Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

Texans random thought of the day

santo

All Pro
Contributor's Club
Ed Reed was already like Ahman Green. It probably didn't matter if the DC here in Houston wanted him or not, he was already washed up and on his way to retirement. The fact that he never did anything after he left here shows he should have retired after the SB win.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Ed Reed was already like Ahman Green. It probably didn't matter if the DC here in Houston wanted him or not, he was already washed up and on his way to retirement. The fact that he never did anything after he left here shows he should have retired after the SB win.
It was a Bob McNair move. Kubiak didnt want him. Wade didnt want him. McNair forced the issue and had to deal with a guy who was just here to cash a check.

theCATALYST

"Fake" Fan
It's no surprise to me, but this article states that Watson would have been the 2nd player taken if the 2017 draft was redone....going to the Chicago Bears.

Of course, quarterback Patrick Mahomes would have gone No. 1 overall to the Cleveland Browns instead of defensive end Myles Garrett. However, the next player off the board would have been Watson with the Chicago Bears moving up to No. 2 overall to take him.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
It's no surprise to me, but this article states that Watson would have been the 2nd player taken if the 2017 draft was redone....going to the Chicago Bears.

Of course, quarterback Patrick Mahomes would have gone No. 1 overall to the Cleveland Browns instead of defensive end Myles Garrett. However, the next player off the board would have been Watson with the Chicago Bears moving up to No. 2 overall to take him.

So Bob would have gotten his prototypical "Chad" QB in Trubisky!! And right now we would be finding out how bad a move it was, and maybe it would have led to OBriens ousting and a complete shakeup? Texans were going to move up to get a QB that is certain, so its safe to assume in this alternate reality that the Texans STILL do move up and Trubisky is EXACTLY what Bob wants in a QB LOL - and I wonder how many ANTI WATSON guys will try to make an argument that Trubisky would be better here!

I can only imagine DEshaun with Nagy as his head coach - who filtered through the Andy Reid tree. That would be special. Its all about fit. Its an even greater testament to the talent Watson is being able to keep Obriens outdated and empiric system relevant.

good find!

steelbtexan

Hall of Fame

Great, then the Bears while better would be going thru the inconsistencies the Texans currently are.

steelbtexan

Hall of Fame
So Bob would have gotten his prototypical "Chad" QB in Trubisky!! And right now we would be finding out how bad a move it was, and maybe it would have led to OBriens ousting and a complete shakeup? Texans were going to move up to get a QB that is certain, so its safe to assume in this alternate reality that the Texans STILL do move up and Trubisky is EXACTLY what Bob wants in a QB LOL - and I wonder how many ANTI WATSON guys will try to make an argument that Trubisky would be better here!

I can only imagine DEshaun with Nagy as his head coach - who filtered through the Andy Reid tree. That would be special. Its all about fit. Its an even greater testament to the talent Watson is being able to keep Obriens outdated and empiric system relevant.

good find!
You would see about the same thing in reverse. BTW, why aren't people calling for Nagy's head. He's obviously not able to work around Trubisky's short comings as well as BOB's been able to work around DW4's shortcomings?

theCATALYST

"Fake" Fan
This is a great read.

Of the supposed franchise quarterbacks, Schaub and Watson boast the best numbers. Schaub turned the ship around, ushering in the Texans’ first era of winning seasons. Watson is the captain now with his sights set on a deep run in the playoffs.
Our recency bias suggests that every card-carrying Texans fan would choose Deshaun Watson over Matt Schaub in a head-to-head decision, but does that match what the stat sheet reveals? On paper, it may be closer than you think.

Schaub was clearly carrying a heavy load for the offense at this point in the franchise. Yes we are firmly in the Arian Foster era, but it’s hard to believe that Matt Schaub was averaging almost 35 pass attempts per game. He truly was a high-volume QB at the time and it’s debatable he carried the team on his shoulders more than Watson.