Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Should we trade Watson?

Should we trade Watson?

• Yes, without a doubt.

• Yes, depending on compensation (please list your trade scenario).

• No, never.

• No, unless he plays hardball and sits.

Results are only viewable after voting.
So if something doesn’t happen 26 times in a row it can never happen? Once a bar is set it can’t be overcome?

If you were in Vegas would you bet your home on it changing even if Rodgers happens to break the streak it will be an anomaly. Refusing to learn from history means you will make bad decisions. I guess you like the Jags to win the SB next yr, because no team that's finished with the worst record in the NFL has ever won a SB the next yr. But hey, it could possibly happen.

first, there’s no “Christian stamp” that says Hopkins can’t be on a football team.

Besides, our passing stats were as good as they’ve always been, so it’s hard to see “Hopkins gone” as a mistake. It’s not like he made the Cardinals better.

The problem was what we got in return & that had nothing to do with any “Christian stamp”

No. The best hope is for Cal to hire football people & let them do their job. For all we know Watson is putting his own “Christian stamp” or “SJW stamp” on the organization & that’s not going to make anything better.
Seems like you have a problem with my wording 'Christian stamp'. Call it what you want but when coaches are bringing up God in their interviews with us, it's an issue. Whatever you want to call that issue, it's what's behind all of the mess going on and Janice is behind it all.

Nope, Manning took a salary cut before the season started. His base salary was reduced from 19 million to 15 million and then there was 2.5 in bonuses for a total of 17.5 wich is 12.2% of the cap.

I dont get why people are arguing about this. The math is the math and you can spin it anyway you want but its still fact.
They would rather keep DW4 and not acknowledge the truth. Even if Lucky was correct (Obviously he's not) he would rather debate over 12.3 and 12.6 % just to prove in some weird way that he's right. Meanwhile he's totally choosing to ignore the point that's been made. SMH

You think someone could logically conclude it was performance based, or that the Texans are that bad at valuing performance?
Huh? The Texans are that bad at valuing performance. Mercilus was an O'Brien guy. A "good teammate". That's why he got re-upped, and Hopkins and Reader hit the road.

The old server was outdated and could no longer be updated hence the move. I probably will need to purchase the upgrade to the latest version of Xenforo. I think that’s what fixed things last time.
Do you need help financially? I'm sure some of the members here would love to pitch in.
I have waited to post and I know hitching my post to Texian is dangerous, but this is a crucial comment. I have expressed with you gentlemen that I worked closely with an NFL agent in the past. So this is coming from my experience and wheelhouse. Watson’s agent is 100% driving this narrative and fueling Watson’s anger. Is Watson angry. Yes. Does he have a right to be, debatable depending on the party, but I believe yes. Should Texans bow? Depends on the haul, because Watson’s agent is being difficult to work with.

Mulugheta is the new breed of super agent. He pulled this same maneuver with Jacksonville and Ramsey and got the goods delivered to...LA. Marketing/Endorsements/Lifestyle for his client, Ramsey, and what Ramsey wanted.

Watson wants additional Marketing/Endorsements/Lifestyle because he believes he is both as good if not better than Lamar and Mahomes. He should, that is what great QBs should believe. Where will he find that? LA, NY, Miami.

Who has the collateral this one year to make it happen. NYJ and Miami. Why is his agent really pushing this now?

Additionally, his marketing agent is Bryan Burney formerly of Roc Nation based in NYC. That is who individuals are attributing all of the Jets and Jets green comments to.

Where is Athletes First (Watson’s agents agency), Burney and Mulugheta located/based. NYC and LA.

I enjoy Watson and his talents. I hope the Texans can salvage the relationship. His surrounding professional group thinks otherwise. This is a tough situation.

I will enjoy the meltdown and commotion that this post may inspire, but please remember we are all Texans fans.

JWL
Nailed it.
Quoted for truth.

I'm sorry. I don't know why that double posted. Its not like I made some profound statement that necessitated duplication.

I have waited to post and I know hitching my post to Texian is dangerous, but this is a crucial comment. I have expressed with you gentlemen that I worked closely with an NFL agent in the past. So this is coming from my experience and wheelhouse. Watson’s agent is 100% driving this narrative and fueling Watson’s anger. Is Watson angry. Yes. Does he have a right to be, debatable depending on the party, but I believe yes. Should Texans bow? Depends on the haul, because Watson’s agent is being difficult to work with.

Mulugheta is the new breed of super agent. He pulled this same maneuver with Jacksonville and Ramsey and got the goods delivered to...LA. Marketing/Endorsements/Lifestyle for his client, Ramsey, and what Ramsey wanted.

Watson wants additional Marketing/Endorsements/Lifestyle because he believes he is both as good if not better than Lamar and Mahomes. He should, that is what great QBs should believe. Where will he find that? LA, NY, Miami.

Who has the collateral this one year to make it happen. NYJ and Miami. Why is his agent really pushing this now?

Additionally, his marketing agent is Bryan Burney formerly of Roc Nation based in NYC. That is who individuals are attributing all of the Jets and Jets green comments to.

Where is Athletes First (Watson’s agents agency), Burney and Mulugheta located/based. NYC and LA.

I enjoy Watson and his talents. I hope the Texans can salvage the relationship. His surrounding professional group thinks otherwise. This is a tough situation.

I will enjoy the meltdown and commotion that this post may inspire, but please remember we are all Texans fans.

JWL

His agents are definitely pulling the strings. I doubt the relationship can be salvaged. The well has already been poisoned by the agents. DW4 got paidand his new GF wants to have a modeling career. What better place to do that than in NYC. Bottom line for me is Cuck should go to DW4's agent and tell him he will trade DW4 if the agent can talk either NJJ/Dolphins into giving them XYZ in trade and if the agent cant make it happen then DW4 will be sitting his azz in H-Town.

Time for Cuck's nuts to drop. Do I think this will happen? Not a chance with Cuck running the show.

Seems like you have a problem with my wording 'Christian stamp'. Call it what you want but when coaches are bringing up God in their interviews with us, it's an issue. Whatever you want to call that issue, it's what's behind all of the mess going on and Janice is behind it all.
I don’t think so. The Colts are very similar. One of the reasons Eberflus should appeal to the Texans, but he’s most likely not going to get hired.

Watson is making his way out of Houston. It has nothing to do with the Texans & their value on character, religion, or any such thing.

Stop. Think about what I am saying. We don’t know what Watson is thinking. He hasn’t said anything coherent since the end of the season. What we have is the media speculating on speculation & honestly that has some how become truth.

The point I made was that you don't know what you're talking about, in this regard. You have no idea how this argument was derived. You just know that it fits with your narrative.
It’s funny how one guy said one thing one time, then this guy repeats it a million times. As if he knows, because he did the research.

The point I made was that you don't know what you're talking about, in this regard. You have no idea how this argument was derived. You just know that it fits with your narrative.

Nice diversion.

Truth is the truth, I think you're underestimating my ability to 1. Read 2. Understand numbers.

But this really isn;t surprising from a man who obviously thinks he's the smartest man in the room and is willing to try to prove it over .003% which not so coincidently was incorrect.

His agents are definitely pulling the strings. I doubt the relationship can be salvaged. The well has already been poisoned by the agents. DW4 got paidand his new GF wants to have a modeling career. What better place to do that than in NYC. Bottom line for me is Cuck should go to DW4's agent and tell him he will trade DW4 if the agent can talk either NJJ/Dolphins into giving them XYZ in trade and if the agent cant make it happen then DW4 will be sitting his azz in H-Town.

Time for Cuck's nuts to drop. Do I think this will happen? Not a chance with Cuck running the show.

Look, I completely understand the disdain, but let’s give Cal some slack because he’s only 2 years into this.

I believe NC will be ruthless because...Patriots way. I am thrilled we have an actual FO now. Just one person can make that much difference. Put me in NC’s chair or BOb chair 1-2 years ago through the Hopkins ordeal, through free agency, through extensions and I promise you the Texans roster looks completely different. Cal did the best thing he could do and he actually said it out loud. I hired football people. Football people will make football decisions. Jack Easterby isn’t a football guy in that sense. He is out of those decisions now.
NC is a football guy, like the way he got here or not. He will trade Watson if it makes sense for Houston. He will think about 4-5-6 years down the road because he has 5 million a year (unless Lamonte outmaneuvered Cal’s lawyers and got a great buyout) riding on it. A 6 year deal mean he thinks about 1-2 years past the current season plus the current season.

If this happened last off-season, we may have been screwed for 20 years. Now it is just 1-2 years of trash. We will be competitive in 2022 or 2023 with or without Watson. I actually do believe that.

Nice diversion.

Truth is the truth, I think you're underestimating my ability to 1. Read 2. Understand numbers.

But this really isn;t surprising from a man who obviously thinks he's the smartest man in the room and is willing to try to prove it over .003% which not so coincidently was incorrect.

The argument is valid Steel. I’ve looked at all of those percentages 100 times. You are right. And the argument is easily disputed as well because if you take away Murray’s contract or Cobb’s contract you will fall below that threshold you speak of for a large QB contract + 1. Replace one high priced Vet with a rookie or UDFA and that problem is solved. First round QB and his contract with a high priced roster or high priced QB with smart money and contributions from rookies are both viable, if a front office executes.

I don’t think so. The Colts are very similar. One of the reasons Eberflus should appeal to the Texans, but he’s most likely not going to get hired.

Watson is making his way out of Houston. It has nothing to do with the Texans & their value on character, religion, or any such thing.

Stop. Think about what I am saying. We don’t know what Watson is thinking. He hasn’t said anything coherent since the end of the season. What we have is the media speculating on speculation & honestly that has some how become truth.
Take Watson out of it. When did all the stupid start with this organization (above and beyond stupid, not normal stupid)? The answer? When Janice got a voice. Easterby's climb doesn't happen if Bob McNair is still around. And Easerby's climb doesn't happen without his faith and Janice taking comfort in that. Watson wants out because of the stupid.

I think that everything points to Janice as the real problem with the organization at the moment and her wanting input, but the only input she wants regards her moral leanings. Thus the Easterby problem. Seems like Easterby’s role morphed into tattle tale, which isn’t really his fault – it’s something the McNairs obviously wanted by the way that he’s still employed. Mama wants her Christian stamp on the team and that’s not a way to run a football team. What can Cal do? It’s mama’s team. The best chance for fixing the goofiness is Watson putting his foot down. Maybe Watson will give Cal the ammo he needs to convince her that she needs to butt out. All of this assumes that Cal would run the team differently without mom and that’s not even a safe bet. It’s a mess that’s best resolved with new ownership, but Watson’s demands are the best hope of fixing things short of that. A strong head coach that starts getting results will go a long ways to fixing things as well, but it seems likely that there’s always going to be goofy things like the Hopkins trade unless ownership changes the way they operate.
Or it could be that Easterby was seen as a good path to bring Nick Caserio To Houston. He did that. He tried to expand his role and authority and We have been told that he is being sent back behind the curtain. If he is not allowed to make any more football decisions I think most of us would be okay with that. As far as Mrs McNair, she made a decision to bring easterby on , he went outside of the boundaries and has been brought back in. Is she operating as quickly or exactly as I want her to? No but she is correcting mistakes. I think like many parents, specifically moms with sons, she allowed Cal To have a little too much rope. l am hoping she is going to shorten the reins and GM and new HC may nudge Cal out of sight with Easterby.

repeat

Last edited:
I think that everything points to Janice as the real problem with the organization at the moment and her wanting input, but the only input she wants regards her moral leanings. Thus the Easterby problem. Seems like Easterby’s role morphed into tattle tale, which isn’t really his fault – it’s something the McNairs obviously wanted by the way that he’s still employed. Mama wants her Christian stamp on the team and that’s not a way to run a football team. What can Cal do? It’s mama’s team. The best chance for fixing the goofiness is Watson putting his foot down. Maybe Watson will give Cal the ammo he needs to convince her that she needs to butt out. All of this assumes that Cal would run the team differently without mom and that’s not even a safe bet. It’s a mess that’s best resolved with new ownership, but Watson’s demands are the best hope of fixing things short of that. A strong head coach that starts getting results will go a long ways to fixing things as well, but it seems likely that there’s always going to be goofy things like the Hopkins trade unless ownership changes the way they operate.
Or it could be that Easterby was seen as a good path to bring Nick Caserio To Houston. He did that. He tried to expand his role and authority and We have been told that he is being sent back behind the curtain. If he is not allowed to make any more football decisions I think most of us would be okay with that. As far as Mrs McNair, she made a decision to bring easterby on , he went outside of the boundaries and has been brought back in. Is she operating as quickly or exactly as I want her to? No but she is correcting mistakes. I think like many parents, specifically moms with sons, she allowed Cal To have a little too much rope. l am hoping she is going to shorten the reins and GM and new HC may nudge Cal out of sight with Easterby.

Take Watson out of it. When did all the stupid start with this organization (above and beyond stupid, not normal stupid)? The answer? When Janice got a voice. Easterby's climb doesn't happen if Bob McNair is still around. And Easerby's climb doesn't happen without his faith and Janice taking comfort in that. Watson wants out because of the stupid.

Easterby listened to Mr. McNair speak at South Carolina and met Mr. McNair at the same event. If anything, I believe Jack would be right where he is if Mr. McNair was still alive. The South Carolina community works very closely and has high regard for one another. Maybe Mr. McNair would have been more weary, but due to his faith and background, I highly doubt it.

Look, I completely understand the disdain, but let’s give Cal some slack because he’s only 2 years into this.

I believe NC will be ruthless because...Patriots way. I am thrilled we have an actual FO now. Just one person can make that much difference. Put me in NC’s chair or BOb chair 1-2 years ago through the Hopkins ordeal, through free agency, through extensions and I promise you the Texans roster looks completely different. Cal did the best thing he could do and he actually said it out loud. I hired football people. Football people will make football decisions. Jack Easterby isn’t a football guy in that sense. He is out of those decisions now.
NC is a football guy, like the way he got here or not. He will trade Watson if it makes sense for Houston. He will think about 4-5-6 years down the road because he has 5 million a year (unless Lamonte outmaneuvered Cal’s lawyers and got a great buyout) riding on it. A 6 year deal mean he thinks about 1-2 years past the current season plus the current season.

If this happened last off-season, we may have been screwed for 20 years. Now it is just 1-2 years of trash. We will be competitive in 2022 or 2023 with or without Watson. I actually do believe that.

Love your optimism. Hopefully Cuck learned he doesn't know what he doesn't know and he can help keep Janice out of the decision making process.

I absolutely love the NC hire if Cal will let him have a free hand in who he brings in, in the draft/FA and there's none of this Not Texans Worthy BS.

NC is in a tough spot, no high draft picks and over the cap. Next yr is going to be a bad yr with or without DW4. Speaking of DW4 do you think Cuck will actually let NC trade DW4? That's Cuck's meal ticket. Hopefully DM will help force Cuck to trade DW4 so a full rebuild that needed to happen yrs ago can get started. Time to flush the toilet and begin anew. Open up as much cap space as possible for the 2022 season and add as many draft picks as possible through trade. No one should be off the table in trade talks. This is the price to be paid for the last 6-8 yrs of mismanagement.

I think the biggest reason we’re a laughing stock is because we can’t find a way to work things out without players leaving the organization.

The Texans will never sit at the big table if they can’t resolve these conflicts with players

Gotta build a new culture and that starts with clearing the deck and getting new players.

The argument is valid Steel. I’ve looked at all of those percentages 100 times. You are right. And the argument is easily disputed as well because if you take away Murray’s contract or Cobb’s contract you will fall below that threshold you speak of for a large QB contract + 1. Replace one high priced Vet with a rookie or UDFA and that problem is solved. First round QB and his contract with a high priced roster or high priced QB with smart money and contributions from rookies are both viable, if a front office executes.
Exactly!! Thank you. Everyone who pushes the threshold theory conveniently ignores your point. Also, if a team is making idiotic contract decisions like Mercilus, Cobb, Murray and even Martin and not getting performance relative to salary, they are not winning a Super Bowl. Regardless if the QB is above or below SteelB's magical threshold.

Easterby listened to Mr. McNair speak at South Carolina and met Mr. McNair at the same event. If anything, I believe Jack would be right where he is if Mr. McNair was still alive. The South Carolina community works very closely and has high regard for one another. Maybe Mr. McNair would have been more weary, but due to his faith and background, I highly doubt it.
I'm not saying that Easterby wouldn't be employed by the team if Bob McNair was around. Just that he wouldn't have been able to influence things to the degree that allowed the level of stupid that occurred with Bob gone. It's debatable of course, but I don't think Bob gets duped like Janice did. I think Easterby could have been a good thing for the team like he was in NE if they kept him in his lane.

And Easerby's climb doesn't happen without his faith and Janice taking comfort in that.
You don’t know if Janice has ever met the man.

Watson wants out because of the stupid.
Again, I wish I knew what Watson wants & why. But NYJets & Miami at the top of his list. if that’s even true, makes no sense if he wants to get away from poorly run organizations.

When did all the stupid start with this organization (above and beyond stupid, not just normal stupid)? The answer?
When Rick left, it got increasingly worse. Clowney trade was the first doozy. Are we blaming Easterby for that?

Believing you can win anywhere and setting up a strategy to give yourself the best chance of winning is different even if somewhat related. The Jets and dolphins read closer these are the teams that can put together a realistic trade package easiest, what's your preference.
TBH, I'm starting to get agitated at this fiasco. Even if the agent is behind all this, DW hasn't shut it down so he must at least approve of the agent's scheme. If he wants to go then get his arse out but it better be for a king's ransom otherwise he can play or sit (pay back some of that $$$).

The best way to convince everyone that Easterby wouldn't go 'outside of the boundaries' again would be to let him go. Ownership is over their head.

I think the biggest reason we’re a laughing stock is because we can’t find a way to work things out without players leaving the organization.

The Texans will never sit at the big table if they can’t resolve these conflicts with players

He's the one who wants to leave regardless.

If he wants differently then maybe he should come out publicly and say so.

this is what I have been saying that a trade of Watson and some of the other vets not only clear up salary cap issues but bringing new fresh blood at needed positions that we probably couldn't get with DeShaun remaining as quarterback. Cesario is supposed to be good at draft , working contract for cap benefits and hopefully bringing in Free agents.

I think Cal is turning out to be so bad that he might be able to do the unthinkable - somehow be so inept and revolting that the Texas games don’t sell out anymore. I wouldn’t be surprised. Mark my words, we will never be a real contender with doofus Cal as our owner.

You don’t know if Janice has ever met the man.

Again, I wish I knew what Watson wants & why. But NYJets & Miami at the top of his list. if that’s even true, makes no sense if he wants to get away from poorly run organizations.

When Rick left, it got increasingly worse. Clowney trade was the first doozy. Are we blaming Easterby for that?
It's all a theory but it makes the most sense to me. Clowney trade falls in the category of regular stupid for me. Above and beyond stupid started after that.

It's all a theory but it makes the most sense to me. Clowney trade falls in the category of regular stupid for me. Above and beyond stupid started after that.

beyond stupid, trading Hopkins... I agree

beyond stupid hiring Korn Ferry... eh, that’s what daddy did

beyond stupid... hire Caserio... I like that one

beyond stupid... not interview Bieniemy... couldn’t hire him sir six weeks at least anyway. Stupid probably so, beyond... not so much.

Am I missing any beyond stupid moves?

Agreed, but you've gotta stay under the number. The reason SB teams with QB's on their rookie deals like Mahomes/Wilson/Foles etc... have a better chance to win a SB is because the other guys can be higher paid vets that have been around block and better backups at key positions. Otherwise you have to go with young guys/rookies at key positions and this usually doesn't work out well. Now you know how a smart team can structure contracts for a team to be competitive for championships for a couple of more yrs after a guy like Mahomes rookie deal is done. But you have to already have 90% of the pieces in place. Currently the Texans are nowhere close to having the pieces in place to win a championships and wont have them in place in a couple of yrs. Then DW4's big $$$$ kicks in and that decreases the chances to win a championship.

They're in between a rock and a hard place and it's my opinion the only chance for the Texans to win a championship within the next 4-5 yrs is to let NC start anew with a total rebuild. This really has nothing to do with how good DW4 is or isn't.

beyond stupid, trading Hopkins... I agree

beyond stupid hiring Korn Ferry... eh, that’s what daddy did

beyond stupid... hire Caserio... I like that one

beyond stupid... not interview Bieniemy... couldn’t hire him sir six weeks at least anyway. Stupid probably so, beyond... not so much.

Am I missing any beyond stupid moves?
Forgot Clowney trade was post Bob Mcnair death so include that in the beyond stupid era. Making BOB the GM (beyond stupider). Eastery's replacement of BOB as GM (beyond stupidest). Korn Ferry/Caserio/interviews are supposed to be the post beyond stupid era, thus 'Some things never change'.

Back