Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Should we trade Watson?

Should we trade Watson?

• Yes, without a doubt.

• Yes, depending on compensation (please list your trade scenario).

• No, never.

• No, unless he plays hardball and sits.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
I think the discount was dropping from 1.3 to 6 pick as it allowed Miami to push round ones into the future and those could be San Francisco picks; possibly allowing Miami to keep their own. Two round ones and two round two in the top 50 this draft would be excellent as things stand, anything extra would be gravy for the chicken.

SF round one in 22 and 23 gives a reasonable package when added to 6, 18, 36 and 50.
I continue to think Tua is part of Nick's plan and perhaps why Miami gave up 3 for 6 +. QB Wilson gone at 1.2 and Tre Lance could be target at 6 (or another QB at 6 or another trade down). That QB could then have time to adjust NFL and develop. Many here agree that Taylor is not a full season starter and having Tua tag would not be a bad thing for a few games if needed. It also will allow Tu'a to improve and have more time to get healthy.

A serious question, why is sooner better than later except for fans? If Caserio and Miami coordinating on trade, Houston's draft team would be ready.
It gives Texans more time to get their ducks in a row and avoids any possible future actions against Watson.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I think the discount was dropping from 1.3 to 6 pick as it allowed Miami to push round ones into the future and those could be San Francisco picks; possibly allowing Miami to keep their own. Two round ones and two round two in the top 50 this draft would be excellent as things stand, anything extra would be gravy for the chicken.

SF round one in 22 and 23 gives a reasonable package when added to 6, 18, 36 and 50.
I continue to think Tua is part of Nick's plan and perhaps why Miami gave up 3 for 6 +. QB Wilson gone at 1.2 and Tre Lance could be target at 6 (or another QB at 6 or another trade down). That QB could then have time to adjust NFL and develop. Many here agree that Taylor is not a full season starter and having Tua tag would not be a bad thing for a few games if needed. It also will allow Tu'a to improve and have more time to get healthy.

A serious question, why is sooner better than later except for fans? If Caserio and Miami coordinating on trade, Houston's draft team would be ready.
I believe Miami is moving away from Watson. Their draft capital at the moment would allow them to build a team around Tu'a. If they feel there is a need for another QB to compete...then they could easily select Mac Jones (Bama) and still possess enough capital to build their team for the long haul.

Watson's 2022 numbers could put Miami in a scramble to dump salaries when their own guys contracts start coming up. Like the Jets.....Miami should stand pat and put the finishing touches on their team through the draft.

Texian

Hall of Fame
I believe Miami is moving away from Watson. Their draft capital at the moment would allow them to build a team around Tu'a. If they feel there is a need for another QB to compete...then they could easily select Mac Jones (Bama) and still possess enough capital to build their team for the long haul.

Watson's 2022 numbers could put Miami in a scramble to dump salaries when their own guys contracts start coming up. Like the Jets.....Miami should stand pat and put the finishing touches on their team through the draft.
The game has changed, many teams, aka owners, don't want a perverted sexual deviate as the face of their franchise.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
i think our offer prob has changed at this point ill take

(2) 1st (3) 2nds and a 3rd ...... :P thats not to much to ask

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
is there a scnerio were watson is not traded till 2023 even then i think he will have some trade value right ..????

were the texans are fine with him sitting for 2 years

badboy

Hall of Fame

I would agree if I thought that Miami was all in on Tua tag. But in my opinion they are not. It won't be much longer before we will have this behind us one way or another. Interesting now that Russell Wilson is quitting football and going into acting as that throws another wrench into this NFL offseason.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
It's become a little tricky. I try to have a little patience, and give the post a chance to settle. It may seem like the post didn't go through, but it usually does in time.
On my laptop (chromebook) there is a moving bar under the search function that shows the post is being processed. Even it gives an error message, the post is usually included... you can hi-lite and copy your entire comment just in case

banned1976

sleeper mode
is there a scnerio were watson is not traded till 2023 even then i think he will have some trade value right ..????

were the texans are fine with him sitting for 2 years
This is the scenario where Watson isn't traded until 2023.

The only scenario now that I see for the Texans trading Watson and getting close to fair value for him would be if: 1) he settles with all plaintiffs against him; 2) goes on an extended media apology tour; and, 3) completes a treatment program.

If all the charges leveled against him are true, Watson probably has a hypersexuality disorder that requires treatment. A team willing to trade for him should want some reassurances he won't be a distraction to the team and that he has addressed his issues.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

The only scenario now that I see for the Texans trading Watson and getting close to fair value for him would be if: 1) he settles with all plaintiffs against him; 2) goes on an extended media apology tour; and, 3) completes a treatment program.

If all the charges leveled against him are true, Watson probably has a hypersexuality disorder that requires treatment. A team willing to trade for him should want some reassurances he won't be a distraction to the team and that he has addressed his issues.
Treat sex addicts?

LMAO

zshawn10

All Pro

Where do things stand with Deshaun Watson? I’m not gonna ask to comment on the legal stuffbecause that’s gonna work itself out. Do you still view Deshaun Watson as the starting QB of the Houston Texans and plan for him to be the starting QB for the Houston Texans week 1?

Like you said, the legal process is a separate entity. That’s a pretty active situation. We’ll leave that to the authorities. As it pertains to the team, we’re kinda day to day with everything, with everybody. From the beginning since I’ve taken the job to now, we’ve had a lot of change and there’s been a lot of activity. I suspect as we work towards the start of training camp and into the regular season, that we’ll continually have changes to the roster. What those look like, what that entails, we’re not sure. We’re just day to day, going through it one day at a time and trying to get ready for the next phase, which we think is the offseason program. That’s what I would say as it pertains to that situation.

You’ve said Deshaun is your QB and plan for Deshaun to be your QB. Do you still feel that way?

We’ll take it one day at a time. Everything is pretty fluid is here. We’ll adjust as we go. We’ll do what we feel is best for the Houston Texans organizationally.

So you’d be open to a trade?

Ultimately we’ll do what we feel is best for the organization.

Have you talked to him?

I don’t want to give any comment about what conversations have taken place with players. I’ve talked to a lot of different players. Those conversations are private and to remain between the respective parties and that’s out of respect to everybody involved.

You’ve had about 3 months in the building to set things up, hire a coach. The other thing that is a big topic of conversation down there is Jack Easterby. You and Jack go way back. You know him really well. Can you give me an idea of how his role flows into your role and kinda how Jack’s role has evolved now maybe that you’re in the building as the guy in charge of football operations?

I’ve known Jack a long time, probably longer than anybody in the building here in Houston. Jack is very gifted. He has a lot of great qualities. I can’t really speak to what happened in the past relative to his role. There’s a lot of people in a building. Everyone has an important job, an important responsibility. The way we’re set up organizationally, the way the McNair’s have granted me the responsibility to oversee all football decisions as it pertains to the roster and that’s working in conjunction with Coach Culley and his staff. The last two to three months have been indicative of that. We’ve had multiple meetings and conversations about our team, about perspective players we’re going to bring in and those conversations have been very beneficial and fruitful.

If you speak to anybody, a lot of players — some pretty good players through the years, Matthew Slater, Tom Brady, James White, David Andrews, the list goes on and on — Jack’s impact on our team and in the building was pretty significant. You’d find to a man how they feel about him. Jack’s an important part of what we’re doing. We should all be grateful he’s here. He has plenty of responsibility that he’s been given but as it pertains to football decision making, football roster building and those types of things, that’s the reason that I was brought in and that’s my responsibility and Jack has his role, just like a lot of other people do within the football department.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
At very least, it appears that Watson has some form of an addiction which includes sex. Understand that only ~5% of those with sex addiction recover from their addiction.

Here are some very telling statistics on this disorder. As it affects so many aspects of one's life, it is a tough problem to live with...........and an even a tougher one to overcome.:

39 Shocking Sexual Addiction Recovery Statistics

OptimisticTexan

Because you cant get your freak on with the Texans massage therapists.

Cant call DW4 S or dumb without being called a racist.
You are misconstruing that statement. Folks on this board jumped your arse when you mentioned Watson was too stupid or dumb (not sure I remember which one was used) to be an effective NFL QB.

I, on the other hand have been more than willing to apply some colorful language with liberal use of stupid and idiot when describing Watson and this current situation. It was only due to Watson having put himself in this situation.....never had one thing to do with his play in the game of football.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You are misconstruing that statement. Folks on this board jumped your arse when you mentioned Watson was too stupid or dumb (not sure I remember which one was used) to be an effective NFL QB.

I, on the other hand have been more than willing to apply some colorful language with liberal use of stupid and idiot when describing Watson and this current situation. It was only due to Watson having put himself in this situation.....never had one thing to do with his play in the game of football.
Make no mistake, although I shouldn't have called him stupid (Which I apologized for) The play I was talking about at the time wasn't a smart play. But that comment was in the heat of the moment in a gameday thread.

Bottom line is DW4 will be gone soon enough and that will be a good thing.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Make no mistake, although I shouldn't have called him stupid (Which I apologized for) The play I was talking about at the time wasn't a smart play. But that comment was in the heat of the moment in a gameday thread.

Bottom line is DW4 will be gone soon enough and that will be a good thing.
So when a player like Peyton Manning was making bad plays in his first four seasons, was you calling him stupid?

Every quarterback/players makes mistakes/ bad plays. Part of the game.

and yeah he’s out of here, but is it really a good thing? Nope, we’re back to square one ( looking for a franchise quarterback)

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So when a player like Peyton Manning was making bad plays in his first four seasons, was you calling him stupid?

Every quarterback/players makes mistakes/ bad plays. Part of the game.

and yeah he’s out of here, but is it really a good thing? Nope, we’re back to square one ( looking for a franchise quarterback)
I've called Schaub stupid during his pick 6 parade. For some of the throws he made.

You know my thoughts on DW4 before all of this crap broke. So yes, I will be glad when he's gone.

BTW, as I posted before I wouldn't draft any QB that had anything to do with Avery/Mulageta. So I'm out on Feilds.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Cant call DW4 S or dumb without being called a racist
You need to stop. He's been called dumb, stupid & a plethora of other things without ramifications in this very thread.

The situation you speak of is different & if you want to debate that, dig up one of those threads & argue it there.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You need to stop. He's been called dumb, stupid & a plethora of other things without ramifications in this very thread.

The situation you speak of is different & if you want to debate that, dig up one of those threads & argue it there.
Why?

It's ok for posters to give me hell, but when I give them back a fraction of what some gave me not surprisingly you make this post.

I guess what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander in your world.

Texansballer74

The Marine
I've called Schaub stupid during his pick 6 parade. For some of the throws he made.

You know my thoughts on DW4 before all of this crap broke. So yes, I will be glad when he's gone.

BTW, as I posted before I wouldn't draft any QB that had anything to do with Avery/Mulageta. So I'm out on Feilds.
You said Watson was stupid because he couldn't read a defense. Big difference

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Why?

It's ok for posters to give me hell, but when I give them back a fraction of what some gave me not surprisingly you make this post.

I guess what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander in your world.
I'm not on this board 24/7. I replied to your post crying about this crap as soon as I saw it. You weren't responding to someone giving you hell.

Secondly I'm not saying you can't cry about your feelings. I just said do it in another thread.

Third, after reading further I saw another topic developing & felt it needed to be moved regardless.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You said Watson was stupid because he couldn't read a defense. Big difference
I said he was stupid in the moment because he didn't read the defense on that play in that particular game correctly and that was in the heat of the moment. BTW, I still don't think DW4's what most around here think he is as far as an on the field product. Maybe now that he will be humbled he will reach his potential.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I'm not on this board 24/7. I replied to your post crying about this crap as soon as I saw it. You weren't responding to someone giving you hell.

Secondly I'm not saying you can't cry about your feelings. I just said do it in another thread.

Third, after reading further I saw another topic developing & felt it needed to be moved regardless.
Your the mod so you can do whatever you want to do.

I'm not crying, I'm entertaining myself giving the the fanboys a little bit of crap.

OptimisticTexan

I said he was stupid in the moment because he didn't read the defense on that play in that particular game correctly and that was in the heat of the moment. BTW, I still don't think DW4's what most around here think he is as far as an on the field product. Maybe now that he will be humbled he will reach his potential.
If Watson never really met your bar as an NFL QB.....is it safe to assume you'd be willing to write him off as a bust and take a RD4, RD6, and a couple of way over-priced veteran contracts from the blind GM who wanted to offer such a gracious package for him?

Me, I think NFL GM's view Watson in the same exact way (before he became an idiot in his personal life) as the majority on this board view him.....a "Franchise QB1" who could definitely lead their teams to the ultimate hip thrusting success (Pop, goes the wheezel).....a SB. Any GM willing to jump into the Watson Derby (before the mess) knew the cost of participation would be at minimum, 3-4 RD1 picks, additional picks, and a starter. Simply put, GM/Owners don't pay that kind of bounty for a QB1 they would be questioning in regards to his abilities on the field of play.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
If Watson never really met your bar as an NFL QB.....is it safe to assume you'd be willing to write him off as a bust and take a RD4, RD6, and a couple of way over-priced veteran contracts from the blind GM who wanted to offer such a gracious package for him?

Me, I think NFL GM's view Watson in the same exact way (before he became an idiot in his personal life) as the majority on this board view him.....a "Franchise QB1" who could definitely lead their teams to the ultimate hip thrusting success (Pop, goes the wheezel).....a SB. Any GM willing to jump into the Watson Derby (before the mess) knew the cost of participation would be at minimum, 3-4 RD1 picks, additional picks, and a starter. Simply put, GM/Owners don't pay that kind of bounty for a QB1 they would be questioning in regards to his abilities on the field of play.
Wrong

I just dont think Caserio will be able to get what he would've been able to get for DW4 before DW4's true character came out in the public. The Texans are going to have to pay for not moving DW4 earlier since they knew some of this crap was going on. I do believe they will have to hold onto DW4 this offseason and trade him in the 2022 offseason. I hope I'm wrong on this and they are able to trade him before the 2020 draft but I cant see DW4's legal issues being resolved before the draft. Being forced to wait until the 2022 draft to trade DW4 may actually work in Caserio's favor because the further DW4 gets from his issues and serves his suspension the more possible it might become to get more for him in trade. I wouldn't expect more than a 1st and a couple of 2's for DW4 at this point.

whodknee

Working Class Hero
Wrong

I just dont think Caserio will be able to get what he would've been able to get for DW4 before DW4's true character came out in the public. The Texans are going to have to pay for not moving DW4 earlier since they knew some of this crap was going on. I do believe they will have to hold onto DW4 this offseason and trade him in the 2022 offseason. I hope I'm wrong on this and they are able to trade him before the 2020 draft but I cant see DW4's legal issues being resolved before the draft. Being forced to wait until the 2022 draft to trade DW4 may actually work in Caserio's favor because the further DW4 gets from his issues and serves his suspension the more possible it might become to get more for him in trade. I wouldn't expect more than a 1st and a couple of 2's for DW4 at this point.
They should just wait till next year. Let this fade away

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Wrong

I think if another team is willing to trade for him, he still has value. In my mind, that’s as a starting QB in this league.

If he doesn’t go to jail I think the Texans should stay on track & hold him to what they agreed.

I understand some people are worried about the Texans image, wanting to put PR ahead of winning games.

I’d have played Ray Lewis, Kareem Hunt, & Ben Roethlisberger to win me a Super Bowl.

But that’s me.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I think if another team is willing to trade for him, he still has value. In my mind, that’s as a starting QB in this league.

If he doesn’t go to jail I think the Texans should stay on track & hold him to what they agreed.

I understand some people are worried about the Texans image, wanting to put PR ahead of winning games.

I’d have played Ray Lewis, Kareem Hunt, & Ben Roethlisberger to win me a Super Bowl.

But that’s me.
Gotta get out from under that contract.

Caserio will be taking out the trash as soon as he can.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG

Watson has some type of issue. Even if he is mostly innocent. That or no brain. He could have had a personal massage therapist since he was a rookie. The team would have been happy to give him one. Instead, he is stalking Instagram accounts for a massage therapist. Hooking up with multiple "therapists" that he is finding.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Watson has some type of issue. Even if he is mostly innocent. That or no brain. He could have had a personal massage therapist since he was a rookie. The team would have been happy to give him one. Instead, he is stalking Instagram accounts for a massage therapist. Hooking up with multiple "therapists" that he is finding.
Or both

If we're being honest, we all know what he was doing.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Or both

If we're being honest, we all know what he was doing.
Yes, after all his GF is an Instagram model. I think he was testing out Instagram as a dating site and happened to find one that he didn't want for just a hook up. However, he got too caught up in it. And he probably over tested the waters because it was too easy to get with girls because of who he is. Along with the fact that he has some type of problem

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Most everybody at this time admits they have no idea what will eventually happen to Deshawn Watson other than he won' be playing football for the Texans again.
On the other hand one thing that most do agree on is that if he's eventually traded by the Texans to another team, it won't happen anytime in the near future, specifically before the NFL Draft which is at the end of this month.
Hold on there, because Profootballtalks Mike Florio wonders if there is a possibility he could still be moved before the Draft ? He dosen't deny it would be a long shot but here's a scenario he thinks could play out no matter how unlikley.
Florio is a former lawyer who knows something about how these negotiations between the Plaintiffs & Defendants attorneys work.
He says Buzzbutt is fully aware of how badly Watson & the Texans want this whole matte resolved ASAP, and Buzzbutt knows therefor that he and his clients would have maximum leverage in the remaining weeks of April leading up to the Draft. Florio says he could see Buzzbutt
presenting the defendant with an offer, certainly would be a very, very big number, to have a resolution to the whole matter.
Far fetched ? I dunno, but probably. And plus we know Florios job is to be provocative to keep the viewers/listeners tuned in, and this is his field, the intersection of NFL football and the law. Whatever ?

badboy

Hall of Fame
Most everybody at this time admits they have no idea what will eventually happen to Deshawn Watson other than he won' be playing football for the Texans again.
On the other hand one thing that most do agree on is that if he's eventually traded by the Texans to another team, it won't happen anytime in the near future, specifically before the NFL Draft which is at the end of this month.
Hold on there, because Profootballtalks Mike Florio wonders if there is a possibility he could still be moved before the Draft ? He dosen't deny it would be a long shot but here's a scenario he thinks could play out no matter how unlikley.
Florio is a former lawyer who knows something about how these negotiations between the Plaintiffs & Defendants attorneys work.
He says Buzzbutt is fully aware of how badly Watson & the Texans want this whole matte resolved ASAP, and Buzzbutt knows therefor that he and his clients would have maximum leverage in the remaining weeks of April leading up to the Draft. Florio says he could see Buzzbutt
presenting the defendant with an offer, certainly would be a very, very big number, to have a resolution to the whole matter.
Far fetched ? I dunno, but probably. And plus we know Florios job is to be provocative to keep the viewers/listeners tuned in, and this is his field, the intersection of NFL football and the law. Whatever ?
If it's truly not about the money then there's no reason to settle until the women get what they want. I'm not sure what that is? Apology? I do think that a dollar amount can resolve part of the issue. If some or all want Justice in the criminal system they need to go that direction now.
I have to believe that Rusty Hardin has asked Busby for the bottom line to make this go away. As others have mentioned, I'm thinking DeShaun Watson is the holdup.

theCATALYST

Football Messiah
Any like minded individuals here think that Watson is going to remain a Houston Texan for the remainder of his career? With the damage done and the publicized "Let Watson learn his lesson" coming from his own camp, it is easy for me to see Watson turning his back on his camp and looking to the Texans for support. I am beginning to think with DW4's trade value plummeting, Taylor may just be a stop gap QB while Watson deals with his legal issues and possible suspension. When he is cleared to play, I believe it will be in a Texans uni.

Watson and the Texans will walk off into the sunset together having wronged each other and survived.

On a side note. I think the Culley offense could fit Watson very well, and a Tandem of Watson (starter) and Taylor (backup) could be a good one.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Why would another team trade for Watson?