Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans @ Chiefs - 2nd Round (And Round 2)

I can’t be the only one pumped and hyped for this game?

Where are @JamTex and @Bulls on Parade ?

I need some back up on some positivity.
Oh i'm definitely ready for this game.
I'm with ya. I think the Texans are going to go into Kansas City and find the Chiefs over confident and take them completely by surprise. Much like the Titans did to the Ravens.
The AFC Championship game will actually be THE AFC South Championship game.

Go Texans!!!

Don’t have to be the best team or even beat the best team; just gotta get hot at the right time. I’m not betting against Watson.
I am.... only because if the past has taught me anything.... if I put money on someone or something... the result is always a loss of my money.

Lets go Tex.... I mean... boy I hope to double my money....

people called me delusional throughout the whole season for saying Watson will reach the Super Bowl in his 3rd season

We're nowhere close. We still have to win in Arrowhead to even have a chance at the AFCCG. Bill Obrien doesn't have it in him to beat Andy Reid on the road. We've never won a road playoff game in the history of the franchise, and that certainly ain't changing with butt-chin at the helm.

Ate bad shrimp at Salt Grass once, had to get that taste outa my mouth somehow...
First of all, if you want seafood, you go to a seafood place. Not a steak place! Lol
Nick trolling both KC and Houston.
Nick Wright is a tool. He hates everything Texans except #4. He admits he’s good.
He’s from KC so he’s a Chiefs fan and not trolling KC

We're nowhere close. We still have to win in Arrowhead to even have a chance at the AFCCG. Bill Obrien doesn't have it in him to beat Andy Reid on the road. We've never won a road playoff game in the history of the franchise, and that certainly ain't changing with butt-chin at the helm.
It’s not about OB today. It’s about Watson. He needs to lead this team to victory. This is why #inwatsonwetrust

Go out there and show the world why they underestimated you Watson.

Ok boys. Henry and the Titans did their jobs. Time for you guys to beat KC and us have a third game. Good luck tomorrow.

I honestly can't even begin to fathom a Texans vs Titans AFC Championship Game IN HOUSTON, If this happens I will probably die of a major cardiac event during the game, it will never get any bigger than that for the Texans, not for me, even IF they go on to the Super Bowl that game would not matter as much ain't that crazy?! I feel like its like something from a ******* movie if that happens, all the history and all of the full circle story lines that have gotten us to this point I'm seriously on edge right now I've limited myself to 1 cup of coffee for today and I'm going to have to actively try to calm myself the **** down.

I don't know if I can handle this.

I loved the Oilers so ******* much man and when they left I hated them so ******* much for so long, true bitterness and resentment in it's purest form made worse when I moved away from Houston to East Texas during the 1999 playoffs when I was in high school and EVERYBODY around this backwards ass hillbilly part of the state was hiding all their Cowboys gear away and were riding the Titans bandwagon because they were so trendy and cool to be a fan of at that time(nauseating). I'm sorry bro but I was so happy they lost that Super Bowl and became a temporary Ravens fan that next season when they cut ya'll down(I honestly stopped watching NFL from 97 to 99, those Titans vs Ravens games in 2000 were so good they got me back into it).

I've cooled off on my Titans hatred, I'm not even hot and bothered about them having the rights to the Oilers history anymore but man for us to be able to defeat you guys in an AFC Championship Game IN HOUSTON to go on to a Super Bowl is like something from a movie script, true ******* poetic justice. It all starts today man lets ******* do this.

As badly as I would like a Titans vs Texans AFCCG in Houston, we know it ain't going to happen. The important thing is that we determine everyone who is at fault so we can gripe about it until draft time (we've got plenty to gripe about at draft time).

Houston has performed pretty well on the road this year. We also won against a few teams that experts said were on a "hot streak" and that many predicted would beat us (Titans and TB on the road, Buffalo last week). And as inconsisstent as we have been, I feel we are due for a really good game. Whether that translates to a win is yet to be seen. This has been a season about getting monkeys off our back (Winning in KC, Beating NE convincingly, winning our Wild Card game). Is getting past the divisional round next??

I'd have to say a pretty amazing history. In his entire long 16 year career, I could not find where he missed any more than 5 games to injury.

************************************ Mike Adams, the man the Texans call 'Pops'

Aaron Wilson , Houston Chronicle Jan. 9, 2020 Updated: Jan. 9, 2020 10:30 p.m.

Texans safety Mike “Pops” Adams’ first NFL season was 16 years ago as an undrafted rookie with the 49ers.

The 38-year-old is the oldest player on the Texans’ roster, and the longest-tenured active safety in the league. He is a testament to durability and perseverance.

“I’m like a fine wine, baby,” said Adams, the only active player with at least 800 career tackles and 30 interceptions.

Adams’ longevity is staggering, considering that Chiefs general manager Brett Veach and Chicago Bears coach Matt Nagy were his college teammates. Adams was the defensive captain. Veach was a standout wide receiver. And Nagy was the quarterback.

“It brings back memories,” Adams said. “I’m still going. They’re waiting on me.”

This game should be a classic dogfight. Two really good teams playing to host the AFC Championship game at home. It will come down to turnovers and some non star player doing something extraordinary. Team with the ball last and at least 1.5 minutes wins the game. I see this as a start of an annual playoff rivalry. Titans had their moment but it was really the selfish , only I can do it all Jackson choking that handed them a win.

So I hope for a great game, no injuries, no BS penalties game. The winner is likely going to THE BIG GAME.

Hoping KC wins but if you guys win I will be rooting for you , to win it all. Enjoy this contest.

Last edited:
Packers are 5-5 in last 10 home playoff games. Seahawks got a good chance to beat the Packers today.
Ravens were 2-2 in last 4 home playoff games.
Chiefs are 1-7 in last 8 home playoff games. If the good Texans show up, anything can happen.
Yes but how many of those 8 playoff games were with Mahomes and being the 2nd overall seed? Stats mean nothing.

As badly as I would like a Titans vs Texans AFCCG in Houston, we know it ain't going to happen. The important thing is that we determine everyone who is at fault so we can gripe about it until draft time (we've got plenty to gripe about at draft time).
Why do you say it ain't going to happen? I think we have a much better chance of beating the Chiefs than the Titans had of beating Baltimore last night....

Hey everyone !! Big game with a ton on the line. It’s been said already so I won’t belabor the thoughts.

In reading through this, I have a couple of thoughts. As a Bengals fan I don’t want to face Watson, Mahomes or Jackson. Which one is better isn’t simply on them however. Look at their respective o-lines and tell me Watson wouldn’t be more feared if he wasn’t running for his life.

Also, I can agree in part that Watson needs to “ball out” today but the Titans just proved how important it is for your trench dogs to do the same. The Titans don’t win that game without the play of both their lines.

Lastly, at least this house in Ohio will be rooting and screaming for a big Texans win today !!! Hoping for an exciting game that the Texans come out on top of.

You all take care here !!!

GO TEXANS !!!

The UFO may have not actually landed outside your apartment yet, but it has at least entered the outer atmosphere. We will see tomorrow if they actually land.

Which brings up the debate point of which is more important, contact with an alien species or the Texans. Unless the aliens are hungry I can tell you which would get more attention.

1578842631416.png

Gotta say, I haven’t been this pumped for a Texans game in quite a while. Probably setting myself up for the inevitable chance to take destiny by the horns and fail, but what are you gonna do?
Don’t like our chances but never thought Baltimore would lay the egg they did, so what do I know?

LETS DO THIS TEXANS!!!!!

Gotta say, I haven’t been this pumped for a Texans game in quite a while. Probably setting myself up for the inevitable chance to take destiny by the horns and fail, but what are you gonna do?
Don’t like our chances but never thought Baltimore would lay the egg they did, so what do I know?

LETS DO THIS TEXANS!!!!!

I just can't seem to get by my distrust of OB. But Watson taking charge and doing his thing can certainly change any game. I would love to see the AFC championship played out in Reliant.

Why do you say it ain't going to happen? I think we have a much better chance of beating the Chiefs than the Titans had of beating Baltimore last night....
Vegas gave the exact same beat down odds for the Titans that they have given for Texans.

Yes but how many of those 8 playoff games were with Mahomes and being the 2nd overall seed? Stats mean nothing.
Yes, I realize that. Just pointing out that the Chiefs record in playoff games at home sucks!
So throw out Mahomes’ stats during the regular season as well. They don’t matter

It’s not about OB today. It’s about Watson. He needs to lead this team to victory. This is why #inwatsonwetrust

Go out there and show the world why they underestimated you Watson.
Maybe today is the day Watson tells O'Brien to "phvck off, we're not running Hyde up the middle 20 times."

Yes, I realize that. Just pointing out that the Chiefs record in playoff games at home sucks!
So throw out Mahomes’ stats during the regular season as well. They don’t matter
Nothing in the past matters. Mahomes & Watson will put up good numbers. They are both elite. It is a team game. The other guys need to make plays and the team that makes the biggest play will win.

Actually, I am ok running Hyde 20 times. Just not up the middle every time.

But I get what you are saying.
I agree. I am good with Hyde running 20 times. But make it some decent runs. Run outside some. Do some misdirection stuff. Try to fool the defense a bit. But nah, "let's run Carlos straight into the teeth of the defense so I can prove how tough of a coach I am."

I agree. I am good with Hyde running 20 times. But make it some decent runs. Run outside some. Do some misdirection stuff. Try to fool the defense a bit. But nah, "let's run Carlos straight into the teeth of the defense so I can prove how tough of a coach I am."

A little screen to Duke to start the game would be nice. Need to see him and Fells involved early and often

I am afraid OB is thinking that the Chiefs know that would work and will plan for it, so he is going to do the thing that won’t work because they haven’t planned for it.

Brilliant!

065cec54a73ad4f98688efd305468edb.jpg

Back