Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

I referred to the "when all you watch is DW4 with a rag in your hand. "

If he doesn't have a rag then he needs to get one because if he thinks Duke's a 3 down back that means he's only watching the Texans because of DW4 and could care less about the Texans.

If he doesn't have a rag then he needs to get one because if he thinks Duke's a 3 down back that means he's only watching the Texans because of DW4 and could care less about the Texans.
Now that you have said that could you not have gotten your point across a bit more diplomatically? You've said before you allow people to push your buttons? Steel, you aren't changing your mind but neither are they, so move on, brother. What are your meal plans? See my Roughnecks thread.

Now that you have said that could you not have gotten your point across a bit more diplomatically? You've said before you allow people to push your buttons? Steel, you aren't changing your mind but neither are they, so move on, brother. What are your meal plans? See my Roughnecks thread.
Diplomacy isn't my strong suit.

I got a post deleted in another thread by TK for saying RS tried to sympathy fvck his way back into the NFL by using the death of his wife as leverage.

Sorry I had to say that but RS actions speak for themselves and they're despicable. I'm sure this will get deleted too because I'm not down with the PC crowd.

I got a post deleted in another thread by TK for saying RS tried to sympathy fvck his way back into the NFL by using the death of his wife as leverage.

Sorry I had to say that but RS actions speak for themselves and they're despicable. I'm sure this will get deleted too because I'm not down with the PC crowd.
others probably want us to move this to PM but you don't have to be "PC" to get your view known; just leave out the rest that gets you reviled and posts deleted. For example "RS actions speak for themselves". That's it. Comments about his wife's death as you say in this post are completely out of line. You know that yet think your adjectives clarify your POV. They don't. You and others don't have to spit and grab you crotch and say take that.

ps: do not say your sorry, if your are not. It makes you smaller.

What? Man you’re way out of line for this comment. Somethings you just don’t say. And you wonder why people say you hate that man and for what reason.

What? Man you’re way out of line for this comment. Somethings you just don’t say. And you wonder why people say you hate that man and for what reason.

I dont hate anybody.

I also dont care what others think of me. I just give my thoughts, take them as you may. But that's exactly what happened here.

No it isn't your strong suit .... that would be your gift for understatement !!

Sorry Steel .... no malice whatsoever .... I saw that and laughed so hard .... I couldn't help myself ! :dance2:

A simple rule I have for myself is I wouldn’t *say* something about someone I wouldn’t say to their face.

I never liked Rick Smith as GM. I felt he was barely average at his job. But I’d never pretend to know what’s going on inside his head. It’s a mistake for me to believe I know what anyone is thinking, much less a total stranger to me.

Btw, you didn’t have to *say* what you did about RS. You wrote what you did because you wanted to. Maybe just to be disruptive, I guess. Hoping to get a rise out of someone.

Last edited:
No one would have thought Lamar Miller was a 3 down back... but we did it. Duke is better than Miller.
Lamar Miller had a 1000 yard season in Miami, and 3 seasons with close to 200 carries in Miami. It was much easier to view him as a 3 down back. Duke Johnson has spent 5 seasons as a 3rd down back, has never had well over 100 carries in a season or more than 400 yards rushing. Comparing the 2 are like comparing apples and oranges. Not even close.

Exactly Thunder.
No, not exactly. Lamar Miller had a 1000 yard rushing season in Miami and close to 200 carries per season. In 5 years, Duke Johnson averages roughly 300 yards rushing and 50 carries per season. You can not even compare the history of the 2 in terms of being a 3 down back.

No, not exactly. Lamar Miller had a 1000 yard rushing season in Miami and close to 200 carries per season. In 5 years, Duke Johnson averages roughly 300 yards rushing and 50 carries per season. You can not even compare the history of the 2 in terms of being a 3 down back.

I'm not comparing anything. Just saying he could be a three down back. And like Thunder said a lot people didn't think Miller could be a 3 down back too.

I'm not comparing anything. Just saying he could be a three down back. And like Thunder said a lot people didn't think Miller could be a 3 down back too.
Well, you agreed with the previous comment of "No one would have thought Lamar Miller was a 3 down back... but we did it." So all I am saying is that OF COURSE we did. Lamar Miller's proven production on 1st downs and carrying the load for 200 carries was already established in Miami. Duke Johnson has never proven that.

A simple rule I have for myself is I wouldn’t *say* something about someone I wouldn’t say to their face.

I never liked Rick Smith as GM. I felt he was barely average at his job. But I’d never pretend to know what’s going on inside his head. It’s a mistake for me to believe I know what anyone is thinking, much less a total stranger to me.

Btw, you didn’t have to *say* what you did about RS. You wrote what you did because you wanted to. Maybe just to be disruptive, I guess. Hoping to get a rise out of someone.

I would tell RS to his face it's not a good idea to say what he said.

Well, you agreed with the previous comment of "No one would have thought Lamar Miller was a 3 down back... but we did it." So all I am saying is that OF COURSE we did. Lamar Miller's proven production on 1st downs and carrying the load for 200 carries was already established in Miami. Duke Johnson has never proven that.

Some posters care more about being right than what's actually correct.

IYO Duke is a better pure running back than Miller ?
This debate has no substance to back it up. Lamar Miller was a 3 down back in Miami for 3 years before coming here. Lamar Miller had 3 seasons of close to 200 carries, and had a 1000+ yard season. Duke Johnson averages like 50-80 carries per season and has never rushed for more than 400 yards in a season. How are you guys even trying to compare the 2? Lamar Miller came to Houston assuming the role of our workhorse back. Duke Johnson came here as our 3rd down back, and now you are hypothesizing him as our workhorse 3 down back. If you want to have some "theory" that Johnson could be a workhorse back, enjoy your debate, but its based on no evidence. Lamar Miller proved himself in that role for several years.

This debate has no substance to back it up. Lamar Miller was a 3 down back in Miami for 3 years before coming here. Lamar Miller had 3 seasons of close to 200 carries, and had a 1000+ yard season. Duke Johnson averages like 50-80 carries per season and has never rushed for more than 400 yards in a season. How are you guys even trying to compare the 2? Lamar Miller came to Houston assuming the role of our workhorse back. Duke Johnson came here as our 3rd down back, and now you are hypothesizing him as our workhorse 3 down back. If you want to have some "theory" that Johnson could be a workhorse back, enjoy your debate, but its based on no evidence. Lamar Miller proved himself in that role for several years.

Miller was not a starting RB in Miami, 3 down back or not. He was a glorified Albert Blue. That's why he signed with the Texans. You're distorting things a mite

Duke hasn't had the opportunity
THATS MY POINT! My point was that you can’t debate a proven starter vs. a career 3rd down back. If you wanna hypothesize your theories on how Duke “could” be a workhorse back, go ahead, but don’t compare him to someone who has had several years of proving that he can carry the load. I ask again. Name me ONE career 3rd down back for 5 years who has ever developed into a full time workhorse.

THATS MY POINT! My point was that you can’t debate a proven starter vs. a career 3rd down back. If you wanna hypothesize your theories on how Duke “could” be a workhorse back, go ahead, but don’t compare him to someone who has had several years of proving that he can carry the load. I ask again. Name me ONE career 3rd down back for 5 years who has ever developed into a full time workhorse.

I don't think anyone is saying that Duke is a proven starter. Are you arguing just to argue?

The funny thing is you’re all hypot
I don't think anyone is saying that Duke is a proven starter. Are you arguing just to argue?
I was gonna ask you the same question. The initial debate was comparing Lamar Miller to Duke Johnson. It’s funny how people continually alter their initial point when they realize they aren’t making any sense.

The funny thing is you’re all hypot

I was gonna ask you the same question. The initial debate was comparing Lamar Miller to Duke Johnson. It’s funny how people continually alter their initial point when they realize they aren’t making any sense.

No, the initial debate was if Duke could be a starting RB.

No, the initial debate was if Duke could be a starting RB.
All of my points today were directed at the poster comparing Miller to Duke Johnson. So there’s nothing left to say to you if you aren’t sharing that POV.

Name me ONE career 3rd down back for 5 years who has ever developed into a full time workhorse.

Darren Sproles... never in his 14 season career did he start more than 6 games OR have 100 rushes, but there is no denying that he was a feature back.

Darren Sproles... never in his 14 season career did he start more than 6 games OR have 100 rushes, but there is no denying that he was a feature back.
FEATURE back is not the same as workhorse back. The argument was a full time 3 down workhorse back.

All of my points today were directed at the poster comparing Miller to Duke Johnson. So there’s nothing left to say to you if you aren’t sharing that POV.

You've been arguing this point for more than today, but if you don't want to discuss, don't comment

You've been arguing this point for more than today, but if you don't want to discuss, don't comment
No actually I haven’t. I’ve been arguing Duke not being a starter for a while but not the comparison to Miller until today. Get your facts straight.

That's THE conversation!
There was a side comment about Miller I was debating. You were not involved so I’m not wasting my time debating something with you that you just interjected yourself into without full knowledge of what I was even commenting on.

My point was that you can’t debate a proven starter vs. a career 3rd down back.

We've been doing it for a couple of days now. I think we can.

but don’t compare him to someone who has had several years of proving that he can carry the load.

To me, proving. You can carry the load means carrying the load for 16 games. Lamar Miller had done that once in the three years he's been here.

Regardless. Doesn't matter. I don't want Duke to be our primary back. I want someone better than Lamar Miller.

I have no problem going into next season with Duke as our primary with one or two new guys trying to take the spot.

I've seen enough Lamar Miller.

Are you saying you saw Lamar Miller in Miami as an under utilized 3 down running back

& that Duke Johnson is better than Lamar Miller

& Duke Johnson can't be a 3 down back?

Remember we're talking about Lamar "goes down at 1st contact" Miller.

I'm saying Miller was able to handle a 3 down role.

Duke has never had that role. (Probably for a reason.)

No actually I haven’t. I’ve been arguing Duke not being a starter for a while but not the comparison to Miller until today. Get your facts straight.

I'm the one who said Lamar Miller wasn't a starter in Miami. We made him a starter here. Not because he had proven anything in Miami but because BO'b remembered he ran for 300 yards against us the previous season.

Miller didn't have that role in Miami. They didn't think he proved it, they let him go

He had almost 200 carries which lead RS into thinking Miller could be a 3 down back.

I will bet Duke has never had 150 carries in a season.

Surely you can see the difference.

Back