Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Takeaways from the Broncos game.

Watson provided the only exciting plays yesterday but he was all over the place - without checking out the ALL 22 and watching the routes develop I wonder what the hell was going on in the intermediate passing game - it feels like we were back to the OBrien EP - you guys can even go back to the TD to Hopkins for an example of a typical OBrien route deployment. It was successful yes due to the defensive lapse, but look at the 3 streaking guys .. how long before they even look back for the ball? you telling me you need to help out our shiny, new "all pro" LT with max protect to his side? Coutee is trash. Why cant Stills play Fullers role? Whats so hard about running fast down the field and keeping the D honest? What happened to Duke Johnson in the passing game? "Deshaun holds the ball forever" -- yup. Tell the receivers to make their breaks quicker. Add a drag. Where was the presnap motion? Hardly any of what we saw last week.

Coaches also looked past Denver, they didnt think that a rookie QB would come in there and do that to them. Until this team implements true layer passing consistently, defenses will always be able to pressure Deshaun and force the team out of sync and it goes way deeper than the surface level "Deshaun cant read a defense" .. a hyper attacking D is crushing the very tenet of what the "OBrien EP" wants to do - long developing, deep passing. Saying "there is a guy open" out of 5 is not saying much, because the progression in the scheme has Deshaun looking downfield first (or his own HERO BALL), well its up to coaching to say at the meetings "this week we want to attack Denvers flanks, with methodical mid level passing and the RB flats/screens" whatever ... what do you think could have been the approach yesterday? HOw often do we see OBrien/Watson meetings on the sideline? Its almost like we're starting to see some cracks in the foundation so to speak by the body language of everyone involved during the game and during the post game press conferences.

KJAX was the XFactor - he knew exactly where OBrien/Watson would go with the ball and he showed up to the ball full of piss and vinegar - he versed his new team well and they kicked our ass all over the field. Where the hell was Roby? Didnt he want to "show up his old team" especially versus a ROOKIE QB?? These guys should have been licking their chops, instead they were left licking their wounds. KJAX >>>>>> Roby. We picked the wrong guy. Again.

Watson was bad. He took some unnecessary hits, didnt see the field well. going through the motions. He was still our best player on the field. If you take away the 7 points OBrien gave away right before the half (already questionable to go for it there, and then compound that by calling a pass play??? ouch), and the "is he down" KJAX lateral return TD then it becomes a coin flip game. Coulda, shoulda, woulda. I was so excited too, I saw some wrinkles at the beginning of the game that were really good implementations, but it went all for not because most of the team was just staring at butterflies all afternoon.

Distressing part is that starting off slow is not relegated to these types of games. Starting off slow is almost the OBrien hallmark and what his "offense" is known for. If designing great plays isnt his job, and the players execution is not his job, then surely getting them ready to play IS HIS JOB right? This team looked like a team that was rolling over on a lame duck coach.

As far as jumping on Crennel, he's doing the best he can with the assortment of JAGS he's been given. Who the hell on that side of the ball is a difference maker? Seriously, I get being mad over running cushioned coverages, but what would you guys like better, giving up deep TD after deep TD because these "great new CBs" we just acquired arent really all that great? #potential. Denver has solid receivers and when that happens our 1st round defensive backs tend to struggle. Another game, another TE lights up the D. So much for having a "TE Whisperer" ... it was 21-0 real fast and the defense was reeling, yet the offense couldnt stop some of that momentum, couldnt help their "scrappy, bend but dont break" defense when they have all the talent on their side of the ball.

Enough blame to go around.

Feels like the Tacks are just going to trounce us and make us look like fools, so surely we will win by 21. Thats the MO of this team, and some of my longtime PSL friends are already talking about "hating the 2 game playoff invoice" with this squad. Sad state of affairs when all hope is lost knowing precisely what your limitations are.

I came here this morning expecting excuses for WatJICson's poor game. Thanks for not disappointing me.

I understand DW didn't have a good game. But I don't understand why you're singling out the QB? It was a total disaster for the whole squad. Even if Watson had a good game, we're still losing because the defense had no answer for Drew Lock. The Broncos offense was doing whatever they wanted.

The entire team was unprepared and that falls on BOB.

WatJICson shouldn't get a pass though. He was terrible yesterday.

No matter how many times you repeat this. If a defense shows up in one of the three games and allows five plays of 25 yards or more. Five consecutive scoring drives and 31 points to any team, you are not winning 3 games in a row. Regardless of QB play.
I believe its not a Jekyll and Hyde thing with Watson but it’s close. Watson either has to play like one of the best QB’s in the NFL or the Texans lose. And too often Watson has played like a bottom half of the league QB this season and that’s simply not good enough.

Watson’s inconsistency’s are too glaring to not take notice. On any given game he can play like the worst QB in the league. I don’t trust him anymore, especially against a lesser opponent.

The defense I expected to see all season showed up yesterday. So no surprises there. And actually the poor secondary play has been pretty much insulated from criticism this year because of the record and the low expectations for them. But make no mistake about it, there are big issues back there that will get bigger next year. Which all goes back to the piss poor management and planning of the Texans. Every move they made since Gaine was fired was reactionary to desperate situations that could have easily been avoided.

Anyway, I’m glad the Texans got pummeled yesterday. If it needs to happen again in order to shake things up, I’m all for it. Ownership needs to wake up.

2 yrs without the Anvil that was RS.

2 yrs dude/2 yrs and I would say the Texans have made great progress in the last 2 yrs. Sorry the team isn't ready to win a SB this yr and wont be until they get more consistent QB play. Pats game was a sign of progress, Broncos game was a step back. QB play has to get better consistently or there will be no Lombardi on Kirby. Can this happen, yes. Will it happen? Who knows, so far it hasn't.
I think Watson can improve, but I don't think the major problem was QB play. The major problem was the defense could stop the other team. This wasn't helped by some bad luck early in the game that helped put us into and early hole.

I am beginning to think it's time for a new defensive coordinator. The defense gives receivers too much cushion and play way too conservatively. I am tired of seeing the defense get beat by a receiver that no one is covering.

I have to give the rookie QB credit. Our defense didn't play well, but part of that was he did play extremely well. I think this kid may have a future in this league.

After the NE games, I was hoping this team had turned the corner, but this game proves they are still too inconsistent. I think there is plenty of blame to spread around. Not confident at all that this team can do anything in the playoffs, I hope they prove us all wrong, though.

I think Watson can improve, but I don't think the major problem was QB play. The major problem was the defense could stop the other team. This wasn't helped by some bad luck early in the game that helped put us into and early hole.

I am beginning to think it's time for a new defensive coordinator. The defense gives receivers too much cushion and play way too conservatively. I am tired of seeing the defense get beat by a receiver that no one is covering.

I have to give the rookie QB credit. Our defense didn't play well, but part of that was he did play extremely well. I think this kid may have a future in this league.

After the NE games, I was hoping this team had turned the corner, but this game proves they are still too inconsistent. I think there is plenty of blame to spread around. Not confident at all that this team can do anything in the playoffs, I hope they prove us all wrong, though.

The team was unprepared.

The fact that a rookie QB making his 2nd start did that to the defense has to be concerning. That and Lock far outplaying Watson.

There's a pattern here that just seems too weird. L W W L W W L W W L W W L If this continues, we will win the next two and drop the last one to the Titans at home to end the season. That puts us at 10-6. Might get into the playoff as the wildcard if the Titans beat the Saints in two weeks. Though I seriously doubt it.

However, if the pattern holds into the playoffs, then we win the wildcard round and divisional round and lose in the AFC Championship Game.

I really miss the feeling we had the last year of putting those 9 wins together. Dropping this game to the Broncos was right with the pattern, but what the holy F is wrong with the coaching staff and players that they can't beat a losing team at home?

There's a pattern here that just seems too weird. L W W L W W L W W L W W L If this continues, we will win the next two and drop the last one to the Titans at home to end the season. That puts us at 10-6. Might get into the playoff as the wildcard if the Titans beat the Saints in two weeks. Though I seriously doubt it.

However, if the pattern holds into the playoffs, then we win the wildcard round and divisional round and lose in the AFC Championship Game.

I really miss the feeling we had the last year of putting those 9 wins together. Dropping this game to the Broncos was right with the pattern, but what the holy F is wrong with the coaching staff and players that they can't beat a losing team at home?

The trend is Watson hasn't played well 3 games in a row against top defenses.

LMAO "at the trend is Watson blah blah blah" when he just dismantled the #1 defense last week.

tenor.gif

Watson has been inconsistent this year. If you care to dispute this, feel free to present your objective evidence to support the opposite.

I dont need to dispute it, all you need to to do is look at film, and then look at the metrics. If you want an opinion, I can give you that, but you making a blanket statement of "Watson has been inconsistent" just neatly presents your argument based on the sheer amount of possible variations in analyzing and presenting the facts.

I could just as easily say that ALL NFL QBs are inconsistent right? So what are the grounds for the argument, if the stats say WAtson is a top 5-10 QB, and the eye test validates that, then all we are doing is arguing semantics and aesthetic value to what we independently feel the QB position SHOULD do and where Deshuan lies in the Glory or Guilt totem (he ranks pretty high BTW).

I can agree with you in saying Deshaun Watson has been inconsistent, but that still doesnt mean he's not a top flight QB, all I could do with that is extrapolate a "whataboutism" argument on what he could look like in a modern, proficient offense. One step at a time.

I've already said Deshaun had a bad game yesterday .. multiple times. Guess what? He's going to have more bad games. All QBs do. Ask yourself this .. does the good outweigh the bad? It really is that simple.

Watson has been inconsistent this year. If you care to dispute this, feel free to present your objective evidence to support the opposite.
Agreed. I haven't dug into it deeply, but from memory, he seems to be fairly consistent within games (good or bad), but varies from game-to-game. It's as if when things don't get off on the right foot he's unable to adjust. Hopefully this is down to inexperience and not something more fundemental.

Something needs to be done about Tunsil and all the false starts. I have it! Let him call the snap count. That duty doesn't have to be on the QB.
That may be on the OC and OL coach. Hopefully the HC will step in and fix it. :winky:

Well we can add one more game to the Hall of Shame under O'Brien.

2015: Falcons 42-0 3rd QTR
2015: Dolphins 41-0 at half
2015: Chiefs 30-0 Final
2017: Jaguars 45-7 Final
2017: Steelers 27-0 3rd QTR
2019: Ravens 34-0 4th QTR
2019: Broncos 38-3 3rd QTR

The sad thing is no matter who we were playing or what their record was this was a big game with all kinds of playoff implications.

Division
Ravens 11-2
Patriots 10-3
Chiefs 9-4
Texans 8-5
Titans 8-5

Wildcard
Bills 9-4
Steelers 8-5

As it stands it is entirely possible that the Texans miss the playoff completely. And if we do it will come down to us being destroyed by a 4-8 team when it really mattered.

Something needs to be done about Tunsil and all the false starts. I have it! Let him call the snap count. That duty doesn't have to be on the QB.

Tunsil, by far, leads the league in false starts. 12!!! The next closest is at 6! I have no clue what is going on here.

He finished 11th last season, but that was with only 4. The year before he was 2nd overall in false starts with 8.

Oddly, his best season was his rookie season where he only got 1!?

So it looks like he's always had a problem with false starts, but took it to another level with the Texans. These false starts are huge! If we want to be a dink & dunk offense, which alot of people are clamoring for, then execution has to be close to perfect and we absolutely CAN'T have negative plays. On the first drive of the game, we were moving the ball well. It was 3&5 at the DEN 37. Tunsil's false start then made it a more difficult 3&10, not to mention also got us out of field goal range.

The defense looked like they didn't know what was going on. I mean guys were WIDE OPEN for way too many of Lock's passes. After the Coutee fumble, i knew we were in trouble & i can see why that guy ain't seeing the field anymore. You could argue that Coutee has cost us 2 games this year with drops and fumbles.

i think had the game not gotten out of hand so quickly due to the defense, the offense may have been able to stay within the gameplan. Seems like DW4's kryptonite is WFV. If that dude is out of the lineup, the offense struggles mightly. When he's in we look like world beaters on offense. Our record doesn't really reflect it due to 2017, but DW4's game is unrecognizable when Fuller's not out there.

Tunsil, by far, leads the league in false starts. 12!!! The next closest is at 6! I have no clue what is going on here.

He finished 11th last season, but that was with only 4. The year before he was 2nd overall in false starts with 8.

So it looks like he's always had a problem with false starts, but took it to another level with the Texans. These false starts are huge! If we want to be a dink & dunk offense, which alot of people are clamoring for, then execution has to be close to perfect and we absolutely CAN'T have negative plays. On the first drive of the game, we were moving the ball well. It was 3&5 at the DEN 37. Tunsil's false start then made it a more difficult 3&10, not to mention also got us out of field goal range.

That happened twice with him yesterday where a false start effectively killed a drive for us & it could've happened at least 1 other time i saw too. He has a bad habit of rocking out of his stance.

2 yrs without the Anvil that was RS.

2 yrs dude/2 yrs and I would say the Texans have made great progress in the last 2 yrs. Sorry the team isn't ready to win a SB this yr and wont be until they get more consistent QB play. Pats game was a sign of progress, Broncos game was a step back. QB play has to get better consistently or there will be no Lombardi on Kirby. Can this happen, yes. Will it happen? Who knows, so far it hasn't.
Just stop it. OB SUCKS!!! Period!! Rick Smith had nothing to do with his horrible playcalling with his piss poor game management with us even worse player management. He’s a total piece of **** and he needs to be gone or this team will never win anything he’s not a good coach face it that’s a fact.

Oh and NE is 2 and 3 in its last 5 games. Those two wins were against two **** teams who’ve both lost three ina row now. So no beating New England was not a step forward. It was just another **** win that looked better than it really was. This team is trash and it’s that way because it’s a direct reflection of his head coach.

Their soft, complacent and lack focus. Just like OB.

Agreed. I haven't dug into it deeply, but from memory, he seems to be fairly consistent within games (good or bad), but varies from game-to-game. It's as if when things don't get off on the right foot he's unable to adjust. Hopefully this is down to inexperience and not something more fundemental.

I'm just glad posters are beginning to realize how inconsisten WatJIC has really been. When he's on he's the top WB in the NFL. When he's off he's in the Trubisky family of QB's and that's no way to win a SB.

Just stop it. OB SUCKS!!! Period!! Rick Smith had nothing to do with his horrible playcalling with his piss poor game management with us even worse player management. He’s a total piece of **** and he needs to be gone or this team will never win anything he’s not a good coach face it that’s a fact.

Oh and NE is 2 and 3 in its last 5 games. Those two wins were against two **** teams who’ve both lost three ina row now. So no beating New England was not a step forward. It was just another **** win that looked better than it really was. This team is trash and it’s that way because it’s a direct reflection of his head coach.

Their soft, complacent and lack focus. Just like OB.

So you dont agree the team has made progress the last 2 yrs?

Like I said this is yr 2 of a 3 yr replay. Reason: this is the yr WatJICson is gaining experience. Nothing has changed this timeframe. I just hope WatJIC isn't another Moon. A new HC cant fix that.

Funny how I missed you posting this last week.

So you dont agree the team has made progress the last 2 yrs?

Like I said this is yr 2 of a 3 yr replay. Reason: this is the yr WatJICson is gaining experience. Nothing has changed this timeframe. I just hope WatJIC isn't another Moon. A new HC cant fix that.

Funny how I missed you posting this last week.

No?

We are on pace for a worse record compared to last season. I think the offense has looked better, but the defense has taken a step back.

The history makes you think it's a hearing problem.

No?

We are on pace for a worse record compared to last season. I think the offense has looked better, but the defense has taken a step back.

A big part of why I said this was a 3 yr rebuild in the beginning. WatJICson needs to get some more experience and talent needs to be added on the defensive side of he ball. Edge/Coverage LB needs to be at the top of the list of needs.

They also need a really fast WR to be the WFV injury replacement and move Stills full time into the slot. Coutee needs to be replaced.

They also could use OL depth and a young RB.

Good news is this is a deep draft on the offensive side of the ball.

The trend is Watson hasn't played well 3 games in a row against top defenses.
No the trend is for the last six years this team has been mediocre because of a mediocre coach. It’s time to bring in a new coach and reprogram this teams mentality. No matter how much It bothers you that people aren’t critical enough of Watson it isn’t going to change the fact that O’Brien is a piece of **** of a coach.

@PatDStat: “It wasn’t horseshit on offense.” Bill O’Brien. #Texans

@PatDStat: @PoliticalLM It’s clear that he doesn’t think the O was the issue yesterday. Someone tried to throw the line under the bus.

No the trend is for the last six years this team has been mediocre because of a mediocre coach. It’s time to bring in a new coach and reprogram this teams mentality. No matter how much It bothers you that people aren’t critical enough of Watson it isn’t going to change the fact that O’Brien is a piece of **** of a coach.

Agree to disagree

BOB is a good not great HC, hardly a POS HC.

We just have different views on how this franchise has gotten where it is today and how/how long it will take to fix these issues. Remember we all want the same thing. Well some of us do.

I understand DW didn't have a good game. But I don't understand why you're singling out the QB? It was a total disaster for the whole squad. Even if Watson had a good game, we're still losing because the defense had no answer for Drew Lock. The Broncos offense was doing whatever they wanted.
You've got to stay with the narrative with Steel B. He is exceedingly consistent at staying on script.

TBH, I would have went into that game with the same defensive game plan. I would have ran alot of blitzes and zone coverage. I give credit to the Broncos, it seemed like they prepped Lock well for this.

My biggest defensive concerns are:
  • Lapses. Too many times guys were simply went uncovered. That's never the defensive gameplan, someone executed incorrectly.
  • Secondary can't tackle. We got better cover guys now, but we're gonna have to get used to some bad tackling out there.
  • Lonnie Johnson was a penalty machine.
  • No half-time adjustments. At least that's what it looked like.

Team has been in a win 2 lose 1 pattern all year.

Broncos came out and dictated matchups to get McKinney in coverage early and he can't cover me

I seem to remember reading the Texans either haven't scored or only have 3 points on their opening drives all season. Thats just bad if a team is worth a **** they come out and get a lead early and put pressure on the other team to keep up. The Texans always look unprepared to start the game on offense.

I think we lose next week because Titans are playing well and they know how big this game is and its December and we know BOB's normal implosions against good teams this kind of year especially on the road.

That ******* hit KJ laid on Hopkins was glorious. Hard to get mad about him dominating that game he was one of my guys for 9 years, he came back home and had his best game. Should've paid him and kept him.

I wonder if him having inside info on our offense and defense was why they beat us so bad?

So you are actually happy that our star WR got hit? Likewise you are cheering for the other team because you like one particular player? Ok good to know, Broncos forums are that way ---->.

So you are actually happy that our star WR got hit? Likewise you are cheering for the other team because you like one particular player? Ok good to know, Broncos forums are that way ---->.

I was stunned Hop stayed in the game. I'm no doctor, but when he went to the ground and grabbed his head I thought he might have a concussion.

Could Jekyll and Hyde have anything to do with QB play?

Sure it could.

But which is easier to replace ? A coach or a Quarterback ?

One of them has posted historic statistics - best completion percentage thru X games in the history of the league. Among others.

The other has shown to be mediocre for the last 6 years.

One might be the answer - the other we know isn't the answer.

Best course of action would have been replacing OB this season , getting to see Watson with another coach and OC all year before deciding to back the Brinks truck up at his bank to the tune of $35m per year.

Now it looks like we're going to keep the guy who isn't the solution and back the Brinks truck up for the guy who might be the solution.

Worst of both worlds.

Sure it could.

But which is easier to replace ? A coach or a Quarterback ?

One of them has posted historic statistics - best completion percentage thru X games in the history of the league. Among others.

The other has shown to be mediocre for the last 6 years.

One might be the answer - the other we know isn't the answer.

Best course of action would have been replacing OB this season , getting to see Watson with another coach and OC all year before deciding to back the Brinks truck up at his bank to the tune of $35m per year.

Now it looks like we're going to keep the guy who isn't the solution and back the Brinks truck up for the guy who might be the solution.

Worst of both worlds.

Agreed.

I guess this really comes down to do you think WatJICson can lead this org to a championship. I hope he can but have my doubts.

Fairbum was the only positive yesterday which isn't surprising since there was no pressure on him. It's the only time he kicks good.

Everything was bad yesterday. The thing that annoys me is that we have so few easy throws for Deshaun to make early in the game to get into a rhythm. He constantly has to improvise because the routes yesterday took so long to get open. It would seem like you would have an identity on offense but it changes every week because of the playcaller's preference to attack different things every week. In theory, great, in reality it sucks because there's zero consistency week to week. What you did last week that was super successful is scrapped and you're back to the drawing board.

Nobody played well yesterday (with the exception of Fairbum). The defense playing 8-10 yards off receivers all day and allowing for easy completions to pick up first downs was frustrating as hell. This is the stretch run and all the good will of the Patriots game win was lost with that performance yesterday. Get a win against the Titans and things start seeming better again. Go Texans!

Agreed.

I guess this really comes down to do you think WatJICson can lead this org to a championship. I hope he can but have my doubts.

I absolutely believe with a competent head coach that Watson can lead this team to a championship. He plays with a handicap of a playcaller, never anything easy and almost every positive play is because of him improvising because no one is open. He's gotta be perfect to move the chains. It's like Aaron Rodgers with Mike McCarthy being held back from his best because of crap play calling week to week. Rodgers greatness was able to win a title but I would've predicted far more based on his greatness. The McCarthy handicap much like the O'Brien handicap is sometimes too great to overcome.

The defense looked like they didn't know what was going on. I mean guys were WIDE OPEN for way too many of Lock's passes.

You watch the All-22 and there are far too many times when no receivers are open when Watson hits the back step of his drop. So then he buys time and some posters think he's a bad QB because of that. Whatever. Then you have the opposing team with wide open receivers all the time and those same posters think OB is a good coach. Ooookkaaaay then.

Watson provided the only exciting plays yesterday but he was all over the place - without checking out the ALL 22 and watching the routes develop I wonder what the hell was going on in the intermediate passing game - it feels like we were back to the OBrien EP - you guys can even go back to the TD to Hopkins for an example of a typical OBrien route deployment. It was successful yes due to the defensive lapse, but look at the 3 streaking guys .. how long before they even look back for the ball? you telling me you need to help out our shiny, new "all pro" LT with max protect to his side? Coutee is trash. Why cant Stills play Fullers role? Whats so hard about running fast down the field and keeping the D honest? What happened to Duke Johnson in the passing game? "Deshaun holds the ball forever" -- yup. Tell the receivers to make their breaks quicker. Add a drag. Where was the presnap motion? Hardly any of what we saw last week.

Coaches also looked past Denver, they didnt think that a rookie QB would come in there and do that to them. Until this team implements true layer passing consistently, defenses will always be able to pressure Deshaun and force the team out of sync and it goes way deeper than the surface level "Deshaun cant read a defense" .. a hyper attacking D is crushing the very tenet of what the "OBrien EP" wants to do - long developing, deep passing. Saying "there is a guy open" out of 5 is not saying much, because the progression in the scheme has Deshaun looking downfield first (or his own HERO BALL), well its up to coaching to say at the meetings "this week we want to attack Denvers flanks, with methodical mid level passing and the RB flats/screens" whatever ... what do you think could have been the approach yesterday? HOw often do we see OBrien/Watson meetings on the sideline? Its almost like we're starting to see some cracks in the foundation so to speak by the body language of everyone involved during the game and during the post game press conferences.

KJAX was the XFactor - he knew exactly where OBrien/Watson would go with the ball and he showed up to the ball full of piss and vinegar - he versed his new team well and they kicked our ass all over the field. Where the hell was Roby? Didnt he want to "show up his old team" especially versus a ROOKIE QB?? These guys should have been licking their chops, instead they were left licking their wounds. KJAX >>>>>> Roby. We picked the wrong guy. Again.

Watson was bad. He took some unnecessary hits, didnt see the field well. going through the motions. He was still our best player on the field. If you take away the 7 points OBrien gave away right before the half (already questionable to go for it there, and then compound that by calling a pass play??? ouch), and the "is he down" KJAX lateral return TD then it becomes a coin flip game. Coulda, shoulda, woulda. I was so excited too, I saw some wrinkles at the beginning of the game that were really good implementations, but it went all for not because most of the team was just staring at butterflies all afternoon.

Distressing part is that starting off slow is not relegated to these types of games. Starting off slow is almost the OBrien hallmark and what his "offense" is known for. If designing great plays isnt his job, and the players execution is not his job, then surely getting them ready to play IS HIS JOB right? This team looked like a team that was rolling over on a lame duck coach.

As far as jumping on Crennel, he's doing the best he can with the assortment of JAGS he's been given. Who the hell on that side of the ball is a difference maker? Seriously, I get being mad over running cushioned coverages, but what would you guys like better, giving up deep TD after deep TD because these "great new CBs" we just acquired arent really all that great? #potential. Denver has solid receivers and when that happens our 1st round defensive backs tend to struggle. Another game, another TE lights up the D. So much for having a "TE Whisperer" ... it was 21-0 real fast and the defense was reeling, yet the offense couldnt stop some of that momentum, couldnt help their "scrappy, bend but dont break" defense when they have all the talent on their side of the ball.

Enough blame to go around.

Feels like the Tacks are just going to trounce us and make us look like fools, so surely we will win by 21. Thats the MO of this team, and some of my longtime PSL friends are already talking about "hating the 2 game playoff invoice" with this squad. Sad state of affairs when all hope is lost knowing precisely what your limitations are.
To your last paragraph, if this team makes the playoffs I hope the Steelers are the first round opponent. I can sell my pair for double what they are worth.

I’m not sure I want to drive 4 1/2 hours to see OBrien trot out crap like he did yesterday.

Last edited:
You watch the All-22 and there are far too many times when no receivers are open when Watson hits the back step of his drop. So then he buys time and some posters think he's a bad QB because of that. Whatever. Then you have the opposing team with wide open receivers all the time and those same posters think OB is a good coach. Ooookkaaaay then.

True, and a lot of the other posters will trash other QB"s on those same circumstances and ignore all of those valid things you just said as well just to try and trash that player because they have an insecurity about Watson not being the best or because they hate that other player or that other team.

Some think the Texans have JesusInCleats, and some think the Texans have MessiahInAHeadset. That's pretty cool, things are looking up even after the azz-whuppin.

I'm tellin ya, when JIC and MIAH get on the same page, miracles will occur in Houston, Texas. Everyone just needs to keep praying - but be patient, things like this sometimes take eons.

Until BO'brien is held accountable by ownership, we will be a rudderless ship in the middle of a hurricane. We need a coach that is not worried about if he's a big shot or not. His priorities are skewed and besides that, he's bottom 1% as a game coach.

I gotta correct the math on this. Actually, he is in the bottom 3.125% of NFL coaches.

But in all honesty, he is in the bottom 6.25% of NFL coaches.

:barman:

Some think the Texans have JesusInCleats, and some think the Texans have MessiahInAHeadset. That's pretty cool, things are looking up even after the azz-whuppin.

I'm tellin ya, when JIC and MIAH get on the same page, miracles will occur in Houston, Texas. Everyone just needs to keep praying - but be patient, things like this sometimes take eons.

Amen!

Back