Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Should we trade Watson?

Should we trade Watson?

• Yes, without a doubt.

• Yes, depending on compensation (please list your trade scenario).

• No, never.

• No, unless he plays hardball and sits.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm Chad from the Dolphins message board Finheaven.
Welcome, Chad. There are existing Watson trade threads, and your thread was merged into this one.

BTW, no Tua. He sucks. Everyone in the league knows this. That's why the Dolphins would be interested in Watson. Tua is the 2020 draft's Josh Rosen. Lucky to get a 2nd for him at this point.

If you get to the point that you think Cal is the issue and you don't think you can win a championship under his leadership. If you are a player, what would you do?
Well you just signed a contract recently, you honor your contract and look forward to free agency at the end of it. I mean he JUST signed the damn thing and Easterby was here when he did it. Easterby probably negotiated it. What's changed since then, other than Cal just made you a very rich man! That Cal didn't select his choice for GM? He said DW4 would have input. He didn't say DW4 would get to choose the GM. And Cal said he tried to contact him while he was on vacation to let him know. What, is the world supposed to stop while he's on vacation? Answer your damn phone!
Cal hasn't changed since he signed that contract 4 months ago. He knew the landscape...OB had been fired, Easterby was here, he knew the owner. What's changed?!?
The defense sucked, we had the most brutal schedule I've ever seen (going back as far as '78)
and we had a bad year. The good news is DW4's side of the ball had a good year. Is not beyond the realm of possibility that we can't turn this around next year. We're over the cap...we may have to make some difficult cuts, but he's in the middle of that, the cap went to him! But Cal's not crying about that. He should be, but he's not. He's got his big-boy pants on and he's going to live with it and pay the man, and he hired a GM that can hopefully work through this cap mess and improve this team.
He needs to take his 156 million, be a leader and get with the program!

Last edited:
Hello Texans Talk:

First off I wanna say I feel for you guys, Bill O'Brian and now this Easterbee guy have done a number to your organization and team.

Obviously the thought of Watson comming to Miami has sent our board into complete hysteria. The thought of what we would be giving up to get Watson; scares the **** out of me.

According to what I'm hearing over there the price for Watson would be..... Tua, #3, #18, #50 and next years 1st rounder..... ouch. I mean Watson is fantastic but when you consider the absolute haul the Dolphins would be giving up im souring on the idea quickly.

If, you guys traded for Tua, I think you guys would really like him. Hes a fantastic person, hes accurate and with a whole off-season to lift and train Tuas talent will blossom. The guy was rehabbing a broken hip last off-season and still took us to 10 wins. Honestly I hope we don't make this trade.

The other teams im hearing the most rumors about are the Jets, 49ers, Falcons.

Jets have the #2 pick and another 1st rounder like #26 i think, and Darnold plus a 2nd this year and a 1st next to offer for Watson. Problem with this team is clearly the lack of talent on the Jets roster. They are hands down the worst team in the league talent wise and Watson would be out of his mind to want to go there, but from what I'm hearing he's open to it.

Falcons make alot of sense, Watson is from Atl and they have the #4 pick to offer but not another 1st rounder in the 2021 draft like the Fins and a Jets. Also Atl doesn't have a QB to send to Houston in return. So I don't think Atl has the ammo to pull off this trade.

49ers have Jimmy G to offer lol. Also they have the least draft capitol out of the 4 teams.

- if im you guys I would trade him to the Jets for multiple reasons. They won't be good with Watson, they have zero playmakers; their offensive line is the worst in the NFL and out side of kinda stopping the run their defense is suspect. With the #2 pick you could land Wilson or Fields or hell, even trade down and get another haul of picks and see what Darold could do for 1 year. I'd look for a way to offload David Johnson's astronomical contract (God that trade was stupid) and focus on rebuilding after getting your cap under control. On paper this idea is a pretty good way to start a rebuild.

I'm wondering what you guys are hearing and feeling?

Any other teams that may enter this conversation?

Obviously this is a tough topic for Texans fans, im sure none of you want to trade Watson and for that I am sorry.

Are any of you optimistic that If you do trade Watson and get a boat load of picks and cap relief this team would turn it around quicker than with Watson and no real draft capitol?

I hope me coming over here doesn't offend anyone, being a Dolphins fan i can totally relate to being a fan of a team that breaks your heart.
Welcome. IMHO Watson will be traded to the Jets, the #2 being the difference maker. The Texans will get what Jets got from Jamal Adams trade, 2 1st rd picks (2021/22 and a 3rd pick). In addition Texans will get Jets 2 1st rd picks (2021/22), a 2nd rd pick and Sam Darnold.

Well you just signed a contract recently, you honor your contract and look forward to free agency at the end of it. I mean he JUST signed the damn thing and Easterby was here when he did it. Easterby probably negotiated it. What's changed since then, other than Cal just made you a very rich man! That Cal didn't select his choice for GM? He said DW4 would have input. He didn't say DW4 would get to choose the GM.
Cal hasn't changed since he signed that contract 4 months ago. He knew the landscape...OB had been fired, Easterby was here, he knew the owner. What's changed?!?
The defense sucked and we had a bad year. We're over the cap and may have to make some difficult cuts. He's in the middle of that, He took the money! But Cal's not crying about that.

I have no idea what changed. If I am going to speculate, I would think that after O'Brien and 12 games with Easterby, the front office needed a reboot and hiring Caserio and not firing Easterby is more of the same. Maybe he feels Fuller is not an Easterby guy and will not be signed. The only thing I know is that I'm rooting for him to get traded. This organization and fan base should get the QB they deserve.

WFAN’s Craig Carton spoke on his radio show on Wednesday about the Watson situation and he revealed that the Jets have reached out to the Texans about a possible trade. He didn’t reveal how serious those conversations have been, only that they have, indeed, inquired.

Welcome. IMHO Watson will be traded to the Jets, the #2 being the difference maker. The Texans will get what Jets got from Jamal Adams trade, 2 1st rd picks (2021/22 and a 3rd pick). In addition Texans will get Jets 2 1st rd picks (2021/22), a 2nd rd pick and Sam Darnold.

That sounds almost unbelievable, I would jump all over that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you proposing the 2nd and 3rd are both this year?

DW4 can say yes or no, he does not get negotiate the deal. All the Texans have to do is ask DW4 for a list of teams he would except a trade. At that point it is out of his hands.

BTW it was DW4 and his agent who put the No Trade in the contract. Jack had to accept it if he wanted to get DW4 under contract.

Bingo!

I'm certainly no fan of Easterby in any sort of way, but this phantom power being assigned to him by the media and fans is ludicrous.

Like you said, the no trade clause was obviously a requirement by Watson's side that was negotiated by his agent. It's standard stuff for a high paid QB, and it ultimately had to be agreed upon by the HC/GM and owner. Jack might have been present, but I honestly doubt he had much sway in the process.

Easterby's influence is much more subtle than picking players and negotiating contracts. His influence is more insidious - i.e. ear of the owners, telling them what they want to hear.

If you get to the point that you think Cal is the issue and you don't think you can win a championship under his leadership. If you are a player, what would you do?
That’s a good question. After just signing a big deal contract makes it worse.

I know I wouldn’t be pushing a trade to the Jets or Dolphins. Regardless how many draft picks they have or cap space, I’m convinced they have similar problems.

I also don’t see any of the Korn Ferry finalists as better options than Caserio. So I wouldn’t be “break off all communications” mad about it.

Try to force a trade to San Francisco maybe.

I’d probably go talk to Nick Caserio before he picks his HC & see where his head is at. I’d ask him straight up what he thinks the problems are with this organization, what he thinks need to be done, & what has he done since he’s been here towards fixing those problems.

I’d assess how his answers compare to mine & if he’s way off... are his answers plausible?

I would tell him what I think is wrong with the organization & assess how open he is to my opinion.

Basically I’m trying to find out if this guy can help me get to a championship here. The last three years, we haven’t been close, but we’ve been closer than most.

If I’m not convinced that Caserio & I can work together in spite of Cal, then I’m going to request a trade to SF49ers, Vikings, Eagles, New England, New Orleans, or the Rams.

I just can't comprehend how Watson would believe he's in a better situation with another losing franchise that has no first round draft picks for a couple of years because they emptied the cupboard to get him. And any team is still going to have to deal with his massive salary starting in 2022.

And with both the Dolphins and Jets, you're still in a division with Belichick and a very up-and-coming Bills team. It's only a matter of time before the Patriots are back in business (I predict next season - 2021), and the Bills have stability and a QB that will keep them trending upwards.

And any team is still going to have to deal with his massive salary starting in 2022.
Agreed. If I’m Watson & I got to get out, I’d be willing to renegotiate the deal to facilitate a trade to the teams I want to go to.

But then that team is going to have to give up draft picks & players & put themselves in a bad position. But I’d feel more confident in them working their way out of it.

Only this clown show of an organization would be putting itself under this much stress over jack f-ing easterby, who has clearly become a cancer.

People on here are quick to say fire players who become cancers even if they’re all pro but somehow are quick to defend the organization and are even on board with trading Watson just to toe the company line.

That's a pile of poo ....

I think there's consensus to get rid of Easterby. He adds no value at all.

And there's a strong majority against trading Watson. What's being discussed is a buncha what if .... I can count on one finger the number of posters who really want Watson outa here (Looking at you @steelbtexan).

Well you just signed a contract recently, you honor your contract and look forward to free agency at the end of it. I mean he JUST signed the damn thing and Easterby was here when he did it. Easterby probably negotiated it. What's changed since then, other than Cal just made you a very rich man! That Cal didn't select his choice for GM? He said DW4 would have input. He didn't say DW4 would get to choose the GM. And Cal said he tried to contact him while he was on vacation to let him know. What, is the world supposed to stop while he's on vacation? Answer your damn phone!
The defense sucked, we had the most brutal schedule I've ever seen (going back as far as '78)
and we had a bad year. The good news is DW4's side of the ball had a good year. Is not beyond the realm of possibility that we can't turn this around next year. We're over the cap...we may have to make some difficult cuts, but he's in the middle of that, the cap went to him! But Cal's not crying about that. He should be, but he's not. He's got his big-boy pants on and he's going to live with it and pay the man, and he hired a GM that can hopefully work through this cap mess and improve this team.
He needs to take his 156 million, be a leader and get with the program!
Your post gave me food for thought. Thanks for sharing.

@Texian wants him gone too.
There you go again putting words in mouth. To clear up any miscommunication, here is my official position. I am FOR trading Watson under one condition. Here it is;

JETS trade their (2) 1st RD picks in 2021; 3rd RD pick in 2021; (2) 1st RD picks in 2022; 2nd RD pick in 2022 and Sam Darnold. Anything less, NO TRADE. Capisce?

Last edited:
Agreed. If I’m Watson & I got to get out, I’d be willing to renegotiate the deal to facilitate a trade to the teams I want to go to.

But then that team is going to have to give up draft picks & players & put themselves in a bad position. But I’d feel more confident in them working their way out of it.

New to the forum.
Think the team should hold on to him.
Unfortunately the media, texts, player comments etc have clouded the situation
Bottom line in my opinion he’s the starting QB and future for the franchise
Can understand to a point with him wanting some input with HC ...above that no reason.
Like Brian Billick said the other day is Watson going to have imput on salary cap stadium operations upper mgt decisions. Makes no sense
Remember he signed his extension after Hopkins was traded.....
If he felt everything was so dysfunctional etc why resign ? could have become FA

Also negative comments by Andre Johnson about organization hold no water to me. He was drafted by Texans then resigned 2 times after that for a total 12 yrs with team Why if Texans organization were so bad ? Nonsense to me

Can understand Watson’s displeasure with season. Every player should be.
But I look at this.... Green Bay got the new coach Lafleur 2 years ago supposedly Rogers was not happy. Then this last draft Green Bay drafts QB Jordan Love with their 1st rd pick. Think Rogers was pissed? What does he do instead of whine and complain
He goes out this year and lights it up. He will get league MVP this year and is playing in NFC championship game on Sunday. Some food for thought on how some handle situations differently in my opinion

I guess they could deal Darnold for a 2nd round pick. Maybe Indy or New England would bite. I sure wouldn't pickup the $25 million option for the 5th year.
Washington too. I wouldn't pickup the option either but nice to have should you want to keep him for a year.

Last edited:
There you go again putting words in mouth. To clear up any miscommunication, here is my official position. I am FOR trading Watson under one condition. Here it is;

JETS trade their (2) 1st RD picks in 2021; 3rd RD pick in 2021; (2) 1st RD picks in 2022; 2nd RD pick in 2022 and Sam Darnold. Anything less, NO TRADE. Capiche?
I doubt the Jets want DW4 that badly. Basically you are saying you don't want to trade him. If we could get a rediculous haul like that I would be all for it. I do not see that happening.

I doubt the Jets want DW4 that badly. Basically you are saying you don't want to trade him. If we could get a rediculous haul like that I would be all for it. I do not see that happening.
Look at it from this perspective, it basically boils down to this; the Jets trade Jamal Adams, 2 1st RD picks, a 2nd RD pick and Sam Darnold. If the Jets make the trade they're competitive in 2021. If they don't they won't be competitive for at least another 2 or 3 years. If Miami makes the trade the Jets may never catch the Bills, Pats and Dolphins.

New to the forum.
Think the team should hold on to him.
Unfortunately the media, texts, player comments etc have clouded the situation
Bottom line in my opinion he’s the starting QB and future for the franchise
Can understand to a point with him wanting some input with HC ...above that no reason.
Like Brian Billick said the other day is Watson going to have imput on salary cap stadium operations upper mgt decisions. Makes no sense
Remember he signed his extension after Hopkins was traded.....
If he felt everything was so dysfunctional etc why resign ? could have become FA

Also negative comments by Andre Johnson about organization hold no water to me. He was drafted by Texans then resigned 2 times after that for a total 12 yrs with team Why if Texans organization were so bad ? Nonsense to me.

Can understand Watson’s displeasure with season. Every player should be.
But I look at this.... Green Bay got the new coach Lafleur 2 years ago supposedly Rogers was not happy. Then this last draft Green Bay drafts QB Jordan Love with their 1st rd pick. Think Rogers was pissed? What does he do instead of whine and complain
He goes out this year and lights it up. He will get league MVP this year and is playing in NFC championship game on Sunday. Some food for thought on how some handle situations differently in my opinion
We had a real tough schedule and lost a lot of games, but of those losses we played some good teams and gave them all they could handle. As the season went on those close losses took their toll on our guys and they just did not seem to have any life left in them.

You don't have to remind me of how bad our defense is but I still have some hope for the future.

We are nowhere near to competing for a title but I could see us winning seven or eight games with the right coaches, the right moves by our GM and a much easier schedule. Plenty of teams have recovered when it seemed they could not do so. If we keep DW4 we have some hope.

If we trade DW4 to a team that will give us a boat load of early picks ala "The Minnesota Vikings to Dallas Cowboys for Herschel Walker," we could end up like the Cowboys did back then. Not likely to happen, but if our draft picks were as valuable as theirs was, it could happen.

That said I would prefer keeping our stud Qb but if he insist on leaving and is willing to go to a team that value him more than fairly, I for sure say we go for it.

Last edited:
The head coach candidates didn't get an interview ?

Wasn't it stated by Cal that they would hire a GM first and that the GM would make the decision on who the coach would be ? What's the point of interviewing coaches when the guy making the decision isn't in place ?!

Watson's #1 choice did get interviewed - After the GM was in place. He has been the frontrunner for that position since the day OB got fired and still is to this moment.
There's tremendous pressure from ownership (Not just the McNair's) to make that happen , specifically tp placate Watson.

As for the system .... the GM doesn't dictate that , that's the coaching staff , the HC and OC neither of which have been hired yet.

#Social Justice.
The thing that concerns me in this is McNairs " pressuring" to get what they want done. What? You're the owner snap your fingers

The thing that concerns me in this is McNairs " pressuring" to get what they want done. What? You're the owner snap your fingers

I'm not sure pressuring is the right word. I view it as more Cal saying "This is my first choice and the one I want you to focus on and do everything possible to hire." Cal is a business man though and if EB or anybody says "I'll take the job for 100 million a year, full roster control and a guaranteed 10 years" he's gonna tell'em to take a hike. Likewise if they seem wishy washy and could leave us hanging I don't see him going for it. So its not really a matter of snap his fingers.

Look at it from this perspective, it basically boils down to this; the Jets trade Jamal Adams, 2 1st RD picks, a 2nd RD pick and Sam Darnold. If the Jets make the trade they're competitive in 2021. If they don't they won't be competitive for at least another 2 or 3 years. If Miami makes the trade the Jets may never catch the Bills, Pats and Dolphins.
If we get Sam Darnold I want us to hire a known Qb whisperer.

We had a real tough schedule and lost a lot of games, but of those losses we played some good teams and gave them all they could handle. As the season went on those close losses took their toll on our guys and they just did not seem to have any life left in them.

You don't have to remind me of how bad our defense is but I still have some hope for the future.

We are nowhere near to competing for a title but I could see us winning seven or eight games with the right coaches, the right moves by our GM and a much easier schedule. Plenty of teams have recovered when it seemed they could not do so. If we keep DW4 we have some hope.

If we trade DW4 to a team that will give us a boat load of early picks ala "The Minnesota Vikings to Dallas Cowboys for Herschel Walker," we could end up like the Cowboys did back then. Not likely to happen, but if our draft picks were as valuable as theirs was, it could happen.

That said I would prefer keeping our stud Qb but if he insist on leaving and is willing to go to a team that value him more than fairly, I for sure say we go for it.

Totally agree with your assessment. If we can acquire a ridiculous amount of picks you have to consider. Just don’t see why the Jets would do it. They have no offensive weapons and will have no more draft capital. Watson will be in a worse situation worse there

Hello Texans Talk:

First off I wanna say I feel for you guys, Bill O'Brian and now this Easterbee guy have done a number to your organization and team.

Obviously the thought of Watson comming to Miami has sent our board into complete hysteria. The thought of what we would be giving up to get Watson; scares the **** out of me.

According to what I'm hearing over there the price for Watson would be..... Tua, #3, #18, #50 and next years 1st rounder..... ouch. I mean Watson is fantastic but when you consider the absolute haul the Dolphins would be giving up im souring on the idea quickly.

If, you guys traded for Tua, I think you guys would really like him. Hes a fantastic person, hes accurate and with a whole off-season to lift and train Tuas talent will blossom. The guy was rehabbing a broken hip last off-season and still took us to 10 wins. Honestly I hope we don't make this trade.

The other teams im hearing the most rumors about are the Jets, 49ers, Falcons.

Jets have the #2 pick and another 1st rounder like #26 i think, and Darnold plus a 2nd this year and a 1st next to offer for Watson. Problem with this team is clearly the lack of talent on the Jets roster. They are hands down the worst team in the league talent wise and Watson would be out of his mind to want to go there, but from what I'm hearing he's open to it.

Falcons make alot of sense, Watson is from Atl and they have the #4 pick to offer but not another 1st rounder in the 2021 draft like the Fins and a Jets. Also Atl doesn't have a QB to send to Houston in return. So I don't think Atl has the ammo to pull off this trade.

49ers have Jimmy G to offer lol. Also they have the least draft capitol out of the 4 teams.

- if im you guys I would trade him to the Jets for multiple reasons. They won't be good with Watson, they have zero playmakers; their offensive line is the worst in the NFL and out side of kinda stopping the run their defense is suspect. With the #2 pick you could land Wilson or Fields or hell, even trade down and get another haul of picks and see what Darold could do for 1 year. I'd look for a way to offload David Johnson's astronomical contract (God that trade was stupid) and focus on rebuilding after getting your cap under control. On paper this idea is a pretty good way to start a rebuild.

I'm wondering what you guys are hearing and feeling?

Any other teams that may enter this conversation?

Obviously this is a tough topic for Texans fans, im sure none of you want to trade Watson and for that I am sorry.

Are any of you optimistic that If you do trade Watson and get a boat load of picks and cap relief this team would turn it around quicker than with Watson and no real draft capitol?

I hope me coming over here doesn't offend anyone, being a Dolphins fan i can totally relate to being a fan of a team that breaks your heart.
Hey Chad! Thanks for posting and I enjoyed reading. We welcome almost anybody here as you will find out if you remain for a while. Your team has come up in conversation many times over the last few years and I am Part of that. I tried to post trades with your team prior to the 2020 draft. I do agree that the Jets would be the best to work a deal with but for Deshaun Watson I want much more than you noted. I base my evaluation on several respectable sources across the USA that identify our number four's Market value as one that could be greater than any the NFL has seen. If that is so then why should we settle for any of the so-called realistic pics we have seen mentioned? I encourage you to check out several of the other threads including the one I posted some time ago about DeShaun's value.

On another subject since you are a Dolphin fan and apparently knowledgeable about your roster: I understand there is turmoil brewing with Xavien Howard you're cornerback. I know he had a fantastic year and part of that was playing opposite your new free agent signing. Howard is upset about the recent contract he signed. I do not see anyone giving a Jamal Adams package for Howard. Am I incorrect? Would the Dolphins accept our starting wide receiver Brandin Cooks who average 14.5 yards per catch and had 1150 yards this past season in a one-for-one trade?

Thanks!

That's a pile of poo ....

I think there's consensus to get rid of Easterby. He adds no value at all.

And there's a strong majority against trading Watson. What's being discussed is a buncha what if .... I can count on one finger the number of posters who really want Watson outa here (Looking at you @steelbtexan).

Snake yes also understands reality

My mistake... I read you wrong.
My feelings about Deshaun are this, I would really like for him to remain a Texan under the condition he could be competitive with a strong chance at a championship. The chances for that are slim and none. I don't want to see him here being miserable and wasting away. I would rather watch him from afar being truly great. I'm afraid if he remained here, the next two years will be worse than the last. IMO I think DW4 already has visions of NYC dancing in his head and he wants to make that happen, regardless of what Cal does to try and appease him to remain a Texan.

Totally agree with your assessment. If we can acquire a ridiculous amount of picks you have to consider. Just don’t see why the Jets would do it. They have no offensive weapons and will have no more draft capital. Watson will be in a worse situation worse there
But there are ways for Jets to offer a package that improves oline and WRs.

I don't see us trading DW4 with anybody outside of the Miami Dolphins. They have plenty of draft capital and they seem to be a team on the rise. They won 10 games with inconsistent Qb play. I think DW4 would be a good fit for them. While there are better teams out there those teams do not have much to give us.

Last edited:
If we get Sam Darnold I want us to hire a known Qb whisperer.
I think you could trade Sam for a 1 or 2. Regardless a QB whisper is a good idea even for the new guy. Finding those exceptional coaches are drying up as most of the new HC hires are done and they are filling out their staffs. Two of the best OL coaches available Pollack and Benton are gone. QB coach Greg Knapp is also off the market.

My feelings about Deshaun are this, I would really like for him to remain a Texan under the condition he could be competitive with a strong chance at a championship. The chances for that are slim and none. I don't want to see him here being miserable and wasting away. I would rather watch him from afar being truly great. I'm afraid if he remained here, the next two years will be worse than the last. IMO I think DW4 already has visions of NYC dancing in his head and he wants to make that happen, regardless of what Cal does to try and appease him to remain a Texan.
The Jets would be stupid to use their top draft capital to get DW4. As great as DW4 is I am not sure he makes that big of an improvement with a team further away from a championship than our Texans! Why on earth would the Jets give up as much as some are saying they should when they are much more than one player away from being routinely competitive? Sure DW4 may add 2 or 3 more wins to the Jets if few other moves are made, but it sets them back at least a couple more years of mediocrity at best! They would be no better than us and DW4 would for sure be stuck in the continual cycle of losing. I doubt he wants that.

Last edited:
Well, if you're someone like Merciless, you take a paycheck and coast. That is what I think happened with a lot of Texans players this season. Watson, to his credit, was not one of those players. But he may become one. I hope he doesn't because quite frankly, he's one of only a handful of players on this team that I think has been willing (up to this point) to put in the effort that it takes to become a champion. Regrettably, the most notable of the "effort" players on this team has likely played his last game as a Texans. Watt had his faults, but not trying was never one of them.

We're debating whether Watson should be traded and for how much in return. When in reality, you could replace him with any number of prospects or players and not a damn thing will change until the culture of laziness is eradicated out of this team. When a defense anchored by Watt looks like they hung up their cleats before the season even started, you should know something is seriously amiss. It's systemic. And it starts from the top.

No I don't think the Texans should trade Watson. All the rumors and speculation get viral on slow news days because Watson is such a good player. He should probably stay and try to become Westheimer Watson then try luck at another average franchise.

Well, if you're someone like Merciless, you take a paycheck and coast. That is what I think happened with a lot of Texans players this season. Watson, to his credit, was not one of those players. But he may become one. I hope he doesn't because quite frankly, he's one of only a handful of players on this team that I think has been willing (up to this point) to put in the effort that it takes to become a champion. Regrettably, the most notable of the "effort" players on this team has likely played his last game as a Texans. Watt had his faults, but not trying was never one of them.

We're debating whether Watson should be traded and for how much in return. When in reality, you could replace him with any number of prospects or players and not a damn thing will change until the culture of laziness is eradicated out of this team. When a defense anchored by Watt looks like they hung up their cleats before the season even started, you should know something is seriously amiss. It's systemic. And it starts from the top.

I remember a time when people thought I was crazy when I said what you're saying.

Kinda like what people are saying now when I talk about moving on from DW4.

I don't think the defense gave up at the beginning of the season. Our schedule was killer and our whole team competed and made things tough on some pretty good teams but losing close games against those teams took it's toll on them. I like RAC but he was not the answer once BO'b was fired. RAC just could never cut it as a head coach. To RAC's credit though, the team did not give up till a little past the middle of the season.

JETS trade their (2) 1st RD picks in 2021; 3rd RD pick in 2021; (2) 1st RD picks in 2022; 2nd RD pick in 2022 and Sam Darnold. Anything less, NO TRADE. Capisce?

Silly. Never happen. Or is that the point?

Does Cal think that having Pastor Easterby somehow gives us favor with the Lord?
I don't see us trading DW4 with anybody outside of the Miami Dolphins. They have plenty of draft capital and they seem to be a team on the rise. They won 10 games with inconsistent Qb play. I think DW4 would be a good fit for them. While there are better teams out there those teams do not have much to give us.

The Dolphins are an interesting team . Watson would be an upgrade initially but they lose their draft capital. Watson would be throwing to the same always injured Parker/Williams Giesiki all next season also. They seem to be on the rise and have it seems a good coach in Flores. They have drafted well and have future picks unfortunately Houston’s. I feel they were successful this season because they did not turn over the ball a lot on offense and they created turnovers on defense and ST. If you look at the past successful teams they drafted well.
Think Tua is going to be good personally.
Houston has to get a HC who has a good vision going forward. Watson has his contract and hopefully he comes to understand that unless he goes to a playoff caliber team nothing will change but the jersey color. FO just has to make more sound decisions with future FA and draft picks. The team is better then 4-12

I'm not sure pressuring is the right word. I view it as more Cal saying "This is my first choice and the one I want you to focus on and do everything possible to hire." Cal is a business man though and if EB or anybody says "I'll take the job for 100 million a year, full roster control and a guaranteed 10 years" he's gonna tell'em to take a hike. Likewise if they seem wishy washy and could leave us hanging I don't see him going for it. So its not really a matter of snap his fingers.
Disagree. After the snafu of not bringing in Bieniemy and the backlash, I think pressure is the right word.

Yes but don't you know that there will be griping and moaning every time he scores a touchdown or throws a completed pass for another team.

I think you could trade Sam for a 1 or 2. Regardless a QB whisper is a good idea even for the new guy. Finding those exceptional coaches are drying up as most of the new HC hires are done and they are filling out their staffs. Two of the best OL coaches available Pollack and Benton are gone. QB coach Greg Knapp is also off the market.
If Watson goes to Jets or Dolphins does he take Timmy with him? If you think yes will Lassie follow Timmy? Sorry just had to go there!

The Jets would be stupid to use their top draft capital to get DW4. As great as DW4 is I am not sure he makes that big of an improvement with a team further away from a championship than our Texans! Why on earth would the Jets give up as much as some are saying they should when they are much more than one player away from being routinely competitive? Sure DW4 may add 2 or 3 more wins to the Jets if few other moves are made, but it sets them back at least a couple more years of mediocrity at best! They would be no better than us and DW4 would for sure be stuck in the continual cycle of losing. I doubt he wants that.
How many free agents would want to go to New York Jets with DeShaun Watson. Do you realize that in 2022 the Jazz have 136 million-dollar cap space

Back