Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Should we trade Watson?

Should we trade Watson?

• Yes, without a doubt.

• Yes, depending on compensation (please list your trade scenario).

• No, never.

• No, unless he plays hardball and sits.

Results are only viewable after voting.
its been "a thing" since the Dunta Robinson drama...
The "McNair thing" is the one connecting thread of all the studs that were run traded away. Dunta Robinson, Dwayne Brown, AJ, Clowney, now Nuk and DW4.... the list grows and grows.
You can throw in trades like Osweiller and Tunsil and they all have one common denominator, BAD TERRIBLE TRADES, SOME OF THE ABSOLUTE WORST IN NFL HISTORY.

Apparently he wasn't mislead at all from what I was told today.

On two occasions since Ob was fired he has had discussions with Cal on potential GM & HC candidates.
One of those a sit down dinner with Watson & Cal , the second a meeting including Cal , Watson & David Mulughetta.

Watson didn't get mislead at all , he just didn't get who / what he wanted -

The Chris Mortensen tweet was spot on ....

If social justice has anything to do with this send his ass out now. So tired of that crap in sports. He has 159 million dollars he can spend it all on social justice BS if he wants. This team doesn't owe him or anyone else social justice anything.

On two occasions since Ob was fired he has had discussions with Cal on potential GM & HC candidates.
One of those a sit down dinner with Watson & Cal , the second a meeting including Cal , Watson & David Mulughetta.

I'd imagine the fan base will turn on Watson rather quickly when they realize this is about "social justice" & not Easterby.

Who really knows what his issue is? Until Watson comes out and speaks plain English to set the record straight, all anyone can do (media included) is guess and speculate while fanning the flames.
And while he chooses to remain silent on the subject, his employer and the franchise is getting drug through the mud and causing the HC search to be even harder.

Who really knows what his issue is? Until Watson comes out and speaks plain English to set the record straight, all anyone can do (media included) is guess and speculate while fanning the flames.

I absolutely agree.

Just posting that to point out that the main individual fanning the sjw flames immediately retracted those very flames himself.

And while he chooses to remain silent on the subject, his employer and the franchise is getting drug through the mud and causing the HC search to be even harder.

Bingo. He needs to man the f up and say what's on his mind. I hate the vague round about bs. Get to the point. I posted earlier in the thread it seems like Watson is a different person than he was before he signed the extension. Or was he just putting on a show until he got paid. Who knows.

Unfortunately there are not many Wreaking Crew Bob Gms around to get the Texans what they need. They might get 2 ones and that's it. The Texans have set the Bar for what not to do...

I’m getting to the point I’d almost rather they make Watson either play out his contract or make him sit and never give a no trade clause again. The drama has gotten old and even if this is being hyped up by the media Watson sure as hell isn't doing anything to stop it.

No player, even a franchise QB, is worth all this and putting fans through this kind of thing. I will say this Watson has proven he’s no Watt as far as being a stand up guy and respecting the fans go.

Unfortunately there are not many Wreaking Crew Bob Gms around to get the Texans what they need. They might get 2 ones and that's it. The Texans have set the Bar for what not to do...

Then you make him play out his contract. If he sits then you freeze his contract and his football career is over till either he takes to the field or agrees to let you trade him for what the Texans thinks is fair value no matter what team that is.

The Texans never had this dramatic annoying bullshit until they hired people who, ironically, were supposed to emulate the "least drama-filled tight ship."

Never could have comprehended saga after saga after saga after saga before 2014.

The team's failures were on the field and that's it.

What a joke.

Watson is a 25 year old kid with lots of money all of a sudden. He wants to be a man who can help build a franchise by chiming in with his thoughts on who the team should pursue as the next HC and wanted his opinion heard as to who the next GM should've been.

Now, instead of manning up and making his way to Kirby to discuss his displeasure face to face with Cal....he's resorted to posting silly juvenile post(s) about his feelings and what his demands could be. He's just created a massive media shitestorm b/c he couldn't be a man. These actions are exactly why he wouldn't or shouldn't have any voiced opinion on who the Texans should hire at any FO position. Now as this media frenzy picks up the pace he still hasn't manned up and made a statement. These are the actions of a silly juvenile who hasn't grown out of his skinny jeans.

The longer Watson takes to come out of hiding and discuss his position, the more fans will ditch his side of the story as a viable excuse.

This Cal and Easterby charade doesn't make matters any better. Dumb and Dumber "The Holy Chapter" is being written right before our eyes. Cal is not ready to be an owner and his insecurities have lead to Easterby finding a sad-sack who happens to own an NFL franchise that he can dupe into letting him be whatever he wants to be within the organization. This organization needs a former GM to come in and take the reins from Cal so this team can start making proper decisions.

Watson is a 25 year old kid with lots of money all of a sudden. He wants to be a man who can help build a franchise by chiming in with his thoughts on who the team should pursue as the next HC and wanted his opinion heard as to who the next GM should've been.

Now, instead of manning up and making his way to Kirby to discuss his displeasure face to face with Cal....he's resorted to posting silly juvenile post(s) about his feelings and what his demands could be. He's just created a massive media shitestorm b/c he couldn't be a man. These actions are exactly why he wouldn't or shouldn't have any voiced opinion on who the Texans should hire at any FO position. Now as this media frenzy picks up the pace he still hasn't manned up and made a statement. These are the actions of a silly juvenile who hasn't grown out of his skinny jeans.

The longer Watson takes to come out of hiding and discuss his position, the more fans will ditch his side of the story as a viable excuse.

And this is why I don't want this dumb vagtastic ***** to be the quarterback of the team anymore. It didn't start out that way, but he himself is responsible for this shift in public opinion and perception of him. Whether it's a "true shift" or not, what is anyone else supposed to think? We don't know because he's less coherent than Helen Keller trying to speak Arabic.

**** him. Let him go play social superhero or management meddler magnate or Twitter top dog somewhere else.

This Cal and Easterby charade doesn't make matters any better. Dumb and Dumber "The Holy Chapter" is being written right before our eyes. Cal is not ready to be an owner and his insecurities have lead to Easterby finding a sad-sack who happens to own an NFL franchise that he can dupe into letting him be whatever he wants to be within the organization. This organization needs a former GM to come in and take the reins from Cal so this team can start making proper decisions.

I am not against Wade Phillips coming back into the picture as a consultant and President. He can have Easterby's job and Jamey Roots job and probably steer this ship away from the waterfall it's headed towards. Cal needs a strong presence who cares about the city, and can teach him the basics of football, and most importantly, can protect him from those who want to take advantage of his cluelessness.

Last edited:
I think Caserio can do this... will he?

I to think Caserio could handle the job but I'd love to have him focus on the team. Janice and Cal's ignorance needs another mentor all together. A Bill Polian/Wade Phillips type that can come in and make the decisions that Caserio wouldn't be able to make.....like telling Easterby to pack his bags. A real football mind that Caserio can bounce his ideas off.....but most important, a real football person who can show the McNair's how to operate a successful NFL franchise without getting their hands dirty. He can show them how to just stand back and let the money come to them b/c nothing is better for an NFL franchise than winning and winning big. Texans are currently valued at 3.4B....that's after 20 years of this shite-show. Polian/Phillips would have to reinforce with the McNair's, just imagine what a Lombardi Trophy or 2 could do to the overall value of your organization. If they truly love money, this may be the only way to get them to take their not so bright paws off the team.

Yes Watson is a great player, but does his whining and bitching raise warning flags for teams potentially looking at him?

Of course he does. He's tanking his trade value too.

And other teams aren't gonna offer anything when they know the team has to get rid of him.

DW posted 2 lil tweets and the consensus is he the issue or partly responsible? How can one say that he shouldn't whine or have input about the Texans hierarchy and then say he should be responsible for ending the media circus that the Texans created. That being said, I wouldn't trade him period. I think he is better at his job than the management of the Texans are at theirs.

Janice has a total of 1B+ in immediate money and another 3.3B+ tied up in Texans value...... Janice, Cal and the others could dang near triple their windfall of immediate funds if they sell the Texans while riding off into the sunset knowing none of them will never have to work another day in their lives. Put it to a family vote b/c I'm gambling they'd sell to start the easy life. I wouldn't be surprised if the kids have already agreed to do this once it's exclusively their decision.

However, if Cal decides to get back into football, he could always buy a franchise from XFL owner Dwayne Johnson. Maybe he could revive the Gamblers name in Houston since it might best describe the team in general with him pulling the strings.
I doubt any of us know how much non monetary cache Cal gets from an NFL team. He is already into the easy life & may just want his increase to be annually rather than at one swoop, Quie'n sabe? (by Natti Natasha
). Of course as you indicate his siblings may think differently...we just don't know.

[QUOTE

see that’s my thing. All this $&@%-ery started when Nuk was traded before he signed his extension. If there was any inkling at all that you might want out, you don’t sign your extension. Now that you’re locked in, you’ve made it hard for yourself to be moved and have effectively handed most of the leverage to the FO.
For me I do think it began with Nuk trade but DW still was invested, still wanted to be here. Then add the other ingredients and the soup went to crapola.

Anyone think easterby can survive a Watson holdout?

Anyone think Cal can survive a Watson holdout

Anyone think Caserio wants to sit and watch this stand off?
1. yes but but he will not
2. yes and he will whether Deshaun goes or remains. Remember he cares only for $
3. No but he will be an NFL GM with a pay checkie

If a trade with Dolphins occurs and with a package that you and I both hope for and expect, Tu'a is a reasonable $8 million to us 2021. If necessary, we could cut him 2022 without the roster bonus and take only a $3.4 m hit. If not sure Caserio could use 1.3 for best QB available as insurance. I'm looking at Tagovaila as low cost throw in that if a boom would be amazing but if bust not too costly. We both have suggested using a trade to force poor contracts as Mercilus $7.5 to Miami as part of the Watson trade. We could use that to bring in Dolphins corner Xavien Howard $9.3m. IMO, we need to look at over all picture.
Why take tua. Get draft capital. We don’t need him. We need as many picks and or starters as we can get. Rebuild the OL and Defense. Tank for a year or two trading back compiling as many draft picks as we can. Build the team right.

why pass up draft capital for a QB who throws the ball to his check down 80% of the time. He’s David Carr light.

So which is it...Watsons upset about Easterby or that he’s not being included in the decision making? The story’s all over the place. The media pushing their agenda and DW4 and the players passive aggressively pushing theirs.

I think I just need to check out for a while until DW4 officially requests a trade or we hire a HC and we see how it goes from there.
Why does it have to be one or the other?:texans:

Back