Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Schaub Calls Out the Fans

There's nothing out of context about it. I posted the context earlier.

As for the whine comment, well, I suppose we all have things that we whine about. You're growing quite a list yourself.
You posted the words, but it's obvious you don't understand them or you just have an agenda. Yeah, he said that real fans don't just show up when things are going well....oh the horror. Go ahead and keep defining yourself as you are. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that it suits you.

You posted the words, but it's obvious you don't understand them or you just have an agenda. Yeah, he said that real fans don't just show up when things are going well....oh the horror. Go ahead and keep defining yourself as you are. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that it suits you.

The feeling is reciprocal. It says more about you than me that you're always the first one to take things to a personal level. Isn't there some forum rule about that? Oh, riiight ... .never mind.

The feeling is reciprocal. It says more about you than me that you're always the first one to take things to a personal level. Isn't there some forum rule about that? Oh, riiight ... .never mind.
oh I'm such a victim! Dude, grow a pair.

I was going to post yesterday but got tied up. I listened to this after reading through this thread. I couldn't believe anyone was upset over this. It didn't even bother me at all the way he said it. It was really said in the middle of other comments as he answered a question. And it wasn't said in any kind of way where he was calling out fans. I can picture him saying it with a smile on his face. It almost sounded overly nice when he said it. I just think this thread is muchadoaboutnothing.

Damn, the Texans are turning everyone against each other. This forum would be a happy place if they just took care of business.

*grabs popcorn*

Don't use the ban button Vinny!

I'm sure you all remember this post from awhile back I am just going to post here in this thread just for a little refresher for us all. We sure do need one. This probably isn't the right forum for this thread so Mods may move if they choose to do so. I've seen some voice fights going on when there really isn't and need for it. We all want the samething the Texans to win but each and everyone of us have different feelings of how to reach the same goal. Some posts on here that attack each other are silly. This should remain a friends and family first board as I have always considered it as being and have told many folks about. How the team does is way behind our control I am not singling out anyone but I am reaching out to all of you to keep TT a friendly board while posting your thought on any of the forums on this board. Vocie how you feel and show your Texans sprit still keeping in mind that it's just a game and life goes on no matter who wins or who has different thoughts. We're all fans and friends and we're all here for each other when needed and that's what makes this board so great and the most important thing. IMO, have a football team to cheer for is secondary to the great bunch of friends I have here on this board who I'll always have and I know is always going to be there for everryone. Go Texans

I was going to post yesterday but got tied up. I listened to this after reading through this thread. I couldn't believe anyone was upset over this. It didn't even bother me at all the way he said it. It was really said in the middle of other comments as he answered a question. And it wasn't said in any kind of way where he was calling out fans. I can picture him saying it with a smile on his face. It almost sounded overly nice when he said it. I just think this thread is muchadoaboutnothing.

Thats my take as well. I think all this losing has gotten people in a foul mood with the team, Schaub had a bad game, and it just rubbed some folks the wrong way. It really isn't that big of a thing to me. He could have went Mike Vick , and flipped the fans off or something, then it would be a big deal like some are making it out to be.

Yeah I was in a foul mood after wtching the crap football the Texans played on Sunday.

I'm better now

LOL

Everyone is probably familiar with coach Vince Lombardi’s famous quote “Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”

No matter on which side of this discussion you stand, Texans fans here have never really been able to enjoy the true habit of winning. Instead, they have had to seek their own personal way of dealing with an unfortunately dealt habit of losing.......................Getting drunk during or after the game, staying for the entire game to show “loyalty,” staying for the entire game to relate displeasure, leaving the game early because of difficulty in dealing with the recurrent theme, or simply leaving the game early because something in life may hold greater import than trying to prove themselves.

But one thing lost in this whole lamentable situation is that, for one reason or another, we all find the team important enough to us to be here voicing our own personal concerns. Some day we may be more familiar with the habit of winning and more commonly come together with a single voice, but meanwhile let’s not depreciate the diverse passionate voices that make up the best MB in the NFL.

Everyone is probably familiar with coach Vince Lombardi’s famous quote “Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”

No matter on which side of this discussion you stand, Texans fans here have never really been able to enjoy the true habit of winning. Instead, they have had to seek their own personal way of dealing with an unfortunately dealt habit of losing.......................Getting drunk during or after the game, staying for the entire game to show “loyalty,” staying for the entire game to relate displeasure, leaving the game early because of difficulty in dealing with the recurrent theme, or simply leaving the game early because something in life may hold greater import than trying to prove themselves.

But one thing lost in this whole lamentable situation is that, for one reason or another, we all find the team important enough to us to be here voicing our own personal concerns. Some day we may be more familiar with the habit of winning and more commonly come together with a single voice, but meanwhile let’s not depreciate the diverse passionate voices that make up the best MB in the NFL.

This

Would rep you if I could

Because in the big scheme of things it really is no big deal. You want to hate on Schaub, then hate on him. It is your option to hate on him. In the end, the only damage here is to a few fans' egos. People need to get over themselves.

What is funny is that if the Texans win out (big IF), some of these same folks will be jumping on his jock again. I guarantee you no one will be here saying, "Sure Schaub made some clutch plays, but I still hate him because of the comments he made 5 weeks ago."

Funny you say that, because the pattern has been obvious with this team and with this QB and with this coach.

Matt starts his career off with us with a great win, then starts to slip and gets hurt. Then he comes back and does fairly well. Then we suck at the start of the season (again) and hit a winning streak. Then we hit a losing streak. So it figures that we'll hit a winning streak again.

All of this is to say that I have been up and down with this coach and this QB, much like a yo-yo does. But the funny thing about yo-yo's is that they don't go anywhere except for up-and-down, up-and-down, over and over.

Oh yeah, I'll be dry-humping the superbadass Matt Schaub's leg if we win out. LOL. I'm just mad at myself for actually believing that the winning streak meant something, as if it held some sort of omen for the rest of the season.

Obviously it didn't.

Even if they somehow win out, which I highly doubt they will (based on the meltdown of Schaub's comments, OD flipping the bird to fans, losing three straight divisional games, and McNair having to play the "He's my coach" card already) it doesn't absolve their failures.

This year doesn't matter anymore, as far as I am concerned, and next season might not matter either if McNair once again finds a way to extend a lame duck leader (like he did with David Carr).

Sometimes I wonder if this is a team or a charitable organization.

Schaub had a bad game

This is what cracks me up, yes he had a bad game for him. But let's compare that and see how many QB's do better than that bad game on a consistent basis. 14 QB's have QB ratings over 87.8 for the season with one of them being Schaub at 97.7. Notable QB's having seasons worse than Schaub's bad game - Palmer, Garrard, Campbell, Alex Smith, Matt Hassellback, Matt Cassell, golden boy Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler, etc.

This is what cracks me up, yes he had a bad game for him. But let's compare that and see how many QB's do better than that bad game on a consistent basis. 14 QB's have QB ratings over 87.8 for the season with one of them being Schaub at 97.7. Notable QB's having seasons worse than Schaub's bad game - Palmer, Garrard, Campbell, Alex Smith, Matt Hassellback, Matt Cassell, golden boy Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler, etc.

Yeah, thats what I was getting at, he had a bad game for him. I wasn't knocking Schaub, he just had a subpar game from what he has been doing so far this season. :cool:

I don't know if anyone's posted this but Erik Winston said on his show yesterday that they need to grow up . He said that they have the youngest starting lineup in the NFL and Kubiak has the double chore of teaching Xs and Os , while trying to teach them how to be pros . Winston stated that Kubiak stesses someone needs to step up and make plays but it doesn't happen . Actually he might have said that he needs five players to make a game winning/changing play and they can't get one .

Winston went on talking about mistakes and focus . He said that the NFL is more about winning one on one battles than scemes . Anyway if 610 has a podcast of yesterdays show , it's worth a listen .

Here is my gripe about Schaub, I don't think he is a winner. In four years he has one game where he took the team and put them on his shoulders and won the game and that was last year against the Dolphins.

Again these are my opinions.

Winners don't lose to teams they are supposed to beat on national TV at home.

Winners don't go 2-4 at home when you are expected to make the playoffs.

Winners beat there division rivals. We once again will finish no better than 2-4 if we beat the Jags. And that is a big if. We have 1, again, 1 win in the AFC South.

Winners don't throw INT's and fumble the football when the game is on the line.

A winner is someone you can count on, your go to guy, that special someone that you know if given the chance he will make a play and win the game. Schaub is not it. There is no defense in this league that fears Schaub. No one is saying "oh, here comes Schaub we better have our A game ready."

A winner may throw an INT in the last half of the game. But a winner will also come back on the next series and even it up, not hold on to the football too long and let it get stripped.

Sure Schaub looks pretty with all his TD's and yards and the what nots, but the important stat, the W? He has got 5 of those to 6 L's with a losing record at home and the division.

But again, these are my opinions. When you say that Schaub is "IT" you are saying that you can not improve at his position and there is no need to upgrade. I don't see it. I think if we continue to lose that we would be in a position to draft a McCoy or a Bradford or a Tebow. Then what? We are alread going to pass on Cowher cus of the what if's.

I just hope I can be a good enough fan to help my team get over the top this Sunday vs. the Jags. It's going to take four full halves of TV watching from me. I can have not one ounce of "quit" in me. Gotta' lay it all on the line and hold nothing back. Those guys are counting on me. :kitten:

You know, speaking of fans...there's this team in Jacksonville who somehow seems to do better than us and they have a pretty lame fan base.

How in the world do they do it? Anti-depressant meds? Daily counseling offered by the Jags front office? I noticed the kicker tried to maim himself to get a million-dollar wound a season or two ago.

I feel confident that I can finish out the rest of this season with a perfect record and save my fan contract for next season. Unless I hold out or get franchised (again) which will really suck since I want to finish out my career with the Texans. But you know what? This is a business and sometimes things don't work out.

Oh wait, that's for the players. Not for the fans.

I remember now: WE are the ones who keep coming back for more, even when we could easily go cheer for another team. We're the ones who aren't paid to participate with the Texans. For a second there, I got confused about the role of players and fans.

I'm sorry, Matt. I'll do better next time. Accountability is Job 1 here in Houston, after all.

I think I understand so Andre Johnson= winner, Matt Schaub= NOT

I'm not thrilled with Andre Johnson right now.

Either we have a QB and/or o-coord who isn't giving him more looks, or we have a WR who puts up greats stats but is absent at key moments.

Nobody deserves a "pass" or "get out of jail FREE" card around here. It's not good to play favorites, IMO.

I'm not thrilled with Andre Johnson right now.

Either we have a QB and/or o-coord who isn't giving him more looks, or we have a WR who puts up greats stats but is absent at key moments.

Nobody deserves a "pass" or "get out of jail FREE" card around here. It's not good to play favorites, IMO.

Well if anybody does deserve one is Andre, some of those catches look uncatchable but andre grabs them out of mid air and makes schaub look better than what he is.

Yeah, thats what I was getting at, he had a bad game for him. I wasn't knocking Schaub, he just had a subpar game from what he has been doing so far this season. :cool:

I didn't think you were. Just trying to provide a little perspective. Ending a season with a QB rating at 90 will generally have you in or just outside the top third of QB's.

AJ is sitting in the top 5 of WR's with two guys being thrown to by Brady, 1 by Manning and 1 by Favre. Yeah, AJ and Schaub simply suck. I do have one nit to pick with AJ - he doesn't always come back aggressively to the ball or protect the ball from the DB with his body.

Last edited:
I didn't think you were. Just trying to provide a little perspective. Ending a season with a QB rating at 90 will generally have you in or just outside the top third of QB's.

AJ is sitting in the top 5 of WR's with two guys being thrown to by Brady, 1 by Manning and 1 by Favre. Yeah, AJ and Schaub simply suck. I do have one nit to pick with AJ - he doesn't always come back aggressively to the ball or protect the ball from the DB with his body.

I have to agree with you on AJ not coming back aggressively to the ball!

Really? He has to stop and come back to every ball thrown at him. I don't think I have seen him hit in stride once this season. He either has to stop, slow down, or jump 20 feet to catch the thing.

AJ is doing for Schaub what Moss did for Culpepper.

Really? He has to stop and come back to every ball thrown at him. I don't think I have seen him hit in stride once this season. He either has to stop, slow down, or jump 20 feet to catch the thing.

AJ is doing for Schaub what Moss did for Culpepper.

Ease up. I am not talking about every ball. And talk about hyperbole, not hit in stride once - get serious. I am referring in particular to hitch routes and some similar circumstances where he doesn't drive back aggressively all the time. Unlike you, I didn't say all the time or never or almost never. Sometimes he could be better at it and that can be a problem because those routes are classics for getting jumped.

Ease up. I am not talking about every ball. And talk about hyperbole, not hit in stride once - get serious. I am referring in particular to hitch routes and some similar circumstances where he doesn't drive back aggressively all the time. Unlike you, I didn't say all the time or never or almost never. Sometimes he could be better at it and that can be a problem because those routes are classics for getting jumped.

Agreed, but at the same time Matt has not been on target many games, and a lot of people will sit and talk about how great his #'s are, and he's had a couple games where he is on target. Also though, Matt has had more games off target which his receivers have to wait for the ball, *especially* on the deep balls which really hurt our ability to go all the way after the catch.

I just hope I can be a good enough fan to help my team get over the top this Sunday vs. the Jags. It's going to take four full halves of TV watching from me. I can have not one ounce of "quit" in me. Gotta' lay it all on the line and hold nothing back. Those guys are counting on me. :kitten:

You know, speaking of fans...there's this team in Jacksonville who somehow seems to do better than us and they have a pretty lame fan base.

How in the world do they do it? Anti-depressant meds? Daily counseling offered by the Jags front office? I noticed the kicker tried to maim himself to get a million-dollar wound a season or two ago.

I feel confident that I can finish out the rest of this season with a perfect record and save my fan contract for next season. Unless I hold out or get franchised (again) which will really suck since I want to finish out my career with the Texans. But you know what? This is a business and sometimes things don't work out.

I remember now: WE are the ones who keep coming back for more, even when we could easily go cheer for another team. We're the ones who aren't paid to participate with the Texans. For a second there, I got confused about the role of players and fans.

I'm sorry, Matt. I'll do better next time. Accountability is Job 1 here in Houston, after all.

LOL, that should be sent to the team.

You saying the rest of the people in the stadium would not be rated high? Why is that, because they don't stay until everyone leaves the field, or stand the entire time, or dress up? Not so sure I understand how the Bull Pen is a better place to be than other parts of the stadium. Just because alot of people don't get into their seats in time, or some people leave early, why would they, including me since you said the rest of us, get negative numbers?

Agreed, but at the same time Matt has not been on target many games, and a lot of people will sit and talk about how great his #'s are, and he's had a couple games where he is on target. Also though, Matt has had more games off target which his receivers have to wait for the ball, *especially* on the deep balls which really hurt our ability to go all the way after the catch.

Sure Schaub miss throws some balls. Sure his WR's make some fantastic catches. Is Reggie Wayne just a mechanical route runner catching perfectly thrown balls from Manning? - not even close.

Frankly this last weekend was a perfect illustration of why the typical fan response of every incompletion or what appears to be inaccurate ball is not always the QB's fault. Twice Schaub and AJ were not on the same page with Schaub anticipating one break and AJ making another. Now in that dramatic of an example people say well not on the same page. Now make that AJ goes slightly more corner or slightly more post than Schaub anticipates (note not saying who is at fault) and now the ball is uncatchable or looks like it was thrown poorly.

As for deep balls - I'll worry about that when we aren't 3rd in the league for total passes over 20 yards and 3rd for total passes over 40 yards.

Bull Pen would match Matt

the rest of the stadium would get a negative number

So have you actually sat anywhere else but the Bull Pen? How would you know if you haven't?

You are not the Texan's gift from god because you sit there. There are just as many passionate fans all around the stadium.

Real hardcore fans go to a few road games .... :P

Bull Pen would match Matt

the rest of the stadium would get a negative number

Hey we over in section 136 do our best and have upped our cheering quite a bit, I know ya'll had to hear us chanting the good ole VY Sucks everytime he was down there. Good fun.

- John

Back