Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Should we trade Watson?

Should we trade Watson?

• Yes, without a doubt.

• Yes, depending on compensation (please list your trade scenario).

• No, never.

• No, unless he plays hardball and sits.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Forgot Clowney trade was post Bob Mcnair death so include that in the beyond stupid era. Making BOB the GM (beyond stupider). Eastery's replacement of BOB as GM (beyond stupidest). Korn Ferry/Caserio/interviews are supposed to be the post beyond stupid era, thus 'Some things never change'.
So Easterby wormtongued Cal into making BO’b the GM?

So Easterby wormtongued Cal into making BO’b the GM?
No idea. Maybe. I don't buy into the Easterby narrative around here that Easterby little fingered his way into anything. That's what I've been trying to say about Janice all along -- she wanted Easterby to climb the ladder for her goofy reasoning. Easterby is a camp counselor on any normal team. Takes some wacky ownership to allow what happened.

John McClain
@McClain_on_NFL

If the Texans end up trading Watson, it should be to the Jets for their first- and second-round picks this year and next and Quinnen Williams. At the least. And use the Jets’ second overall pick on the second-best QB to replace Watson.

He has no clue
No one does. Every single person reporting or commenting is speculating. And half this board is loving it and hope we ship Watson out of here with very little context or information to make up their mind.

Do you think KC, Bills, GB, Seattle, Chargers, or any other team with a bonafide franchise QB would consider trading them, no matter the circumstance?

John McClain
@McClain_on_NFL

If the Texans end up trading Watson, it should be to the Jets for their first- and second-round picks this year and next and Quinnen Williams. At the least. And use the Jets’ second overall pick on the second-best QB to replace Watson.

He has no clue

This tells me Cuck is atleast throwing trial balloons out there for the possibility of trading DW4. After all McClain right or wrong was on the search committee so Cuck is using McClain as a tool.

No one does. Every single person reporting or commenting is speculating. And half this board is loving it and hope we ship Watson out of here with very little context or information to make up their mind.

Do you think KC, Bills, GB, Seattle, Chargers, or any other team with a bonafide franchise QB would consider trading them, no matter the circumstance?

I think JWLCasper provided pretty good context of what's going on. DW4's agent got Ramsey out of Jacksonville and to a major market for more marketing $$$$. Now he's trying to do the same thing with DW4 and placing DW4 in a major market. I suspect DW4's agent will be successful with getting DW4 out of Houston too.

Last edited:
I think JWLCasper provided pretty good context of what's going on. DW4's agent got Ramsey out of Jacksonville and to a major market for more marketing $$$$. Now he's trying to do the same thing with DW4 and placing DW4 in a major market. I suspect DW4's agent will be successful with getting DW4 out of Houston too.

If that does indeed happen I hope Casserio kills the other team in a deal. Anything less and I think the fan base will lose its collective mind, especially considering the Hopkins trade

This is the only thing that makes sense to me. Being mad because they didn’t hire his choice for GM, or because Easterby Shang hai’d the whole process... while all that may have happened

This agent angle makes the most sense.

I also should mention the apparent view of ownership and their stance on hot button issues also is surely playing a part. We know where the McNair’s stand, and both Mr. Ross and Mr. Johnson of the Dolphins and Jets respectfully are much more aligned with Watson and Mulugheta’s views. Again, fair or not, the player empowerment era is here and viable. This gets back to why certain guys just do not align with what the organization does and why they are moved.

Maybe. Still you have no idea. It’s speculation

I also should mention the apparent view of ownership and their stance on hot button issues also is surely playing a part. We know where the McNair’s stand, and both Mr. Ross and Mr. Johnson of the Dolphins and Jets respectfully are much more aligned with Watson and Mulugheta’s views. Again, fair or not, the player empowerment era is here and viable. This gets back to why certain guys just do not align with what the organization does and why they are moved.

This is why if they do a trade with the NYJ they need to pick Wilson with the #2 pick. Not to mention Wilson looks to have the goods.

Again, fair or not, the player empowerment era is here and viable. This gets back to why certain guys just do not align with what the organization does and why they are moved.
Did he recently change agents? Why would he have signed that deal if he wanted out?

is this “method” the preferred method as opposed to the way Dak is trying to get out of Dallas?

It looks bad on Watson now. The tweets and no real comments

It only looks bad if people really are looking for a reason to hate, which is the folks here supporting the Texans. Watson is being respectful and not going public. His agent is doing all of the heavy lifting and dirty work. That’s why he is getting paid. To get dirty for the player so the player keeps his image intact.

2 weeks ago McClain was on Rich Eisen Podcast saying there was absolutely no way the Texans would trade Watson.

Just another bargaining tool. Doesn’t mean much.

Does Stafford being available diminish dw's trade value?

It only looks bad if people really are looking for a reason to hate, which is the folks here supporting the Texans. Watson is being respectful and not going public. His agent is doing all of the heavy lifting and dirty work. That’s why he is getting paid. To get dirty for the player so the player keeps his image intact.
Respectful? No sir. He actively supported PUBLICLY Bill O’Brien multiple times. Knew about this ownership and still signed his extension. Not that much changed in 6 months. And keep posting these cryptic messages is passive aggressive and childish. Handle it like a man.

Just another bargaining tool. Doesn’t mean much.

Does Stafford being available diminish dw's trade value?

I believe it increases the likelihood DW4 gets traded because I believe Cal and Houston could be sold on Stafford leading the Texans before being sold on Garrapolo, Wentz, Winston, or insert any other name QB here. This is strictly my opinion and with no insider knowledge.

Respectful? No sir. He actively supported PUBLICLY Bill O’Brien multiple times. Knew about this ownership and still signed his extension. Not that much changed in 6 months. And keep posting these cryptic messages is passive aggressive and childish. Handle it like a man.

Brady did the same passive aggressive schtick to Belichick and he’s the debatable GOAT. New era we live in. It’s just more visible because of social media and this age group. Like it or not, that’s the talent owners pay. And we pay the owners to see it. Vicious circle.

Brady did the same passive aggressive schtick to Belichick and he’s the debatable GOAT. New era we live in. It’s just more visible because of social media and this age group. Like it or not, that’s the talent owners pay. And we pay the owners to see it. Vicious circle.
They won together. Deshaun JUST signed his extension and now wants to pretend like he didn’t know the problems of the FO. Like come on dawg, there was NO GM!

I agree. But to me doing nothing means he wants out. No matter who talked him into it. But, I still hope to find a way to keep him here.

They won together. Deshaun JUST signed his extension and now wants to pretend like he didn’t know the problems of the FO. Like come on dawg, there was NO GM!
I thought the same thing, but truthfully he’s infinitely more tradeable with a contract in place.

no one is giving up a first for a player in the last year of his contract, much less multiple 1sts & the Texans won’t take less.

Exactly. I am just convinced he thought about a trade out of Houston but not until he signed his extension.
He signed his extension with a team with no GM and a no trade clause before outmaneuvering said team one year later with the contract he wanted in place. Additionally the way it is structured, he can re-up or move in 3 years if needed. Masterful play by his agent and DW4. Hate the business of the game, not the players and agents.

He signed his extension with a team with no GM and a no trade clause before outmaneuvering said team one year later with the contract he wanted in place. Additionally the way it is structured, he can re-up or move in 3 years if needed. Masterful play by his agent and DW4. Hate the business of the game, not the players and agents.

He has more maneuvering to do if the Texans refuse to trade him. How does he come out of that without looking bad? He'll need a pepsi style ad campaign and cryptic tweets won't be sufficient. We'll know how this goes after the Texans select a hc.

It would probably do more to enhance the ineptness and buffoonery of Cal McNair. DW4 just has to say he told them not to hire Bienemy on his behalf because he still wants a trade.

Hasn't it already been reported dw wants eb? I don't see that as an "out."

According to the poll up top less than a quarter of the board hope we ship him out..

That’s fine. But don’t complain about the culture. Especially when he went out and backed a coach after getting blown out by 50 straight points. Why wasn’t culture a problem then?

That’s fine. But don’t complain about the culture. Especially when he went out and backed a coach after getting blown out by 50 straight points. Why wasn’t culture a problem then?

Really? What do you expect him to do? Do you regularly tell your boss he's an idiot?

It’s funny how one guy said one thing one time, then this guy repeats it a million times. As if he knows, because he did the research.

I did do the research, I think I first presented this argument though I rounded up to 15% to keep it simple. Then @Corrosion pointed out that it was 13.2% to be exact and I further researched and he’s right. So yeah I’ve repeated it because people keep acting like it’s made up but it’s not, the math is the math.

Back