Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

Earl34

Hall of Fame
The ironic part is that Hopkins might have been keeping Watson in check and in trying to help the situation Texans made it worse. Now I’m not blaming the Texans for that because they were trying to protect their biggest investment and Watson is responsible for his own actions but it’s still ironic.
A couple of weeks ago, I made a similar post about the quick fix trade simply masking the problem and might have made things worst. I guess Watson couldn't relate to the "too many baby momma" speech and it should have been too many masseuses.

Maybe, instead of trading Hopkins, as a prerequisite to giving Watson that new contract, they should have hired a character coach or someone with better communication skills than O'Brien to do some "scared straight" sessions with Watson and Hopkins. Oh...Wait... :kitten:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
If anything that falls under prostitution & that’s forgivable... understandable. The public really doesn’t care.

Sexual assault is totally different & no one was thinking Hopkins was turning Watson on to that.
Hopkins introduced Watson to the heavy party life and the barrel of low hanging fruit that goes with it. Yet Hopkins like most other elite athletes has understood and accepted that his own celebrity would give him all that he should "need." He would not have found any need to force himself onto women. Watson, on the other hand, was not satisfied with normal limits of his "gifts" and felt entitled to go after and force what he "wanted" using any means he could. I do strongly feel that Watson's pathology didn't.......and still doesn't allow him to believe he did anything wrong..........in plain words, my penis belongs anywhere I want..............

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Buzbee is wiping the damn deck with him.. Even flipped and discredited his entire "list of eighteen" defense WITH evidence in one freaking press conference..

For the people who keep bitching and moaning Buzbee is only doing this for the money and not justice for his clients, please just shut up.. Of coarse He's doing it to get paid (Since when did we start attacking people for getting financially compensated for their skills?), but why can't he be doing it for money, public recognition, and also justice for his clients? Just because the ends of the "right thing do" meets both ulterior and external motives, that doesn't make Buzbee a POS.. Back in the day, that used to be called a damn "win/win" or having your cake and eating it too..

Rusty Hardin despite a winner's reputation just took on a impossible case to win, his win record be damned.. Why?, because of money! Watson will send him off into retirement with a big fat stinky fist full of cash
.. EVERYONE is about to be paid by Watson and it's no one's fault, but Deshaun Watson's

I thought we hit a SB homerun when we drafted this kid, thought he was a good kid, and a future star. Well atleast that home he bought for Mama is in the free and clear of this mess, because if all of this goes where it appears to be going, Deshaun may be living in that home with Mama upon his release.. from prison.

I've been thinking long and hard about this whole mess and I can honestly say (again if the situation ultimately goes where I'm thinking it's going to end up) I can't remember a bigger fall from grace in sports history.. Given the wasted rare athletic ability, wasted legacy, and wasted earning potential, biggest fall from grace in sports history imo.

Even by the slim chance he doesn't get criminally convicted. He's already cost himself a incalculable amount in the hundreds of millions of dollars given his talent at the position he played and the earning potential that position brings in today's league.. and He pissed it all away for what? Seeking out perverted rub downs and happy endings? There will be no happy ending to this story, I feel so bad for his mother right now.
Agreed about Busbee/Hardin and DW4's mom.

OJ is the only guy I can think of that had a harder fall from grace.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
A couple of weeks ago, I made a similar post about the quick fix trade simply masking the problem and might have made things worst. I guess Watson couldn't relate to the "too many baby momma" speech and it should have been too many masseuses.

Maybe, instead of trading Hopkins, as a prerequisite to giving Watson that new contract, they should have hired a character coach or someone with better communication skills than O'Brien to do some "scared straight" sessions with Watson and Hopkins. Oh...Wait... :kitten:
You can't fix the S- word or this kind of addiction.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Hopkins introduced Watson to the heavy party life and the barrel of low hanging fruit that goes with it. Yet Hopkins like most other elite athletes has understood and accepted that his own celebrity would give him all that he should "need." He would not have found any need to force himself onto women. Watson, on the other hand, was not satisfied with normal limits of his "gifts" and felt entitled to go after and force what he "wanted" using any means he could. I do strongly feel that Watson's pathology didn't.......and still doesn't allow him to believe he did anything wrong..........in plain words, my penis belongs anywhere I want..............
If these allegations have any truth to them I'm starting to draw the same conclusion. One thing in one of these filings that has always stuck out to me is that one of the women said that Watson said "No one has ever said no to me before." I actually would believe that which can lead to a feeling of entitlement. Watson clearly has some type of mental issue, no one has that many therapists in that short a time, now whether that issue took a darker turn remains to be seen but either way the public imagine he had of being almost a saint was clearly false.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Why?

"Im right, everyone else is wrong unless they agree."

There, imagine that reposted 1 million times, using far more and bigger words to show how high my intellect and eloquence or IF lacking a valid counter point revert to name calling and you have the politics section.

You're welcome.
I can't agree with that .... we had a stretch of at 12-15 years where the conversations in the NSZ were great .... then it broke. I don't know what exactly broke it .... but it broke.

Texansballer74

The Marine

Yes Hopkins along with Harden showed him the ropes. But during Watson's rookie year Hopkins checked him for partying too much.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
If that connection is ever confirmed with proof, the McNairs will be forced to sell the franchise.

Yep. And I'm wondering about all of the former employees that were not "cultural fits". They can be deposed if these Watson suits end up in court. All it takes is one of them admitting that they knew something about Watson and Instagram being used to find women. We lowly fans have been hearing that rumor ever since Nuk was traded.
You know what's funny is that no one in the media has mentioned that yet .... while we've discussed it since the day DHop was traded.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
You know what's funny is that no one in the media has mentioned that yet .... while we've discussed it since the day DHop was traded.
The media will protect the athletes as long as they possibly can because the athletes and interviewing them is what brings ratings. No one will mention a Hopkins connection unless something directly links him because they don't want to risk getting cut off. Its just like the old hard nose journalists that use to expose corruption, didn't take long before they stopped getting invited to press conferences and so started missing stories which equaled missing rating. Sports media can't afford to have athletes not willing to talk to them out of fear their dirty laundry might get exposed. I mean look at the whole thing with Watson, no one is pounding the pavement trying to defend him more than the media.

banned1976

sleeper mode
So, hypothetically speaking (because innocent until proven guilty is still the law of the land but, most of us, me included, believe the women in this case), Narcissistic Personality Disorder or Antisocial Personality Disorder. Comorbid with a Paraphilic Disorder. It would be an interesting case to (excuse the pun) get to the bottom of.

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
So, $100000 would have kept this mess behind closed doors or in private? Watson stands to lose millions right now. Talk about bad advice.
My guess is that Watson or someone thought, "If you pay this one and it gets , there might be another 20 or 30 something women who will come around looking for a check."

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
The media will protect the athletes as long as they possibly can because the athletes and interviewing them is what brings ratings. No one will mention a Hopkins connection unless something directly links him because they don't want to risk getting cut off. Its just like the old hard nose journalists that use to expose corruption, didn't take long before they stopped getting invited to press conferences and so started missing stories which equaled missing rating. Sports media can't afford to have athletes not willing to talk to them out of fear their dirty laundry might get exposed. I mean look at the whole thing with Watson, no one is pounding the pavement trying to defend him more than the media.
This a perfect example right in our own back yard, as related by the Boston media.:

Aaron Wilson, who covers the Texans for the Houston Chronicle, vouched for Watson’s character during the 10-minute conversation. But troublingly, he mixed in unfounded insinuations against the now-16 accusers, implying they’re part of a shakedown.

“In (Watson’s) case, you don’t negotiate with terrorists,” Wilson said. “People are demanding money, they’re asking for money. It kept escalating, it kept going up and up and up. You’re talking about more and more funds, I’m not going to say how much it got to, but my understanding is there was an admission that, it was just a money grab.”

Wilson doesn’t elaborate what he’s referencing, though Watson said he previously rejected a “baseless” six-figure settlement claim from Houston attorney Tony Buzbee, who’s representing all 16 women. Still, it’s pretty crass to describe the accusers, most of whom are massage therapists, as “terrorists.”

THE REST OF THE STORY

TERRORISTS???? Wilson has stopped being a reporter. Here is the podast with Wilson's comments.

Last edited:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
For those who may have missed it.

Last week, 18 professional massage therapists came forward in support of Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, saying the allegations are not consistent with the experiences they’ve had with the star athlete. One was Jas Brooks:

“I began providing massage therapy to Deshaun in 2018 and have massaged him at least 40 times since then. I worked with him once or twice a week during the season and as needed during the off season. Early on, he said he wanted me to focus on his hamstrings [he had a trainer that worked on his upper body] and just to work the lactic acid out of his legs. This included the groin, glutes and feet. He never asked me any questions and hardly ever spoke at all. In all that time, I never had a single uncomfortable or inappropriate experience with Deshaun.”
On Tuesday, attorney Tony Buzbee questioned that supporter as knowing about Watson’s reputation in a direct message that reads as follows:

“I told you I stopped working with [Deshaun Watson]. Because I was hearing too much stuff about him messing with other people. . . . He’s been doing a lot in the last three or four months. I even told his ass he needed to be careful because his names getting around. I just hope don’t nobody call me to question me.”

There goes the $$$. There goes our star qb. There goes any hope of getting something for him in draft capital.

let’s get Alex smith and least tank with some style.

we’re gonna be hurting for years. Like a 4 year rebuild

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Didn't the Texans fire the equipment manager?

Maybe now we know why that happened.
Something not mentioned is the following, which clearly had someone within the Texans organization involved:

"Buzbee said that some of the provided messages show Watson telling an alleged victim that he will borrow a massage table from the Houston Texans to use at the session. Buzbee said Watson borrowed equipment from the team multiple times." Source

If anything that falls under prostitution & that’s forgivable... understandable. The public really doesn’t care.

Sexual assault is totally different & no one was thinking Hopkins was turning Watson on to that.
That was never implied in my post. I have never ever connected Nuk with any of these Watson sexual assaults.

My point was that someone within the Texans knew that Watson was doing things that could be considered detrimental to their cause. What they knew is anyone's guess.

Yes.

parties, prostitutes, maybe drugs. Those are the kind of things the Texans we’re trying to keep Watson away from.

To say they thought hanging with Hopkins would turn Watson into a rapist is preposterous. Or that they had an inkling he was raping women... that’s unsubstantiated.
Pure speculation. We have absolutely no evidence to suggest what the Texans knew or did not know or were trying to keep Watson away from.

What we have is rumors and gossip, and we are just fans piecing together a 1000 pc. puzzle while blindfolded.

Everybody might as well start getting comfortable with the fact Watson isn't playing for the Texans anymore and it's unlikely there'll be any compensation for his loss in the draft.

Sports fans in Houston get screwed again. :smiliepalm:
We need to have someone conduct a séance at NRG to find out what is needed to release the curse on that burial ground. :voodoo:

Yep. It's those conflicts of interests and ulterior motives that have most people being suspicious of corporate media in general.

And Nike has no moral compass whatsoever. If they are dumping him, they must know it’s bad.
Real bad.
QFT. Nike doesn't care if their products are made by Chinese slave labor, but this will impact their image and that's all they care about.

This a perfect example right in our own back yard, as related by the Boston media.:

Aaron Wilson, who covers the Texans for the Houston Chronicle, vouched for Watson’s character during the 10-minute conversation. But troublingly, he mixed in unfounded insinuations against the now-16 accusers, implying they’re part of a shakedown.

“In (Watson’s) case, you don’t negotiate with terrorists,” Wilson said. “People are demanding money, they’re asking for money. It kept escalating, it kept going up and up and up. You’re talking about more and more funds, I’m not going to say how much it got to, but my understanding is there was an admission that, it was just a money grab.”

Wilson doesn’t elaborate what he’s referencing, though Watson said he previously rejected a “baseless” six-figure settlement claim from Houston attorney Tony Buzbee, who’s representing all 16 women. Still, it’s pretty crass to describe the accusers, most of whom are massage therapists, as “terrorists.”

THE REST OF THE STORY

TERRORISTS???? Wilson has stopped being a reporter. Here is the podast with Wilson's comments.
Aaron Wilson can suck an egg. I lost any/all respect I had for the dude when I saw that interview. He should be run out of town as just another stooge for the corporate media.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Nah. Caserio can rebuild this in 2 years if he does it right. Smith was 10-6 as a starter for WASH. I’d rather just roll with Tyrod and find a way to draft QB Davis Mills STAN.
Let him sit a year and start getting him weapons next year.
Under the right leadership teams can turn around fairly quickly just as they can rapidly falter and fail badly under the wrong leadership.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
We should get a player exception for him. How much would that free up? Anyone know how that works?
You mean the commissioner except list? If so then Texans wouldn't get anything and Watson could sit at home the whole time he's on it drawing his full salary. Only way that would help the Texans is if he is put on it then they can void his new contract and only pay him what he's owed for the 2021 season.