Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Should we trade Watson?

Should we trade Watson?

• Yes, without a doubt.

• Yes, depending on compensation (please list your trade scenario).

• No, never.

• No, unless he plays hardball and sits.

Results are only viewable after voting.
He's going to be looking for money when he sits next year and doesn't get paid. Should set us up well to get a very high #1 next spring! Sam Howell?

I think it is very unlikely that Deshaun would ever hold out. Deshaun would play it smart and stays within the rules:

All Deshaun has to do is:

A) Refuse to show up for OTA's, "But does show up for Mandatory Mini Camp"
B) Refer to Cal McNair as "Tommy Boy" at every news conference or in every Tweet. "In an ambiguous sort of way that Deshaun is very good at"
C) Show up for training camp and have ass participate.

He does not have to hold out.

B) Refer to Cal McNair as "Tommy Boy" at every news conference or in every Tweet. "In an ambiguous sort of way that Deshaun is very good at"

Deshaun is a very smart man, and is utterly ruthless in order to achieve his goals. This path is the only one that achieves what he desires, so why would he not do it.

Yes you keep repeating this despite having nothing to back it up and several people pointing out to you why you are incorrect about how it works.

I’m tired of :brickwall:

You really don’t have any idea how contracts, the CBA and NFL rules in general work do you? Believe me Watson does not have near the power you think he does. Go back and look at all the hold outs and everything else. Almost universally it ended badly for the player.

I think it is very unlikely that Deshaun would ever hold out. Deshaun would play it smart and stays within the rules:

C) Show up for training camp and have ass participate

Deshaun is a very smart man, and is utterly ruthless in order to achieve his goals. This path is the only one that achieves what he desires, so why would he not do it.
Doing that is not going to enhance his value, to the contrary, it will place a huge blemish on what has up to about a week ago has been a man of great character.

Yes you keep repeating this despite having nothing to back it up and several people pointing out to you why you are incorrect about how it works.

I’m tired of :brickwall:

As long as he stays with in the CBA rules, he gets paid what his contract says he should get paid. There is nothing incorrect about that statement. But soft resistance by Deshauan would force a trade on his terms, if that is what he decides he wants.

Actually it is not. All he has to do is refuse to sign the waiver until he knows exactly who he is potentially being traded to and how much they are giving up.

As far as forcing the Texans to trade him all he has to do is keep subtly taking shots (not enough to be fined or suspended for, but enough so everyone gets what he is saying) at Cal McNair andCal will blow up and trade him for a song.
When DW4 gives the Texans a list of acceptable teams he would accept for a trade, he would know exactly where he might be traded. DW4 will be a Jet before the draft.

Last edited:
When DW4 gives the Texans a list of acceptable teams he would accept a trade, he would know exactly where he might be traded. DW4 will be a Jet before the draft.
And at that point he releases the team from the no trade clause and has no say in which team on the list he goes to or for what he gets traded for.
For a minimum, I'd want their picks in the first 3 rounds for the next 3 years. That'd be my price! You want him, pay up. If not, he can hold out.

Doing that is not going to enhance his value, to the contrary, it will place a huge blemish on what has up to about a week ago has been a man of great character.

As far as Houston goes, I totally agree with your statement.

But if he decides to game this to get what he wants, the rest of the NFL would know exactly what he was doing, and why he was doing it. Outside this city a lot of people in the NFL would actually think he was brilliantly working a strategy to achieve his goal.

Believe me, in Miami, if he forced the Texans to trade him to the Dolphins for a 3rd, they would see him as a genius.

Unfortunately, the Texans will probably get very little for Watson if they actually trade him. But why would that be you say?

The issue is two fold:

1) What is Deshaun's motivation for asking to be traded?

He is not looking for money, his contract is set. What he wants is what Patrick Mahonnes already has. A team that can win now, and has a good chance of being a contender every year for the the foreseeable future. What he wants, is to play for a Dynasty.

So if he is traded to a team that is forced to give up all their future draft capital, or key players to the Texans as fair compensation, he will have defeated his entire purpose in asking for a trade in the first place.

2) You ask how could Deshaun stop the Texans from getting fair compensation (ie 6 1st Round Draft Picks or their equivalent).

Well our good buddy "Jack Easterby" handed his that ability when he gave him the "No Trade Clause" in his contract.

A) Refuse to show up for OTA's.
B) Refer to Cal McNair as "Tommy Boy" at every news conference or in every Tweet.
C) Have a "Back Injury" in training camp, so he cannot practice or play in games.

He does this and the Texans are forced to trade him at any price.

Deshaun with his "No Trade Clause" can then nix any trade that the Texans propose that has his new team giving up anything more than say a 3rd or 4th Round draft pick back as compensation to the Texans.

I know everyone is going to say this is a crazy "Conspiracy Theory", but this is a unique situation. This course of action, is the only path forward that meets Deshaun's goals, and Deshuan absolutely has the legal leverage to make this happen.

If I were Deshaun, and crossed the Rubicon and decided to demand a trade, this is what I would do. I do not expect anything less from Deshaun.

If Deshaun leaves, he will will not play nice and show mercy to the Texans. He will stick a dagger in the Texans heart to give his new team the best chance he can to be the Dynasty he is looking for.
If this is something that you would do I suggest you break out your CBA and have a meeting with your agent to explain it to you how that scenario would work in today's NFL. Miss what you want to before game one and have spines which he could easily afford starting game 1 You start giving up your contract including the bonus that you find. This has been discussed for many days now.

I do agree that Watson is a young smart man but what indications do you have that he is ruthless?

When DW4 gives the Texans a list of acceptable teams he would accept a trade, he would know exactly where he might be traded. DW4 will be a Jet before the draft.
A Jet would be best for Texans, but not Watson.
As somebody already pointed out, a huge trade, that would hobble an already bad team, would put Watson further behind the 8 ball.
If Watson has designs on a Lombardy, it will have to be with a team that is strong, but just lacking that one piece - a franchise QB.

The Cowboys wound up selecting running back Emmitt Smith, defensive tackle Russell Maryland, safety Darren Woodson and cornerback Kevin Smith, among others, to help build a solid core of young players that won three championships, beginning with a blowout victory over Buffalo in Super Bowl XXVII in January 1993.
Didn't the Cowboys trade some of those pics down for more pics and got some pretty good players?

Remember:

Watson is not looking for money, his contract is set.

What he wants is what Patrick Mahonnes already has. A team that can win now, and has a good chance of being a contender every year for the foreseeable future. What he wants, is to play for a Dynasty.

So if he is traded to a team that is forced to give up all their future draft capital, or key players to the Texans as fair compensation, he will have defeated his entire purpose in asking for a trade in the first place.

And yes because of the veto power that "No Trade Clause" gives him, he can dictate what the his new team gives the Texans back as compensation.
Yeah. Thanks for clarifying. I wanted to make sure that’s what you were saying before I called it the dumbest **** I ever heard. What’s worse is that you truly believe it.

This is the kind of thing you come up with when you graduated from the Jack Easterby school of negotiating.

C) Show up for training camp and have ass participate

And he ruins his value.

No player is ever going to intentionally tank their game film.

Honestly, where do you get this from?

As somebody already pointed out, a huge trade, that would hobble an already bad team, would put Watson further behind the 8 ball.
If Watson has designs on a Lombardy, it will have to be with a team that is strong, but just lacking that one piece - a franchise QB.
I thought Tom Brady just took a pretty poor roster to the playoffs? Also could he not be part of a trade with some current Texans like tunsil, merciless, Nick Martin, Keke coutee who would be much better on the Jets than they were in Houston?

I think Watson knows there are not many teams he can go to that Houston would agree to that will allow him to be a Super Bowl contender in 2021. I do think there are more than one teams that he could possibly get to Super Bowl with in 2 years. One of those are the Dolphins.

That’s an organization that knows how to build a championship team. They’ve been studying one, twice a year for a generation now.

I bet they’ll make him the first player-GM in the league.

There's an army of very ruthless & very smart lawyers who wrote that CBA .... Watson aint in that league.

Watson walks out of the tunnel to the Carpenters "Superstar".

If this is something that you would do I suggest you break out your CBA and have a meeting with your agent to explain it to you how that scenario would work in today's NFL. Miss what you want to before game one and have spines which he could easily afford starting game 1 You start giving up your contract including the bonus that you find. This has been discussed for many days now.

I do agree that Watson is a young smart man but what indications do you have that he is ruthless?
All you have to do is watch him on the field, absolutely ruthless (as in Cold-blooded or Merciless). Not mean, not cruel, no cheating in anyway, but he will do whatever he has to do to achieve his goal.

I thought Tom Brady just took a pretty poor roster to the playoffs? Also could he not be part of a trade with some current Texans like tunsil, merciless, Nick Martin, Keke coutee who would be much better on the Jets than they were in Houston?

I think Watson knows there are not many teams he can go to that Houston would agree to that will allow him to be a Super Bowl contender in 2021. I do think there are more than one teams that he could possibly get to Super Bowl with in 2 years. One of those are the Dolphins.
Agree with most of what you said.
However, DW4 is no TB.

A couple of thoughts, I believe that new GM Joe Douglas, new HC Robert Saleh and new OC Mike Lafluer will impress on DW4 that they will be contenders by 2022 without DW4 and contenders in 2021 with DW4. Also the bright lights of NYC and DW4 being the man of the town will bring lots of commercials, magazine covers, marketing deals that DW4 won't be able to say no to.

A couple of thoughts, I believe that new GM Joe Douglas, new HC Robert Saleh and new OC Mike Lafluer will impress on DW4 that they will be contenders by 2022 without DW4 and contenders in 2021 with DW4. Also the bright lights of NYC and DW4 being the man of the town will bring lots of commercials, magazine covers, marketing deals that DW4 won't be able to say no to.
Meh, I fail to see what a happier DW4 could do for a 2-14 Jets than what he could his own 4-12 Texans. 2022 maybe Jets can be PO contenders with him.

Yeah as really it is about a broken promise. And felt that he was promised something. But in the end, now they will have to trade him or in the trying to make amends with Watson. By all accounts hear a classy QB and person. But still it is the management ever since Bob McNair passed away that has been in awry!

All you have to do is watch him on the field, absolutely ruthless (as in Cold-blooded or Merciless). Not mean, not cruel, no cheating in anyway, but he will do whatever he has to do to achieve his goal.
Okay thanks for explaining. I just never thought while watching him on the field he was being ruthless. I do agree that he will do whatever we can to win on the field

I know it does not apply to all sports figures but I think there is some ego if you want to call it that or Pride involved in enjoying what another team was willing to give up to get you.

I know it does not apply to all sports figures but I think there is some ego if you want to call it that or Pride involved in enjoying what another team was willing to give up to get you.
To your point, Watson was LIKING him some NY Post headlines, "If Watson’s social media is any indication, he may be open to wearing green, Deshaun Watson is a big fan of The Post’s back page from Monday morning". :
1611117559758.png

Last edited:
I’d be intrigued by Jets #2 pick, #34, in 2021
Their 2022 #1
Their 2023 #2 but becomes a 1 if they make playoffs in 2021 or 2022, win 10+ games either season or Watson makes pro bowl either season. We could either take Fields/QB not named Lawerence or trade the #2 for more picks.

As far as Houston goes, I totally agree with your statement.

But if he decides to game this to get what he wants, the rest of the NFL would know exactly what he was doing, and why he was doing it. Outside this city a lot of people in the NFL would actually think he was brilliantly working a strategy to achieve his goal.

Believe me, in Miami, if he forced the Texans to trade him to the Dolphins for a 3rd, they would see him as a genius.
I guess if I saw AB acting the way he was with the Steelers then the Raiders, I don't want him on my team for fear of what he may try here if he becomes unhappy.
For a 3rd, he could sit out for all I cared, but I'm not trading him for less than a King's ransom.
I do however think he'll come around once he gets over his hissy fit.
I think we're all getting tired of it.

Somebody pls stick a knife in this thread. Or get it back on topic. Should we? Is it up to us? What’s the minimum take home for the trade to one of the likely clubs, and what would we do with it?

And let’s get real about the 6 #1s. Nothing remotely close to that is coming in a trade for Watson. Likely 2 1st and 2 2nd and a pretty well respected player or two.

HA! He's a big boy, he can take it. If Savage survived it (barely), Darnold can manage!

Best way to coach up the Oline, have a QB we don't care about taking hits and then the line can learn at their own pace.

"Ok Tunsil, Howard while your plan to keep him upright by having the QB take a hit from both sides and thus the impact cancelling each other out does work in cartoons, in real life the QB folds over like a book. Ok, someone find where Darnold's upper half got knocked to and lets take it from the top people."

Last edited:
To your point, Watson was LIKING him some NY Post headlines, "If Watson’s social media is any indication, he may be open to wearing green, Deshaun Watson is a big fan of The Post’s back page from Monday morning". :
View attachment 7448
I saw that but Deshaun has gone to many Rockets games and he and Harden are buds so it could just be a "congrats on your new location and let's head to the strips." Or---

I’d be intrigued by Jets #2 pick, #34, in 2021
Their 2022 #1
Their 2023 #2 but becomes a 1 if they make playoffs in 2021 or 2022, win 10+ games either season or Watson makes pro bowl either season. We could either take Fields/QB not named Lawerence or trade the #2 for more picks.
Are you angry at Jets 2021 pick 2.50 and their other 22 round one from Seattle? Yes those picks you mentioned are intriguing but let's keep their family together and adopt the entire family. Also would you swap Laremy Tunsil for LT Mekhi Becton? From Jets' POV, I would bring in veterans that can get us to POs and then closer to SB now as we have cap space. The new GM and HC wants to tell Woody Johnson see what I told you. Johnson desperately need some good for PR. Has his law suit been settled, anyone?

Tampa has a good roster.

I saw that but Deshaun has gone to many Rockets games and he and Harden are buds so it could just be a "congrats on your new location and let's head to the strips." Or---
The fact that Watson LIKED the back page of the Post which had nothing to do with Harden, I'm going to go with, Or---

Last edited:
I vaguely recalled this article and found it again to bring up a point. Watson hears about Reid and their GM asking for Mahomes input and thought he had the same thing here. Unfortunately, he didn't realize Cal and Easterby are not Reid or Veach. They will not keep him in the loop and will ignore his input. In fact, he might have as much organizational influence as Coutee. LOL.

Andy Reid Says Patrick Mahomes Asked Chiefs to Draft RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

I vaguely recalled this article and found it again to bring up a point. Watson hears about Reid and their GM asking for Mahomes input and thought he had the same thing here. Unfortunately, he didn't realize Cal and Easterby are not Reid or Veach. They will not keep him in the loop and will ignore his input. In fact, he might have as much organizational influence as Coutee. LOL.

Andy Reid Says Patrick Mahomes Asked Chiefs to Draft RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

There is a huge difference in "Who do we draft with the 32nd pick?" vs "Who should be the GM of the entire organization?".

Does ignore mean not hire who he wants them to hire?

Cuck has been chasing Caserio for 15 months.

Back