Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

Yahoo Sports: The NFL just delivered a PR win to Deshaun Watson in his sexual misconduct litigation.

8 million in Off field money is a very significant amount. We've already discussed that he has reported officially so he is not holding out at this point. The 30 million dollars is in his pocket as of now. I don't see how he's bleeding money anywhere.

Hardin has already gotten a good chunk of that and Buzbee/the women will probably get the rest.

This has been going on for almost a yr and will probably go on another 2 yrs. Say Hardin conservatively is making 5 mil a yr off of this case counting all expenses, that's 15 mil gone right there. The rest is a question of how conservative do you think the Pervert has been living. From the looks of it I would say not very conservative. Then you have the civil suits that most likely will be settled at some point. Yep, he's going to need the money.

It's not surprising to me at all that he showed up, even though he knows he's no longer wanted down on Kirby.

Unknown to you doesn't mean it there isn't any. The TexansTalk law firm is not handling any of the cases, and any court procedings will not take place here either.
Nor does it mean there is any. If it exists I would think something would have leaked somewhere by now.

I agree on bolded but you do not know that and why justice process needs to work out. His behavior on table 'as reported' should make them uncomfortable but we do not know if he coerced or forced them physically to touch them against their will.

Again what you or I or anyone here thinks is not evidence.

I know that he used his position of influence to make these women feel uncomfortable at the very least. #OILYWATSON

Hardin has already gotten a good chunk of that and Buzbee/the women will probably get the rest.

This has been going on for almost a yr and will probably go on another 2 yrs. Say Hardin conservatively is making 5 mil a yr off of this case counting all expenses, that's 15 mil gone right there. The rest is a question of how conservative do you think the Pervert has been living. From the looks of it I would say not very conservative. Then you have the civil suits that most likely will be settled at some point. Yep, he's going to need the money.

It's not surprising to me at all that he showed up, even though he knows he's no longer wanted down on Kirby.
Hardin was hired March of 2021 per article below.
Your $5 m per year not 1/2 used and that could be considered out of the 8 million non-nfl money. You are spending money before it is owed.

This is shocking. Everyone expected for Watson to sit out training camp, and throughout the upcoming season. Houston can’t trade Watson until next offseason—to ensure how much draft capital they would receive in a trade. Watson has his own legal issues going on, and if the league does or doesn’t suspend him needs to be worked out as well. This would be a lost season for both Houston, and Watson, as we fast forward to 2022. Now here we are and Watson is headed to training camp.
Breaking News: Deshaun Watson Expected to Report to Houston Texans Training Camp - Battle Red Blog
Shocking ?
Dunno about that, but atlesat mildly surprising as most did expect a no show by DW4 at TC.

Are you really surprised that the Pervert who's paying Hardin around 5 mil for representation wouldn't be willing to give up 10 mil by not showing up?

Ask yourself what's changed since the Pervert vowed to not show up to TC?

I know that he used his position of influence to make these women feel uncomfortable at the very least. #OILYWATSON
But that is not what he is being accused of. We have to be very careful that we are not just transferring our thoughts on to this case.

Are you really surprised that the Pervert who's paying Hardin around 5 mil for representation wouldn't be willing to give up 10 mil by not showing up?

Ask yourself what's changed since the Pervert vowed to not show up to TC?
You continuously throw out numbers as if they were facts. We have no clue of what Rusty is charging for his services or when he expects to be paid. It is easily possible that Rusty thought he could resolve this quickly and asked for... one million...or any number. We do not know. He has only been on case since March.

But that is not what he is being accused of. We have to be very careful that we are not just transferring our thoughts on to this case.

That's why I said if guilty.

It's also why I hope this goes to court so all of the dirty laundry will be out there for all to see. Anyways, I'm just glad the Pervert has played his last down for the Texans and after reading through 13 of the cases and seeing a pattern, you can bet your azz that I'm hoping he does jail time.

Even if his guilt cant be proven criminally (I bet it will be proven Civilly.) I hope the Pervert is taken to the cleaners by the lawyers and those women. Nobody should be treated the way those women were treated and that's according to his own text messages. If you cant connect the dots, my question would be why you cant connect the dots. But I think we know the answer to this question. SMDH

I totally disagree as I think if Buzbee had significant evidence he would be putting it out everywhere to force a settlement with his numbers. It would be to his advantage to have public knowledge of his claimants evidence

Lawyers dont make that stuff public.

Especially great lawyers like Hardin/Buzbee. Both probably have ammunition and that's why I hope this goes to court. The reason things haven't come out is there's a criminal investigation going on and Hardin is doing everything possible to try to keep the Pervert out of jail.

That's why I said if guilty.

It's also why I hope this goes to court so all of the dirty laundry will be out there for all to see. Anyways, I'm just glad the Pervert has played his last down for the Texans and after reading through 13 of the cases and seeing a pattern, you can bet your azz that I'm hoping he does jail time.

Even if his guilt cant be proven criminally (I bet it will be proven Civilly.) I hope the Pervert is taken to the cleaners by the lawyers and those women. Nobody should be treated the way those women were treated and that's according to his own text messages. If you cant connect the dots, my question would be why you cant connect the dots. But I think we know the answer to this question. SMDH
Please show the DW text that stated Watson assaulted, coerced or forced any woman to do anything she didn't want to. I am not saying he didn't but I have seen no evidence that he did. You have read the 13 cases as you have said repeatedly but you have not read any rebuttal other than Rusty stating Watson claims he is not guilty.

You are offended as am I by what the women have claimed. But we still do not know how that plays out in court after both sides have had their attempts to explain it.

No, it does not. Not in ongoing criminal investigations especially by local authorities
What keeps Buzzbee from leaking text from Watson to one of his claimants? We know that the one that Watson sent saying he didn't mean to make one uncomfortable is out there.

Please show the DW text that stated Watson assaulted, coerced or forced any woman to do anything she didn't want to. I am not saying he didn't but I have seen no evidence that he did. You have read the 13 cases as you have said repeatedly but you have not read any rebuttal other than Rusty stating Watson claims he is not guilty.

You are offended as am I by what the women have claimed. But we still do not know how that plays out in court after both sides have had their attempts to explain it.

It's not just the 13 cases and yes there are text messages where he apologized for making a comment that made them feel uncomfortable. Giving him the benefit of the doubt maybe he asked her for an Oily Watson.

More likely the woman in the SI article who isn't a part of the suit but confirmed that there was a pattern to the Perverts actions and basically her story matched up with the women who filed the suits.

Which do you find more likely? The Oily Watson request made the woman uncomfortable. Or the the lady with nothing to gain in the SI story was telling the truth? This gets to the bottom of this for me until the trial starts in 12-18 months.

It's not just the 13 cases and yes there are text messages where he apologized for making a comment that made them feel uncomfortable. Giving him the benefit of the doubt maybe he asked her for an Oily Watson.

More likely the woman in the SI article who isn't a part of the suit but confirmed that there was a pattern to the Perverts actions and basically her story matched up with the women who filed the suits.

Which do you find more likely? The Oily Watson request made the woman uncomfortable. Or the the lady with nothing to gain in the SI story was telling the truth? This gets to the bottom of this for me until the trial starts in 12-18 months.
You said you read 13 and that's what I responded to.

You said you read 13 and that's what I responded to.

And compared their accusations to the lady in the SI article accounts of he interactions with the Pervert.

You didn't answer, which do you think is more likely to make her feel uncomfortable? Oily Watson/ SI Lady accounts?

And compared their accusations to the lady in the SI article accounts of he interactions with the Pervert.

You didn't answer, which do you think is more likely to make her feel uncomfortable? Oily Watson/ SI Lady accounts?
And you're missing the point as feeling uncomfortable is not the charge in any of the claims. As you have throughout this thread and others about Watson, McNairs, Easterby etc you throw stuff at wall or posters hoping it sticks. You present your opinion as facts and if someone calls you on it you try to belittle them.

You made comments against DW and then later tried to shift opinion by saying "if he is found guilty" was what you meant despite posting otherwise.

Ever hear the saying 'bull in a China shop'?

What keeps Buzzbee from leaking text from Watson to one of his claimants? We know that the one that Watson sent saying he didn't mean to make one uncomfortable is out there.
For all we know, Both parties could be under a gag order. However, HPD we know has open criminal investigations. If Buzbee is serious he isn’t going to release anything else. HPD by law cannot release anything that will interfere.

And you're missing the point as feeling uncomfortable is not the charge in any of the claims. As you have throughout this thread and others about Watson, McNairs, Easterby etc you throw stuff at wall or posters hoping it sticks. You present your opinion as facts and if someone calls you on it you try to belittle them.

You made comments against DW and then later tried to shift opinion by saying "if he is found guilty" was what you meant despite posting otherwise.

Ever hear the saying 'bull in a China shop'?

I've always said I hope he does jail time if found guilty. Nothing more or less.

What have I presented as fact. I asked you a question of which is more likely and instead of answering the question you use this drivel to avoid giving an answer.

Morality/or business decision?

SI lady/or Oily Watson?

Where do you stand, this is an honest question, I'm sorry you went to the bull in a china shop debate to avoid the questions.

But hey, if I missed the point please tell me what your point is? I would like to think you missed my point and aren't being coy.

For all we know, Both parties could be under a gag order. However, HPD we know has open criminal investigations. If Buzbee is serious he isn’t going to release anything else. HPD by law cannot release anything that will interfere.
IIRC gag orders are from judges and we don't have a judge. Even then a ruling of a gag order can be discovered by reporters and then reported.

I never said anything about HPD releasing anything yet they did release that no claims had been reported to them initially and then with egg on their face said their policy was not to acknowledge anything.

I've always said I hope he does jail time if found guilty. Nothing more or less.

What have I presented as fact. I asked you a question of which is more likely and instead of answering the question you use this drivel to avoid giving an answer.

Morality/or business decision?

SI lady/or Oily Watson?

Where do you stand, this is an honest question, I'm sorry you went to the bull in a china shop debate to avoid the questions.

But hey, if I missed the point please tell me what your point is? I would like to think you missed my point and aren't being coy.
1. Watson innocent until proven guilty
2. I have seen no evidence that suggests to me that DW will be found guilty in a criminal trial if charges are ever filed
3. I wanted him gone as soon as he voiced trade demands before any women had spoken out
4. I posted often that McNairs should wait until he had completed his fourth season before opening extension negotiations
5. I have said that if guilty his sentence is more important to me than any trade value

I don't like to debate innuendo on this. I don't allow my personal feelings override the justice system.

Also we know multiple women have gone to HPD, yet don’t have a tally on how many went to the Sheriffs dept. this thing will take time
Yet again what ifs are just that. The Talley is zero until it is known that they have. Sooner or later you're going to have to pull a rabbit out of that hat.

I'm not sure which courts all of these cases may be handled in, but I think this ordeal may take years after reading this.

A 13 Investigates analysis of court cases found that despite 90,257 backlogged cases, the 22 district judges elected to oversee the most serious criminal cases have only held 113 trials since last July, when the Supreme Court of Texas allowed judges to resume court during the pandemic.

Of the 113 cases those judges oversaw, only half were for felonies, leaving the family of victims wondering how much longer they'll have to wait for justice.

Criminal cases have doubled during the pandemic, meaning the 113 trials held over the last year made a small dent, clearing less than 1% of the backlog - 0.13% to be exact.

13 Investigates recently visited the courthouse and many of the judges in charge of making sure trials move forward wouldn't talk to us about the delay.

Emails to Judges Chuck Silverman and Ramona Franklin weren't returned and their courtrooms were locked when we tried to visit early one afternoon. Neither of them have held trials in the last year either as of the latest data we received in June.

Judge Greg Glass, who was in court during our recent visit, hasn't held court either. Once we told him what our report was about, he wouldn't even let us take his picture despite working for you, on a bench you paid for.

1. Watson innocent until proven guilty
2. I have seen no evidence that suggests to me that DW will be found guilty in a criminal trial if charges are ever filed
3. I wanted him gone as soon as he voiced trade demands before any women had spoken out
4. I posted often that McNairs should wait until he had completed his fourth season before opening extension negotiations
5. I have said that if guilty his sentence is more important to me than any trade value

I don't like to debate innuendo on this. I don't allow my personal feelings override the justice system.
So if HPD investigations leak that, in your opinion, is justice?

I'm not sure which courts all of these cases may be handled in, but I think this ordeal may take years after reading this.

A 13 Investigates analysis of court cases found that despite 90,257 backlogged cases, the 22 district judges elected to oversee the most serious criminal cases have only held 113 trials since last July, when the Supreme Court of Texas allowed judges to resume court during the pandemic.

Of the 113 cases those judges oversaw, only half were for felonies, leaving the family of victims wondering how much longer they'll have to wait for justice.

Criminal cases have doubled during the pandemic, meaning the 113 trials held over the last year made a small dent, clearing less than 1% of the backlog - 0.13% to be exact.

13 Investigates recently visited the courthouse and many of the judges in charge of making sure trials move forward wouldn't talk to us about the delay.

Emails to Judges Chuck Silverman and Ramona Franklin weren't returned and their courtrooms were locked when we tried to visit early one afternoon. Neither of them have held trials in the last year either as of the latest data we received in June.

Judge Greg Glass, who was in court during our recent visit, hasn't held court either. Once we told him what our report was about, he wouldn't even let us take his picture despite working for you, on a bench you paid for.

Difficult to "un-backlog" if judges not holding court.

That'll work. Just shield the team from distractions.

:coffee:
I would think it’s better for the Texans’ to go along with the idea that he’s showing up to work and ready to play.

This gives them the most leverage in draft negotiations. He’s available to you if you pay the kings ransom, but we’ll keep him a Texan if we don’t get what we want in return.

Not many QBs of his calibre become available via trade/FA.

If the Texans are the ones to send him home, there is little pressure on his income, and they hold a weaker hand in trade negotiations.

If he shows up, make him play.

As for the distraction, this is a wasted year anyway, someone has to start to allow Mills time to learn, doesn’t really matter whether it’s Tyrod or Watson, aside from the PR impact (which doesn’t matter to me because the Texans are scraping the barrel on that front whether he stays or goes in my opinion), results are probably better with Watson than without.

You said Sheriff Department tally was unknown. That is what I replied to. You're going around in circles now. I guess you are in the justice system.
First, you didn’t specify. You made a general statement. Second, you think evidence leaks in investigations. Might want to do some research before you catch an attitude again.

Not sure what has changed here. Goodell has all along indicated that he won’t comment until the investigations are complete. Putting DW on the CEL is a comment. So what does coming to camp mean for DW and the Texans and the NFL. The owners don’t like his trade demands. Goodell surely doesn’t if he has any concern with maintaining parity. Thus I can’t believe he is doing this to let the Texans fall on the sword. Maybe he’s trying to take the pulse of the fans? Roman Colosseum thumbs up or thumbs down? Is he perhaps trying somehow to do the Texans right for being a victim of the degrading character of the NFL? If so, how so? We don’t know if he would allow a trade At this point. I doubt it. That’s a comment. Without any decisions yet any trade would be coerced and not FMV to the Texans. Maybe that’s his thinking While allowing the Texans to collect fines and penalties if any apply? Maybe he’s calling DW out on his trade demands? Keeping him out of football by nixing potential trades Until the matter clears if that is what he would do. Anyway his decision IMO is much ado about nothing.

How in the blue blazes did you come up with that? Has Thorn been sharing his wacky tobaccy again?
You said the investigations leak. The investigations are a major part of the justice system. A leaked investigation report can compromise the process. Just where does your concept of justice system begin?

That's a damn shame, seems like they will never clear those backlogs...can anyone confirm if any of the Watson complaints have been filed with other agencies besides HPD or Harris County?

Back