Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Stop blaming O'Brien and start blaming the ownership and management

banned1976

sleeper mode
Been a Ravens fan longer than I have a Texans fan and I will tell you having trophies in the case as you say is not that big a deal because no one wants to sit around and talk about how great they use to be. History only means something if that’s all you have, how long have people laughed at Dallas fans for talking about their team like it’s still the 90s.

Maybe to players, coaches and staff those trophies are enough but to me when I see my team go from dominate in the regular season to one and done against the 6th seed team I couldn’t care less about trophies won almost a decade ago for one and almost 2 decades on another.
I doubt everyone feels the same. I’d rather reminisce about super bowl trophies in my old age than AFC South banners.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
When your expectations are they are one of the 4 best teams in the league …. you expect better than we got in an embarrassing , historical loss on the road in the divisional round.
But this is who they are.

I don't believe many had the expectations I did going into the season - 12-4 and a top 2 seed.
I think you & I are the small group that expected a 12 win season. My expectations were based on a healthy Watson & Fuller.

DW4 disappointed me a little, so did Fuller's core. Adding real talent to the defense kept hope alive (I expected almost nothing from the defense, they did not disappoint).

BO'b did not disappoint.

But... during the season, what was it that made you hold on to 12-4 expectations?

The timeout/challenge got me to thinking Watson is going to need another year before he's capable of dragging BillyO to 12 wins.

I lost all expectations of a special season & just watched. Then Watson took over in the Buffalo Wild Card game & I let myself hope again.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Been a Ravens fan longer than I have a Texans fan and I will tell you having trophies in the case as you say is not that big a deal because no one wants to sit around and talk about how great they use to be. History only means something if that’s all you have, how long have people laughed at Dallas fans for talking about their team like it’s still the 90s.

Maybe to players, coaches and staff those trophies are enough but to me when I see my team go from dominate in the regular season to one and done against the 6th seed team I couldn’t care less about trophies won almost a decade ago for one and almost 2 decades on another.
Sorry, man, you're talking to a lifelong Houston pro football fan. You simply lack any sort of objectivity in understanding this city's fan base when you say things like "having trophies in the case as you say is not that big a deal".

I mean no offense to you when I say that you just don't get Houston sports fans. It is multi-generational heartbreak and failure. If you understood us at all, those words would never have been thought in your head.

Did you bother to watch a million+ people peacefully celebrate the Atros WS? They are still celebrating it in spite of the scandal. A Texans SB trophy would be 100 times that and more. There is no doubt about it and I feel confident that 99% of Houston football fans would agree.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Sorry, man, you're talking to a lifelong Houston pro football fan. You simply lack any sort of objectivity in understanding this city's fan base when you say things like "having trophies in the case as you say is not that big a deal".

I mean no offense to you when I say that you just don't get Houston sports fans. It is multi-generational heartbreak and failure. If you understood us at all, those words would never have been thought in your head.

Did you bother to watch a million+ people peacefully celebrate the Atros WS? They are still celebrating it in spite of the scandal. A Texans SB trophy would be 100 times that and more. There is no doubt about it and I feel confident that 99% of Houston football fans would agree.
That pretty arrogant of you, saying someone doesn't get being a Houston sports fan just because they take a different view from you. You talk about how its just entertainment and then act as if the Astros, Texans, Rockets, Dynamo or any Houston team winning or losing actually has that big an affect on your life. Tell me did your life dramatically change after the Astros won? Did it change after the scandal came out? Do you really think it would if the Texans or Rockets or whoever won? Its fun for a few days of celebration but ultimately it didn't put more money in my pocket or help me and my family to stay healthy.

If not making football or any other sport such a big part of my life that I sit around and talk about the heartbreak and failure then sure I don't understand the Houston fan base. I'm on these forums as much as I am strictly because the site is not blocked at work and it kills downtime with something I find, mostly, entertaining not because all I think about is Texans football.

You know what though, I hate to tell you this but that 99% you talk about agree with me more than they do you, oh sure there would be a parade, people would take a day off work, run out and buy the caps and shirts and mugs and the mayor would make a speech naming it "Texans day" or something but the next day it would be business as usual. More and more I read on here the more I think those "casual fans" have the right idea because they don't worry about this stuff and they actually seem to enjoy the game far more than any of us do.

michaelm

vox nihili
That pretty arrogant of you, saying someone doesn't get being a Houston sports fan just because they take a different view from you. You talk about how its just entertainment and then act as if the Astros, Texans, Rockets, Dynamo or any Houston team winning or losing actually has that big an affect on your life. Tell me did your life dramatically change after the Astros won? Did it change after the scandal came out? Do you really think it would if the Texans or Rockets or whoever won? Its fun for a few days of celebration but ultimately it didn't put more money in my pocket or help me and my family to stay healthy.

If not making football or any other sport such a big part of my life that I sit around and talk about the heartbreak and failure then sure I don't understand the Houston fan base. I'm on these forums as much as I am strictly because the site is not blocked at work and it kills downtime with something I find, mostly, entertaining not because all I think about is Texans football.

You know what though, I hate to tell you this but that 99% you talk about agree with me more than they do you, oh sure there would be a parade, people would take a day off work, run out and buy the caps and shirts and mugs and the mayor would make a speech naming it "Texans day" or something but the next day it would be business as usual. More and more I read on here the more I think those "casual fans" have the right idea because they don't worry about this stuff and they actually seem to enjoy the game far more than any of us do.
If you're keeping a tally, I was born in Houston in 1965 and have lived in the area for the entire time other than four years in the military.
I agree with him and respectfully disagree with you

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.

I think the difference is you had that moment as a ravens fan. Maybes it's great, maybe it's just a flash in time and then like all fans you want more. Maybe last years success isnt enough to cull your undying need to win this year. And maybe your right.

Problem is WE as long time Houston football fans wouldn't know. We've never had a chance to know. I imagine the personal experience for every fan is a bit different. A lot of us might feel the way you do...

I'm thinking as a die hard fb fan in Houston my 43 years is long enough. I don't think I'll overlook it if it happens. I think I'd appreciate the hell out of it. I remember years when I argued 7th round picks with folks here because we (i) were that hungry for success.

Ultimately I guess we're in different realities as fans. You think some past sb ring means little going forward. I think maybe your taking it for granted. I think the majority of Houston would love to find out.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
I think the difference is you had that moment as a ravens fan. Maybes it's great, maybe it's just a flash in time and then like all fans you want more. Maybe last years success isnt enough to cull your undying need to win this year. And maybe your right.

Problem is WE as long time Houston football fans wouldn't know. We've never had a chance to know. I imagine the personal experience for every fan is a bit different. A lot of us might feel the way you do...

I'm thinking as a die hard fb fan in Houston my 43 years is long enough. I don't think I'll overlook it if it happens. I think I'd appreciate the hell out of it. I remember years when I argued 7th round picks with folks here because we (i) were that hungry for success.

Ultimately I guess we're in different realities as fans. You think some past sb ring means little going forward. I think maybe your taking it for granted. I think the majority of Houston would love to find out.
That makes sense and I can see you point. I will tell you though that once you have been to the top it makes being down even worse because you KNOW your team can do better. Also you never want to be like Dallas where all you have is the past. Ravens have been lucky that we’ve never fallen as far as some teams, looking at you Bears and Redskins, but it still makes the fall hard.

Grams

Veteran
Growing up in the Northeast and being a Red Sox fan, I understand the Houston football fans plight. Watching the Sox from the 50's and watching them lose the 7th game of the World Series not once but 3 times, just leaves one feeling extremely disappointed - like you have been run over by all 18 wheels of a tractor-trailer that backed up and ran over you again. The feeling when they finally won it all in 2004 is unlike any other. When they got to another World Series the feeling was different - win/lose - either was fine, because they had already won one. If they didn't win another one in my lifetime - fine. I had seen them win it all at least once.

Think that is all the Texans/Houston football fans want is to see your team win it all once in their lifetime. Time is getting shorter for some of us and would really like to see that accomplished sooner rather than later. The way the Texans are going it is looking more and more like it will be later rather than sooner. :(

mussop

Hall of Fame
This is why I think that people that have the "SB or bust" mentality aren't being realistic. Oh sure after a certain amount of time and "effort" its time to clean house and try to come at the problem from a different direction but of the 32 teams only one will win the SB each year and just making to the SB doesn't mean you'll be good next time around. Pats got knocked out first round and you can make an argument that if it wasn't for a super weak schedule the first half of the season they wouldn't have even made the playoffs. Eagles last year were a serious SB contender and this year barely won the worst division in NFL history and needed Dallas to completely go off the rails to get that far. For that matter where did the 49ers come from? Last I looked they were still looking at drafting top 15 and then out of the blue they have this kind of season.

I'm not so naïve or enough of a Kool-Aid drinker to think OB and the Texans are going to suddenly turn it all around but at the same time I'm not going to believe that just because it failed last season means it will fail this one to.
Lol it’s not that we failed it’s how. It’s how OB refuses to turn over the play calling even though he absolutely sucks at it. How he refuses to hold mike devlin responsible for horrible results on the oline. And that’s just the tip.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I was born in Houston in 1965
I think it's cute when I see seniors texting. Scary when they're texting & driving...

I saw a mature gentleman using the calendar on his phone the other day. I was like, "Go on grandpa!"

Do you message on this board from your phone or are you still doing the Commodore thing?

michaelm

vox nihili
I think it's cute when I see seniors texting. Scary when they're texting & driving...

I saw a mature gentleman using the calendar on his phone the other day. I was like, "Go on grandpa!"

Do you message on this board from your phone or are you still doing the Commodore thing?

Describing the average 54 year old male, you're probably not far from being right, but this old man is somewhat of a tech nerd.

I do things like network my home with Ubiquiti Unifi switches and access points, repurpose old laptops by wiping Windows from the hard drive and turning them into multi boot Linux machines with 10 different distros just for fun.
I mess around with Raspberry Pi and have several of them for various tasks like a headless torrent client, a DOS box that runs old game ROMs, and stuff like that.

I also have a bunch of home automation using Apple Homekit that I setup myself, and cut the cord and stream everything on Apple TVs.

As far as Texans Talk I usually use my iPhone (11 Max Pro at the moment). I'm one of the weirdos that likes Tapatalk. But I also have a iMac and Macbook Pro.

I'm also a bit of a gamer. Play FPSs on Xbox. Rainbow Six Siege is what I'm playing the most right now.

That's me in a nutshell lol

(after reading this I kind feel like I'm a weird guy. Like I'm an oilfield guy who drives an F250 and drinks a lot of beer. You and I also have something in common TK, we're big old boys. I'm 6'5 and right at 300 at the moment).

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Describing the average 54 year old male, you're probably not far from being right, but this old man is somewhat of a tech nerd.

I do things like network my home with Ubiquiti Unifi switches and access points, repurpose old laptops by wiping Windows from the hard drive and turning them into multi boot Linux machines with 10 different distros just for fun.
I mess around with Raspberry Pi and have several of them for various tasks like a headless torrent client, a DOS box that runs old game ROMs, and stuff like that.

I also have a bunch of home automation using Apple Homekit that I setup myself, and cut the cord and stream everything on Apple TVs.

As far as Texans Talk I usually use my iPhone (11 Max Pro at the moment). I'm one of the weirdos that likes Tapatalk. But I also have a iMac and Macbook Pro.

I'm also a bit of a gamer. Play FPSs on Xbox. Rainbow Six Siege is what I'm playing the most right now.

(after reading this I kind feel like I'm a weird guy. Like I'm an oilfield guy who drives an F250 and drinks a lot of beer. You and I also have something in common TK, we're big old boys. I'm 6'5 and right at 300 at the moment).
Well I guess those old boomers may be a little more savy than given credit for.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame

Bah, you use Apple. Real tech nerds go android. :kitten: Seriously if you ever break away from Apple you will love it because you can get to the root files without having to jailbreak the phone. I had all my stuff on Apple and it took some time and work but once I got it set up I couldn't make myself go back to Apple if my life depended on it. Plus I was an Apple repair tech so I know how cheap and crappy the parts they use are.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Bah, you use Apple. Real tech nerds go android. :kitten: Seriously if you ever break away from Apple you will love it because you can get to the root files without having to jailbreak the phone. I had all my stuff on Apple and it took some time and work but once I got it set up I couldn't make myself go back to Apple if my life depended on it. Plus I was an Apple repair tech so I know how cheap and crappy the parts they use are.
Maverick I have both. But I do like the android better.

michaelm

vox nihili
I'm not one of those guys that gets into the whole Apple vs Android argument because I like all kinds of tech.
But I'm entrenched in the Apple ecosystem so I doubt I'll be switching any time soon.
I used to jailbreak my phones but Apple has done a decent job of integrating the features that I used to jailbreak for, so I just leave them as is now.

It's not as much of a problem now, but Android security/viruses used to be an issue, and I preferred the security aspect of the Apple os.

As far as the hardware quality, I can't debate that on a technical level but we own a **** load of Apple products and have very few issues.
My oldest device is a 2009 Macbook Pro and it's still running like a champ.
The only things I've done to it are replacing the battery, maxing the RAM and replacing the DVD drive with a SSD. It still has the original hard drive but I found some command line directions online that allowed me to combine the disk drive and the SSD into a Fusion drive.
I'm going to keep that laptop until it dies. I have to know how long it will live lol
Damn thing is still able to run Photoshop

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
I'm not one of those guys that gets into the whole Apple vs Android argument because I like all kinds of tech.
But I'm entrenched in the Apple ecosystem so I doubt I'll be switching any time soon.
I used to jailbreak my phones but Apple has done a decent job of integrating the features that I used to jailbreak for, so I just leave them as is now.

It's not as much of a problem now, but Android security/viruses used to be an issue, and I preferred the security aspect of the Apple os.

As far as the hardware quality, I can't debate that on a technical level but we own a **** load of Apple products and have very few issues.
My oldest device is a 2009 Macbook Pro and it's still running like a champ.
The only things I've done to it are replacing the battery, maxing the RAM and replacing the DVD drive with a SSD. It still has the original hard drive but I found some command line directions online that allowed me to combine the disk drive and the SSD into a Fusion drive.
I'm going to keep that laptop until it dies. I have to know how long it will live lol
Damn thing is still able to run Photoshop
Give you a hint on something they purposely don't tell you. If you send any of your apple products to a repair facility and it comes back with ANY damage at all, I'm talking the smallest of marks or scratches, there is a 90 warranty on all repairs. That warranty resets each time it is sent in. We had some people that figured it out and they would just send it back in under the warranty after like 70 days or so to reset it. It doesn't even have to be the same issue because all the parts are soldered straight onto the motherboard so even if say the head phone jack goes out thats a motherboard replacement. So ALWAYS back up your data because it will get wiped.

Also if a machine is sent in 4 times, yes even just for a scratch on it, the policy is to replace the machine with a brand new one but this is harder to get past them because after the third time it goes to "white glove repair" where the literally wear white gloves and repair the machine in a clean room and take LOTS of pictures of it prior and post repair. Last thing if you have water damage DO NOT TELL THEM, there are little marks inside the machine that turn red if they get wet but if those marks aren't red, and they fail alot, then it does not matter they cannot charge you extra as water damage. If they do find it they will call you up and say so but the time restraints and quated on the techs is so high most techs don't report it and just continue the repair as if it wasn't because reporting it messes up their repair numbers.

michaelm

vox nihili
Give you a hint on something they purposely don't tell you. If you send any of your apple products to a repair facility and it comes back with ANY damage at all, I'm talking the smallest of marks or scratches, there is a 90 warranty on all repairs. That warranty resets each time it is sent in. We had some people that figured it out and they would just send it back in under the warranty after like 70 days or so to reset it. It doesn't even have to be the same issue because all the parts are soldered straight onto the motherboard so even if say the head phone jack goes out thats a motherboard replacement. So ALWAYS back up your data because it will get wiped.

Also if a machine is sent in 4 times, yes even just for a scratch on it, the policy is to replace the machine with a brand new one but this is harder to get past them because after the third time it goes to "white glove repair" where the literally wear white gloves and repair the machine in a clean room and take LOTS of pictures of it prior and post repair. Last thing if you have water damage DO NOT TELL THEM, there are little marks inside the machine that turn red if they get wet but if those marks aren't red, and they fail alot, then it does not matter they cannot charge you extra as water damage. If they do find it they will call you up and say so but the time restraints and quated on the techs is so high most techs don't report it and just continue the repair as if it wasn't because reporting it messes up their repair numbers.
That's good information thanks man

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
how does the owner and management have anything 2 do with the game on the field

i dont think cal makes football decesions ..????

Billy is the Head coach all the highs and lows is his making ..???

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club

I've been away on business and just saw this goofy ass tripe.

GTFO with this utter nonsense.

I'm "arrogant"? LMAO!!!!! :lol:STOP TAKING YOURSELF SO SERIOUSLY

YOU
were the dude telling US that "having trophies in the case as you say is not that big a deal". You telling US what we feel. . .

Do you even comprehend the blatant hypocrisy on your part here?? :rake:

Freakin' Ravens troll. lol lol:

banned1976

sleeper mode
I’m just glad one pro team in Houston had the balls to rebuild for the greater good. The other two teams are content to continue spending draft capital on free agents that help tread water only, never getting too far ahead or behind of the “also ran’s”. Keep the seats filled and the cash flowing.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame

YOU
were the dude telling US that "having trophies in the case as you say is not that big a deal". You telling US what we feel. . .

You know I was going to reply but frankly it's not worth my time to think up a proper responce. Keep crying in your corner about all the heartbreak you feel as though it was you that was out there winning or losing games and acting like you speak for a city of over 4 million, most of who don't even care. If you really believe that your life will be so much better if/when the Texans win a SB then sure I'm not going to try and pop your fantasy bubble. And really "Ravens troll" thats the best you got? Yeah everyday I see more and more why this place is going downhill fast.

Texansballer74

The Marine

YOU

DB I was told that we can not use Bwhahaha, LOL, LMAO and etc. they say it’s demeaning.
Well that only applies to me.

Mangler

Toro de España
So, O’Brien decided to get rid of Hopkins cause he had “too much influence in the locker room” and he didn’t like how he had kids with different baby mommas? LMAO!
Michael Irvin said O’Brien told Hopkins that the last time he had to have a meeting like this was with Aaron Hernandez.

Wow! Who the hell does O’Brien think he is? There are also rumors that a big portion of the locker room wants out because Easterby is sticking his nose in everyone’s business.

bigmck

Rookie
This morning (Wednesday) on 610 around 9 AM I heard that BOB called in Hopkins and started off the conversation by saying "the last time he had a conversation like this was with Aaron Hernandez". BOB is a an ----- fill in the space. Hopkins is nothing like Hernandez. As long as BOB is here, the team will Suck.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Not Texan worthy. All way up the ladder to McNair. All guilty, Bob is palpable as administrator and executioner. To hell with what fans, players and season ticket holders think until they leave in mass exedous.

bigmck

Rookie
The first time I heard of BOB was when he was head coach at Penn State for two years. Before that he was with the Patriots as an assistant coach. What did he do to be pulled out of the crowd to become Penn St head coach after the Paterno fiasco? There must have been something notable he did? Anyone?

Mangler

Toro de España
The first time I heard of BOB was when he was head coach at Penn State for two years. Before that he was with the Patriots as an assistant coach. What did he do to be pulled out of the crowd to become Penn St head coach after the Paterno fiasco? There must have been something notable he did? Anyone?
His 15 minutes of fame came after barking at Tom Brady on the sideline. Kinda like he did with the crowd at NRG when they told him he sucks.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
He had a great season where he over achieved there.

Mr. White

Retired OLine Coach
He got into a yelling match with Tom Brady on the sideline. That’s it.

From there, his career took off.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was

im the 1% "minority" DB that would do just about anything to have a professional football trophy to brag about and remember and share the experience with all my family and fellow Houstonians and even those sparce fans we have scattered about the country and globe! (looking at you @welsh texan !)

guy speaks of arrogance and goes on to state that 99% of people would agree with him!! LMAO Logic "hard" at work in that head I tell ya. :kitten:

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
What does this have to do with OB? Especially considering OB has a special needs child...c'mon man
why should the angry mob show restraint for a man who's on record berating opposing coaches, fans, ex players and now completely attacking the character a Texan legend?? Nah man its open game. If some of you have thin skin now would not be the time to visit this forum.

bigmck

Rookie
im the 1% "minority" DB that would do just about anything to have a professional football trophy to brag about and remember and share the experience with all my family and fellow Houstonians and even those sparce fans we have scattered about the country and globe! (looking at you @welsh texan !)

guy speaks of arrogance and goes on to state that 99% of people would agree with him!! LMAO Logic "hard" at work in that head I tell ya. :kitten:
I guess I would be in the 99% who would like a Super Bowl. I would also think that is why people come here and berate a person they have never met.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
why should the angry mob show restraint for a man who's on record befirating opposing coaches, fans, ex players and now completely attacking the character a Texan legend?? Nah man its open game. If some of you have thin skin now would not be the time to visit this forum.
Actually its time for you take a hike if you think that kind of crap is going to fly.

You can hate a coach all you want, but trashing them and their special needs children won't.

You'll' just keep making the mods look bad. They'll eventually take action with you. Its just how much collateral damage they want to cause before they finally do.