Thanks for your support!

Really Early 2024 Mock Draft…..

1. Nabers WR LSU
2. Sanders TE, UT
3. Christian Mohogany, OG Boston College
4. Smael Mondon, LB Georgia
4. Sweat, DT, UT
Trading up for Catalon, S UT.

Is this draft UT centric? Yes it is. Can these guys play? Yes they can.

That simulator is not good. I'm not Sanders' biggest fan here, but they had him available in the 180s when I tried it this morning. Wilson, the FSU receiver, was available super late as well.

I think at this point in the process, using your own evaluations of where players may/may not be eligible is more useful than following the simulator.

As for the draft itself- it looks like it may be a pretty deep year at receiver if some of the juniors declare. Outside of MHJ, I don't know if spending a first on the position is the way to go. Same thing with TE; outside of Bowers, I think I'll wait until the middle rounds and take a flyer on someone like Stover or the Minnesota TE (Spann-Ford?)

DT and OL look like weaker positions, so if I'm drafting today, I'm looking at those positions. OL is a little harder to determine, because the Texans have invested a decent amount there, but there is no denying it's value and the poor performance of the Texans' line so far this season, even taking injuries into account.

Of course, a lot is going to change between now and next April.

That simulator is not good. I'm not Sanders' biggest fan here, but they had him available in the 180s when I tried it this morning. Wilson, the FSU receiver, was available super late as well.

I think at this point in the process, using your own evaluations of where players may/may not be eligible is more useful than following the simulator.

As for the draft itself- it looks like it may be a pretty deep year at receiver if some of the juniors declare. Outside of MHJ, I don't know if spending a first on the position is the way to go. Same thing with TE; outside of Bowers, I think I'll wait until the middle rounds and take a flyer on someone like Stover or the Minnesota TE (Spann-Ford?)

DT and OL look like weaker positions, so if I'm drafting today, I'm looking at those positions. OL is a little harder to determine, because the Texans have invested a decent amount there, but there is no denying it's value and the poor performance of the Texans' line so far this season, even taking injuries into account.

Of course, a lot is going to change between now and next April.
Just to follow up on this- I just ran it again.

24. Jer'Zhan Newton, DT, Illinois

34. Jeremiah Trotter Jr., LB, Clemson

93. Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State

98. Cade Stover, TE, Ohio State

120. Bucky Irving, RB, Oregon

193. Shedeur Sanders, QB, Colorado

194. Robert Scott Jr., OL, Florida State

214. Dontay Corleone, DT, Cincy

I would have liked to spend a little bit more on the OL, but the value that was available at the "skill" positions was just too good to pass up. Stover and maybe Irving are the only two I feel like I didn't get phenomenal value on. Come April, I'm guessing about 4 of these guys end up in the first 40 picks (if they all declare)- Newton, Trotter Jr., Coleman, Sanders, and Corleone being 5 names I think have a chance to be there.

It's just not a realistic simulator at the moment, IMO.

Just to follow up on this- I just ran it again.

24. Jer'Zhan Newton, DT, Illinois

34. Jeremiah Trotter Jr., LB, Clemson

93. Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State

98. Cade Stover, TE, Ohio State

120. Bucky Irving, RB, Oregon

193. Shedeur Sanders, QB, Colorado

194. Robert Scott Jr., OL, Florida State

214. Dontay Corleone, DT, Cincy

I would have liked to spend a little bit more on the OL, but the value that was available at the "skill" positions was just too good to pass up. Stover and maybe Irving are the only two I feel like I didn't get phenomenal value on. Come April, I'm guessing about 4 of these guys end up in the first 40 picks (if they all declare)- Newton, Trotter Jr., Coleman, Sanders, and Corleone being 5 names I think have a chance to be there.

It's just not a realistic simulator at the moment, IMO.

At this time, you have to ignore their player rankings and cross reference to see where players are predicted to be.

• Sad
Reactions: JB
Nothing more than gathering the names of the players in one place.
I prefer Walter's football.com and
for that.

Just my two cents

I prefer Walter's football.com and
for that.

Just my two cents

I always go to Walters, but the advertisements are just iPad busters…..so I use my laptop when I’m near it.

It’s Turkey Day and I’m sitting here watching the Redskins / Cowboys game and burning some time on the PFN Simulator. My Mock came up like this:

RD1-024: DE- Laiatu Latu (UCLA)

RD2-055: RB- Trey Benson (Florida State)

RD3-095: DT- Ruke Orhorhoro (Clemson)

RD4-121: TE- Luke Lachey (Iowa)
RD4-124: QB- Cameron Ward (Washington State)

RD7-221: FS- Jaylon Carlies (Missouri)
RD7-238: CB- MJ Devonshire (Pitt)
RD7-240: CB- Zy Alexander (LSU)
RD7-248: SS- Kendal Daniels (Oklahoma State)

My bet, QB- Davis Mills will be moved in the off-season so the Texans will need a new one.

It’s Turkey Day and I’m sitting here watching the Redskins / Cowboys game and burning some time on the PFN Simulator. My Mock came up like this:

RD1-024: DE- Laiatu Latu (UCLA)

RD2-055: RB- Trey Benson (Florida State)

RD3-095: DT- Ruke Orhorhoro (Clemson)

RD4-121: TE- Luke Lachey (Iowa)
RD4-124: QB- Cameron Ward (Washington State)

RD7-221: FS- Jaylon Carlies (Missouri)
RD7-238: CB- MJ Devonshire (Pitt)
RD7-240: CB- Zy Alexander (LSU)
RD7-248: SS- Kendal Daniels (Oklahoma State)

My bet, QB- Davis Mills will be moved in the off-season so the Texans will need a new one.
That’s an interesting take on trading Mills, but I could see it. I’d love an additional early day 3 pick.
He’s a good backup though, so there’s also a possibility we keep him.

Love the Latu and Lachey picks, but I’d want to address corner earlier than round 7 if we could.

I had some time so I ran a quick PFN mock. I still think there are some questionable rankings, but

24- Jared Verse, EDGE
48- Sedrick Van Pran, Center
95- Bucky Irving, RB
113- Cade Stover, TE
119- Devontez Walker, WR
194- DeWayne Carter, DT
206- Xavier Watts, S
209- Trikweze Bridges, CB

I had some time so I ran a quick PFN mock. I still think there are some questionable rankings, but

24- Jared Verse, EDGE
48- Sedrick Van Pran, Center
95- Bucky Irving, RB
113- Cade Stover, TE
119- Devontez Walker, WR
194- DeWayne Carter, DT
206- Xavier Watts, S
209- Trikweze Bridges, CB
Why did you draft Van Pran? We have both Patterson and Scruggs to via for the C position next year.

Why did you draft Van Pran? We have both Patterson and Scruggs to via for the C position next year.

Depth. Scruggs could be the LG. Or Patterson may be. I could make a case that Van Pran is better than both.

As Lucky says, depth is never a bad thing. And I think Van Pran is much better than both;in my opinion, he looks like a 10+ year high-level starter, and set-it and forget-it type of guy. I don't think Scruggs or Patterson are on that level.

24. Jer'Zhan Newton DT Illinois
48. Sedrick Van Pran OC Georgia
95. T'Vondre Sweat DT Texas
113. Cade Stover TE Ohio State
119. Deontae Lawson LB Alabama

24. Taliese Fuaga, OT Oregon State
48. J.T. Tuimoloau, EDGE Ohio State
95. T'Vondre Sweat, DT Texas
113. Deontae Lawson, LB Alabama
119. Blake Corum, RB Michigan
194. Jamon Dumas-Johnson, LB Georgia
206. Jaylon Carlies, S Missouri
209. Tyreek Chappell, CB Texas A&M

1. Quinyon Mitchell CB Toledo
2. Trey Benson RB Fla. St.
3. T'Vondre Sweat DT Texas
4. Jermaine Burton WR Alabama
4. Jahadae Barron S Texas
7.C.J. Dipree TE Alabama
7.Nick Jackson LB Iowa
7. Al Blades Jr. CB/S Duke

24. Jared Verse EDGE Florida State
95. Cole Bishop S Utah
194. Moose Muhammad III WR Texas A&M
206. Braden Fiske DT Florida State
209. Ainias Smith WR Texas A&M

24. Jared Verse EDGE Florida State
95. Cole Bishop S Utah
194. Moose Muhammad III WR Texas A&M
206. Braden Fiske DT Florida State
209. Ainias Smith WR Texas A&M
What other positions can Van Pran play?

1st time looking at this, nice to see the old gang is still here. I'm wondering how much losing Tank with his ability to take the top of defenses gone for season affects how Texans approach this upcoming draft? With Stroud's impressive deep ball accuracy and chunk play ability, I wouldn't be opposed to taking a shot on one in this draft and doesn't have to be early either. Hope Menchie can somewhat cover Tank role for intermediate term, his value will bear some weight in this decision process.

I like Edge in first, but do you guys really think Jared Verse will fall that far to the Cleveland pick? I keep hoping they lose, and now they finally are showing strain from QB void but still hanging tough. I got killed for my preference for still going OT in first before the season started (Texans locked up Tunsil & Howard) but then the injuries started piling up. So its pretty simple, if there is a stud OT mid to late 1st who can be at minimum a franchise RT, then go that route. Would help in pass pro and run blocking. Believe Fant is a free agent, been loving his game, attitude and availability (would prefer him to Howard) but doubt Houston can pay him what the market will bear.

A current Mock Draft based on the end of the regular CFB season:

025. DT- T’Vondre Sweat (Texas)

050. TE- Ja’Tavion Sanders (Texas)

092. FS- Cole Bishop (Utah)

114. CB- TJ Tampa (Iowa State)

121. LB- Payton Wilson (North Carolina State) “MLB”

195. RB- Jaylon Wright (Tennessee)

205. TE- Thomas Yassmin (Utah)

209. OT- Rueben Fatheree II (Texas A&M)

As for the Texans current UFA Class….I’m good with trying to get 14 of the 24 re-signed

10 Players Not Re-signed:

DT- Teair Tart
FS- Eric Murray
RT- George Fant
LB- Denzel Perryman
OL- Scott Quessenberry
RB- Dare Ogunbowale
OT- Josh Jones
LB- Neville Hewitt
OG- DJ Scaife
OC- Keaton Sutherland

I would try to trade:

WR- Robert Woods
RB- Dameon Pierce

My biggest UFA target in off-season:

WR- Mike Evans (TB)

With Evans the receivers would look like this:

WR1- Evans
WR2- Collins
WR3- Dell
WR4- Brown
WR- Metchie
WR- Hutchinson

Last edited:
Two UDFA/late rounders that will definitely move a LOT higher:-
Ricky White WR (UNLV)
AJ Barner TE (Mich)
I would take White pick 116 and Barner with 120.
How these two are ranked so low is beyond me.

A current Mock Draft based on the end of the regular CFB season:

025. DT- T’Vondre Sweat (Texas)

050. TE- Ja’Tavion Sanders (Texas)

092. FS- Cole Bishop (Utah)

114. CB- TJ Tampa (Iowa State)

121. LB- Payton Wilson (North Carolina State) “MLB”

195. RB- Jaylon Wright (Tennessee)

205. TE- Thomas Yassmin (Utah)

209. OT- Rueben Fatheree II (Texas A&M)

As for the Texans current UFA Class….I’m good with trying to get 14 of the 24 re-signed

10 Players Not Re-signed:

DT- Teair Tart
FS- Eric Murray
RT- George Fant
LB- Denzel Perryman
OL- Scott Quessenberry
RB- Dare Ogunbowale
OT- Josh Jones
LB- Neville Hewitt
OG- DJ Scaife
OC- Keaton Sutherland

I would try to trade:

WR- Robert Woods
RB- Dameon Pierce

My biggest UFA target in off-season:

WR- Mike Evans (TB)

With Evans the receivers would look like this:

WR1- Evans
WR2- Collins
WR3- Dell
WR4- Brown
WR- Metchie
WR- Hutchinson
While I like the idea of adding Evans, I don’t think TB is going to let him walk. I think he’s a buccaneer for life. What would you do if you can’t get Evans? Would you draft a receiver or try to add a FA?

While I like the idea of adding Evans, I don’t think TB is going to let him walk. I think he’s a buccaneer for life. What would you do if you can’t get Evans? Would you draft a receiver or try to add a FA?

I’d adjust and draft a WR.

As for Evans, the Bucs have a few important UFA’s besides Evans. For the Texans, this new group of core players just got year one under their belt, which means their new contracts could be due in 3 to 4 years at the earliest. This could be the season to splurge on a FA signing. From what I’ve read, Evans and his agent are looking for a Cooper Kupp type of contract (3 YRS @ 80.1M) which would pay out at 26.7M annually. Would Evans be worth the investment? I couldn’t think of a better addition for Stroud to make a nice jump in production and avoid the sophomore slump. Again, Stroud having Evans, Collins, Dell, Brown, Metchie, and Hutchinson could make for a nice 2024 season.

I’d adjust and draft a WR.

As for Evans, the Bucs have a few important UFA’s besides Evans. For the Texans, this new group of core players just got year one under their belt, which means their new contracts could be due in 3 to 4 years at the earliest. This could be the season to splurge on a FA signing. From what I’ve read, Evans and his agent are looking for a Cooper Kupp type of contract (3 YRS @ 80.1M) which would pay out at 26.7M annually. Would Evans be worth the investment? I couldn’t think of a better addition for Stroud to make a nice jump in production and avoid the sophomore slump. Again, Stroud having Evans, Collins, Dell, Brown, Metchie, and Hutchinson could make for a nice 2024 season.
Would love to have Evans here but I think Texans FO will bring in a good pass rusher in the off season. They have the basis for a good receiver corp so that makes for a swing at a receiver from the draft but maybe later round.
I also think they could go for a RT with their first pick.
Yeah, RTs are not as valuable in the first round but if you luck into a good one, your Oline is bookended with solid guys.

Would love to have Evans here but I think Texans FO will bring in a good pass rusher in the off season. They have the basis for a good receiver corp so that makes for a swing at a receiver from the draft but maybe later round.
I also think they could go for a RT with their first pick.
Yeah, RTs are not as valuable in the first round but if you luck into a good one, your Oline is bookended with solid guys.
Why do you think we’ll go RT in the draft when we just extended Howard?

I wouldn’t be upset since there are several really good RTs in the draft, but it would confuse me.

I wouldn’t be upset since there are several really good RTs in the draft, but it would confuse me.
From last Sunday's game thread>

Season ending knee-patellar tendon injury for Tytus Howard confirmed by MRI
IIRC a poster asked @CloakNNNdagger if Tytus Howard injury was same as former Texans Derek Newton and was given an affirmative answer.
Newton went out in 2016 and tried to return but was unsuccessful.

Last edited:

We have no real quality depth after Tunsil and Howard and Howard ain't all that anyway.
Draft a young lion to earn his stripes at swing tackle and/or G.
We just have to get better at protecting Stroud and improving the run game.

Back