Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Should Mills be given the reins next season?

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
no problem with that. Why should that stop you from drafting a potential FRANCHISE QB? If Mills cant Hold the kid off he after two years of development he’s not the right guy for the job anyway.
If you're getting 3,800 yds and a 3:1 TD to INT ratio, why would you draft another QB in the 1st round instead of adding some better pieces around the QB you already have? Especially when you consider the lack of proven talent the Texans have, outside of Cooks, at WR. FRANCHISE QBs don't have to be a high 1st round pick.

Signed, Tom Brady, Warren Moon, Joe Montana, Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott, Derek Carr

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Dude just has quiet confidence, also seems really mature for his age.. I like it, really hope everything works for him and he proves he's the franchise guy. The sooner we figure out that position, the sooner this franchise can have stability, and the sooner we can get back to competing for something again. Really don't want to have to go through another QB carousel again. That was tough to watch.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
It might be only TC. But, from what I've heard Mills had 1 bad day, believe day 1. And since is around 85% completion percent and like 7 of 10 redzone TDs. If he can translate that to the regular season and keep it say high 60 low 70% completion and keep the TD numbers with low INTs (single digits). We look great picking him. And I really see no reason for him not to keep up the pace come real games.

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
It might be only TC. But, from what I've heard Mills had 1 bad day, believe day 1. And since is around 85% completion percent and like 7 of 10 redzone TDs. If he can translate that to the regular season and keep it say high 60 low 70% completion and keep the TD numbers with low INTs (single digits). We look great picking him. And I really see no reason for him not to keep up the pace come real games.
The concern I'm having right now is that it's sounding like he's not as aggressive, he's taking a lot of checkdowns, and he's less successful on his deep balls than he was last year.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The concern I'm having right now is that it's sounding like he's not as aggressive, he's taking a lot of checkdowns, and he's less successful on his deep balls than he was last year.
He will be fine.

He is missing weapons though.

I sure wish Caserio would bring in Turpin to man the slot. That guys a weapon.

Porky

Hall of Fame
Checkdown Charlie reporting for duty. Interested to see what the reg season brings but I just don’t think the guy is a playmaker.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Where are you hearing this?

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
Reactions: JB

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
From what I heard from my boy who went to the practice, is that that’s what the coaching wanted him to do. They wasn’t running deep route patterns.
Right. It’s training camp. Today might just be check down day and they do nothing but work on that.

Good or bad, nobody should be taking these “reports” with anything other than a grain of salt. It’s practice. They’re in shorts. There’s no hitting the QB. There’s no tackling except for the few times they’re in pads. And it’s Texans vs. Texans. Honestly, not much to see here, and won’t be until the regular season starts.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
From what I heard from my boy who went to the practice, is that that’s what the coaching wanted him to do. They wasn’t running deep route patterns.
Thanks for clarifying. I doubt Lovie nor Pep were calling plays over the PA system so fans understood the play called. Did anyone see Pep toss his clipboard to the ground b/c he called “bomb” and "Check-down Charlie" went short instead? Did he get his face mask yanked a bit….you know, his helmet might need to move a yard or two before the body follows or feels the impact, so it would be some what obvious due to the laughter that would surely follow.

Mills is doing just fine. Most everyone likes what they say and that’s mostly his receivers.

Last edited: