Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Stop blaming O'Brien and start blaming the ownership and management

LMAO @ "Rick Smith was in the bottom tier of GMs" ... like seriously where do you guys get these takes from? Just pull them out of thin air? A few keystrokes could prevent your from looking like a subjective fool!!

cc5635fae7.png

After 2014 all Rick Smith did was draft guys like: Bernardrick McKinney, Will Fuller, Nick Martin, DJ Reader (gem), Deshaun Watson, Zach Cunningham, Carlos Watkins

found undrafted guys after 2014 like: Greg Mancz & Brennan Scarlett to go with finding Arian Foster as an UDFA also.

these types of conversations would be better realized if everyone was more informed. Subjectively speaking you can say Rick Smith sucked, but the numbers dont bear that out - Just sayin'!!

LMAO @ "Rick Smith was in the bottom tier of GMs" ... like seriously where do you guys get these takes from? Just pull them out of thin air? A few keystrokes could prevent your from looking like a subjective fool!!

cc5635fae7.png

After 2014 all Rick Smith did was draft guys like: Bernardrick McKinney, Will Fuller, Nick Martin, DJ Reader (gem), Deshaun Watson, Zach Cunningham, Carlos Watkins

found undrafted guys after 2014 like: Greg Mancz & Brennan Scarlett to go with finding Arian Foster as an UDFA also.

these types of conversations would be better realized if everyone was more informed. Subjectively speaking you can say Rick Smith sucked, but the numbers dont bear that out - Just sayin'!!

Tell me about the 2014 draft that BOB gets blamed for? If he gets blamed for the bad picks does he get credit for the good picks after the 2014 draft.

Also if you go back and look at the 11 yrs RS was here and look at picks in rds 2-4 (Roster building picks, something you obviously cant seem to comprehend) it will make you sick to your stomach.

Bottom line is RS was very good picking star level players in the 1st rd. However when it came to picking lower level draft picks (You know like in rds 2-4 where the real work is put in) he was subpar at best. The lack of depth while he was GM should tell you that but obviously it wont.

Tell me about the 2014 draft that BOB gets blamed for? If he gets blamed for the bad picks does he get credit for the good picks after the 2014 draft.

Also if you go back and look at the 11 yrs RS was here and look at picks in rds 2-4 (Roster building picks, something you obviously cant seem to comprehend) it will make you sick to your stomach.

Bottom line is RS was very good picking star level players in the 1st rd. However when it came to picking lower level draft picks (You know like in rds 2-4 where the real work is put in) he was subpar at best. The lack of depth while he was GM should tell you that but obviously it wont.

GMs more often pick busts than studs. This goes true for ALL GMs. I prefer evaluating GMs relative to other GMs, instead of dissecting pick-by-pick. UR's chart is a relative comparison to other GMs. It doesn't necessarily say he was a good GM, but compared to the rest of the league, he was one of the better ones.

GMs more often pick busts than studs. This goes true for ALL GMs. I prefer evaluating GMs relative to other GMs, instead of dissecting pick-by-pick. UR's chart is a relative comparison to other GMs. It doesn't necessarily say he was a good GM, but compared to the rest of the league, he was one of the better ones.

Compare RS to Ozzie.

You should compare yourself to the best in your profession. Not the avg.

I shouldn't have said anything as my info is second hand. I've never met the man.

Still, if he is trying to get a GM job & hasn't been able to, all I'm saying is it probably has nothing to do with his record as GM.

To be fair, if Rick Smith found out on December 31, 2018 he would not be returning to the Texans? How many GM jobs were available since Smith officially left the Texans? There were reports he was in the running for the Redskins' job but they decided to give an experienced HC like Ron Rivera control of personnel.

I'm not trying to defend Rick Smith, but sometimes, things get repeated ad nauseum in this forum and when it's not challenged, it passes as truth.

Last edited:
Back