Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

Getting sick of watching duckers use C-19 as their excuse for not going to work. I wonder if all these concerned judges have barricaded themselves in their homes to avoid C-19? Probably not….bet all their arses are enjoying dinner out, the golf course, movies, shopping, etc. Time to turn off the paydays and then stand back to see how many want to sit around with no income.

Watson had to show up to camp and is pissed about it. So his team all of a sudden made noise about the trade again.

OR.......maybe it was just the Texans who felt the need to put the statement out to appease fans & assure them that they're on board.....& have been on board for some time with finding a favorable resolution.

OR.......maybe it was just the Texans who felt the need to put the statement out to appease fans & assure them that they're on board.....& have been on board for some time with finding a favorable resolution.
Naw, they don’t work like that. Watson’s camp has been the ones to push info to ESPN from the start. His QB coach just did an interview with them over the weekend.

But we know that is not how the Texans work.

Naw, they don’t work like that. Watson’s camp has been the ones to push info to ESPN from the start. His QB coach just did an interview with them over the weekend.

I think both of y'all are wrong. Berman basically tweeted something out Pelissero tweeted out 7 hours earlier. Plus There have been numerous folks who have periodically checked in with DW4's camp since it largely went quiet to see if he has changed his stance & have reported that it has not. His stance is known & has been throughout. The last & really only official thing we've ever heard of from the Texans is that they want DW4 to be in a Texans uni. I don't think they expected him to show up. He did. So I believe the Texans put out something through Pelissero to officially confirm what most of us already pretty much knew..& to appease fans; alot of which who have been polarized by this. They've been listening to trade offers for a while, & nothing reasonable has materialized.

Well 1st, he didn't have to show up to get the tweet Pelissero/Berman put out....Could've gotten that same tweet & not shown up at all. 2nd, I don't necessarily think DW4 would know what if any trade offers the Texans have been listening to.

I just think the Texans put the statement out thru Pelissero trying to be proactive with the fans to stave off any protests that might arise by him showing up to camp unexpectedly. Trying to reassure them then that they're doing all they can within reason to move on from him...That's a stance they hadn't officially copped to until now.

Did you notice this was released to the news by Hardin, Watson's lawyer. Why? Seems to me he may be trying to force the Texans' hand and be placed on approved absence.
Force their hand to do what? Doesn't this drop his trade value? Caveat emptor.

I'm talking about the Texans placing him on the approved absence list and not Goodell placing him on the exempt list.

Currently Watson is being forced to suit up on Wednesday and take to the practice field, after he said he'd never play again for the Texans.

He likely fully thought Goodell would place him on the exempt list. When this didn't happen he's now trying to get placed on the team's approved absence list rather than show up at the team's facility every day.

The Texans can still trade him if the opportunity arises. Has no impact since this is the team's move and not Goodell's.

Ten criminal complaints are pending against Deshaun Watson July 26, 2021, 4:26 PM EDT Florio

With Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson back in the fold (for now) and the team trying to trade him but wanting way too much given his current circumstances, Watson’s lawyer has shared with ESPN some of the details about Watson’s current circumstances.

Via John Barr of ESPN.com, attorney Rusty Hardin said that 10 women in all have filed criminal complaints against Watson. Two who have filed criminal complaints have not filed lawsuit against Watson. This increases the total number of women alleging that Watson committed misconduct to 24.

“We’re fully cooperating with the police,” Hardin said. “We’re fully cooperating with the District Attorney’s office and, when the criminal investigation is over we’ll fully cooperate with the NFL.”

This changes things, but I'd think a complaint is not the same as a charge. With the backlog, this could push a resolution back even further, into 2023, maybe. Is the exempt list back in play? Does it affect trade talks?

If the answer is the victim wants charges to filed, then the answer is yes.

Ten criminal complaints are pending against Deshaun Watson July 26, 2021, 4:26 PM EDT Florio

With Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson back in the fold (for now) and the team trying to trade him but wanting way too much given his current circumstances, Watson’s lawyer has shared with ESPN some of the details about Watson’s current circumstances.

Via John Barr of ESPN.com, attorney Rusty Hardin said that 10 women in all have filed criminal complaints against Watson. Two who have filed criminal complaints have not filed lawsuit against Watson. This increases the total number of women alleging that Watson committed misconduct to 24.

“We’re fully cooperating with the police,” Hardin said. “We’re fully cooperating with the District Attorney’s office and, when the criminal investigation is over we’ll fully cooperate with the NFL.”

24 and counting

LMAO

Maybe to force the Texans to lower their trade demands so it would be easier for another team to acquire his services?

Maybe both Hardin and Watson are just that slimy.

More than ever I want the Texans to play hardball. Don’t lower the picks/player compensation.

EDIT- more slimy than already alleged to be.

Last edited:
I'm talking about the Texans placing him on the approved absence list and not Goodell placing him on the exempt list.

Currently Watson is being forced to suit up on Wednesday and take to the practice field, after he said he'd never play again for the Texans.

He likely fully thought Goodell would place him on the exempt list. When this didn't happen he's now trying to get placed on the team's approved absence list rather than show up at the team's facility every day.

The Texans can still trade him if the opportunity arises. Has no impact since this is the team's move and not Goodell's.

I would make the Pervert go stand in 100 degree heat for as long I could.

I would also make him available for media sessions daily. That would be very entertaining watch the Pervert trip over his penis on a daily basis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the rest of the Florio story:

Attorney Tony Buzbee, who represents the 22 women suing Watson, also provided a statement to ESPN on Monday.

“As of today, almost half of these women have given sworn statements to the police, and almost half have spoken to the NFL’s investigative team,” Buzbee said. “Both processes are very lengthy. We expect to provide further information to the NFL from all victims.”

Hardin reiterated his longstanding position that any settlement could not include a confidentiality provision.

“I do not want anybody to be saying that this guy paid off women to stay quiet and so, if there ever was a settlement of any kind, it would have to be public and therefore both sides, [Watson] and the women, would be able to say to the world at large whatever they wanted,” Hardin said.

It’s hard not to think that Hardin’s candor is aimed at getting the Texans to drop their price (supposedly three first-round draft picks and then some) to reflect the various uncertainties regarding Watson’s status. He could still be placed on paid leave. He could still face criminal charges. He could still lose anywhere from one to 22 trials.

Indeed, Hardin made it clear that he believes teams are ready to do a deal, in light of all current circumstances.

“Teams are ready to jump now if the Texans would trade with them, even while all this is pending,” Hardin said. There’s no question that teams, numerous teams, are still interested. The ball is in the Texans court.”

The onus is on the Texans to drop their price. If they do, perhaps the Broncos or Eagles or Dolphins (or someone else) will bite.

Indeed, Hardin made it clear that he believes teams are ready to do a deal, in light of all current circumstances.

“Teams are ready to jump now if the Texans would trade with them, even while all this is pending,” Hardin said. There’s no question that teams, numerous teams, are still interested. The ball is in the Texans court.”

This has been a paid political announcement by Hardin...........no team will touch Watson until things are pretty well wrapped up. Strike Denver as an interested party...........a figment of a single Bronco's player. Watson's only true interest is the Dolphins, but the Dophins aren't about to pull the trigger for a commodity of unknown future.

This has been a paid political announcement by Hardin...........no team will touch Watson until things are pretty well wrapped up. Strike Denver as an interested party...........a figment of a single Bronco's player. Watson's only true interest is the Dolphins, but the Dophins aren't about to pull the trigger for a commodity of unknown future.
Using the fact there are so many complaints to attempt to force a trade, let’s me know where they think this is heading

The Texans are so irrelevant that all the talk shows are still gas bagging over whether or not Rodgers will play with the Packers this year.

Dude needs to just go away. Of course he showed up, he needs the coin. He won’t play for the Texans again.

Sometimes it’s better…. Oh never mind.

My dad and I were just talking about how money makes some folks feel privileged. I guess ol DW thought he could get away with his “Oily” fetishes and keep the women quiet. I kind of hope he never plays again with anyone. Just my opinion, of course.

Attorney Tony Buzbee, who represents the 22 women suing Watson, also provided a statement to ESPN on Monday.

“As of today, almost half of these women have given sworn statements to the police, and almost half have spoken to the NFL’s investigative team,” Buzbee said. “Both processes are very lengthy. We expect to provide further information to the NFL from all victims.”

Hardin reiterated his longstanding position that any settlement could not include a confidentiality provision.

“I do not want anybody to be saying that this guy paid off women to stay quiet and so, if there ever was a settlement of any kind, it would have to be public and therefore both sides, [Watson] and the women, would be able to say to the world at large whatever they wanted,” Hardin said.

It’s hard not to think that Hardin’s candor is aimed at getting the Texans to drop their price (supposedly three first-round draft picks and then some) to reflect the various uncertainties regarding Watson’s status. He could still be placed on paid leave. He could still face criminal charges. He could still lose anywhere from one to 22 trials.

The onus is on the Texans to drop their price. If they do, perhaps the Broncos or Eagles or Dolphins (or someone else) will bite.
This part is new info to me. Last I read only four had been interviewed and were upset at NFL's Lisa Friel. IIRC Buzz had said the others would not agree to be interviewed...

Sounds like Watson may have staged the whole thing.

highlighting news so that I am able to find it later...

Yahoo Sports: The NFL just delivered a PR win to Deshaun Watson in his sexual misconduct litigation.

You gonna have to explain to me how that's a Win for Watson when he's doing something he previously stated he didn't want to do ?

And just because it hasn't happened YET doesn't mean it won't happen.

The odds of Watson taking a snap in the NFL this season are next to Nill.

The league did the Texans a solid by not placing him on that list and forcing him to show or not.

This changes things, but I'd think a complaint is not the same as a charge. With the backlog, this could push a resolution back even further, into 2023, maybe. Is the exempt list back in play? Does it affect trade talks?

How the hell does this change anything ? Me & @CloakNNNdagger have both made similar statements for the last 3 freaking months.

Force Goodell to place him on the CEL - He doesn't want to have anything to do with the Texans remember ?

Getting placed on the CEL is an easy out.

How the hell does this change anything ? Me & @CloakNNNdagger have both made similar statements for the last 3 freaking months.

By the way , her numbers are incorrect.

At Least 11 criminal complaints

9 of those not part of the civil suit.
With, now, 10, or 11, criminal complaints, Goodell may reconsider not placing Watson on the exempt list.

With, now, 10, or 11, criminal complaints, Goodell may reconsider not placing Watson on the exempt list.

These are the same cases @CloakNNNdagger and I have been telling you guys about for months , Goodell has known about them for months , nothing at all has changed ....

I do expect Watson to eventually end up on the CEL , but I think its absolutely comical that he's being forced to squirm like a worm for the time being.

Back