Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans @ Chiefs - 2nd Round (And Round 2)

• JAHLEEL ADDAEDB, HOUSTON TEXANS

Texans S Jahleel Addae (knee) has been ruled out for the Divisional Round against Kansas City.
    Addae's playing time had spiked since Tashaun Gipson landed on injured reserve. The Texans will now have to lean on declining veteran Mike Adams for major snaps against the Chiefs. It's not a good situation.
    SOURCE: Sarah Barshop on Twitter
    Jan 11, 2020, 2:31 PM ET

• JORDAN AKINSTE, HOUSTON TEXANS

Texans TE Jordan Akins (hamstring) has been ruled out for Sunday's Divisional Round game against the Chiefs.
    The second-year pro also missed the Wild Card Round. Akins caught 36 balls as a sophomore, five of which came in Week 17. His pass-catching threat will be missed against the Chiefs, but Akins is still just a role player, albeit one worth stashing in dynasty leagues.

One of the 5 games that Roby missed due to a hamstring earlier this year was the Chiefs game. He should be a significant factor on Sunday.
In my opinion Roby could actually be adding Millions to his next contract in this game. His missed two interceptions against Buffalo did not help him much but all eyes should be on him Sunday. hopefully he and Conley will put on a defensive highlite show.

Texans S Jahleel Addae (knee) has been ruled out for the Divisional Round against Kansas City.
    Addae's playing time had spiked since Tashaun Gipson landed on injured reserve. The Texans will now have to lean on declining veteran Mike Adams for major snaps against the Chiefs. It's not a good situation.

Texans TE Jordan Akins (hamstring) has been ruled out for Sunday's Divisional Round game against the Chiefs.
    The second-year pro also missed the Wild Card Round. Akins caught 36 balls as a sophomore, five of which came in Week 17. His pass-catching threat will be missed against the Chiefs, but Akins is still just a role player, albeit one worth stashing in dynasty leagues.

Lonnie Johnson Jr, come on down! You are the next contestant tasked with covering Travis Kelce! This is what you were drafted for!

WILL FULLERWR, HOUSTON TEXANS

The Houston Chronicle confirms Will Fuller (groin, questionable) will be active for the Divisional Round against the Chiefs.
Per reporter Aaron Wilson, Fuller has made "steady progress" since going down in Week 16 and "hasn't experienced any setbacks." For his part, Fuller admitted he is "still bothered" by his latest soft-tissue injury. Even if it's just in a decoy capacity, Fuller's presence will be huge as the Texans try to spring the road upset over the Chiefs.

I like Optmistic Texans concept of starting more aggressive and that’s my punch them hard first take.

Every body does. They do not come into a game thinking they will go down 14-0.

It happens. It's happened to us, again & again.

I would love for the Texans to have their slow starts figured out. Most likely they have not. 17 games in, slow starts seem to be the norm.

Hanging tough, overcoming mistake after mistake. Winning when you should have lost... 17 games later, it's what they do.

That's all I'm saying, hold your sht together. We're not going to score 48 points in the 4th qtr. If that's where we're at, that's where we're at.

But if we're within two scores outside of two minutes, trust... hope.. pray.

HC for KCity may have the better game plan. Mahommes may be able to implement that plan better than Watson can implement O'Brien's game plan. Watson magic is what he camcreate when the plan breaks down. The only QB that reminds me of this ability was John Elway and he was not as mobile as number 4. When the game is on the line if Elway had the ball he could create a win. That is Watson Magic.

In my opinion Roby could actually be adding Millions to his next contract in this game. His missed two interceptions against Buffalo did not help him much but all eyes should be on him Sunday. hopefully he and Conley will put on a defensive highlite show.

But... But ... according to UR they suck.

More crazy info:

This year we have gone -

L-W-W-L-W-W-L-W-W-L-W-W-L-W-

Following trends of L-W-W, we are guaranteed a win this week!

I decided a while back I wasn't going to cut my hair until we can win 3 in a row. It's getting pretty long bro check it out:

hot1_david_carr2.jpg

Any chance they would move Lonnie Johnson to safety? his snaps at corner had been reduced anyway.

WILL FULLERWR, HOUSTON TEXANS

The Houston Chronicle confirms Will Fuller (groin, questionable) will be active for the Divisional Round against the Chiefs.
Per reporter Aaron Wilson, Fuller has made "steady progress" since going down in Week 16 and "hasn't experienced any setbacks." For his part, Fuller admitted he is "still bothered" by his latest soft-tissue injury. Even if it's just in a decoy capacity, Fuller's presence will be huge as the Texans try to spring the road upset over the Chiefs.
Awesome news!

Starting safety? And take over who’s spot?
Mike Adams is next man up to start at Safety.

If you play Lonnie mostly vs Kelce you are going to be playing with 1 covering deep.

Not sure I’m comfortable with either option but RAC will have to come up with something.

ROOKIE S Thornhill big loss for KC. 5th rated safety and great in run support. Allowed HB to roam free & play different positions. KC played a lot of one deep safety. Not likely now. Hous should get some big plays open.

How did Kelce do last time we played?
Last time was then. 4-58.Not sure if he was doubled or not. This is now. Not the same team & rested.

Healthy Mahomes, Healthy Hill, Hardman just as fast, Watkins, Healthy Damien Williams....if you leave Kelce one on one the deep threats will open up the mid range lanes for Kelce. Hous pass defense is simply not very good. So yes Kelce one on one has a huge day.

Last edited:
Dont tell you? Cover him one on one and the results will be laughable. I doubt the Texans would be that stupid.

The last 6 qbs you played were

Rivers 2x (10 ints last 6 games) Brady (No WRS or RBs) Trubrisky (Mitch) Carr (Carr) Lock (rookie qb)

your defense is overrated.

The last 6 qbs you played were

Rivers 2x (10 ints last 6 games) Brady (No WRS or RBs) Trubrisky (Mitch) Carr (Carr) Lock (rookie qb)

your defense is overrated.
I do not disagree. Your defense is not overrated. It is clearly not very good and especially against the pass.

If you play Lonnie mostly vs Kelce you are going to be playing with 1 covering deep.

Remember last game when LonnieJ punked Kelce? Pushed his face in the dirt, Kelce jumped up looking for a flag. Then they call PI on LJ.

Then they reviewed it, concluded Kelce was a wineyB & reversed the call?

IF the Titans win, Id hate to be a Chiefs fan... as its clear the NFL wants the New vs the Old.

Waaaaait...... KC... Dallas Texans...... Houston...... Tenn.......

I....

I know kung fu...... Woah!

I told you titans could win. Ravens aren’t use to playing down from behind, let’s see what they’re made of. This is why logical fans would choose Watson over Lamar. Watson would win this game with the ravens offense. Lamar won’t

Remember last game when LonnieJ punked Kelce? Pushed his face in the dirt, Kelce jumped up looking for a flag. Then they call PI on LJ.

Then they reviewed it, concluded Kelce was a wineyB & reversed the call?
Living in the Past. Enjoy those memories. Still if you double Kelce then Hill and Hardman will burn that awful secondary. Pick your poisin. OH I know what about last game. HA HA HA

Hey all! Big day tomorrow. Hoping someone could help me out. I am looking for an extra ticket or 2 for the Playoff Watch Party tomorrow at The Rustic. Please let me know if you would be willing to part with one! I can be reached at 203-715-5264.

Best,
Dan

We had key players missing that game & were focused on the titans. (more important game) your defense will be exposed by Deshaun again
Sure. Yes Deshaun may lite it up and so will Mahomes. KC D is better than the Hous D so we shall see. It will be a battle.

IF the Titans win, Id hate to be a Chiefs fan... as its clear the NFL wants the New vs the Old.

Waaaaait...... KC... Dallas Texans...... Houston...... Tenn.......

I....

I know kung fu...... Woah!
What? KC would be delighted to host Tenn for the AFC Championship Game.

I told you titans could win. Ravens aren’t use to playing down from behind, let’s see what they’re made of. This is why logical fans would choose Watson over Lamar. Watson would win this game with the ravens offense. Lamar won’t
You are right. While it is kind of sad that being down 14-0 early is like another day at the office for Houston, we know for a fact we have the ability to fight back and win. We can win ugly games.

Back