Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Pre-season 8/25/2013, Game 3 vs Saints + Top 5 things you are interested in seeing?

I wouldn't say KJ got burnt. He had tight coverage and even had a hand in there. That was all Stills.

JJo? Yeah, he was unbuttered toast.

You're completely right on KJ. It was a lazy post and I just lumped him in there with JJo.

Point I was trying to make though was Watt, Smith, & Mitchell were off the field for that drive.

Schaub is just off target today. Not impressed with him at all.

Ben Jones has been ticking me off all game.

Pass defense has had some problems, but also some good coverage.

Bulluck is doing pretty well.

And yet again, the Texans land on 16 freakin' points. I absolutely hate that number.

Would of liked theme to go with the 4 quarter last play of the game approach to put some pressure on the offense vs the FG there.

Ok, I've heard "thrown just a little behind" too many times today...

hF476F129

Kj needs to stop playing defense.

What I mean is when the ball is in the air he needs to have the mindset that its his. He's good everywhere else, but he has not been great at keeping the wr's from making good catches with him right there on them. You have to finish the play. Almost every WR in the league can make those catches if the defender doesn't finish by betting a hand in or going for the pick.

At some point kj has to stop playing the wr and start playing the ball. Become the aggressor once you are in good position. Make a play on the ball.

You're completely right on KJ. It was a lazy post and I just lumped him in there with JJo.

Point I was trying to make though was Watt, Smith, & Mitchell were off the field for that drive.

Eh, I would pay that more dividends if he sat in the pocket a while. It was a basic 5-7 step drop and release. The secondary has to be able to cover that long. If they can't then there is an issue.

Kareem was a tad late getting his head around but generally that would have ended up incomplete if thrown at all.

I'm watching from the Firstrow website, so the picture's a little blurry, but on that pass to Andre where he pushed off the CB to make the catch, did Schaub just kinda throw it up there in AJ's general direction when he felt the heat? It looked like he just heaved it towards him without really looking.

8 doesn't look good. No mobility, poor foot work is a given. late on throws/off target is starting to happen way too often. Concerned.

I'm watching from the Firstrow website, so the picture's a little blurry, but on that pass to Andre where he pushed off the CB to make the catch, did Schaub just kinda throw it up there in AJ's general direction when he felt the heat? It looked like he just heaved it towards him without really looking.

Yep.

I see we are in regular season form. Settling for field goals in stead of touch down.

16 points. They land on 16 points way too frequently to be a great team. 16 points means you failed 3/4 times.

AJ looks great.

Tate finally showing life.

Martin is blah. We need Hopkins bad and hopefully Posey eventually turns into a solid number 3.

Schaub is still TERRIBLY immobile lol.

Joseph is starting to worry me. first Wallace bused him now the Saints. Not good.

Crick looks good. Cushing is average. Jefferson looks good.

Bullock and Lechler are on point. Look for Shapiro to get a mystery injury soon :mcnugget:

Yeah ur right, he would perform under par. Pretty sure thats what ya want :chickendance:

If Case was better than Matt I'd want him in there but he isn't and no amount of your wishing will get him there. If he is to become better than Matt it's going to take a lot more time

The amount of time Schaub has to throw is directly related to how long Newton is able to protect. And Matt isn't so awesome when he has to make quick reads.

The amount of time Schaub has to throw is directly related to how long Newton is able to protect. And Matt isn't so awesome when he has to make quick reads.

Between Newton and Ben Jones, the pass pro sucks often enough that he's not going to trust it.

If Case was better than Matt I'd want him in there but he isn't and no amount of your wishing will get him there. If he is to become better than Matt it's going to take a lot more time

Let me put it this way Matt has reached his ceiling. CK has a long ways to go, and i believe over time it will greatly exceed Schaubs.

The offense and defense both had spurts of goodness mixed with spurts of ineptitude. Not what I wanted to see out of the first string. Defending Brees though is no easy task, I'll give the defense that.

The offense and defense both had spurts of goodness mixed with spurts of ineptitude. Not what I wanted to see out of the first string. Defending Brees though is no easy task, I'll give the defense that.

The struggling 1st string D against their 2nd string O is what has me worried !

Let me put it this way Matt has reached his ceiling. CK has a long ways to go, and i believe over time it will greatly exceed Schaubs.

Well now that your expert opinion is out there the Texans will be better off with Matt as the starter now instead of Case

The problem is that I believe a good deal of the Saints D were out after the 2nd Q.

Brees didn't do much, TBH. He hit Ingram on a check-down and Mays pooched the tackle, so it was run in for a TD. It was McCown who was passing it downfield.

Back