Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sentiment Check: Which QB Are You Selecting With The #1.2 Overall Pick (March 8, 2023)

If You Were GM, Which QB Are You Selecting With The #1.2 Overall Pick

• Total voters
Absolutely inferior. His inaccuracy will only cause him to struggle in our scheme.
Scheme… you’re funny. We’re Texans. We don’t need no stinking schemes

We_dont_need_no_stinkin_badges.jpg

You can change your vote here ladies and gents...
Nice participation in this poll btw, one of the highest percentages in any poll I have posted.
👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

You can change your vote here ladies and gents...
Nice participation in this poll btw, one of the highest percentages in any poll I have posted.
👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

I just changed my vote as well. If they're gonna take a QB at 1.2, I hope it's Anderson. If they took Levis at 1.2, I'd be relieved we didn't take Stroud or Young, but I'd be pissed at spending the 1.2 on Levis without trading down to get him. And getting and extra pick or two for it.

I want the tiny terror which means he won’t be a texan, cause the texanz never do what I wish them to do texanpride

Would you take this deal? You can change pick 1.2 if you like.

No, I like nothing about that draft for the Texans. No way do I take Carter at 1.2 and not going to take a 5'9" WR at 1.12 nor is there any way I would give a 2nd and 2 3rds for a QB that can't stay on the field or beat out Purdy after the team spent so much to get him. I don't believe SF will trade Lance unless they get an offer like that proposed. No Thanks!

Last edited:
No, I like nothing about that draft for the Texans. No way do I take Carter at 1.2 and not going to take a 5'9" WR at 1.12 nor is there any way I would give a 2nd and 2 3rds for a QB that can't stay on the field or beat out Purdy after the team spent so much to get him. I don't believe SF will trade Lance unless they get an offer like that proposed. No Thanks!

100% spot on.

I keep saying the Texans would be morons not to take a QB at 2. If they are looking at Will ******* Levis at that spot, then I hope they go defense instead. :toropalm:

I would prefer Hooker later in the draft over Levis too. Hooker is old, but Levis is barely younger.

If they don’t take Stroud at 2 strictly because of his agent, but would gladly take him at 2 if he had a different agent, then that means it’s a McNair decision overriding everyone else. Although I can sympathize with McNair with the way that Watson and his agent f’cked him over, not taking Stroud for that very reason would be the classic example of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Interesting indeed....if the Colts think the Raiders are willing to jump them by trading into the 3 slot, then a lot of that may depend on how the Cardinals view the available players at the 7 slot. My guess, both Will Anderson Jr and Tyree Wilson are at the top of the Cardinals board and trade down to 7 would certainly take both off the board. If the Raiders are hail-bent on either Young or Stroud, then they should be dealing with the Texans who could certainly take one of those QB's. The problem; the Raiders don't have the draft capital for that kind of jump so if I were Caserio, I would ask for their 7 pick, DE- Maxx Crosby, and their 2024 RD1.

On the other hand, it would kill the Colts to have to come knocking on the Texans door for the 2 pick. The only way I'd help a division rival....ask for non-negotiable haul of draft capital. Let's see how bad the Colts want Young or Stroud.
Hey, just want to refresh my comment and add to it. I had replied to this post of yours by saying Crosby was too expensive. I used his 2023 base of ~$7.5 million plus the $10 million roster bonus to = $17.5 for this season. I was just reminded by GBay changing Rogers roster bonus $58 m to a signing bonus to prorate and lower the cap hit.

Texans could choose to do that prorating the $10 for this year to $2.5 m or only $10 m cap hit from $17 & putting one of best defenders in NFL on roster and eliminating a draft need. IIRC, Crosby dropped from apprx 125 QB pressures in 2021 to apprx mid 80s in 2022 with good sack ratio.

Would LVR trade him +2 + a first in 2024 for 1.2?

Even better, if we sent 1.2 to Colts for 4 and 35 and round 1 in 2024 then

Trade 4 to LVR for 7 and Crosby.

Don't over think this Texans, just take CJ and move on the an edge guy at 12 then a WR, possibly by moving back into the bottom of the first. Someone is playing games with CJ data and driving down his value. Happens every year, someone trying to manipulate the draft to stop a team from taking a player or to drive it so that the player falls to them. Probably the Colts doing it.

Don't over think this Texans, just take CJ and move on the an edge guy at 12 then a WR, possibly by moving back into the bottom of the first. Someone is playing games with CJ data and driving down his value. Happens every year, someone trying to manipulate the draft to stop a team from taking a player or to drive it so that the player falls to them. Probably the Colts doing it.
If that is true then the Texans will take Stroud #2. Or do you think they ignore their own scouting dept and go by media drivel?

Someone is playing games with CJ data and driving down his value. Happens every year, someone trying to manipulate the draft to stop a team from taking a player or to drive it so that the player falls to them. Probably the Colts doing it
Do you think teams rely on junk mail to decide how they'll manage their draft?

All the crap we're seeing affects media fare for mock drafts & fan fetishist.. it's driving marketing & clicks & the NFL machine.

The Texans & every other team made up their minds about Stroud when they spent time with him in private workouts & interviews

imma change my pick to rich

will one of these qbs really fall to us at 12 ???? will the titans really not draft qb ???

Richardson and Levis will not be available at 1.12.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. You’ll be surprised what teams actual boards look like. It’s why mockers usually never have it right.

And honestly, I won’t be too happy if the Texans get either in the 1st. I just don’t think either are all that.

From Lindys Pro Football Draft 2023

20230427_083953.jpg20230427_084011.jpg

Hooker is going to be a good player, just perhaps not a Pro Bowl player for a bit.

AR15 is a QB I am starting to really like. If you can let him learn and clean up his footwork he will be special

20230427_084456.jpg20230427_084503.jpg

Sorry, had to use my camera to get the write ups. You might have to screen shot it to see it best.

Last edited:
Back