Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Pre-season 8/25/2013, Game 3 vs Saints + Top 5 things you are interested in seeing?

EVOLVIST

Kid A
Now we have Opie Friggin' Taylor in at QB for the Saints.

He'll throw it to any Gomer her wants to and shred us up.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
And it was the same for Yates and would be for any other qb. Your best receiver by far is going to be who you trust the most, get the most targets and likely catches too.
Yes i know that AJ will and should always be his first option. My point is he "should" reads. A progression he goes through. BUT often times it appears he dont even see what is going on with everyone else, or to even see if the other WRs are wide open.

Sorry but that is a problem he needs to work on.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Clutts needs to set the edge much faster than that, he gets to his guy that play is in celebratory stage.

2012Champs

Hall of Fame
Yes i know that AJ will and should always be his first option. My point is he "should" reads. A progression he goes through. BUT often times it appears he dont even see what is going on with everyone else, or to even see if the other WRs are wide open.

Sorry but that is a problem he needs to work on.

How many targets did OD get in the first half? And AJ?

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
No penalty, I think the rules applies when the RB lowers his head to meet the defender when outside the tackle box or more than three yards down field

I think you are correct, but can't understand for sure the bolded.

A 15-yard penalty, and the offending player will also be subject to a possible fine. If an offensive player and a defensive player both lower their heads, the resulting penalties will offset. The rule will only be in effect when both players clearly are outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle-to-tackle and from 3 yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team's end line).

2012Champs

Hall of Fame
So we only have 2 guys running routes ?

I think your missing my point.

I'm not missing your point. I think you and some others are overblowing the AJ targets and acting as though Matt wouldn't throw it to anyone else.

If OD caught his targets he could have posted 100+ yards too or rather AJ would have had less of a chance to post the same.

I also note you failed to answer the question which would have shown not only did Matt target others but AJ wasnt his most popular choice.

htownfan32

Hall of Fame
I think Yates looks good today, more focused and more on-point. It looks night and day from the first pre-season game and right now.

SAMURAITEXAN

All Pro
Like I've been saying. I want to see reliable #3 WR candidate to shows up. There were so many drops by WRs except for AJ of course.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
I'm not missing your point. I think you and some others are overblowing the AJ targets and acting as though Matt wouldn't throw it to anyone else.

If OD caught his targets he could have posted 100+ yards too or rather AJ would have had less of a chance to post the same.

I also note you failed to answer the question which would have shown not only did Matt target others but AJ wasnt his most popular choice.
Dude O.D is a reliable target also, i was simply stating A LOT of times Schaub had wide open guys that he failed to see. Take the play where he threw the ball into double coverage that almost got picked on the check down. Its the only place he looked. There were 2 wide open guys on that play.

2012Champs

Hall of Fame
Dude O.D is a reliable target also, i was simply stating A LOT of times Schaub had wide open guys that he failed to see. Take the play where he threw the ball into double coverage that almost got picked on the check down. Its the only place he looked. There were 2 wide open guys on that play.

I'm not sure you are aware of the but watching things on tv is certainly a little different than playing. I'm sure you always see all the open receivers that QBs don't. Just because you see something on tv doesn't mean it's a valid option

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
I'm not sure you are aware of the but watching things on tv is certainly a little different than playing. I'm sure you always see all the open receivers that QBs don't. Just because you see something on tv doesn't mean it's a valid option
Same goes for the person on the other side saying it aint so.