Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Poll - Who should Texans take @ #67?

Who should they take?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On PFF draft board Javonte Williams is #58 of #300, 2nd RD.
On PFF draft board Terrace Marshall is #26 of #300, 1st RD.

Boards are off. Drafters know better, more fluid and up to date. Results I posted are real life avid draft fans, like yourself, who put lot of their own thoughts into picks, and I would also add, use better boards from best in business like Brugler, to address team need with best possible player available. Very competitive, real time not horse pucky simulator **** that gives people false sense of security and importance. This is real drafting or as close as it gets to the real thing.

Texans don’t pick again until #109.
Any suggestions?

Boards are off. Drafters know better, more fluid and up to date. Results I posted are real life avid draft fans, like yourself, who put lot of their own thoughts into picks, and I would also add, use better boards from best in business like Brugler, to address team need with best possible player available. Very competitive, real time not horse pucky simulator **** that gives people false sense of security and importance. This is real drafting or as close as it gets to the real thing.

Any suggestions?

I missed it, who did you pick for the Texans at 67? Who else wasavailable on the board?

If Ellerson Smith or Odeyingbo are there that's who I would pick.

There is no exact science as to what will sway the draft and what won’t in any one direction. What we know for certain....QB, Trevor Lawrence will be the first pick. We know Penei Sewell will be the first OT taken. The top position player will be easy to identify but we don’t where they’ll be picked b/c the rush for QB’s could change everything.

So, everyone should put forth their best guess as to who will be around at 67 b/c in the end, that’s all it will be......a guess.

No, I completely agree that Williams and Marshall will be gone by #67. I was just throwing my opinion in there on if both were available at 67 who I would prefer and why.

A lot of this is just wishful thinking.

If I've learned anything in my years (decades) of following the NFL draft is that it's difficult to predict who's going to be hanging around in the 3rd round. There's always a surprise or two. And when that happens, my mind wonders "ok, what's wrong with this guy", when in reality there might not be anything secretive going on, it's just that the draft is a human process. There are a lot of varying opinions even within teams. That one screenshot shared on this board many, many times of Rick Smith standing up with a huge smile on his face in the war warm when the Texans selected Watson while the rest of the room looked indifferent kind of tells us something. Or at least it's suggestive.

What I think will happen is that Tryon will be gone as will Williams and Marshall. The Texans have needs everywhere so they can go BPA at #67. But I have to consider priority needs. I believe their biggest need is along the DL. Last season they couldn't generate a consistent pass rush nor could they stop the run, especially in the second half. I think the Texans will go either Boogie Basham or Jabril Cox.

There is no exact science as to what will sway the draft and what won’t in any one direction. What we know for certain....QB, Trevor Lawrence will be the first pick. We know Penei Sewell will be the first OT taken. The top position player will be easy to identify but we don’t where they’ll be picked b/c the rush for QB’s could change everything.

So, everyone should put forth their best guess as to who will be around at 67 b/c in the end, that’s all it will be......a guess.
But whoever guesses right gets to be the king of the board for 1.2 seconds.

No, I completely agree that Williams and Marshall will be gone by #67. I was just throwing my opinion in there on if both were available at 67 who I would prefer and why.

A lot of this is just wishful thinking.

If I've learned anything in my years (decades) of following the NFL draft is that it's difficult to predict who's going to be hanging around in the 3rd round. There's always a surprise or two. And when that happens, my mind wonders "ok, what's wrong with this guy", when in reality there might not be anything secretive going on, it's just that the draft is a human process. There are a lot of varying opinions even within teams. That one screenshot shared on this board many, many times of Rick Smith standing up with a huge smile on his face in the war warm when the Texans selected Watson while the rest of the room looked indifferent kind of tells us something. Or at least it's suggestive.

What I think will happen is that Tryon will be gone as will Williams and Marshall. The Texans have needs everywhere so they can go BPA at #67. But I have to consider priority needs. I believe their biggest need is along the DL. Last season they couldn't generate a consistent pass rush nor could they stop the run, especially in the second half. I think the Texans will go either Boogie Basham or Jabril Cox.

After his athletic testing scores I would think Basham will be gone by the late 1st middle of the 2nd.

Any suggestions?
Folks who degrade PFF NFL Draft Guide immediately tells me they do not subscribe to the guide and know little if anything about PFF. As a subscriber I can tell you the PFF Draft Guide is put together by folks who are much smarter than the Bruglers, Kipers, McShays, Brooks, Jeremiahs, Zierleins of the draft world. PFF has some real mathematical wiz kids doing analytical and an army full The PFF agents grinding and grading videos. They provide more draft info than any other organization. No one else is better prepared and that includes many NFL draft rooms. I fell confident that all 32 NFL teams subscribes to PFFs draft guide. If you are not, then you are missing out.

PFF's 2021 NFL Draft Guide is LIVE!
COLLEGE
PFF's 2021 NFL Draft Guide is loaded with PFF grades, advanced data, analysis and more. It's now live and made available to all EDGE and ELITE subscribers.

NFL, Fantasy Football, and NFL Draft | PFF

Go ahead and spend the $30, you'll be the best informed Draftnik you've ever been.

#109 - Tommy Togiai, DL Ohio St. 6'2", 296, 40 REPS, SUB 5.0 40

Last edited:
OK, here's my next thoughts on this draft.

First off, it's difficult, not knowing what our defense will look like, what position players currently on the roster will play and how well they will perform at those positions. But my basic premise is that we need to improve our pass rush and our defensive backfield.

Second, I believe the top 8 QB's will be gone. But if one were to drop, I took a good look at Ryan Finley and I like what I saw. He may not be a top tier QB, but as a next level talent, I think he stands up well against what Mills or Mond would bring to the table. But having said this, if the Texas were to select Mond at 67 I would not be disappointed. I like him over Mills because he is a true dual-threat QB and fits the modern game. Both Finley and Mills are pocket passers with some escapability skill.

At #67, I like DB, Syracuse, Ifeatu Melifonwu. Eric Stokes also caught my eye, but I don't think he'll be there. Melifonwu is a complete defensive back, effective in any type of coverage with strong coverage skills and quick to come up to support the run; and can play multiple positions in the backfield.

At 4 (109), I'm liking two WR's, Nicco Collins or Tamorrion Terry.

Other players who have caught my attention for the third day are: LB Charles Snowden; DL Cameron Sample; DE Joseph Ossai; and finally DE Janarius Robinson.

Robinson I really like for upside. I've seen him ranked anywhere from 5th round to UFA. He's typically graded as a standup edge LB type, but his natural position, and his best fit for the NFL, is hand down 4-3 DE. At this position he needs some adjustment and development.

First off, it's difficult, not knowing what our defense will look like, what position players currently on the roster will play and how well they will perform at those positions. But my basic premise is that we need to improve our pass rush and our defensive backfield.

Second, I believe the top 8 QB's will be gone. But if one were to drop, I took a good look at Ryan Finley and I like what I saw. He may not be a top tier QB, but as a next level talent, I think he stands up well against what Mills or Mond would bring to the table. But having said this, if the Texas were to select Mond at 67 I would not be disappointed. I like him over Mills because he is a true dual-threat QB and fits the modern game. Both Finley and Mills are pocket passers with some escapability skill.

At #67, I like DB, Syracuse, Ifeatu Melifonwu. Eric Stokes also caught my eye, but I don't think he'll be there. Melifonwu is a complete defensive back, effective in any type of coverage with strong coverage skills and quick to come up to support the run; and can play multiple positions in the backfield.

Other players who have caught my attention for the third day are: LB Charles Snowden; DL Cameron Sample; DE Joseph Ossai; and finally DE Janarius Robinson.

Robinson I really like for upside. I've seen him ranked anywhere from 5th round to UFA. He's typically graded as a standup edge LB type, but his natural position, and his best fit for the NFL, is hand down 4-3 DE. At this position he needs some adjustment and development.

The QB you're describing Mills/Finley as are the types of QBs that are winning SBs. You have to have some mobility, but delivering with accuracy and anticipation to all levels is much more important than mobility.

Love Melifonu- and think he would be perfect for Lovie"s defense. Doubt he will be there though.

Rocinson reminds me of Ohmenihu. You could do worse in the 4th.

Folks who degrade PFF NFL Draft Guide immediately tells me they do not subscribe to the guide and know little if any about PFF. As a subscriber I can tell you the PFF Draft Guide is put together by folks who are much smarter than the Bruglers, Kipers, McShays, Brooks, Jeremiahs, Zierleins of the draft world. PFF has some real mathematical wiz kids doing analytical and an army of full The PFF agents grinding and grading videos. They provide more draft info than any other organization. No one else is better prepared and that includes many NFL draft rooms. I fell confident that all 32 NFL teams subscribes to PFFs draft guide. If you are not, then you are missing out.

COLLEGE
PFF's 2021 NFL Draft Guide is loaded with PFF grades, advanced data, analysis and more. It's now live and made available to all EDGE and ELITE subscribers.

Go ahead and spend the $30, you'll be the best informed Draftnik you've ever been.

Just subscribed to PFF. My independent selection of Ifeatu Melifonwu for our 67th pick is right on target. PFF has him rated at 71.

Seems all you get with your subscription is their Big Board. No player analysis. You have to get their Elite package for this. Costs $200.

Just subscribed to PFF. My independent selection of Ifeatu Melifonwu for our 67th pick is right on target. PFF has him rated at 71.

Seems all you get with your subscription is their Big Board. No player analysis. You have to get their Elite package for this. Costs $200.
I got their Edge package for $28. It was #39.99 with 30% off. Features PFF Player Grades, fantasy football, NFL Draft scouting, and premium content. The draft guide has Big Board, Players by Position and player profiles 3 pages of information for each player.

PFF's 2021 NFL Draft Guide is LIVE! | College Football | PFF

You can save 30% off any PFF subscription using promo code DRAFT30 and get access to ALL of PFF’s outstanding draft content and in-season content, tools and products.

by PFF.com • yesterday

It is every Draftniks very best friend. IMO I think the only reason to get their premium package is if you're doing some heavy duty weekly betting.

PFF | In-depth player stats and rankings for NFL, College, and Fantasy Football

Last edited:
Folks who degrade PFF NFL Draft Guide immediately tells me they do not subscribe to the guide and know little if any about PFF. As a subscriber I can tell you the PFF Draft Guide is put together by folks who are much smarter than the Bruglers, Kipers, McShays, Brooks, Jeremiahs, Zierleins of the draft world. PFF has some real mathematical wiz kids doing analytical and an army of full The PFF agents grinding and grading videos. They provide more draft info than any other organization. No one else is better prepared and that includes many NFL draft rooms. I fell confident that all 32 NFL teams subscribes to PFFs draft guide. If you are not, then you are missing out.

COLLEGE

Off the board draftnik

93. BUF Panamamike Tommy Togai DT Ohio State

I got their Edge package for $28. It was #39.99 with 30% off. Features PFF Player Grades, fantasy football, NFL Draft scouting, and premium content. The draft guide has Big Board, Players by Position and player profiles 3 pages of information for each player.

PFF's 2021 NFL Draft Guide is LIVE! | College Football | PFF

You can save 30% off any PFF subscription using promo code DRAFT30 and get access to ALL of PFF’s outstanding draft content and in-season content, tools and products.

by PFF.com • yesterday

It is every Draftniks very best friend. IMO I think the only reason to get their premium package is if you're doing some heavy duty weekly betting.
When I try to look at draft guide on computer, the pages are black. I saved the file but it doesn't open. It doesn't open with Adobe or with Edge. Now I have message, the file is damaged. I've deleted and reloaded. Still doesn't open. Glad I only paid $27. I won't be a repeat customer. I'll have to try and contact customer service.

When I try to look at draft guide on computer, the pages are black. I saved the file but it doesn't open. It doesn't open with Adobe or with Edge. Now I have message, the file is damaged. I've deleted and reloaded. Still doesn't open. Glad I only paid $27. I won't be a repeat customer. I'll have to try and contact customer service.
I don't know what to tell you I have no problem and this is what I get with Edge: PFF | In-depth player stats and rankings for NFL, College, and Fantasy Football

Contacting customer service sounds like your best bet: Submit a request – Pro Football Focus (zendesk.com)

Did you try to reboot after signing up?

Last edited:
Patrick Johnson, Edge, Tulane.
Pete Werner LB, Ohio State.
Daviyon Nixon DL, Iowa

72. DET Critty Daviyon Nixon DT Iowa
78. MIN Formula 21 Pete Werner LB Ohio State University

seems like PFF has you targeting 3rd talent in the 4th?

already addressed Edge, Payton Turner early 3rd. Oh well....

72. DET Critty Daviyon Nixon DT Iowa
78. MIN Formula 21 Pete Werner LB Ohio State University

seems like PFF has you targeting 3rd talent in the 4th?

already addressed Edge, Payton Turner early 3rd. Oh well....
That should mean there are PFF 2nd and/or 3rd RDer still on the board.

They have Turner a 2nd RD #57.

clearly we’re not on the same page. Used pick #67 on Peyton Turner.

next Texans pick is #109 4th rd. That is selection focus now.

I can't see what's available but if I'm looking at positions who are the best CB/LB/DT's available?

If there's a stud WR you should consider that too.

Give us your list of 5 or so.

I really like Sample as an option if we don’t address the pass rush with our first 2 picks.

A guy that’s under the radar I like is Christian Uphoff. Here’s Matt Miller’s description of him in his all sleeper team. “Christian Uphoff is a hitter. At 6’2” and 209 pounds he plays fast and he plays downhill. He also has coverage range to play post-safety and can line up wherever the defense needs him on the back-end. Watch him work his way into a starting lineup in 2021.” I think he’d be a great pairing with Reid.

I really like Sample as an option if we don’t address the pass rush with our first 2 picks.

A guy that’s under the radar I like is Christian Uphoff. Here’s Matt Miller’s description of him in his all sleeper team. “Christian Uphoff is a hitter. At 6’2” and 209 pounds he plays fast and he plays downhill. He also has coverage range to play post-safety and can line up wherever the defense needs him on the back-end. Watch him work his way into a starting lineup in 2021.” I think he’d be a great pairing with Reid.
The thing with Sample is that he's basically a clone of Blacklock but a tad lighter and a tad quicker. And I'm not sure if either are what Smith wants at DT, especially for run defense.

The thing with Sample is that he's basically a clone of Blacklock but a tad lighter and a tad quicker. And I'm not sure if either are what Smith wants at DT, especially for run defense.
Blacklock never got me excited. I did like what Sample did SB week, but that also might not be what we’re looking for.
Ideally I’d love it if we addressed the DL in the 3rd or 4th.

Blacklock never got me excited. I did like what Sample did SB week, but that also might not be what we’re looking for.
Ideally I’d love it if we addressed the DL in the 3rd or 4th.

Bohannon is a DT I've got my eye on in the 5th for the Texans. I also think Shelving in the 4th would be a good pick. Not going to give you pass rush, but teams wouldn't be ruining on the defense like they did last year.

Bohannon is a DT I've got my eye on in the 5th for the Texans. I also think Shelving in the 4th would be a good pick. Not going to give you pass rush, but teams wouldn't be ruining on the defense like they did last year.
Never considered Shelvin. 6'-2" and 350 lbs? He would be hard to move.

Any chance Bobby Brown is there at 5 (147)? One board says yes. Another says maybe. Also, maybe, Jay Tufele or Alim McNeil.

Brown, playing against SEC talent, had 5 1/2 sacks. At 6'-4"/321 he's more what I'm looking for at DT.

One board has him rated as 7th best DT. The other, 13th. Go figure.

clearly we’re not on the same page. Used pick #67 on Peyton Turner.

next Texans pick is #109 4th rd. That is selection focus now.
We're on same page. You were pointing out many of PFF 4th RDers were getting drafted in the 3rd RD. I was pointing out Turner was a PFF 2nd RDer that went in 3rd RD. Based on how your draft is going there should be some PFF 2nd and 3rd RDers on the board for the 4th RD.

#109 -
Bobby Brown DL, Texas A&M
Jay Tufele DL , USC
Marlon Tuipuloto DL, USC

Last edited:
Listed at 6-foot-2, 376 pounds coming out of Louisiana’s Notre Dame High School, Shelvin was considered a four-star recruit by 247Sports and a five-star recruit by others. He committed to LSU very early in the process but still was recruited heavily by Alabama among some other schools. However, he never wavered in his commitment to the Tigers. He grew up less than an hour away from LSU’s campus. Shelvin battled with weight and academic issues in his recruitment and early in his LSU career. He has to take an academic redshirt because the NCAA denied him full eligibility, per The Athletic. His weight rose as high as 390 pounds following that season, and he received a suspension in 2018 due to weight concerns. However, coach Ed Orgeron always believed in Shelvin’s potential and worked with his grandma, Silas Deborah, to keep him focused on his weight and football.

Shelvin is one of the easiest prospects to peg in the entire draft class. Stick him over opposing centers and he'll eat double teams on first and second down like they're fast food. Shelvin has special power and flexibility for a man his size. Unfortunately, he wasn't moving the line of scrimmage much the other way, either, so don't expect him to impact the passing game. His weight will be an issue to watch, as he's reportedly gotten all the way up to 390 pounds and was listed at 362 before he opted out this year.

Since Texans are moving to a 4-3 doesn't make a lot of sense to draft a 3-4 NT.

Any chance Bobby Brown is there at 5 (147)? One board says yes. Another says maybe. Also, maybe, Jay Tufele or Alim McNeil.

Brown, playing against SEC talent, had 5 1/2 sacks. At 6'-4"/321 he's more what I'm looking for at DT.

One board has him rated as 7th best DT. The other, 13th. Go figure.

Love me some Bobby Brown III.

Underachiever until last yr. His mother got sick and he really focused in the last part of the yr.

Ultra talented, not many 320 lb men move the way he does. Could be a steal. Would take the risk and move up into the late 3rd for him.

Love me some Bobby Brown III.

Underachiever until last yr. His mother got sick and he really focused in the last part of the yr.

Ultra talented, not many 320 lb men move the way he does. Could be a steal. Would take the risk and move up into the late 3rd for him.
Looking over team needs, one team had DL rated as the 2nd highest priority and one team rated DL the 3rd highest priority. It appears DT's will begin going off the boards in the 4th and 5th rounds. I think we could sit tight and let the draft come to us at 5 (147). If there is a heavy run early in the 4th, we could move up into the bottom half of 4.

3(67)......CB Ifeatu Melifonwu
4(109)....WR Tamorrion Terry
5(147)....DT Bobby Brown III
5(158)....SAM LB Charles Snowden

At his size, Snowden can set the edge against the run but has the athleticism and speed to cover TE's. He's recovering from ankle surgery, but he has the talent to be taken in the first round or he could fall to us at 158. PFF has him slotted at 181 and my other board has him at 168.

Last edited:
Looking over team needs, one team had DL rated as the 2nd highest priority and one team rated DL the 3rd highest priority. It appears DT's will begin going off the boards in the 4th and 5th rounds. I think we could sit tight and let the draft come to us at 5 (147). If there is a heavy run early in the 4th, we could move up into the bottom half of 4.

3(67)......CB Ifeatu Melifonwu
4(109)....WR Tamorrion Terry
5(147)....DT Bobby Brown III
5(158)....SS LB Charles Snowden

At his size, Snowden can set the edge against the run but has the athleticism and speed to cover TE's. He's recovering from ankle surgery, but he has the talent to be taken in the first round or he could fall to us at 158. PFF has him slotted at 181 and my other board has him at 168.

Like it,

I dont think Melifonu falls that far. Who do you take if he's not there.

Give me depending on Who's there

3rd Ellerson Smith
3rd Bobby Brown III after trading up into the 3rd using a 4th and a 6th.
4th Gowan after trading a 5th/6th/7th
5th Hope Terry falls but if he doesn't I give up my last 6th to get him in the 4th.

Unless there is a settlement prior to the season, Watson will end up on the exempt list. No trades if this happens.
If a team such as Philadelphia or Miami thinks Watson could be their future for 10 years and they are willing to go with Hurts/ Tua 2021 then paying Watson $10.5 m on exempt list is not necessarily out of question IMO.

Last edited:
Did the simulator and got RB- Javonte Williams, NC at 67.....then C- Quinn Meinerz, UWW in RD4. Not totally out of realm of possibilities based on the players I watched going off the board ahead of both players.
I take both of those picks but do not see Jevonta at 67 nor Cesario taking a running back with those he has on roster now.

Like it,

I dont think Melifonu falls that far. Who do you take if he's not there.

Give me depending on Who's there

3rd Ellerson Smith
3rd Bobby Brown III after trading up into the 3rd using a 4th and a 6th.
4th Gowan after trading a 5th/6th/7th
5th Hope Terry falls but if he doesn't I give up my last 6th to get him in the 4th.
I don't have an alternate. On one board I have Melifonwu as the 10th best CB and on another 11th. PFF has him as the 9th CB slotted at 70 on their Big Board. Looking at team needs, I have 6 teams with CB as first priority and 5 teams as second priority. I'd look into trading up into the bottom of the 2nd if I thought it necessary.
(edit) If Melifo wu isn't there, this would likely mean one of the other DB's would. Also I would consider maybe one of the highly ranked DT's which would mean changing 5(147)? I'm not a really involved Draftnik to go into deep detail. I don't do mocks.

Last edited:
Folks who degrade PFF NFL Draft Guide immediately tells me they do not subscribe to the guide and know little if anything about PFF. As a subscriber I can tell you the PFF Draft Guide is put together by folks who are much smarter than the Bruglers, Kipers, McShays, Brooks, Jeremiahs, Zierleins of the draft world. PFF has some real mathematical wiz kids doing analytical and an army full The PFF agents grinding and grading videos. They provide more draft info than any other organization. No one else is better prepared and that includes many NFL draft rooms. I fell confident that all 32 NFL teams subscribes to PFFs draft guide. If you are not, then you are missing out.

COLLEGE

Just curious, how do PFF guys rank with their final mock drafts? Many draftniks usually get the top 15 or so correct with a miss here or there. It is after that that it gets interesting.

We're on same page. You were pointing out many of PFF 4th RDers were getting drafted in the 3rd RD. I was pointing out Turner was a PFF 2nd RDer that went in 3rd RD. Based on how your draft is going there should be some PFF 2nd and 3rd RDers on the board for the 4th RD.

#109 -
Bobby Brown DL, Texas A&M
Jay Tufele DL , USC
Marlon Tuipuloto DL, USC

If you preach PFF that’s your choice, as was the big hype of Blake Bortles. Tells me all I need to know about both.

I don't have an alternate. On one board I have Melifonwu as the 10th best CB and on another 11th. PFF has him as the 9th CB slotted at 70 on their Big Board. Looking at team needs, I have 6 teams with CB as first priority and 5 teams as second priority. I'd look into trading up into the bottom of the 2nd if I thought it necessary.
(edit) If Melifo wu isn't there, this would likely mean one of the other DB's would. Also I would consider maybe one of the highly ranked DT's which would mean changing 5(147)? I'm not a really involved Draftnik to go into deep detail. I don't do mocks.

If Melifonu-is there, you pick him and thank your lucky stars.

If you preach PFF that’s your choice, as was the big hype of Blake Bortles. Tells me all I need to know about both.
You know every time I see your mention of Blake Bortles I know I won because you don't have anything else. You've been reduced to a discussion from 7 years ago in order to try and have some relevance. And it is kind of juvenile. Looking back the Texans would've been so much better off had they drafted Bortles:

In 2015 they wouldn't of had to go thru the Hoyer and Mallett carousel of QBs while Bortles had more TD passes than all combined.

In 2016 you wouldn't of had to go through that awful Osweiler fiasco, saved tons of money and draft picks too while BB had 35 TDs.

In 2017 Bortles may have been able to get the Texans to the AFC Championship game like he did the Jags. A place the Texans have never been. It would've also stopped you from drafting a perverted sexual deviate as the face of the franchise.

Not to mention that Bortles 103 TDs were much more productive than Clowney's 32 sacks.

If you and the Texans had listened to me 7 years ago, you know I could have saved you 6 years of heart ache with Bill O'Brien. I said O'Brien was a very bad idea and yet you were such a cheerleader. I said at the time OB would fail like the 8 Belichick assistants who went before him. Who knew my clairvoyance would've seen that Blake Bortles would've been so much better option and that my advice would've prevented the Bill O'Brien dumpster fire.

I think I will favorite this post and every time you want to have a 7 year old Bortles discussion I can copy and paste this for you again. Carry on. :)

Offensive Centers are generally given lower priority in the draft, except for the outstanding prospects, of course.

This year, there may be only two teams with a high priority at OC. But they also have high priorities at other positions such as WR and CB. There is also a small handful of teams, maybe 4, which have secondary or tertiary priorities at the position.

What this means for the Texans is that there is a reasonable probability that Quinn Meinerz could be there for us at 3(67). This will likely be determined how teams rank him compared to Humphrey and Dickerson and how injury concerns play into the evaluation.

I have CB Ifeatu Melifonwu penciled in at 67 and he would likely contribute very quickly, this year, and likely be starting within two years, if not this year.

I really like Meinerz, but I don't think he'll contribute this year. Britt will be our OC this year and should be a significant improvement, if he is recovered from his 2019 knee injury. He did not play in 2020, and his contract is only for one year.

CloakNNNdagger, addressing Britt's knee, is uncharacteristically positive, writing "...his chances of returning to play is very good...and his chances of returning to his pre-injury peak performance, can be just as good...".

If both players are there for us at 3(67) this will present an interesting decision for Caserio. I think he goes CB and I think I agree.

Reactions: JB
A player can't be traded while on the exempt list. Until this drama is over, forget trading Watson. It's not happening.
I should have clarified that I meant trade him before a decision by the NFL. A trade at any point up until NFL decision would end up with the receiving team suffering the exemption if NFL decides to use it.

Back