Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Really Early 2024 Mock Draft…..

These trades are silly.

I traded 23 and 127 to Bucs for 26 and a 2025 1st. The Bucs then took Jerzahn Newton (Bo Nix and Penix at QB on the board, the reason i’d assume they would move up).

Then traded 86 and a 7th for 99 and 128.

Would obviously be thrilled if the draft fell like this. Don’t see the top 3 picks falling to those slots however.

1707083839931.png

Thomas - Big time playmaker. Gives Texans one of the most dangerous WR rooms in the league. We are all aware of the rationale for picking Thomas.

Robinson - Cam Jordan 2.0. Just a physical specimen you can move all over the line and exploit mismatches. DeMeco wants to build from the trenches and Robinson would be a good running mate to Anderson. I see him being the pick at 23 if Greenard leaves in FA.

Corum - Big time college production whose game should translate to NFL. Love the way he runs. Legs always moving, tough to bring down. Ideally get a bellcow in FA (Barkley my top target). Then Corum is the high end backup ready to take over when the game is already in hand. Would wear opposing defenses out.

Rosengarten - Developmental swing OT. Athletic zone blocking OL. Needs to get stronger like most rookie OL but I think if pressed into action early he wont look like a total fool. Would like to see him making open field blocks on screens in this offense. That crazy double pitch reverse whatever you call it play against Baltimore that ultimately failed because Fant couldn’t get outside to block Geno Stone? I think Rosengarten makes that block.

Mustapha - Elite athlete. One of Feldman’s freaks. Would hope the coaching staff can figure out how to harness his ability and be a playmaker at the safety position.

Hall - Has length and a high motor. Also on Feldman’s freak list. Maybe DeMeco can make something out of him and he can push for a rotation DT role.

Monroe - I see Monroe rising to day 2 by the end of draft season. Shrine Bowl defensive MVP. Versatile high energy player with good ball skills. He helped turn Tulane around (and even got a pick against Caleb Williams in their cotton bowl win 2022). This guy embodies the culture shift DeMeco is trying to bring. Versatile player who also got reps at safety in Shrine bowl. I see his floor being special teams demon with starter upside.

Last edited:
Reactions: JB
These trades are silly.

I traded 23 and 127 to Bucs for 26 and a 2025 1st. The Bucs then took Jerzahn Newton (Bo Nix and Penix at QB on the board, the reason i’d assume they would move up).

Then traded 86 and a 7th for 99 and 128.

Would obviously be thrilled if the draft fell like this. Don’t see the top 3 picks falling to those slots however.

View attachment 13587

Thomas - Big time playmaker. Gives Texans one of the most dangerous WR rooms in the league. We are all aware of the rationale for picking Thomas.

Robinson - Cam Jordan 2.0. Just a physical specimen you can move all over the line and exploit mismatches. DeMeco wants to build from the trenches and Robinson would be a good running mate to Anderson. I see him being the pick at 23 if Greenard leaves in FA.

Corum - Big time college production whose game should translate to NFL. Love the way he runs. Legs always moving, tough to bring down. Ideally get a bellcow in FA (Barkley my top target). Then Corum is the high end backup ready to take over when the game is already in hand. Would wear opposing defenses out.

Rosengarten - Developmental swing OT. Athletic zone blocking OL. Needs to get stronger like most rookie OL but I think if pressed into action early he wont look like a total fool. Would like to see him making open field blocks on screens in this offense. That crazy double pitch reverse whatever you call it play against Baltimore that ultimately failed because Fant couldn’t get outside to block Geno Stone? I think Rosengarten makes that block.

Mustapha - Elite athlete. One of Feldman’s freaks. Would hope the coaching staff can figure out how to harness his ability and be a playmaker at the safety position.

Hall - Has length and a high motor. Also on Feldman’s freak list. Maybe DeMeco can make something out of him and he can push for a rotation DT role.

Monroe - I see Monroe rising to day 2 by the end of draft season. Shrine Bowl defensive MVP. Versatile high energy player with good ball skills. He helped turn Tulane around (and even got a pick against Caleb Williams in their cotton bowl win 2022). This guy embodies the culture shift DeMeco is trying to bring. Versatile player who also got reps at safety in Shrine bowl. I see his floor being special teams demon with starter upside.
Not sure why you think these drafts would be silly. You had me at 26 and a round 1 in 2025! Thomas, Robinson and Corum would be three excellent pics. I doubt that Coram will be there in round 3 but still wow.

First draft.
I would be happy with this haul:-
#23. Byron Murphy DL TX
#59. Javon Bullard S Georgia
#86. Jermaine Burton WR Al.
#123. Ray Davis RB UK
#125. Ben Sinnot TE KS.
#
222 Ethen Driscoll OT Marshall
#247. Jordan Strachan Ed. So Car.
#249. Jordan McGee LB Temple

Last edited:
First draft.
#23. Byron Murphy DL TX
#123. Ray Davis RB UK
#125. Ben Sinnot TE KS.
#
You seemed to hit all of the needs. Who's the starting RT next year?

Did a Mock where I executed a couple of trades and gave up a 2025 RD3 in the process. The return of that move assured the Texans a new SWR in Roman Wilson (Michigan). On a side note, TE- Baylor Cupp (Texas Tech) is a big TE at 6-6 260 lbs that runs a 4.54-40. Catches well when targeted and knows how to high-point the ball by using his size and strength. Also, I'd be targeting Utah TE- Thomas Yassmin (6-5 @ 248 lbs) immediately as an UDFA, if he's not drafted. A do it all TE that happens to be a former rugby player, turned football player, that is very athletic for his size. He also has no issues mixing it up in the trenches.

1707925857527.png

Last edited:
Did a Mock where I executed a couple of trades and gave up a 2025 RD3 in the process. he return of that move assured the Texans a new SWR in Roman Wilson (Michigan). On a side note, TE- Baylor Cupp (Texas Tech) is a big TE at 6-6 260 lbs that runs a 4.54-40. Catches well when targeted and knows how to high-point the ball by using size and strength. Also, I'd be targeting Utah TE- Thomas Yassmin (6-5 @ 248 lbs) immediately if he's not drafted. A do it all TE that happens to be a former rugby player, turned football player, that is very athletic for his size. He also has no issues with mixing it up in the trenches.

View attachment 13654
I'm a big fan of Cupp's. Really talented guy, but has an injury history. Started out at A&M finished up at Tech. Another guy I like a lot is Zach Heins in the 7th.

What did you give up #59 for?
If Bowers falls to 14/15 or so I'm giving up 1-23/3-85 and a 2025 2nd to move up and get him. I think he's that special.

He can run routes like a WR better than some. Has the best hands in this draft (Yes I know about MHJ/Nabers/Odunze etc...) and has the speed to out run defenders that have angles on him. When he gets rolling he's also very difficult to tackle. Very competitive guy. Despite being a smaller TE he's also a good blocker.

Well worth trading up for a diffencemaker like Bowers.

What did you give up #59 for?

I don’t recall, but I did package a RD3 to get back into RD3 to secure Jaden Hicks. I was at a crossroads with 86 and having 3 options that wouldn’t be on the board come 123. So, I made the moves to secure 4 RD3 picks.

Getting DT- Fiske, WR- Wilson, SS- Hicks, and RB- Wright in RD3 would be an amazing haul.

If Bowers falls to 14/15 or so I'm giving up 1-23/3-85 and a 2025 2nd to move up and get him. I think he's that special.

He can run routes like a WR better than some. Has the best hands in this draft (Yes I know about MHJ/Nabers/Odunze etc...) and has the speed to out run defenders that have angles on him. When he gets rolling he's also very difficult to tackle. Very competitive guy. Despite being a smaller TE he's also a good blocker.

Well worth trading up for a diffencemaker like Bowers.
He didn't move up and didn't select any of the guys you mentioned

Just saying what I would do

Go checkout Bowers highlights.

He did this against SEC competition.
I know all about Bowers, I was trying to find out why he gave up a 2nd and a future 3rd for three 3rd round picks
edit: also gave up a 4th and 2 7's to move up from 235 to 221. Trades with 4 different teams

Last edited:
I liked this haul. Traded down with Bucs pick 23 for picks 26 and 89:

Four day one impact players. Possibly a 5th with Wright depending on what they do in FA. I did take three DBs, but that is planning for the future. Mustapha/Monroe are CB/safety hybrids you put them where you think they have the best chance to develop.

Sainstrill imo is the best nickel CB in the draft and will be a cornerstone player in the secondary along with Stingley.

I really like the idea of Franklin in this offense. I would give him exclusively deep route responsibilities and half the snaps his first season. Metchie can come in to spell him while he gets a breather to continue impacting the game when he’s in. Would space out the defense and force them to account for him whenever he’s on the field.

Theo Johnson has TE1 upside. Kind of reminds me of Musgrave as a prospect (though not as highly rated).

Newton would pair well on the DL with Anderson to bring a fearsome pass rush.

Franklin, Johnson and Wright would add the athleticism needed to space out the defense and open up Slowik’s playbook even more in year two.

1708087108583.png

Okay, did a new Mock and to keep folks aware of how a deal was made I wrote down the trades:

1708094675360.png

TRADES
HOU Gets: RD1-027 & RD3-066
ARI Gets: RD1-023 (CB- Kamari Lassiter / Georgia) & RD4-127 (DT- Brandon Fiske / Florida State)

HOU Gets: RD3-089
TBB Gets: RD4-123 (SS- Jaylon Carlies / Missouri), RD7-221 (OT- Anim Dankwah / Howard), 2025 RD3

TRADE POINT VALUE
HOU: 680 + 260 = 940
ARI: 760 + 044 = 804
T: +135 pts

HOU: 145
TBB: 48 + 03 + 98 = 150
T: -5 pts

Brock Bowers
    TE Georgia
    trade icon
    Troy Franklin
    WR Oregon
    Will Shipley
    RB Clemson
    Kitan Oladapo
    S Oregon State
    Jamree Kromah
    DT James Madison
    trade icon
    Gabriel Murphy
    EDGE UCLA
    Jaylon Hutchings
    DT Texas Tech

Offense heavy. Gives Stroud a ton of young weapons to work with and grow with and also provides some injury protection if a guy goes down. Hit Defense hard in Free agency.

Okay, did a new Mock and to keep folks aware of how a deal was made I wrote down the trades:

View attachment 13664

TRADES
ARI Gets: RD1-023 (CB- Kamari Lassiter / Georgia) & RD4-127 (DT- Brandon Fiske / Florida State)

TBB Gets: RD4-123 (SS- Jaylon Carlies / Missouri), RD7-221 (OT- Anim Dankwah / Howard), 2025 RD3

TRADE POINT VALUE

Good one Opto .... I do feel a little better on Mims vs Guyton .... but I think Guyton has the higher ceiling .... big man who maintains balance as he moves !

First draft.
#23. Byron Murphy DL TX
#123. Ray Davis RB UK
#125. Ben Sinnot TE KS.
#
Little high for Burton

View attachment 13664

TRADES

TRADE POINT VALUE

Why draft a tackle? Why spend anymore resources on oline?

I'm not saying spend 1-23 on an OT. But CnD thinks that if Howard makes it back his game wont be up to par with where it was before he was injured. I would probably re-sign Jones and draft a guy like Rouse or Greenfield to develop in the 4th rd.

……b/c the OL is still weak. Injuries and lack of talent played a part. Injured players can make it back. Lack of talent at RT is going to leave Stroud open to hits and hamper the running game. Yes, it’s unfortunate but RT must be addressed in this draft or through free agency.

……b/c the OL is still weak. Injuries and lack of talent played a part. Injured players can make it back. Lack of talent at RT is going to leave Stroud open to hits and hamper the running game. Yes, it’s unfortunate but RT must be addressed in this draft or through free agency.
They have the most drafted and most expensive ol in NFL and you want to burn another 1st rd pick? When you have a top shelf qb they have to negotiate in areas that are lacking. That's what makes them special. There is no way I would spend any more resources on the o line. They already have 3 1st rd picks and a 2nd d pick tied up. Imo, they have more pressing positions.

I'm on board with bringing back Jones and drafting a guy like Rouse or Greenfield in the 4th rd to develop.

They have the most drafted and most expensive ol in NFL and you want to burn another 1st rd pick? When you have a top shelf qb they have to negotiate in areas that are lacking. That's what makes them special. There is no way I would spend any more resources on the o line. They already have 3 1st rd picks and a 2nd d pick tied up. Imo, they have more pressing positions.
I somewhat agree with this. I wouldn't spend a top 100 pick on a OT, but I would like a developmental guy. If Howard cant play at a high level then I hope they bring back Jones and draft a guy to give them options. One thing that helps is this is a deep OT class. Another developmental guy I like is Goncalves out of Pittsburgh. Talented guy but got injured, appears to be an alpha.

This is unless a guy like Mims falls to 2-59 (Unlikely) then you pick him and if he turns out to be as good as I think he will be, then you look at trading Tunsil in the 2025 offseason.

I somewhat agree with this. I wouldn't spend a top 100 pick on a OT, but I would like a developmental guy. If Howard cant play at a high level then I hope they bring back Jones and draft a guy to give them options. One thing that helps is this is a deep OT class. Another developmental guy I like is Goncalves out of Pittsburgh. Talented guy but got injured, appears to be an alpha.

This is unless a guy like Mims falls to 2-59 (Unlikely) then you pick him and if he turns out to be as good as I think he will be, then you look at trading Tunsil in the 2025 offseason.
Tunsil played with a bad knee and still shut down Garrett and TJ. Not to mention, why would you eat all that money? As long as he's healthy and the way he plays, he can do that for awhile. Getting better in the run game falls on alot of players. You don't have to be Baltimore, just be able to run it when you need to.

Right now maybe, but he has been ranked as high as #45 - for a reason. Excellent route runner and has burner speed - 4.31 40 to his credit.
Averaged 20.5 per in the SEC.
I don't see it. He's a body catcher 1 trick pony. Looks like a 3rd rd pick to me, but thats just me

I liked this haul. Traded down with Bucs pick 23 for picks 26 and 89:

Four day one impact players. Possibly a 5th with Wright depending on what they do in FA. I did take three DBs, but that is planning for the future. Mustapha/Monroe are CB/safety hybrids you put them where you think they have the best chance to develop.

Sainstrill imo is the best nickel CB in the draft and will be a cornerstone player in the secondary along with Stingley.

I really like the idea of Franklin in this offense. I would give him exclusively deep route responsibilities and half the snaps his first season. Metchie can come in to spell him while he gets a breather to continue impacting the game when he’s in. Would space out the defense and force them to account for him whenever he’s on the field.

Theo Johnson has TE1 upside. Kind of reminds me of Musgrave as a prospect (though not as highly rated).

Newton would pair well on the DL with Anderson to bring a fearsome pass rush.

Franklin, Johnson and Wright would add the athleticism needed to space out the defense and open up Slowik’s playbook even more in year two.

View attachment 13662
Newton needs to play with a bigger guy next to him.He gets washed down if he doesnt. He could actually replace Collins, but they couldn't play together in obvious pass situations.

Reactions: JB
Yep except had 2200 yds and 29 tds his last 2 years at ND. I guess if he's there in the 4th, he's worth a shot as a bit player. Tahj Washington and Rice of USC will be there and they provide the same thing in that wheelhouse.
No thanks to Washington but I do like Rice

They do have 3 firsts and a second .... that is a fact. When drafted, a bunch of folks said - "Man, that's a ton of potential they got there" ! Potential actually means - talent, yet to be determined ! Every pick in the draft is a gamble .... well, except for CJ Braveheart !

Tunsil played with a bad knee and still shut down Garrett and TJ. Not to mention, why would you eat all that money? As long as he's healthy and the way he plays, he can do that for awhile. Getting better in the run game falls on alot of players. You don't have to be Baltimore, just be able to run it when you need to.

I've been the biggest keep Tunsil guy even when the media and some of their sheeple wanted to pinch pennies. I was just throwing this out there for them.

Newton needs to play with a bigger guy next to him.He gets washed down if he doesnt. He could actually replace Collins, but they couldn't play together in obvious pass situations.
Not if you think Newton is more Donald than Kancey.

Although I do agree it would be helpful to have a guy like Jones/Wilkins next to him. Actually a guy like Grover Stewart would fit in really well next to Newton.

K
Not if you think Newton is more Donald than Kancey.

Although I do agree it would be helpful to have a guy like Jones/Wilkins next to him. Actually a guy like Grover Stewart would fit in really well next to Newton.
Kancey played well as a rookie next to Vea. I mean you could double up and draft him in the 1st and come back in the 3rd for Jefferson or McKinley Jackson

Why? Because he threw a dude helmet? Its more about the combo is what I was getting at. Newton needs a bigger 0 tech type guy next to him
LSU Smith is a guy I would look at putting to Newton. But what I really want is Wilkins next to Newton. Newton is much better than Kancey IMHO.

Why? Because he threw a dude helmet? Its more about the combo is what I was getting at. Newton needs a bigger 0 tech type guy next to him
Yep. He ripped his helmet off and damn near threw it at the guys face. That would have been a 15 yard penalty and possibly an ejection if he does that in a game. Doing that in front of a bunch of professional scouts is just flat stupid.

Back