Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Should we trade Watson?

Should we trade Watson?

• Yes, without a doubt.

• Yes, depending on compensation (please list your trade scenario).

• No, never.

• No, unless he plays hardball and sits.

Results are only viewable after voting.
All’s I know, when he was in New England with sensible people telling him what to do, everybody loved him. But in Houston, with Cal telling him what to do, the world’s done lost their mind.

Thanks for the straightforward answers. If a guy is getting involved in a player's personal life and is also involved in contract negotiations. At some point, wouldn't that lead to conflicts of interest?
What could such a person do in 18 months that would make the franchise QB (who just signed a $160M deal) this upset?

If Watson remains with the Texans......does no one think that Caserio and Watson are incapable of sitting down and re-structuring his contract by adding additional years and lowering the annual cap hit in the process? By the way, this wouldn't be a first time move since many QB's and higher paid position players have been willing to play ball with their teams in order to keep them competitive. I believe Watson would do the same thing if the organization is moving in the right direction.

Could be he will, though his recent actions have made me question a lot of things about him, but that’s not the point at all. The only point I have ever been trying to make is that it has a team has never won with a QB making the lion’s share of the cap. I’ve not said it can’t be done, I’ve not said it won’t be done I’ve simply said it’s never been done yet some on here seem to take that as a knock on Watson.

But as @Corrosion said some on here take saying his farts smell bad as a knock on Watson.

If Watson remains with the Texans......does no one think that Caserio and Watson are incapable of sitting down and re-structuring his contract by adding additional years and lowering the annual cap hit in the process? By the way, this wouldn't be a first time move since many QB's and higher paid position players have been willing to play ball with their teams in order to keep them competitive. I believe Watson would do the same thing if the organization is moving in the right direction.

What makes you think that other than fandom. It's obvious he doesn't want to be here unless Cuck placates his every wish.

Which QB's have restructured to under 13.2%?

I thought that was the GM's job not the HC's job.

What weapons do you want to be brought in? He set career highs last yr.
So a HC doesn't get to pick his OC?
Do you think our running game was good enough? Do you think a true #1 receiver (team) would be a good idea?

QB's in the last 10 years to hit or exceed 15% of the cap..

15percent.png
What was Russell Wilson's cap percentage when he tossed the ball to Malcolm Butler?

so yall are like draft a rookie qb keep him for 5 years and never pay him draft another qb year 5 rinse and repete ..???

has any team been doing that recently ..????

u wanna win a bunch of SB i guess mimic what brady did thats something hes not on that list what was his cap hit for the past like 15 years ..???

The Chiefs have structured Mahomes contract where they will have a good chance at winning a SB for the next 3 yrs. 7 yrs in total from his rookie yr, then Mahomes contract will be a cap killer but still a nice long run. If anybody can break the long trend it will be generational talents like Mahomes or Rodgers.

So a HC doesn't get to pick his OC?
Do you think our running game was good enough? Do you think a true #1 receiver (team) would be a good idea?

The HC will most likely get to pick his OC.

They do need to add a RB or 2, but I think a new OL coach is going to be the biggest chance for improvement.

He threw for the most yds he's ever thrown for, so yes a #1 WR would be nice but not a necessity. There are far more pressing needs than a WR1.

Thanks. I tried that twice just FYI. IIRC we had same issue when you upgraded before. Good to hear that we're going to a new server. Thanks again hook for all you do!

The old server was outdated and could no longer be updated hence the move. I probably will need to purchase the upgrade to the latest version of Xenforo. I think that’s what fixed things last time.

The Chiefs have structured Mahomes contract where they will have a good chance at winning a SB for the next 3 yrs. 7 yrs in total from his rookie yr, then Mahomes contract will be a cap killer but still a nice long run. If anybody can break the long trend it will be generational talents like Mahomes or Rodgers.

Mahomes 2022 cap hit is 31.450M and Watson's is 40.400M. In 2023 Mahomes will be 42.350M and Watson's 42.400M......when does either of their contracts over the next 2 seasons go below the 13.2% marker? If Mahomes doesn't win this season he's absolutely done in regards to ever seeing another SB from the field of play. If he doesn't make it this year, he'll have been to 1 SB and won it. Looks like another Marino career in the making.....only his numbers could take a big hit when the Chiefs can no longer afford premium talent when his contract is hitting the 50M+ annually.

Last edited:
I think that everything points to Janice as the real problem with the organization at the moment and her wanting input, but the only input she wants regards her moral leanings. Thus the Easterby problem. Seems like Easterby’s role morphed into tattle tale, which isn’t really his fault – it’s something the McNairs obviously wanted by the way that he’s still employed. Mama wants her Christian stamp on the team and that’s not a way to run a football team. What can Cal do? It’s mama’s team. The best chance for fixing the goofiness is Watson putting his foot down. Maybe Watson will give Cal the ammo he needs to convince her that she needs to butt out. All of this assumes that Cal would run the team differently without mom and that’s not even a safe bet. It’s a mess that’s best resolved with new ownership, but Watson’s demands are the best hope of fixing things short of that. A strong head coach that starts getting results will go a long ways to fixing things as well, but it seems likely that there’s always going to be goofy things like the Hopkins trade unless ownership changes the way they operate.

The list seemingly is very agent-driven. Jets and Dolphins both have young but underperforming QBs to sell, high-draft picks, and multiple first-rounders. Still, the Jets and Dolphins are franchises with their own dysfunctions and located in AFC where you have Mahomes, Allen, Lamar as players around your age that could be with their organization forever. If winning it a SuperBowl is the priority I getting to the NFC where the young guns are less daunting IMO, "Murray, Dak, Goff, Wentz"

2022 is going to be worse than 2021. As bad as the cap situation is in 2021 it is worse in 2022. 2021 and 2022 teams will be a mere shadow of the 4-12 2020 team. Plus building through the draft has been seriously compromised. Compounded by free agents being reluctant to come to the hell hole known as the Houston Texans. Now you're at a point where you're expecting Cal, Caserio and Easterby to make the Texans competitive by 2023 or 2024, good luck with that.
Pure speculation on your part.

The list seemingly is very agent-driven. Jets and Dolphins both have young but underperforming QBs to sell, high-draft picks, and multiple first-rounders. Still, the Jets and Dolphins are franchises with their own dysfunctions and located in AFC where you have Mahomes, Allen, Lamar as players around your age that could be with their organization forever. If winning it a SuperBowl is the priority I getting to the NFC where the young guns are less daunting IMO, "Murray, Dak, Goff, Wentz"
DW4 believes he can win anywhere and I agree he gives any team a decent shot at winning. So "IF" he wants to leave then maybe he's saying why be in a sucky organization whom you don't trust vs just a sucky organization or a larger market.

Mama wants her Christian stamp on the team and that’s not a way to run a football team.
That’s absurd. If anything it’s the misapplication of a “Christian stamp” that hurts this team. Something like Mercilus’ contract when it obviously was awarded based on on-field performance.

It’s a mess that’s best resolved with new ownership, but Watson’s demands are the best hope of fixing things short of that.

We don’t even know what Watson’s demands are. What if he wants Easterby & his oneness movement out & a more Baptist flavor brought in.

Maybe he wanted a black GM & black HC

Maybe he wants complete control of the 53 man roster.

That’s absurd.
Then why is Hopkins gone?

If anything it’s the misapplication of a “Christian stamp” that hurts this team.
Of course it's a misapplication -- that's why I said that it's no way to run a team.

We don’t even know what Watson’s demands are. What if he wants Easterby & his oneness movement out & a more Baptist flavor brought in.

Maybe he wanted a black GM & black HC

Maybe he wants complete control of the 53 man roster.
Call it Watson's 'situation' instead of demands then. My point stands that what Watson's 'situation' is doing is the best hope to have Janice stop meddling which Easterby is simply an extension of.

I'm not so sure winning the Super Bowl is the priority that it is being made out to be.

I'm not so sure winning the Super Bowl is the priority that it is being made out to be.

I have waited to post and I know hitching my post to Texian is dangerous, but this is a crucial comment. I have expressed with you gentlemen that I worked closely with an NFL agent in the past. So this is coming from my experience and wheelhouse. Watson’s agent is 100% driving this narrative and fueling Watson’s anger. Is Watson angry. Yes. Does he have a right to be, debatable depending on the party, but I believe yes. Should Texans bow? Depends on the haul, because Watson’s agent is being difficult to work with.

Mulugheta is the new breed of super agent. He pulled this same maneuver with Jacksonville and Ramsey and got the goods delivered to...LA. Marketing/Endorsements/Lifestyle for his client, Ramsey, and what Ramsey wanted.

Watson wants additional Marketing/Endorsements/Lifestyle because he believes he is both as good if not better than Lamar and Mahomes. He should, that is what great QBs should believe. Where will he find that? LA, NY, Miami.

Who has the collateral this one year to make it happen. NYJ and Miami. Why is his agent really pushing this now?

Additionally, his marketing agent is Bryan Burney formerly of Roc Nation based in NYC. That is who individuals are attributing all of the Jets and Jets green comments to.

Where is Athletes First (Watson’s agents agency), Burney and Mulugheta located/based. NYC and LA.

I enjoy Watson and his talents. I hope the Texans can salvage the relationship. His surrounding professional group thinks otherwise. This is a tough situation.

I will enjoy the meltdown and commotion that this post may inspire, but please remember we are all Texans fans.

JWL

I think that everything points to Janice as the real problem with the organization at the moment and her wanting input, but the only input she wants regards her moral leanings. Thus the Easterby problem. Seems like Easterby’s role morphed into tattle tale, which isn’t really his fault – it’s something the McNairs obviously wanted by the way that he’s still employed. Mama wants her Christian stamp on the team and that’s not a way to run a football team. What can Cal do? It’s mama’s team. The best chance for fixing the goofiness is Watson putting his foot down. Maybe Watson will give Cal the ammo he needs to convince her that she needs to butt out. All of this assumes that Cal would run the team differently without mom and that’s not even a safe bet. It’s a mess that’s best resolved with new ownership, but Watson’s demands are the best hope of fixing things short of that. A strong head coach that starts getting res
ults will go a long ways to fixing things as well, but it seems likely that there’s always going to be goofy things like the Hopkins trade unless ownership changes the way they operate.

I've been saying this since 2010.

There will be no championships

I will enjoy the meltdown and commotion that this post may inspire, but please remember we are all Texans fans.
Agents are the worst. Still, the door to this dysfunction was opened by the Texans manangement. Sure, the agent is attempting to take advantage. That's his job. But, this would not be happening without the chaos on Kirby.

2022 is going to be worse than 2021. As bad as the cap situation is in 2021 it is worse in 2022. 2021 and 2022 teams will be a mere shadow of the 4-12 2020 team. Plus building through the draft has been seriously compromised. Compounded by free agents being reluctant to come to the hell hole known as the Houston Texans. Now you're at a point where you're expecting Cal, Caserio and Easterby to make the Texans competitive by 2023 or 2024, good luck with that.

This is why they need to trade DW4 and eat all of the bad contracts they can next season. Use the bounty off of the DW4 trade and the high draft picks you will have because you're going to suck in 2021 to rebuild the team. Otherwise then They're only spinning their wheels. But hey keeping Cuck will allow DW4 to keep cashin those checks and that's what this is really all about. Very Bud Adams like.

Last edited:
DW4 believes he can win anywhere and I agree he gives any team a decent shot at winning. So "IF" he wants to leave then maybe he's saying why be in a sucky organization whom you don't trust vs just a sucky organization or a larger market.

Believing you can win anywhere and setting up a strategy to give yourself the best chance of winning is different even if somewhat related. The Jets and dolphins read closer these are the teams that can put together a realistic trade package easiest, what's your preference.

Then why is Hopkins gone?

first, there’s no “Christian stamp” that says Hopkins can’t be on a football team.

Besides, our passing stats were as good as they’ve always been, so it’s hard to see “Hopkins gone” as a mistake. It’s not like he made the Cardinals better.

The problem was what we got in return & that had nothing to do with any “Christian stamp”

Call it Watson's 'situation' instead of demands then. My point stands that what Watson's 'situation' is doing is the best hope to have Janice stop meddling which Easterby is simply an extension of.
No. The best hope is for Cal to hire football people & let them do their job. For all we know Watson is putting his own “Christian stamp” or “SJW stamp” on the organization & that’s not going to make anything better.

Agents are the worst. Still, the door to this dysfunction was opened by the Texans manangement. Sure, the agent is attempting to take advantage. That's his job. But, this would not be happening without the chaos on Kirby.

The chaos to me is overblown but it’s overblown because Cal can’t get out of his own way. He shouldn’t have hired Korn Ferry in the first place, since they delivered BOB the last time. He should have been transparent and said NC is my guy. He should also say that Jack is an integral part of his circle, like it or not. He bumbles around the truth and we all see it.

With that said, I’m considering taking my talents to Houston in short order after wrapping up my JD/MBA at Mr. Bob McNair’s alma mater. Miami and New York are also on my short list. Same reasons as Watson. Only I was born in Houston and want to bring glory to my city. Shame it’s not the Oilers still. I just don’t know if I want to risk my livelihood and family in Houston with the Texans currently. Do you blame me? Prayers welcome on that outcome. All jokes aside. Appreciate every member here. Always interesting, through the ups and downs.

So if something doesn’t happen 26 times in a row it can never happen? Once a bar is set it can’t be overcome?

If you were in Vegas would you bet your home on it changing even if Rodgers happens to break the streak it will be an anomaly.

Back