Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans PFF Post Playoff Loss Mock Draft

I agree he's a one trick pony but as Bruce Lee said don't fear the man that practices 10,000 kicks one time, fear the man that practices one kick 10,000 times. Tunsil is number one in the pass blocking and we have a QB that people are in his rookie year putting on the level of Mahomes, Lamar and even Brady. We are a passing team and thats the kick we need to practice 10,000 times. Hell just get a Bell type power back that doesn't need a bunch of people blocking for him and can just bulldoze his way through. For some reason though Texans have always tried to draft/sign/play these quick, nimble guys that take advantage of any hole created but they need that hole to be created.
AJ Dillon is a proven power back, but may come at a price.
Trey Benson in the draft compares favourably with him and is young and will be on a rookie deal.
The great thing about having a solid 1-2 punch out of the backfield is it doesn't just make the QB's job easier, it also takes pressure off your Oline.

LT’s can play well into their 30’s but need to monitor weight, and try to cut much as possible as weight gain going forward is natural. Would be fine with Tunsil if he lost some weight, gained better mobility which also would help lesson strain to his ankles and knees. Trent Williams is the ideal model, yet Tunsil is getting paid more. So this is a problem to me, but if these items can be aligned, have NO personal hate towards him, just as it stands now, Texans have been getting worked.

Last edited:
I don't see Lathum as left tackle and wouldn't trade Tunsil for 1.13. Bears 1.9 If Joe Alt was there would probably make me go with it. More importantly do we need the Texans eating 22.5 Million Dead money for trading him? Other than that JC Stroud guy, everyone is tradable for the right deal. I just have not seen that right deal for Tunsil yet.
There will be some other good OT’s available more suitable to play on the left side, just took the highest graded (PFF). In my own real mock, when it gets closer will revisit class and drill down to find best fit. More length, better mobility and feet top of my list.

Whether like the OL or not the Texans have too much financial and draft capital invested for us to see significant changes next year.

Tunsil is a Texan as long as he wants to be. Flawed or not, there is not going to be a better pas protector available on the left side. The contract and its cap hit insures 24 and 25 with another extension before 26 my current prediction. 30 is not old for a LT.
LG- will be a battle between Greene and Greene with the loser of the center battle having a chance.
C- just drafted Juice and back-up for Juice last year.
RG- Shag Mason is there until someone is developed fresh contract. Only true old.(Edit he going to play at 31 next season)...i.e. i though he was older
RT-Howard fresh contract...biggest unknown is his health. If the Texans are aggressive here, it is a health thing not the team's preference. He is only old because we are tired of him.

Three guys with new contracts and 2 other high picks for interior OLmen. The OL needs to play better and I think 2024 this core is going to get chance be better before replacement.

Outside that, please continue to have fun playing GM.

Last edited:
Whether like the OL or not the Texans have too much financial and draft capital invested for us to see significant changes next year.

Tunsil is a Texan as long as he wants to be. Flawed or not, there is not going to be a better pas protector available on the left side. The contract and its cap hit insures 24 and 25 with another extension before 26 my current prediction. 30 is not old for a LT.
LG- will be a battle between Greene and Greene with the loser of the center battle having a chance.
C- just drafted Juice and back-up for Juice last year.
RG- Shag Mason is there until someone is developed fresh contract. Only true old.
RT-Howard fresh contract...biggest unknown is his health. If the Texans are aggressive here, it is a health thing not the team's preference. He is only old because we are tired of him.

Three guys with new contracts and 2 other high picks for interior OLmen. The OL needs to play better and I think 2024 this core is going to get chance be better before replacement.

Outside that, please continue to have fun playing GM.
Blocking TEs can help the oline but so can bell cow type backs - having a quality QB like CJ also helps if he can get the ball out to an open receiver quickly enough.
Having a genuine 1-2 punch out of the backfield also stops you from being too predictable/one dimensional and forces defenses to crowd the box opening up more opportunities for WRs to get open.

Blocking TEs can help the oline but so can bell cow type backs - having a quality QB like CJ also helps if he can get the ball out to an open receiver quickly enough.
Having a genuine 1-2 punch out of the backfield also stops you from being too predictable/one dimensional and forces defenses to crowd the box opening up more opportunities for WRs to get open.

That’s where TE, Cade Stover (Ohio State) comes in. He’s a good blocking TE with the size to be successful and just might catch the ball as good as any TE on the roster. Schultz is a good pass catcher with nice credentials for picking up tough yards after the catch, but his blocking is suspect.

That’s where TE, Cade Stover (Ohio State) comes in. He’s a good blocking TE with the size to be successful and just might catch the ball as good as any TE on the roster. Schultz is a good pass catcher with nice credentials for picking up tough yards after the catch, but his blocking is suspect.
If Texans cast off Schultz, I would love to see Stover in here - trouble is we would probably have to take him with the second to ensure we get him. I think he's worth it, depends how Texans view him and what priorities they have.

Not sure what I said that was incorrect. You said that everyone is tradeable and I agree but the price to trade him is way to high for any team to realistically consider. So to use your point of "You do not trade Tunsil without getting a quality starting day one left tackle..." that would mean I am trading Tunsil for another top 3 LT and I don't mean projected to be top 3 I mean one of the guys that is on Tunsil's level right now or another Watson level haul of draft picks. So my only trade partners either don't need Tunsil or they they believe they are a LT away from from a SB and thats an extremely niche market. Hence my saying its the "don't want to sell" price.
Where we see things differently is what is too much for a 4/5 pro-bowler [2021 was the hand surgery]. Also, I disagree that trade partners would have to be only a starting LT away.

Why Bears make deal: A team such as Chicago might want the pizzazz of bringing in a 4 time pro-bowler to replace Braxton Young or at least move him to back up. Drafting {most likely} Caleb Williams who definitely would prefer Tunsil. Bears want a turn around that happened to Houston however, realize that fans will give them another "building year". Bears have the two round ones if used correctly (I would trade off 1.1 to land Daniels + picks), will excite fans. They need stability to that line more than Texans do IMO. Tunsil is that guy. No matter who their draft QB is, he more than likely will not have the NFL built in that Stroud came with. Only Daniels might come close and even he would struggle with line Chicago now has.

Deal would look like 1.9 + Braxton + lowest of 2025 round 2s
or 1.9 +2025 round 2 both theirs and Panthers

Why Houston would deal: Joe Alt turns 21 IIRC February and allows him to spend even more years at much cheaper cost than Tunsil. Responsibly reducing cap cost while adding quality youth is not penny pinching. Stroud has proven he can be phenomenal with a ragged line. Houston has no idea how Tunsil's injuries will impact him going forward. A healthy Alt compared to Tunsil risk is a no brainer. In addition, the additional picks would push Texans even closer to that piece of hand jewelry we all want them to have.

Why I would do that deal: 1.9 plus both round twos in 2025. Alt locks in LT for 15 years and is an addition to the youth movement.

Prediction: Ryans would kill that deal if Caserio said he could get it done.

LT’s can play well into their 30’s but need to monitor weight, and try to cut much as possible as weight gain going forward is natural. Would be fine with Tunsil if he lost some weight, gained better mobility which also would help lesson strain to his ankles and knees. Trent Williams is the ideal model, yet Tunsil is getting paid more. So this is a problem to me, but if these items can be aligned, have to personal hate towards him, just as it stands now, Texans have been getting worked.
Getting rolled up on and injuring a knee has nothing to do with weight. You do realize that Williams has missed more time than Tunsil this yr. Why are you so concerned with the money? It's not like Caserio doesn't have plenty of cap space to work with.

There will be some other good OT’s available more suitable to play on the left side, just took the highest graded (PFF). In my own real mock, when it gets closer will revisit class and drill down to find best fit. More length, better mobility and feet top of my list.
Are any of these guys going to be top 3 LT's protecting the franchise QB's blindside? Because if the answer is no then you hold onto one of the best in the NFL at his position. BTW, I'm not against drafting an OT. A developmental guy I like in the 4th rd is Matt Gonsalves OT Pittsburgh. Big man that moves fairly well and is strong.

The chances of having a rookie OT ready to start are very low. Teams do start them but that doesn't mean they are ready, plus 19+ is in no possible way worth letting him go. Its this line of thinking of "trade players at highest return" that gets teams in trouble because the reason they are at highest return is because they are playing at their best. I blame the Patriots, they did this for years and it got in people's heads that this was the way to run a team. The only reason Pats got away with it though is because of Brady and they played in a division that seemed hell bent on proving who could improve the least each year. Soon as Brady left, and really a year before that, and their division got better the Pats starting losing and losing badly and everyone has said its because they have pretty much no talent on that team.
Joe Alt and perhaps Fashanu are considered by many [I am not one of them for Fash] to be ready game 1. No way I trade Tunsil for mid round 1 unless we have a LT lined up; maybe Trent Brown who was rated at 80+ at LT and deal would have to have a ton of sweetner to pull that trigger.

I don't think O.T is saying the only reason to trade Tunsil is what the return would be. His age, health, contract should also be considered. If he is to be traded, you would prefer to do it now, when return matches draft positions we need.

Where we see things differently is what is too much for a 4/5 pro-bowler [2021 was the hand surgery]. Also, I disagree that trade partners would have to be only a starting LT away.

Why Bears make deal: A team such as Chicago might want the pizzazz of bringing in a 4 time pro-bowler to replace Braxton Young or at least move him to back up. Drafting {most likely} Caleb Williams who definitely would prefer Tunsil. Bears want a turn around that happened to Houston however, realize that fans will give them another "building year". Bears have the two round ones if used correctly (I would trade off 1.1 to land Daniels + picks), will excite fans. They need stability to that line more than Texans do IMO. Tunsil is that guy. No matter who their draft QB is, he more than likely will not have the NFL built in that Stroud came with. Only Daniels might come close and even he would struggle with line Chicago now has.

Why Houston would deal: Joe Alt turns 21 IIRC February and allows him to spend even more years at much cheaper cost than Tunsil. Responsibly reducing cap cost while adding quality youth is not penny pinching. Stroud has proven he can be phenomenal with a ragged line. Houston has no idea how Tunsil's injuries will impact him going forward. A healthy Alt compared to Tunsil risk is a no brainer. In addition, the additional picks would push Texans even closer to that piece of hand jewelry we all want them to have.

Why I would do that deal: 1.9 plus both round twos in 2025. Alt locks in LT for 15 years and is an addition to the youth movement.

In making a case for the Bears to trade for Tunsil you inadvertently made a great case for Caserio to keep Tunsil for the same reasons the Bears would want to trade for Tunsil. Like it or not Ryans/Caserio consider Tunsil to be a franchise cornerstone like Stroud/WA/Stingley etc... Yes Tunsil played with a bad knee last yr, but there should be no worries because he was a top 5 LT playing with a bad knee. That's how talented this guy is. Also I cant understand why anybody would want to trade Tunsil for cap space when they've already got plenty of cap space.

Joe Alt and perhaps Fashanu are considered by many [I am not one of them for Fash] to be ready game 1. No way I trade Tunsil for mid round 1 unless we have a LT lined up; maybe Trent Brown who was rated at 80+ at LT and deal would have to have a ton of sweetner to pull that trigger.

I don't think O.T is saying the only reason to trade Tunsil is what the return would be. His age, health, contract should also be considered. If he is to be traded, you would prefer to do it now, when return matches draft positions we need.

Health : He's been very durable and has been a top 5 LT despite playing at less than 100%.

Contract : Top 5 guys at their positions get paid. Do they need a top 5 guy at his position or do they need more cap space?

In making a case for the Bears to trade for Tunsil you inadvertently made a great case for Caserio to keep Tunsil for the same reasons the Bears would want to trade for Tunsil. Like it or not Ryans/Caserio consider Tunsil to be a franchise cornerstone like Stroud/WA/Stingley etc... Yes Tunsil played with a bad knee last yr, but there should be no worries because he was a top 5 LT playing with a bad knee. That's how talented this guy is. Also I cant understand why anybody would want to trade Tunsil for cap space when they've already got plenty of cap space.
oh, I get that but also I did give the reason why a team like Bears would prefer a 4 x pro-bowler over 1.9. Knee injuries do not just get better and CloaknnnDagger has said that. I think many are just hoping Kenyon and Tytus get better by game one. I just don't see that happening and I think medical evidence supports that. Cap space is only a by-product as there will be a negative of $23.5 m with only $3.4 m savings. The advantage for cap would be the following years. There is never enough cap space specifically this off season when NFL veterans will be ringing up Nicky.

oh, I get that but also I did give the reason why a team like Bears would prefer a 4 x pro-bowler over 1.9. Knee injuries do not just get better and CloaknnnDagger has said that. I think many are just hoping Kenyon and Tytus get better by game one. I just don't see that happening and I think medical evidence supports that. Cap space is only a by-product as there will be a negative of $23.5 m with only $3.4 m savings. The advantage for cap would be the following years. There is never enough cap space specifically this off season when NFL veterans will be ringing up Nicky.
You just made the case why the Bears wouldn't do a deal. I'm not worried at all about his knee.

There's plenty of cap space available.

Health : He's been very durable and has been a top 5 LT despite playing at less than 100%.

Contract : Top 5 guys at their positions get paid. Do they need a top 5 guy at his position or do they need more cap space?
no.. Tunsil is 'leaving' those years you describe at 30 in August. I am not as concerned with the hand surgery but IIRC that was ligaments not bone which if I'm correct will bother him in future, but rather with his knee. Playing on the knee after being ruled questionable to return in blue tent was admirable but not sure if smart. I am not upset at his contract but if a huge offer improves roster over all, I will consider it. If Alt is a top 10 in 2024 and offers same five sacks plus we get other benefits...

no.. Tunsil is 'leaving' those years you describe at 30 in August. I am not as concerned with the hand surgery but IIRC that was ligaments not bone which if I'm correct will bother him in future, but rather with his knee. Playing on the knee after being ruled questionable to return in blue tent was admirable but not sure if smart. I am not upset at his contract but if a huge offer improves roster over all, I will consider it. If Alt is a top 10 in 2024 and offers same five sacks plus we get other benefits...
You won't get a top 5 OT in this draft. Maybe the dude from Penis St. But I've got my doubts. Alt will be solid but not a top 5 guy.

And is Joe Alt going to be a pro bowler and the number one pass protector in the league? Is Joe Alt going to make Miles Garret a complete non-factor? Is he going to do all this by the start of the 2024 season? If the answer to any of these is no or even maybe then its not a good deal.

CJ showed he was phenomenal yes but that ragged line still had Tunsil for 14 of those games.

That's how talented this guy is. Also I cant understand why anybody would want to trade Tunsil for cap space when they've already got plenty of cap space.

Personally, i’m fine with no longer crossing my fingers for a franchise LT. But I understand some want a reason to keep evaluating LTs to make Senior Bowl more exciting!

Rate my Mock Draft:
1706031661312.png
Read an article where Ryans supposedly mentions that he’d like to target the defense early to continue building a dominant defense.

I like Sweat b/c the guy will be a monster in the middle mix of the DL. He could be available early in RD2 which made trading back a good move.

Jenkins is another twitchy athlete with good bend…..with his size, he could be a nice addition as DE opposite WA Jr.

Wilson would be a solid pick to align with Collins and Dell. Dominant WR b/c of size, catch radius, and surprising speed for a big WR.

Had to add the big and quick SS….Hicks still being on the board made it an easy selection.

Wright has been my RB of choice recently. Size and speed is a plus. One cut and go runner with HR speed. Is a plus blocker as well.

Wiley adds a nice dimension to the TE room. Schultz is a must to be re-signed and pairing him with Wiley would be beneficial to Stroud.

Like both Hart and Simpson as CB’s to help Stingley in the event this area is affected in free agency.

Rosengarten would be a nice developmental OT who’ll need a season to gain additional mass. At his strongest in pass protection and run blocking needs some work, but he has the nasty demeanor to get better.

Adding McCaffrey just seems like a smart move as an additional SWR. Quick possession receiver that has the smarts to find his spots in zone coverage. Could be a real target for Stroud on crucial 3rd down conversions.

Last pick used on very productive RB Davis out of SD State. May need him in the RB room if Singletary bolts for more money elsewhere. Runs and catches out of the backfield while also being a solid blocker.

And is Joe Alt going to be a pro bowler and the number one pass protector in the league? Is Joe Alt going to make Miles Garret a complete non-factor? Is he going to do all this by the start of the 2024 season? If the answer to any of these is no or even maybe then its not a good deal.

CJ showed he was phenomenal yes but that ragged line still had Tunsil for 14 of those games.
Alt would not have to be a pro bowler his first year let alone the number one pass protector. He just has to be good enough not to give up five sacks like tonsil did.

To your first question - perhaps.
Second question - perhaps.
Third question - not reasonable to expect from a rookie, but could be showing signs of improvement by mid season.
The oline must be better than it was against Ravens - if we have aspirations of advancing past good teams.

Alt would not have to be a pro bowler his first year let alone the number one pass protector. He just has to be good enough not to give up five sacks like tonsil did.

And you think a rookie wouldn't have given up those five sacks? So you are saying he doesn't have to be better than Tunsil he just has to do better than Tunsil? idonno:

Third question - not reasonable to expect from a rookie, but could be showing signs of improvement by mid season.
The oline must be better than it was against Ravens - if we have aspirations of advancing past good teams.

Again so the way to make the Oline better is to replace the best player on that line? Seriously how does any of this make sense?

And you think a rookie wouldn't have given up those five sacks? So you are saying he doesn't have to be better than Tunsil he just has to do better than Tunsil? idonno:

Again so the way to make the Oline better is to replace the best player on that line? Seriously how does any of this make sense?
And you think left tackle is only about sacks? Yes this year Alt would have given up less sacks and yet may not have been better. Surprised you asked that.

Alt would be better in run blocking immediately than Tunsil.

As to your 2nd question to someone else, my trade of Laremy would not be to "better the line" but to not lessen significantly while improving the roster and cap. You and others focus seemingly on one aspect of Tunsil [pass blocking] which is important but not only factor. I still support Laremy tunsil on this roster but the dead money he would leave behind is the primary reason for not trading him in my opinion, not his pass blocking skills.

And you think left tackle is only about sacks? Yes this year Alt would have given up less sacks and yet may not have been better. Surprised you asked that.

As to your 2nd question to someone else, my trade of Laremy would not be to "better the line" but to not lessen significantly while improving the roster and cap. You and others focus seemingly on one aspect of Tunsil [pass blocking] which is important but not only factor. I still support Laremy tunsil on this roster but the dead money he would leave behind is the primary reason for not trading him in my opinion, not his pass blocking skills.

No I don't think left tackle is only about sacks, in fact that was my entire point is that Tunsil is the best at what he does which is pass protection. As far as run blocking, first you can't say he would be better in run blocking considering he has never played a single NFL game, second let me make my position clear I DON'T CARE ABOUT RUN BLOCKING. Arian Foster is not on the team any more and we haven't been a run team in a decade and we sure as Hell aren't now. Our RBs now have just two jobs, keep the defense from doing nothing but pass blocking and give CJ a break so he isn't having to throw every single down. If they get some yards and TDs great but we are not going to build an offense around them. Get a power back that can just bulldoze through things and Tunsil's run blocking is good enough.

If it doesn't better the line and help protect CJ more then why would they even remotely consider doing it? I swear sometimes I think that the only part of football you care about is playing around in the off season and creating new ways to save on cap space even if it actually doesn't translate into wins. There is no way you can definitely say that trading Tunsil away and getting Alt, assuming he is even available, would improve the roster. It might improve the cap space but guess what, we don't need to improve the cap space. We have the 3rd most cap space in the entire league and our two newly crown defense and offense/overall rookie of the year are on the first year of their rookie contracts. Our window is so open right now you could fly a plane through it. This is the time to spend and make a real run not do our best impression of Scourge McDuck.

I don't see Byron Nesbit on the underclassmen list. And if he were on it, Nesbit would go a day earlier.

Got ol issues, trade away one of the best ol in the league. I'm glad you guys aren't running the team.

Very well put.

No I don't think left tackle is only about sacks, in fact that was my entire point is that Tunsil is the best at what he does which is pass protection. As far as run blocking, first you can't say he would be better in run blocking considering he has never played a single NFL game, second let me make my position clear I DON'T CARE ABOUT RUN BLOCKING. Arian Foster is not on the team any more and we haven't been a run team in a decade and we sure as Hell aren't now. Our RBs now have just two jobs, keep the defense from doing nothing but pass blocking and give CJ a break so he isn't having to throw every single down. If they get some yards and TDs great but we are not going to build an offense around them. Get a power back that can just bulldoze through things and Tunsil's run blocking is good enough.

If it doesn't better the line and help protect CJ more then why would they even remotely consider doing it? I swear sometimes I think that the only part of football you care about is playing around in the off season and creating new ways to save on cap space even if it actually doesn't translate into wins. There is no way you can definitely say that trading Tunsil away and getting Alt, assuming he is even available, would improve the roster. It might improve the cap space but guess what, we don't need to improve the cap space. We have the 3rd most cap space in the entire league and our two newly crown defense and offense/overall rookie of the year are on the first year of their rookie contracts. Our window is so open right now you could fly a plane through it. This is the time to spend and make a real run not do our best impression of Scourge McDuck.

The Texans crap arse run game is exactly rooted in an ineffective OL. The tackles are the culprit.

In the AF days…Brown was the LT and was a far more well rounded LT than Tunsil will ever be.

If the cats meow for LT pass blocking is Tunsil would there be any chance the 49’ers would trade Williams straight-up for Tunsil? Tunsil would be a cheaper option when Williams is due for his new contract.

The Texans crap arse run game is exactly rooted in an ineffective OL. The tackles are the culprit.

In the AF days…Brown was the LT and was a far more well rounded LT than Tunsil will ever be.

If the cats meow for LT pass blocking is Tunsil would there be any chance the 49’ers would trade Williams straight-up for Tunsil? Tunsil would be a cheaper option when Williams is due for his new contract.

I would say that being on your 3rd LG, 4th C and 2nd RT has more to do with the struggles in the run game than Tunsil. No the 49ers wouldn't trade Williams for Tunsil. But there are only about 4 or 5 teams that wouldn't trade their LT for Tunsil.

What gets me is some question his toughness when he played this season on a bad knee that probably needs surgery and he was still a top 5 LT despite this. Many guys would have shut it down with a knee injury like that .

BTW, Tunsil isn't as bad as a run blocker as some on here make him out to be. Fact is you need more guys like Tunsil on the team ( top 5 at their position) not less. I'm just glad Ryans and Caserio disagree with y'all.

Is Brown on the team? No, then you go to war with the army you have and you don't trade one of your best commanders for the new recruit just because you like the cut of his jib. Not picking on you but again you have the same issue when talking about trading Tunsil as everyone else and that is that even if you do trade Tunsil for Williams, which SF won't do, Williams is going to reset the LT market again so Tunsil will no longer be the highest paid LT. So now you made it a zero sum game skill wise, better run blocking and worse pass blocking, while spending more money. I'm really starting to wonder if the Tunsil hate isn't mostly because he was an BoB decision.

Tunsil isn't that much more paid than the guys behind him.

Left Tackle Contracts

PlayerTeamAgeTotal
Value
Avg./YearTotal
Guaranteed
Fully
Guaranteed
Free
Agency
Laremy TunsilTexans30$75,000,000$25,000,000$60,000,000$50,000,0002027 UFA
Andrew ThomasGiants25$117,500,000$23,500,000$67,000,000$67,000,0002030 UFA
Trent Williams49ers36$138,060,000$23,010,000$45,100,000$40,050,0002027 Void
David BakhtiariPackers33$92,000,000$23,000,000$30,000,000$30,000,0002025 UFA
Ronnie StanleyRavens30$98,750,000$19,750,000$70,866,000$64,116,0002026 UFA
Jake MatthewsFalcons32$55,500,000$18,500,000$42,058,823$26,558,8232027 UFA

I would say that being on your 3rd LG, 4th C and 2nd RT has more to do with the struggles in the run game than Tunsil. No the 49ers wouldn't trade Williams for Tunsil. But there are only about 4 or 5 teams that wouldn't trade their LT for Tunsil.

What gets me is some question his toughness when he played this season on a bad knee that probably needs surgery and he was still a top 5 LT despite this. Many guys would have shut it down with a knee injury like that .

BTW, Tunsil isn't as bad as a run blocker as some on here make him out to be. Fact is you need more guys like Tunsil on the team ( top 5 at their position) not less. I'm just glad Ryans and Caserio disagree with y'all.
Simply because there are other weaker spots on the line I agree.
We absolutely do need a lot more physicality on it.

Drafting Scruggs and Patterson will help with this. Kenyon is very physical especially in the run game and unlike some I haven't given up on him being a really solid player.
Me either - simply because of the small sample size and the fact he has been injured.
I hope he comes back healthy and plays well.
Our current OL coach seems to be able to get plenty out of these guys considering the constant disruptions, but I would love to see them a lot more agro.

Drafting Scruggs and Patterson will help with this. Kenyon is very physical especially in the run game and unlike some I haven't given up on him being a really solid player.
Kenyon had surgery on his knee early last year and it should be good to go. Same for his pec. He had surgery on his shoulder in October. CnD says 6 to 9 months for rehab, so he should be ready for training camp. But he also says 20% don't come back from this injury.

Is Brown on the team? No, then you go to war with the army you have and you don't trade one of your best commanders for the new recruit just because you like the cut of his jib. Not picking on you but again you have the same issue when talking about trading Tunsil as everyone else and that is that even if you do trade Tunsil for Williams, which SF won't do, Williams is going to reset the LT market again so Tunsil will no longer be the highest paid LT. So now you made it a zero sum game skill wise, better run blocking and worse pass blocking, while spending more money. I'm really starting to wonder if the Tunsil hate isn't mostly because he was an BoB decision.

Tunsil isn't that much more paid than the guys behind him.

Left Tackle Contracts

PlayerTeamAgeTotal
Value
Avg./YearTotal
Guaranteed
Fully
Guaranteed
Free
Agency
Laremy TunsilTexans30$75,000,000$25,000,000$60,000,000$50,000,0002027 UFA
Andrew ThomasGiants25$117,500,000$23,500,000$67,000,000$67,000,0002030 UFA
Trent Williams49ers36$138,060,000$23,010,000$45,100,000$40,050,0002027 Void
David BakhtiariPackers33$92,000,000$23,000,000$30,000,000$30,000,0002025 UFA
Ronnie StanleyRavens30$98,750,000$19,750,000$70,866,000$64,116,0002026 UFA
Jake MatthewsFalcons32$55,500,000$18,500,000$42,058,823$26,558,8232027 UFA

I’ve already mentioned that Tunsil would be the Texans LT for 2024 and probably 2025. This exercise is to emphasize that Tunsil is a finesse one-trick pony at LT. Drafting an OT in 2024 and 2025 would be on my “To Do” list in preparation that Howard can’t return and Tunsil prices himself out of the Texans market. This season, I’m looking for a RT who has the tangibles in both the pass and run game to potentially make the move to LT if needed.

I’d like to see the Texans select OT- Amarius Mims (Georgia) if he falls to 23. This could happen due to his (8) CFB starts and injury suffered in 2023. What keeps evaluators seeing him as a RD1 is his massive upside. If Mims is off the board, then I’d be very satisfied if Caserio turned his OT focus to Tyler Guyton (Oklahoma). Guyton had his first full season under his belt at RT in 2023. Guyton, like Mims is a bit raw but possesses a ceiling that moves him up the boards.

Mims and Guyton possess the length, wing span, size, weight, and athleticism to excel with more seasoning. Both have the ability to be solid pass protectors, but are known as being strong and nasty road graders in the run game. Both are guys worth investing in and developing for a return at some point in 2024 or the start of 2025.

I’ve already mentioned that Tunsil would be the Texans LT for 2024 and probably 2025. This exercise is to emphasize that Tunsil is a finesse one-trick pony at LT. Drafting an OT in 2024 and 2025 would be on my “To Do” list in preparation that Howard can’t return and Tunsil prices himself out of the Texans market. This season, I’m looking for a RT who has the tangibles in both the pass and run game to potentially make the move to LT if needed.

I’d like to see the Texans select OT- Amarius Mims (Georgia) if he falls to 23. This could happen due to his (8) CFB starts and injury suffered in 2023. What keeps evaluators seeing him as a RD1 is his massive upside. If Mims is off the board, then I’d be very satisfied if Caserio turned his OT focus to Tyler Guyton (Oklahoma). Guyton had his first full season under his belt at RT in 2023. Guyton, like Mims is a bit raw but possesses a ceiling that moves him up the boards.

Mims and Guyton possess the length, wing span, size, weight, and athleticism to excel with more seasoning. Both have the ability to be solid pass protectors, but are known as being strong and nasty road graders in the run game. Both are guys worth investing in and developing for a return at some point in 2024 or the start of 2025.
Mims is a bit raw to invest a first in if you're the Texans. He may well turn into a star in this league, but may take more than a season to get there.
If I'm the Texans, I'm looking for more potentially immediate impact players.

Just tried this Sportskeeda NFL Mock Draft site. Don’t count on players remaining at their projected location. First draft resulted in missing out on players. Made a simple move to get an earlier pick.

1706119989884.png
Got Mims here b/c he was still on the board. Guyton was selected with the 34th pick by the Patriots.

I’m still wondering how Sweat is still on the board at 59. If he is….no brainer.

They must be projecting Wright’s status to move up b/c he’s been picked ahead of his slot twice. Knowing how bad the run game needs to improve….this is a justifiable pick. Not to mention, he’s a complete back in all aspects. Just hope he remains available in RD3.

The Texans still need that big and imposing SS that can play the run and defend the intermediate routes so Hucks is my choice.

Wiley has become my favorite TE target b/c he’d still be on the board in RD4.

I couldn’t get another WR earlier, but I could get McCaffrey late. He’ll be a steal in RD7 and a better than expected SWR in his first season.
I’d probably try to re-sign Noah Brown who has no reason to expect a Brinks truck for his new contract. He’ll be playing on a “prove-it” contract with the Texans b/c it’s his best option for any kind of success.
Texans receiving room would be just fine in 2024 with; Collins, Dell, Brown, Hutchinson, Metchie, Sims, and McCaffrey.

Kromah and Jackson had very respectable seasons with their teams. I could see Ryans getting good first season use out of these guys.

Just tried this Sportskeeda NFL Mock Draft site. Don’t count on players remaining at their projected location. First draft resulted in missing out on players. Made a simple move to get an earlier pick.

View attachment 13546
Got Mims here b/c he was still on the board. Guyton was selected with the 34th pick by the Patriots.

I’m still wondering how Sweat is still on the board at 59. If he is….no brainer.

They must be projecting Wright’s status to move up b/c he’s been picked ahead of his slot twice. Knowing how bad the run game needs to improve….this is a justifiable pick. Not to mention, he’s a complete back in all aspects. Just hope he remains available in RD3.

The Texans still need that big and imposing SS that can play the run and defend the intermediate routes so Hucks is my choice.

I couldn’t get another WR earlier, but I could get McCaffrey late. He’ll be a steal in RD7 and a better than expected SWR in his first season.
I’d probably try to re-sign Noah Brown who has no reason to expect a Brinks truck for his new contract. He’ll be playing on a “prove-it” contract with the Texans b/c it’s his best option for any kind of success.
Texans receiving room would be just fine in 2024 with; Collins, Dell, Brown, Hutchinson, Metchie, Sims, and McCaffrey.

Kromah and Jackson had very respectable seasons with their teams. I could see Ryans getting good first season use out of these guys.

Overall I agree with drafting for the line simply because there are some good options at RBs, WR and edge in free agency and we have the cap space. We can't sign all the stars, nor do we need to, but I think we can sign some difference makers without losing to much of the current roster. Oline though might be hard because frankly there just aren't any coming up that I would spend the money on though @badboy is right that Trent Brown might be worth offering a team friendly deal.

Tunsil isn't as bad at run blocking as you make him out to be. Once Scruggs got healthy and acclimated Singletary started to run fairly well behind Scruggs/Tunsil. Is Tunsil top 5 in run blocking? nope, is he avg at run blocking ? Yep and with his pass blocking that makes him a top 5 LT.

View attachment 13546

I would be very happy with this draft.

What WR's were there in rd.1?

What CB's/S were there in rd 2

What other RB's were there in rd 3?

I would be very happy with this draft.

What WR's were there in rd.1?

What CB's/S were there in rd 2

What other RB's were there in rd 3?

You need to try the site. Top receivers went fast. CB’s we’re available but I didn’t see them as high as the players I selected inside RD4. I got Hicks at SS, so I’m happy with that. I missed on Wright the first couple of times b/c he was selected late 80’s and early 90’s….I got him where I felt comfortable. RD7 would be a very interesting group to say the least.

Checkout Ennis Rakstraw CB Missouri, he's from Duncanville and he's a low 1st/mid 2nd rd guy IMHO.

Teams got to the point where they didn't even throw at him by seasons end. Very talented dude.

I need help evaluating CB's. Thoughts?

My question on Tunsil is not his toughness being able to play on an injured knee but his physicality when blocking. I realize he is a finesse tackle but his size and build he should be more physical with his opponent.

My question on Tunsil is not his toughness being able to play on an injured knee but his physicality when blocking. I realize he is a finesse tackle but his size and build he should be more physical with his opponent.
Yet he's still an avg run blocker.

This year’s first round pick is the Jamarr Chase vs Rashawn Slater question that the Bengals had a few drafts back. No real wrong answer and you’re gonna improve your team .

Do you get your QB the playmaker or dependable protection to give him time to work with the tools he has?

I predict the board falls where the best choice is a playmaker for the Texans.

Getting rolled up on and injuring a knee has nothing to do with weight. You do realize that Williams has missed more time than Tunsil this yr. Why are you so concerned with the money? It's not like Caserio doesn't have plenty of cap space to work with.
With the money the Texans organization will rake in with DR, CJ and WA here, I don't think they will go broke too soon.

Ah, I didn't realize that...
I wonder if he needs surgery in the off season or just needs time to heal?
If he can come back healthy it will make a big difference for him to play with confidence again.

Back