Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

State of the O-line

zshawn10

All Pro
Top 10 C Pass Block Win Rate
1. Corey Linsley, Packers, 98%
2. JC Tretter, Browns, 98%
3. Mike Pouncey, Chargers, 97%
4. A.Q. Shipley, Cardinals, 97%
5. Brandon Linder, Jaguars, 96%
6. Rodney Hudson, Raiders, 96%
7. Mitch Morse, Bills, 95%
8. Ryan Jensen, Buccaneers, 95%
9. Weston Richburg, 49ers, 95%
10. Nick Martin, Texans, 94%
Top 10 OT Pass Block Win Rate
1. Trent Brown, Raiders, 94%
2. Tytus Howard, Texans, 94%
3. David Bakhtiari, Packers, 94%
4. Ronnie Stanley, Ravens, 93%
5. Charles Leno Jr., Bears, 93%
6. Orlando Brown Jr., Ravens, 93%
7. Alejandro Villanueva, Steelers, 93%
8. Andrew Whitworth, Rams, 92%
9. Ty Nsekhe, Bills, 92%
10. Brian O’Neill, Vikings, 92%
Team Pass Block Win Rate
1. Green Bay Packers, 68%
2. Baltimore Ravens, 66%
3. Oakland Raiders, 65%
4. Buffalo Bills, 65%
5. Pittsburgh Steelers, 62%
6. Jacksonville Jaguars, 62%
7. Chicago Bears, 62%
8. Indianapolis Colts, 62%
9. Houston Texans, 61%
10. Arizona Cardinals, 60%
11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 59%
12. Detroit Lions, 59%
13. Tennessee Titans, 59%
14. Cleveland Browns, 59%
15. Dallas Cowboys, 59%
16. Los Angeles Chargers, 58%
17. New York Giants, 57%
18. Washington Redskins, 57%
19. Kansas City Chiefs, 57%
20. Minnesota Vikings, 56%
21. New Orleans Saints, 56%
22. Philadelphia Eagles, 56%
23. New England Patriots, 55%
24. San Francisco 49ers, 54%
25. Los Angeles Rams, 54%
26. New York Jets, 50%
27. Denver Broncos, 50%
28. Seattle Seahawks, 49%
29. Atlanta Falcons, 47%
30. Carolina Panthers, 43%
31. Miami Dolphins, 41%
32. Cincinnati Bengals, 40%

dream_team

All Pro
Rod Johnson better than Tytus Howard for starters.
I disagree. Johnson doesn't have Howard's strength. Or maybe you're talking more about recently, as I think he hasn't played all that well since he returned from his injury. In which case, Johnson could be a better option. I can see that. Hopefully that is the case and Howard just focuses on getting better for next season.

thunderkyss

It's good to be me... again.
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Johnson doesn't have Howard's strength
Johnson got benched for Clark.

One of the games Tunsil was out we started Clark with less than a week of practice. Rod Johnson came in the 2nd series with an opportunity to earn the job... been on the team since last year.

Clark looked better to me.

& RJohnson looks more suited as a LT. Doesn't have the lower anchor to push defenses off the ball to be a RT.

dream_team

All Pro
Johnson got benched for Clark.

One of the games Tunsil was out we started Clark with less than a week of practice. Rod Johnson came in the 2nd series with an opportunity to earn the job... been on the team since last year.

Clark looked better to me.

& RJohnson looks more suited as a LT. Doesn't have the lower anchor to push defenses off the ball to be a RT.
I agree with you that Johnson doesn't look like a traditional RT. For the sake of the rest of the season, though, I hope he's better at it than I think.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Still a bit concerned with the run blocking. Also didn't like on a couple of plays, there was a free rusher to DW4.

But overall, happy with their performance last night.
I worry that the O-line is still the weak point of this team.
....especially with Von Miller & co. coming to town

otisbean

Veteran
Contributor's Club
I worry that the O-line is still the weak point of this team.
....especially with Von Miller & co. coming to town
At the beginning of the game they were some weird plays by Tunsil in particular. He wasn’t getting beaten, it looked like he let a guy go free by design. I remember one play in particular where he helped the G and the guy in front of him had almost a free run at the QB. I’m guessing that’s part of those sweet protection schemes Develin runs. Maybe Martin was supposed to swing out and block the guy directly in front of Tunsil - the defense would never see that coming

justmy2cents

Rookie
Contributor's Club
At the beginning of the game they were some weird plays by Tunsil in particular. He wasn’t getting beaten, it looked like he let a guy go free by design. I remember one play in particular where he helped the G and the guy in front of him had almost a free run at the QB. I’m guessing that’s part of those sweet protection schemes Develin runs. Maybe Martin was supposed to swing out and block the guy directly in front of Tunsil - the defense would never see that coming

I agree .... they don't often look as cohesive as I thought they would by now .... and I may be too critical, but I expected far more from Tunsil, in many ways, especially considering the price we paid !

Texansballer74

Hall of Fame
I agree .... they don't often look as cohesive as I thought they would by now .... and I may be too critical, but I expected far more from Tunsil, in many ways, especially considering the price we paid !

I believe injuries put a damper into their cohesiveness. We really haven't had our starting unit out there since week 4 or 5.