Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans 2014 Training Camp

Why would someone give me Neg rep for this post? Who's Seegara?
I apologize. I was trying to give a pos rep, as you might can tell from the comment. By the way, how could you tell it was me? I didn't sign it.

Last edited:
Happened to me too. Got neg rep with a positive comment.

Who really gives a crap about the rep system.

I only give out positive reps. One time I made a mistake and gave a neg rep and I apologized and made up for it when I could. On the other hand I have received a few neg reps throughout the yrs. They make me laugh.

Speaking of TC, my unit has this thing were we can go to the eagles TC on the 28th. My question is, would it be wrong to take my 2011 division champs shirt and ask Barwin and Meco to sign it as well as Casey and Braman

Speaking of TC, my unit has this thing were we can go to the eagles TC on the 28th. My question is, would it be wrong to take my 2011 division champs shirt and ask Barwin and Meco to sign it as well as Casey and Braman

Na i dont think so, i mean they were on the team at that time. I doubt they would have a problem with it

I will be attending TC on the 13th and 14th. If you see a guy wearing a shirt that says "I Love My Johnson" with a picture commemorating Finnegan getting the business give me a shout.

I will probably be slightly drunk.

He doesn't do it in training camp. It will be 4th week in regular season.

That's two of us in the #Savage Future camp.

Everyone should jump in. The Battle Red Kool Aid is awesome!

UJDa52Q.jpg

brVvqvA.jpg

That's two of us in the #Savage Future camp.

Three of us.

I've been saying it since he was drafted; Fitz is just keeping his chair warm. It's up to Savage and how quickly he learns the offense as to when he takes over. I'm not expecting him to start Game 1 but I don't expect Fitz to last more than a handful of games.

Three of us.

I've been saying it since he was drafted; Fitz is just keeping his chair warm. It's up to Savage and how quickly he learns the offense as to when he takes over. I'm not expecting him to start Game 1 but I don't expect Fitz to last more than a handful of games.

Sooo you guys think we'll start out oh-fer or maybe 1-3 or 1-4... because that's the only reason - outside of injury of course - to swap out QBs. If we're 2-2 or better, why would O'Brien bench his hand-picked starter? Why would we want him to?

Sooo you guys think we'll start out oh-fer or maybe 1-3 or 1-4... because that's the only reason - outside of injury of course - to swap out QBs. If we're 2-2 or better, why would O'Brien bench his hand-picked starter? Why would we want him to?

O'Brien's hand picked starter is Savage. And I think we're not going to see great QB play out of Fitz and that's going to give O'Brien the opportunity to insert Savage.

I will not be surprised if we start off 0-4.

Who really gives a crap about the rep system.

I only give out positive reps. One time I made a mistake and gave a neg rep and I apologized and made up for it when I could. On the other hand I have received a few neg reps throughout the yrs. They make me laugh.

Not a fan of the neg rep option.

I think we will see a very strong running game early and if we can get it going then Savage will start a game or two sooner.

i really dont understand the taboo behind negative rep. i've given out a handful over the years if i feel a post is unnecessary - overly aggressive or degrading usually. it's not some atomic i hate everything you stand for, it's just saying that i take issue with this single post. i've made at least one post this past week that i could certainly see receiving a negative rep for, and that's fine. if someone feels i was unjust in one of the open forums, use the system to say my post was poor. besides, the rep count overall is so high that it has no real reflection for posters.

what i do find funny though is that the few times i give them out i usually get an "oh yeah?!" and they find a random post of mine to return the favor. i guess we never grow out of who's rubber and who's glue.

edit: being colorblind i didnt even notice until i looked for it, but i did get one recently, and i know why - and it's not the end of the world.

I apologize. I was trying to give a pos rep, as you might can tell from the comment. By the way, how could you tell it was me? I didn't sign it.

Look at user CP even if you dont write anything it shows who and when some gives you good or bad rep along with their user name beside it.

I only use it in extremely rare instances: people I think are spammers, the occasional troll, guys who've gone totally out of control like the guy who went ballistic about the Duane Brown pick and I only neg repped him because he went on and on and on about it.

And I don't neg rep anyone if they've neg repped me.

Next week should be an awesome week/weekend for me. I'm going on a mini vacation, Texans TC begins and most importantly, my boy's coming home on leave for a few days.

Unfortunately, there's a very good chance he'll be going back to the middle east in the next couple months.

BUT, I'll have him here for almost a week. I'll take it!!!

My son is going back about than as well. Your son wouldn't be in the 101st Airborne, would he?

Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock
Saturday, August 2nd: Former #Texans GM, Charley Casserly returns to Houston to cover training camp for the NFL Network.

Tuesday, July 29th: Willie McGinest & Molly Qerim will be out at Houston #Texans training camp with coverage for the NFL Network.

Molly! :doot:

Some good news for the Texans, rookie DE Jeoffrey Pagan wasn't listed on the PUP list and neither was Clowney. Finally healthy, right on time for camp.

Some good news for the Texans, rookie DE Jeoffrey Pagan wasn't listed on the PUP list and neither was Clowney. Finally healthy, right on time for camp.

That's two doses of great news ! JD ready to go which is a bit surprising, but good deal. And Pagan ready to, that's a real bonus !
I wonder how much the loss of the young ILB Lee @ Dallas for the season because of blowing out a knee in OTAs might have influenced the Texans' decision to continue to withhold Cushing from practice ?

JD ready to go which is a bit surprising, but good deal...
Not on PUP, but may be limited to start TC. Wait & see mode.

I wonder how much the loss of the young ILB Lee @ Dallas for the season because of blowing out a knee in OTAs might have influenced the Texans' decision to continue to withhold Cushing from practice ?
Cushing's injury is what's holding him out. Dr CND has detailed it in the Cushing thread:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104119

Deepi Sidhu @DeepSlant
Set your DVRs, ESPN2 is airing a special on Jadeveon Clowney @clownejd tonight at 6:30 pm CT. #Texans

Last edited:
On Aug 9 we get our first pre-season game, which is just a tad over two weeks from now. We're getting close!

I can't wait to see them in action again. I just a sucker for punishment I guess. :lol:

There's the Belichick influence...

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
#Texans just released their media schedule for the week. Change from last season: afternoon sessions are closed to media.
:kitten:

Houston Texans Training Camp presented by XFINITY is just two days away, ladies and gentlemen. As the team gears up for grueling two-a-days in the Houston heat, there are a few things fans can prepare for, as well.

The Texans have seven workouts open to the general public, including two joint practices with preseason opponent the Atlanta Falcons on Aug. 13-14. Tickets, which are now sold out, were free of charge and downloadable on a first come-first serve basis.

The following are some fun-filled activites fans have to look forward to over the next three weeks:

• TORO’s Kids Club Kids Zone presented by Kroger - Interactive games; inflatables.
• Live Band for six days (07/26 Saturday, 07/27 Sunday, 08/01 Friday, 08/02 Saturday, 08/13 Wednesday, 08/14 Thursday).
• Cheerleader Calendar on-sale and ALL Calendar Girls will be available to sign autographs.
• The Cheerleader Calendar Girls will be signing on 07/26 and 08/02.
• TORO and Texans Ambassadors autographs available.
• Before and after each workout players will walk to and from practice, autographs may be available pending the team schedule (not guaranteed).
• Merchandise for sale in a larger retail store.
• Concessions available for sale in addition to three food trucks and an ice cream truck that will be on location for each practice.
• Two Cool Zones to beat the heat.​

DATES AND TIMES:
Gates open at 7:00AM
Saturday, July 26th – 8:00-10:30 AM
Sunday, July 27th – 8:30-11:00 AM
Wednesday, July 30th – 8:00-10:30AM - YOUTH DAY presented by Academy
Friday, August 1st – 8:00-10:30 AM
Saturday, August 2nd – 8:00-10:30 AM
Wednesday, August 13th – 8:00-10:30 AM
Thursday, August 14th – 8:00-10:30 AM

As a reminder, bags will be searched upon entry and NFL clear bag policy will be applied.
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...ing-Camp/0df4b12a-afa6-484e-ae87-d4d51007ef12

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock
9 players on #Texans current roster were 1st round draft picks, 8 of those were selected by Houston (Joseph - Cincy)

#Texans have a lot of good info in their Training Camp release. They list the Texans' 90 man roster w/ an average age of 25 yrs 3 months, 12 days

FWIW, #Texans list Brooks Reed as an OLB.

#Texans list 5 players as NTs: Jerrell Powe, Louis Nix III, David Hunter, Ricardo Mathews, and Austin Brown

#Texans have 4 picks from their 2008-2010 drafts that are on the 90 man roster. (Duane Brown, Brian Cushing, Kareem Jackson, Garrett Graham)

Only 1 player is on the #Texans roster, who joined the team before 2008. (Andre Johnson)

Safeties are divided up as: (FS) Kendrick Lewis, Jawanza Starling, Shiloh Keo. (SS) DJ Swearinger, Eddie Pleasant. (S) Clemons, Ballentine

Last edited:
BtZv0K4CYAEY2AV.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtZv0K4CYAEY2AV.jpg

The atmosphere here is more positive than maybe it has ever been.

On Bill O'Brien: I like him.

Johnson says his concerns were never about the QB situation. Actually chuckled to himself at all the stories that circulated this offseason.

AdamWexlerCSN ‏@awexler
"I like him. I thought he was straight up with me. Told me his plans. The more we talked the more comfortable we got," Johnson on O'Brien

"I've never really voiced my opinion on things, but there comes a time when you don't agree on things, something needs to be said," Johnson

"The way he explained it to me, it's gonna be a lot of fun. It will be a challenge for me (to get caught up), but fun." Johnson on O'Brien

"Since he became the head coach, we've had great dialogue, phone conversations, etc." - Johnson on O'Brien (1 of 2)

"I don't plan on walking away from this. We talked about things. I'm comfortable with things." - Andre Johnson #Texans.

"This was the first time I've been away from my team for as long as I have," - Andre Johnson #Texans

Dale Robertson ‏@sportywineguy
Dre on QB situation: It's not about that. I had bigger concerns. All that happened doesn't matter (now). I'm here. That's all that matters.

Says conversations with O'Brien were "very meaningful." Said they first met at a Rockets game. More we talked, more comfortable we got."

'Dre: Nothing said that was "negative to my face. Friends understood how I felt." Admits Houston "is my home now."

'Dre says in phone conversations with O'Brien: "We've had great dialogue." New offense "will be a challenge."

More 'Dre: "I feel comfortable. I want to play football."

"Everybody was excited to see me and I was just as excited to seem them."

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
McNair, O'Brien and QB coach George Godsey met with Johnson last Friday. McNair also spoke with Johnson on the telephone.

McNair told Johnson he'll be with the Texans for the next few years and expects him to be the first Texan in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Johnson says he plans to finish his career with the Texans. Bob McNair told him he wants him to finish his career as a Texan.

Johnson on teammates: "I was just as excited to see them as they were to see me.This is the first time I’ve been away from my team."

Andre Johnson said he had an ongoing dialogue with Bill O'Brien on the "telephone. I'll work my butt off to get ready like I always do."

Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant
Johnson on finishing his career with #Texans: "That's my plan."

:logo:

Last edited:
Brooks Reed is notably impressed with Max Bullough... you could hear his voice lift when asked and he was very complimentary of Bollough.

BtZ7J2SIIAAt9QW.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtZ7J2SIIAAt9QW.png

Brian T. Smith @ChronBrianSmith
Fitzpatrick's humor: Reporter recounts his red-zone stats with #Titans; Fitz - "That's good to hear."

Dale Robertson @sportywineguy
Fitzy said he didn't focus a lot on 'Dre's "holdout." He had enough to worry about himself.

Fitzy was very effective in the red zone last year, throwing 8 TDs with no ints. He said there's "no room for indecision" down there.

Fitzy: "I've got to be myself and not try to be somebody I'm not . . . be the guy" who sets the right example.

Fitzy: "We'll get on the same page pretty quick."

Ryan Fitzpatrick: "(Johnson) will be a great leader for us this season." He said there's plenty of time to get 'Dre caught up w/offense.
Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
Ryan Fitzpatrick on Andre:"haven't thrown to him.I've seen a lot of tape on him. I think we'll be able to get on the same page pretty quick"
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Ryan Fitzpatrick reveals that the entire team is staying in a hotel this year during camp. #Texans
Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
"He looks natural at the position."- Brooks Reed on rookie LB Max Bullough from @MSU_Football.
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Max Bullough is an undrafted rookie I think could make the #Texans. And Brooks Reed just raved about him. "Max is an awesome player."

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Brooks Reed said he could play both OLB and ILB in the same game. Said it was difficult to learn both at first but enjoyed challenge.
Reed says knowing both inside and outside LB "was difficult at first." Playing inside requires knowing "where everybody else is."

Reed says he stayed in Houston to work out "instead of going home like last year." He tried a few "new spots" around the city.

Reed: "I'm more familiar playing outside. I enjoy setting the edge." Says inside is more of an unknown." We haven't put the pads on yet."

Brooks Reed on where he'll start practicing: "It's up to the coaches. I've been doing inside whole OTAs. But I'm comfortable playing both."
Graham says Texans have "a good group of tight ends." They're "very comfortable" with Ryan Fitzpatrick, all the quarterbacks."
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
TE Garrett Graham says the formations he’ll be lining up in is the biggest difference from last year. Will be moved around a lot. #Texans
Jackson says the "biggest thing is everybody buying into the (new offense and defense). It's like starting a new job."

Jackson said his "main objective is to just get in and "work hard" as he enters the final year of his contract.

Kareem Jackson calls 'Dre "a big piece on the puzzle. It's a major thing to have everyone here on the same page."
BtZx3BOCUAAQp36.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtZx3BOCUAAQp36.jpg
Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith
Duane Brown's at 322 now. Was about 20 pounds lighter last season. Joked he liked the way he looked but sacrificed strength. #Texans

Asked how Texans are better, Brown says "we haven't done anything yet."

Brown: "We're buying into (what O'Brien is preaching)."

Brown says Texans "can do whatever they set their minds on doing. We're not looking at playoffs. We're looking at training camp."

Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant
Brown says o-line coach Paul Dunn is a big technique guy. Harps on it daily. Brown says it's helped him a lot with his own technique.#Texans

AdamWexlerCSN ‏@awexler
"There a sense of urgency here. We all want to win here. We're not forgetting the past. We don't want that feeling again," - Duane Brown

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Duane Brown said he'd never seen a player get a standing ovation as Andre Johnson did before the team meeting this morning.
BtZzu31CYAAU3W4.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtZzu31CYAAU3W4.jpg
James Palmer @JPalmerCSN
J.J. Watt said this 4 week break was his favorite offseason span he’s ever had. Went back home to Wisconsin and hangout with family.

J.J. Watt now talking. Doesn’t want to make a big deal about Andre Johnson coming back. But said it’s great to have him back.
JJ "Trying to be a leader for the young guys."

JJ went back to Wisconsin where he "didn't do a whole lot" except work out and hang with family and friends."

JJ says he's not re-energized because he's always energized. Good answer.

JJ on mood of Texans: "Anytime change staff obviously going to be things that change. This is good coaching staff."

Last edited:
So, the 2014 season officially begins tomorrow.

I know that football is year-round these days; still, that first day of camp gives me that high-pro football glow again. It goes so fast from here.

Now I can quit hanging around those knitting circle and encephalitis forums, and hang with the big dogs once more.

steelb,

Does this sooth your 0line concerns at all?

Brown says o-line coach Paul Dunn is a big technique guy. Harps on it daily. Brown says it's helped him a lot with his own technique.#Texans

Dunn did a fairly good job in Atlanta when he had some tools to work with.

It sure would be nice to see the Texans on ESPN or the NFL Network instead of wall to wall coverage of Manziel. I'm officially sick to death of that douche bag.

Any word on Texans TC today?

First Look: Highlights Day 1: http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-med...ts-Day-1/da1e6daa-84a0-4024-a68c-1b5d6732f866

Dave Zangaro @DZangaro
Jeoffrey Pagan missed all of spring but the rookie is here practicing today. Looks to be in pretty good shape.

Keshawn Martin needed to get stretched out after going down on sideline. Walking into bubble. Might just be cramping.

Really nice catch by Alfred Blue. Nice extension.

Cody White and Alan Bonner were carted back to NRG after walking of on own power. #Texans

Andre Brown walks into the bubble too. It is warm out here.

Kendrick Lewis just walked off the field into the bubble. Not sure why.

Texans now running ball security drill, I'm which two defensive players try to strip the ball from an offensive player on the run.

Mike Thomas, Keshawn Martin, DeVier Posey among the group back to catch punts.

Cody White goes down. Hops off field not putting pressure on right foot.

AJ Bouye has had a nice start to today. Undrafted kid from last year but can play.

Andre just caught a pass in team portion and got a big cheer from crowd.

Ben Jones got first reps at LG. He's the veteran battling for that spot with rookie Xavier Su'a-Filo.

Johnathan Joseph is out here lining up in this team drill. #Texans

Newly signed Tyson Clabo is out here participating. He's wearing 69. #Texans

Clowney just took his first drill rep of training camp. Might not be 100 percent but he's healthy enough to participate.
Seth Payne ‏@PayneNFL
Su'a-Filo got a good dose of J.J. Ended up blocking air. Live and learn, young Cal Bear.
Tania Ganguli @taniaganguli
Couple plays ago, offense took too long to set and O'Brien had all the skill players sprint to the sideline and back. #Texans
Brian T. Smith @ChronBrianSmith
Bill O'Brien going to town with the letter F. #Texans

Fun: #Texans run trick play on field goal attempt. Keenum holds, rolls out. Lofts pass to the legendary Ben Jones. Drop in end zone. Sigh.

Swearinger limps off. Martin's back on field. ... Many players adjusting to heat.
DeVier Posey walks off. #Texans

Sharp day for Hopkins, who receives a low-five from O'Brien. #Texans

Clowney's been active entire practice. #Texans
James Palmer @JPalmerCSN
Texans running sprints to close out practice. Vrabel running sprints with the team.

Andre Johnson with a catch from Ryan Fitzpatrick in 7v7. Fitz had never thrown a ball to Dre before today. #texanstrainingcamp

Alfred Blue with a nice diving catch on an out pattern in 7-7z

As special teams work, Arian Foster and Andre Johnson are working with QBs on other field.

#Texans GM Rick Smith talking to Alan Bonner as he sits on trainers table with trainers.

WR Alan Bonner limping considerably after running route. Grabbing right foot. Walking off with trainers. Bonner competing for slot spot.

Andre Johnson just caught a pass during 11-11 walk through. Big cheer from crowd.

Just saw something u didn't see all spring, Andre Johnson going against Johnathan Joseph. Dre was holding out, Joseph out bc of toe surgery.

#Texans training camp day 1 is much more rock concert than football practice. Bet O'Brien loves it. #sarcasm
BteXSLuCEAEu3e0.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BteXSLuCEAEu3e0.jpg
PDS @PatDStat
Clabo slow in his pass sets. Have to see if that gets better as camp moves ahead. #Texans

Clear work to be done by Tom Savage to move up the depth chart. Will see how he responds day 2. #Texans

Brooks Reed worked primarily on the edge today. Will wait and see how this plays out when Sapp returns. #Texans

O'Brien intensity level is much higher than what it was during OTAs and minicamp. Not messing around. #Texans

Bullock shanks one wide left. Keenum already saying it was his fault with a bad hold. #Texans

Ben Jones drops a pass in the endzone from Keenum. Kicking team practicing fire drill. #Texans

Clabo trying to knock the rust off his layoff. Beat by Brooks Reed around the edge. #Texans

Pagan with an interception on a tipped pass by Hazel from Keenum. #Texans

Ankrah tips a pass from Keenum but it is still completed to Martin.

Swearinger cramping up now. Texas heat x 6.#Texans

Keshawn Martin returns to practice. #Texans

Vrabel sprints down field to beat the defense to the next drill. #Texans

O'Brien makes a select group of offensive players run to sideline and back for a mistake.#Texans

Case Keenum throwing some nice passes around the field. Hits Lemon in front of Mack before stepping out of bounds. #Texans

Ben Jones taking a lap for something. #Texans

Case Keenum with a nice ball to a crossing Nwachukwu. #Texans

Kendrick Lewis has returned to practice. #Texans

Hopkins with a nice catch with Harris all over him. #Texans

Andre Brown has returned to practice. #Texans

Lonnie Ballentine with a pass breakup. #Texans

Biggie Smalls blasting the speakers right now. Heat x 4 #Texans

Andre Johnson's opens up second portion of 7 on 7s with a catch in stride from Fitz. #Texans

Really impressed with Fitz today. Getting the ball out in a hurry and taking control of the huddle. #Texans

Savage looks uneasy today. Trying to do too much. Looked better in OTAs and minicamp. #Texans

Don't know how Mike Thomas is doing it but dressed in long sleeves, tights and dark uniform and not slowing down. Solid day today. #Texans

Andre Johnson doing plenty of side work with the quarterbacks trying to learn the offense. #Texans

Texas heat and humidity winning day one of camp. #Texans

Savage with a duck intended for Blue. #Texans

Victorian picks off Tom savage's first 7 on 7 pass. #Texans

Bouye with a nice breakup on a pass intended for Posey. #Texans

Max Bullough struggling some in coverage. Fiedorowicz and Brown with back to back receptions on him. #Texans

Hopkins with a good catch in the middle of field on Harris. #Texans

Fitz with a nice timing route with Hopkins. Fitz getting rid of the ball quick today. #Texans

Posey with a nice catch shielding Harris. #Texans

#Texans running 7 on 7s now. #Texans

Good seeing Jeoffrey Pagan out on the field. Missed all of OTAs and mini camps rehabbing from offseason surgery. #Texans

Keo picks off Case Keenum on a tipped pass. #Texans

Labhart with a nice catch with Clemons all over him. #Texans

Bouye with nice coverage earlier dropped the interception. #Texans

#Texans going one on one drills now. Posey with a nice catch on a deep ball from Fitz.

O'Brien working with QBs and Wide receivers at the moment with Hixon and Godsey.. #Texans
Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant
Morning practice wrapping up now. O'Brien runs a tough 2.5 hour practice outside and ends with players running 20-yard drills. #Texans

BteJJYoCIAAWHJT.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BteJJYoCIAAWHJT.jpg
O'Brien greeting Johnny Manziel

Last edited:
Back