Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Should we trade Watson?

Should we trade Watson?

• Yes, without a doubt.

• Yes, depending on compensation (please list your trade scenario).

• No, never.

• No, unless he plays hardball and sits.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think anything that needs to be said on this subject, is said right here at this link.

My favorite part being this nugget - And while Watson is a sure thing -- the Texans need to understand that more superb quarterbacks will enter the NFL through the draft. Look at the wave of young passers taking over the league today. If Houston could secure the No. 2 (Jets) or No. 3 overall (Dolphins) picks in the draft -- they'd be staring Justin Fields or Zach Wilson in the face. And those players would be astronomically cheaper than Watson -- his cap hit is set to skyrocket to $40.4M in 2021 and $42.4M in 2022.

I think anything that needs to be said on this subject, is said right here at this link.

My favorite part being this nugget - And while Watson is a sure thing -- the Texans need to understand that more superb quarterbacks will enter the NFL through the draft. Look at the wave of young passers taking over the league today. If Houston could secure the No. 2 (Jets) or No. 3 overall (Dolphins) picks in the draft -- they'd be staring Justin Fields or Zach Wilson in the face. And those players would be astronomically cheaper than Watson -- his cap hit is set to skyrocket to $40.4M in 2021 and $42.4M in 2022.
Anything that is said to be favorable to trading Watson might have been written in that article. But there's a strong argument on the other side that the author of that piece barely touched. Which is, you don't trade a franchise quarterback in their prime if you absolutely don't have to. And the Texans don't have to.

Why take tua. Get draft capital. We don’t need him. We need as many picks and or starters as we can get. Rebuild the OL and Defense. Tank for a year or two trading back compiling as many draft picks as we can. Build the team right.

why pass up draft capital for a QB who throws the ball to his check down 80% of the time. He’s David Carr light.
Tu'a eval depends on what each of us think. I think he is going to be better than avg 2021 and grow from there. Everyone wants coaching that will benefit Watson and bring out even better, right? Same coaching should benefit any young QB including Tag. If I know I can draft Zach Wilson, I am not locked in on Tu'a. I would negotiate from I don't want him but you bring me a package that I want and I might take him to help you out.

Tagovaila costs us only $ 7.8 in 2021; if he is what I think--very good price. My focus is "Hey, Dolphins you want Watson we have to eat $21.6. You want me to take Tu'a that's another $7.8. No way...well...take Merci that's $7.5 so what else you got?"

After we have that deal in hand, I'd say, you know Watson loves Brandin Cooks and Brandin recently said he will refuse to accept another trade but...
That corner you have that's PO and want's a better contract ..what's his name? X something or other. Look I will take Howard's 2021 $9.3 hit and trade you Cooks $12 straight up. You desperately need a thousand yard guy and he had 1,150 and has missed only one game since 2014. I bet he will even accept a reasonable extension to play with his guy and lower his cap. Of course, Tua's or Wilson will need an excellent WR also so...

Oh before I forget, did I mention that my other six lines are lit up?

Very true. It’s why I don’t think Miami or jets make a trade for Watson. They have the picks for both those players (fields or Wilson) and still have the ammo and cap space to improve their team overall.

Very true. It’s why I don’t think Miami or jets make a trade for Watson. They have the picks for both those players (fields or Wilson) and still have the ammo and cap space to improve their team overall.

Except Watson is a proven generational talent and the other two unknown rookies to be

Great article

Spot On

Except Watson is a proven generational talent and the other two unknown rookies to be
How much will he improve the jets? That team has more holes than we do, they are not a QB away from the promise lands. Maybe dolphins.......maybe but highly doubt it imo

While it’s going to suck to lose Watson, I’m growing tired and annoyed at all those b1tch like “cryptic” messages he (and all these young cats) posts on social media. I wish he’d come out and say what his problem really is, it could be that little slut he’s messing around with that’s in his ear, but I guess we won’t know until a move is actually made.
I trust Caserio with getting a haul of draft picks and building an entirely new team. As long as he brings in good scouts to go along with good coordinators and position coaches. Let’s do this thing right!

You don't have a 2nd RD to trade and if you trade a next year 1st rd you've to pay a premium. So if you want to move up in the 1st in 2021 it normally cost a 1st in 2022. I'm not sure you can get any more value than Jets (2) first in 2021 and (2) first in 2022.

If you traded with Miami,you would have their two 1's and two 2's this year plus picks next year and maybe Xavien Howard or you don't do it. But I was just answering your comment that it would take additional 1 to move up 1 spot.

I agree, Watson's value will likely never be as high as it it right now. While his numbers are inflated because he was playing from behind most of the season and didn't have a running game to speak of, he was still able to produce at a remarkably high level. Many would have failed miserably in DW4's position. The iron will never be hotter, the time to strike is now. Go Jets!

Great article

Spot On
I'm not sure some have a full understanding of the ramifications from the following statement from the article:

"The Texans are $17.8M over the projected 2021 cap of $176 million, according to OverTheCap.com. To make financial matters worse, they're projected to have the fewest amount of cap space in 2022 at just $43.7M. For context, the divisional rival Colts have $155.3M".

Janice has a total of 1B+ in immediate money and another 3.3B+ tied up in Texans value...... Janice, Cal and the others could dang near triple their windfall of immediate funds if they sell the Texans while riding off into the sunset knowing none of them will never have to work another day in their lives. Put it to a family vote b/c I'm gambling they'd sell to start the easy life. I wouldn't be surprised if the kids have already agreed to do this once it's exclusively their decision.

However, if Cal decides to get back into football, he could always buy a franchise from XFL owner Dwayne Johnson. Maybe he could revive the Gamblers name in Houston since it might best describe the team in general with him pulling the strings.

If he has $1B or $2B, it doesn't make any difference. Guys like that just like to rub elbows with other Billionaires. That is what happened to Bud Adams. It was all about Prestige, nothing else.

How a Watson and a few others could affect the Texans in a positive manner going into the 2021 season:

TRADE 1
Miami Get:
QB- Watson (Full Contract)
LB- Mercilus (Full Contract)

Texans Get:
CB- Howard (Full Contract)
2021 RD1-03-003
2021 RD1-18-018
2021 RD2-03-035
2022 RD1
2023 RD2

TRADE 2
Jacksonville Get:
LT- Tunsiln(Full Contract)
LB- McKinney (Full Contract)

Texans Get:
2021 RD1-25-025
2021 RD2-13-045

TRADE 3
Green Bay Get:
DE- Watt (Full Contract)

Texans Get:
2021 RD3-032-096

TRADE 4
Washington Get:
Cook (Full Contract)

Texans Get:
2021 RD3-10-074

TEXANS 2021 NFL Draft
3- RD1: 03, 18, 25

2- RD2: 03 (035), 13 (045)

3- RD3: 03 (067), 10 (074), 32 (096)

2- RD4: 03 (099?), 16 (112?)

1- RD5: 03 (131?)

3- RD6: 03 (164?), 18 (178?), 29 (189?)

1- RD7: 03 (195?)
**? = Order before COMP Picks are factored in** **15 Picks in the 2021 NFL Draft would be needed to offset the Dead Money, trades, and cuts** **This will be a deep draft class to fill holes with**

TEXANS 2022 NFL DRAFT
2- RD1 Picks

TEXANS 2023 NFL DRAFT
2- RD1 Picks

How a Watson and a few others could affect the Texans in a positive manner going into the 2021 season:

TRADE 1
Miami Get:
QB- Watson (Full Contract)
LB- Mercilus (Full Contract)

Texans Get:
CB- Howard (Full Contract)
2021 RD1-03-003
2021 RD1-18-018
2021 RD2-03-035
2022 RD1
2023 RD2

TRADE 2
Jacksonville Get:
LT- Tunsiln(Full Contract)
LB- McKinney (Full Contract)

Texans Get:
2021 RD1-25-025
2021 RD2-13-045

TRADE 3
Green Bay Get:
DE- Watt (Full Contract)

Texans Get:
2021 RD3-032-096

TRADE 4
Washington Get:
Cook (Full Contract)

Texans Get:
2021 RD3-10-074

TEXANS 2021 NFL Draft
3- RD1: 03, 18, 25

2- RD2: 03 (035), 13 (045)

3- RD3: 03 (067), 10 (074), 32 (096)

2- RD4: 03 (099?), 16 (112?)

1- RD5: 03 (131?)

3- RD6: 03 (164?), 18 (178?), 29 (189?)

1- RD7: 03 (195?)
**? = Order before COMP Picks are factored in** **15 Picks in the 2021 NFL Draft would be needed to offset the Dead Money, trades, and cuts** **This will be a deep draft class to fill holes with**

TEXANS 2022 NFL DRAFT
2- RD1 Picks

TEXANS 2023 NFL DRAFT
2- RD1 Picks
This took a lot of work. 2 shay

Before we did something like this they need to keep shopping for a better deal and not take the first offer like they did with Hopkins.

Just posted a thread. According to someone close to the team...we are exploring trade offers now. It was the last one of many I read. Not sure if I should believe it or not. But the site is pretty accurate most of the time.

I can certainly appreciate the effort in piecing this together..

that said trades 2 and 4 are ridiculous.

Just because we grossly overpaid for Tunsil doesn't mean that's his universal price tag. And Washington don't even have a QB, much less the desire to overpay for an oft-injured WR.

The Watson and Watt trades are reasonably plausible though, imo..

Back