Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Patriots Accuse Texans of Tampering

I did and frankly there is still no point to you posting this. It has ZERO to do with the tampering charge or even football in general. Add to that the how you want to highlight the part about Jewish values, which was mostly just a throw away comment and its a really bad look.

The $1 million award, widely known as the “Jewish Nobel” prize, is granted each year to a person recognized as an inspiration to the next generation of Jews through professional achievement and commitment to Jewish values.

You are acting like a guy having hookers and drugs in the NFL is something new or that it disqualifies someone from getting some kind of award. If that's the case the HoF is about to lose a lot of players.
Yeah, cuz TT is world renowned for sticking to the thread topic...and worrying about something looking bad. :backsout::firehair:

IMHO, you appear to be much butt hurt over nothing much.

Yeah, cuz TT is world renowned for sticking to the thread topic...and worrying about something looking bad. :backsout::firehair:

IMHO, you appear to be much butt hurt over nothing much.

You're wrong, I couldn't care less. I'm not Jewish and even if I was I still wouldn't care. I was just trying to give a friendly advice to someone that it could be taken the wrong way. I still don't see what the point of posting it was but again ultimately I don't care. That's why I'm letting it drop.

One of those radio or journalist dudes on Twitter. It's in one of these threads.

But it was a first rounder just to get an interview

So it's true? TB74 stated it as if it were fact. Twitter is like facebook... someone said it so it must be true

The more days pass the more this becomes worse. Can we just hire someone else without having to attend this circus?

The more days pass the more this becomes worse. Can we just hire someone else without having to attend this circus?

Hire one of the rooney rule guys. They interviewed 2 so it didn't look like rooney interviews

Israel awards Patriots owner Robert Kraft the ‘Jewish Nobel’ prize
JERUSALEM (AP) — New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft has been awarded Israel’s 2019 Genesis Prize in recognition of his philanthropy and commitment to combatting anti-Semitism, organizers of the prize announced on Wednesday.

The $1 million award, widely known as the “Jewish Nobel” prize, is granted each year to a person recognized as an inspiration to the next generation of Jews through professional achievement and commitment to Jewish values.
https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2019/01/09/israel-robert-kraft-jewish-nobel-prize
So sometime after the presentation in his home that Easterby, Caserio, et. al., attended looks like Kraft took his "Jewish Values" to collect the "Jewish Nobel" prize
in Israel and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Bobby obtained a quick BJ or maybe a series of BJs while in the promised land.

What the hell does this have to do with the tampering charge in any way shape or form? Dude stay on topic.

Perhaps he wants out of the shadow of BB

Exactly. I remember how I felt a few years ago before I landed my current position. I was pretty much running the department & staff but wasn't getting any credit for it...damn sure wasn't getting paid what I should've been. After 12+ years on the job & experience & an MBA, in my mind, they could no longer justify keeping me at that pay/title level. Something had to give & I was willing to leave if I had to despite the loyalty I felt.

Perhaps he wants out of the shadow of BB

Possibly, but to come here and work in a situation with OB and Cal? Might not be the best place to leave NE for especially coming off of a scandal with Rick Smith and Gaine back to back on the last two GM's, and the McNair family's recent bad press. Sounds like a complete nightmare if you ask me. That doesn't mean that money won't overlook all of that though.

Possibly, but to come here and work in a situation with OB and Cal? Might not be the best place to leave NE for especially coming off of a scandal with Rick Smith and Gaine back to back on the last two GM's, and the McNair family's recent bad press. Sounds like a complete nightmare if you ask me. That doesn't mean that money won't overlook all of that though.

Reports are that he's really tight with OB and Easterby... Cal is no worse than Kraft, and may be better in some eyes

I did and frankly there is still no point to you posting this. It has ZERO to do with the tampering charge or even football in general. Add to that the how you want to highlight the part about Jewish values, which was mostly just a throw away comment and its a really bad look.

You are acting like a guy having hookers and drugs in the NFL is something new or that it disqualifies someone from getting some kind of award. If that's the case the HoF is about to lose a lot of players.

Interestingly enough that reference he used ironically sort of serves as another example of what I pointed out earlier about the Boston Globe as a reference point in general. Their bigotry is endless. Might as well use Farrakhan as a source for such things. You're right about the obvious wording in that. Lol!

Reports are that he's really tight with OB and Easterby... Cal is no worse than Kraft, and may be better in some eyes

Cal and Kraft in the same sentence? I'll act like that didn't happen. One organization has been a total disaster fire for the majority of it, and the other has become the best in NFL history and possibly all sports history.

Ehh, He was willing to leave NE for Miami of all places & to be truthful, I cant think of a better situation. The heavy lifting is pretty much over. You have your qb. You have a pretty good WR core with solid prospects @ TE. Your defense is also pretty solid. The guys you'll be working with you're very familiar with & are reportedly good friends with. You've also got a new owner looking to make his mark whose been after you for at least 1.5 years...................& in addition to this, you've got a boatload of cap space to work with.

He'd be basically bulletproof considering that he'd only be answering to Cal & he'd be BoB's 3rd GM....meaning he likely wouldn't be tied to him either if it came down to a power grab.

You get all this & you get a raise & more prestige as a GM to do it....which is something he's likely already been doing a bit of for quite some time anyway.

They wanted this guy last year but were blocked from interviewing. I dont know why they didn't just wait until after the season if they really wanted this guy.

Being that they didn't wait, I dont think it is as done deal as some would like to represent.

Agreed. To me it looks like the Patriots are the ones who are desperate. We've got some good candidates. I don't think they can prove tampering.

I hope that they walk away from Caserio. Hate the look that it has given the team. Go blaze your own trail and stop looking for people to save you.

Ehh, He was willing to leave NE for Miami of all places & to be truthful, I cant think of a better situation. The heavy lifting is pretty much over. You have your qb. You have a pretty good WR core with solid prospects @ TE. Your defense is also pretty solid. The guys you'll be working with you're very familiar with & are reportedly good friends with. You've also got a new owner looking to make his mark whose been after you for at least 1.5 years...................& in addition to this, you've got a boatload of cap space to work with.

Valid points.

He'd be basically bulletproof considering that he'd only be answering to Cal & he'd be BoB's 3rd GM....meaning he likely wouldn't be tied to him either if it came down to a power grab.

You get all this & you get a raise & more prestige as a GM to do it....which is something he's likely already been doing a bit of for quite some time anyway.

Yeah, but historically the Texans have been a "slam your pinky toe" I'm the corner of the couch type of organization. They generally make a lot of poor decisions historically and the McNair name has gotten tarnished some. You can't discount the last two GM's having scandals and we haven't even seen how bad this Gaine one might get once the media potentially tries to blow it up since it involves race apparently. They probably will. I think its a lot to consider for him.

I'm okay either way. As a Texans fan I think he is a solid choice other than his relationship with OB that could be problematic in keeping him a lot longer possibly. Other than that, he's a very solid choice. As a Pats fan I'd hate to lose him, but if he goes somewhere I guess I'd rather it be the Texans.

Last edited:
From Inside Minicamp Live: The #Texans are digging in for their pursuit of GM candidate Nick Caserio following the filing of tampering charges. And it may be a while. pic.twitter.com/OH6On3dlAL

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) June 13, 2019

This guy on facebook said Texans and Pats are discussing draft compensation now for Caserio so

It’s just a matter of time now.

— Texans Storm Report (@ThePatrickStorm) June 13, 2019

From Inside Minicamp Live: The #Texans are digging in for their pursuit of GM candidate Nick Caserio following the filing of tampering charges. And it may be a while. pic.twitter.com/OH6On3dlAL

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) June 13, 2019

This guy on facebook said Texans and Pats are discussing draft compensation now for Caserio so

It’s just a matter of time now.

— Texans Storm Report (@ThePatrickStorm) June 13, 2019

IF this is true, and I'm saying IF, then the Texans are being played. Not that we should be surprised or anything at that.

According to two different reports I've now heard (ESPN being one of them), the idea of Easterly needing to approach Cesario for discussions about potential employment in Houston in Pats owner Robert Kraft's personal residience is really silly because the two men already share the same business agent.

Valid points.

Yeah, but historically the Texans have been a "slam your pinky toe" I'm the corner of the couch type of organization. They generally make a lot of poor decisions historically and the McNair name has gotten tarnished some. You can't discount the last two GM's having scandals and we haven't even seen how bad this Gaine one might get once the media potentially tries to blow it up since it involves race apparently. They probably will. I think its a lot to consider for him.

I'm okay either way. As a Texans fan I think he is a solid choice other than his relationship with OB that could be problematic in keeping him a lot longer possibly. Other than that, he's a very solid choice. As a Pats fan I'd had to lose him, but if he goes somewhere I guess I'd rather it be the Texans.

Lol, there's no scandal here bro. But if it were, compared to the Pats organization, this is "lightweight" & should be :zzz: for him.

The Texans out there looking thirsty AF ... leave it alone already .. not all of the great football people come from NE .. make your own mark .. stop riding coat tails. This is embarassing and makes everyone that is associated with HOU look incompetent.

Yep. I agree completely. It looks bush league, and honestly has the overall feel of an amateur that is in way over his head.

It appears to me that Lil' Enis knows about as much as his father did about building a competitive team. (They are great at building a profitable entertainment company, but that means squat on the field of play.)

The learning curve is going to be excruciating for long-time Houston pro football fans.

With regards to this current update, Belichick has never really had a problem letting his subordinates go. They are replaceable like his players. He sees an opportunity to get something of value from it. Smart. 3-D chess moves three steps ahead.

Meanwhile, the Texans continue to play Chutes & Ladders.

Cal and Kraft in the same sentence? I'll act like that didn't happen. One organization has been a total disaster fire for the majority of it, and the other has become the best in NFL history and possibly all sports history.

I was discussing Caserio's relationship with OB and Easterby, not franchises

According to two different reports I've now heard (ESPN being one of them), the idea of Easterly needing to approach Cesario for discussions about potential employment in Houston in Pats owner Robert Kraft's personal residience is really silly because the two men already share the same business agent.

So, you see, what's really happening here is Cesario and Easterly really are conspiring together. They want to send OB back to Boston and we should thank the Conspiracy God for their enlightenment.

The Patriots could, in theory, push their tampering case against the Texans with a level of zeal aimed at blowing up Houston’s pursuit of Nick Caserio, forcing the Texans to look elsewhere for Brian Gaine’s replacement. The Patriots could instead use the league’s procedures to force the Texans to pay a stiff penalty for violating the tampering rules, if that can be proven.

Or the Patriots and Texans could simply strike a deal.

One source with knowledge of the dynamics and personalities involved in this fight believes that, ultimately, a deal will be struck for compensation, with the Texans giving the Patriots a draft pick or two or something else and with Caserio becoming the new G.M. of the Texans. The reason is simple: If Caserio wants to go and is force to stay, things could get awkward for the Patriots.

And if Caserio wants to go, it means that his relationship with coach Bill Belichick essentially has been broken, and that Caserio prefers not to try to fix it. If, in the end, the G.M. job is closer to G.M. Light than true G.M. status, he’s really not leaving for something more but instead for something else. And that something else will be a football operation that has a long way to go to be as successful as the Patriots have been.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ots-and-texans-strike-a-deal-on-compensation/

Reactions: Max
Yep. I agree completely. It looks bush league, and honestly has the overall feel of an amateur that is in way over his head.

It appears to me that Lil' Enis knows about as much as his father did about building a competitive team. (They are great at building a profitable entertainment company, but that means squat on the field of play.)

The learning curve is going to be excruciating for long-time Houston pro football fans.

With regards to this current update, Belichick has never really had a problem letting his subordinates go. They are replaceable like his players. He sees an opportunity to get something of value from it. Smart. 3-D chess moves three steps ahead.

Meanwhile, the Texans continue to play Chutes & Ladders.

Eh, BoB, McDaniels, Crennel, Weiss, Pioli... those other subordinates were in line for getting promotions as HC & he had no choice, he had to let them go. This is a slightly different scenario..where there's some question as to whether it would be a promotion for Cesario or not.

Honestly don't see why some of you guys are losing your **** behind us going after an NE assistant. The only actual former coaches outside of Bob that came straight from NE were Godsey & now Easterby. Crennel had 2 other HC gigs before he came here & BoB had 1 college gig. Welker & Vrabel also were 1-3 years removed from anything NE & never coached there. Their 1st coaching gigs were under BoB.

Its also not uncommon for guys to bring in guys they're familiar with both players & coaches...in all sports.

Eh, BoB, McDaniels, Crennel, Weiss, Pioli... those other subordinates were in line for getting promotions as HC & he had no choice, he had to let them go. This is a slightly different scenario..where there's some question as to whether it would be a promotion for Cesario or not.

Honestly don't see why some of you guys are losing your **** behind us going after an NE assistant. The only actual former coaches outside of Bob that came straight from NE were Godsey & now Easterby. Crennel had 2 other HC gigs before he came here & BoB had 1 college gig. Welker & Vrabel also were 1-3 years removed from anything NE & never coached there. Their 1st coaching gigs were under BoB.

Its also not uncommon for guys to bring in guys they're familiar with both players & coaches...in all sports.

I'm certainly not "losing my ****" over any of this stuff. That would imply that I have some kind of emotional investment, and at this point (and for a while now), it's only been entertainment. Mediocre entertainment, but I guess I'm a glutton for cheese sometimes.

As far as the "Patriots model", when and where has it ever worked? Seems to me that Belichick only gives his staff the information he needs them to know. For a GOAT head coach, his coaching tree is pathetic. There is a reason for it.

The Patriots have allowed Caserio to interview before now. It appears that he wasn't interested in the gigs, most likely because he did not want to be GM-lite.

And isn't that what he'd be here with O'Brien having final say of the roster? It's a lateral move, especially if the Texans FO are trying to mimic the Patriots set up.

I've got mad respect for the Patriots' football dynasty. They have accomplished what was predicted could never happen in this age of salary caps and free agency. That said, I have absolutely no confidence in the Texans front office to replicate it. The Patriots under Belichick are always ahead of the curve. The Texans, by comparison, are just a "monkey see, monkey do" organization from the very beginning.

I'm certainly not "losing my ****" over any of this stuff. That would imply that I have some kind of emotional investment, and at this point (and for a while now), it's only been entertainment. Mediocre entertainment, but I guess I'm a glutton for cheese sometimes.

As far as the "Patriots model", when and where has it ever worked? Seems to me that Belichick only gives his staff the information he needs them to know. For a GOAT head coach, his coaching tree is pathetic. There is a reason for it.

The Patriots have allowed Caserio to interview before now. It appears that he wasn't interested in the gigs, most likely because he did not want to be GM-lite.

And isn't that what he'd be here with O'Brien having final say of the roster? It's a lateral move, especially if the Texans FO are trying to mimic the Patriots set up.

I've got mad respect for the Patriots' football dynasty. They have accomplished what was predicted could never happen in this age of salary caps and free agency. That said, I have absolutely no confidence in the Texans front office to replicate it. The Patriots under Belichick are always ahead of the curve. The Texans, by comparison, are just a "monkey see, monkey do" organization from the very beginning.

The Pats just caught lighting in a bottle with Brady and Belichick...that’s it. BB tried the same model in Cleveland and it didn’t work out quite as well and there’s likely nothing special about his system than any of the other past dynasties. But it’s 1 that BoB and Everyone that he tries to bring here is familiar with. So why not try to emulate it?

He turned the job down in Miami reportedly b/c the owner wouldn’t let him fire Joe Philbin. Aside from that, it should tell u something that they’re now all of a sudden putting up a stink about letting the kid interview. they either recognize that he is a critical piece to how they operate now much like Scarnechia.....or they know he’s ready to go...or both.

I think it’s giving BB too much credit saying that this is all part of the plan and a “new” way to extort draft picks. All this is is a stall tactic to buy more time for them to either figure out what to do, wait out the Texans or buy them more time to hopefully talk Cesario out of being interested...like they did with McDaniels.

And It’s a copycat league bro...always has been & Blasting the Texans for doing the same thing everyone else does including the pats seems silly.

Yes the Pats have had a remarkable run over these years and it is unlikely to be duplicated b/c of the 2 pieces that are up still up there..having said that, even if we can only have a quarter of the success that they’ve had over the last 20 years by emulating their model, wouldn’t it be worth it? I think so....and I’m pretty sure u would agree as well.

And it would be in fact a promotion if he in fact were given final say over the roster. Even if it weren’t he’s still be paid more money to be GM lite here than he would there....unless the Pats cave.

Last edited:
Lol, there's no scandal here bro. But if it were, compared to the Pats organization, this is "lightweight" & should be :zzz: for him.

I am referring to Rick Smith and his that involved some woman and this alleged new incident where Gaine was targeting African Americans jobs or something like that. (Don't know hardly any details). Not sure if either was true or not either, but both of those were our last two GM's and this has happened in a span of like 3 yrs now. I mentioned it, because that would be Cesario's position. I can't think of a franchise that has had that happen before.

John McClain's chat: Will Nick Caserio be Texans' next GM? https://t.co/V6loVMQkpF

— John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) June 13, 2019

-Caserio wants to take this job; they’re trying to prevent him from interviewing
-Would have full control as Brian Gaine, Rick Smith & Charlie Casserly did
-Tight will Bill O’Brien; Tight with Jack Easterby
-Patriots trying to say Easterby tampered last week at ring ceremony
-Texans not giving up number one draft choice
-Could end any day with a settlement or could play out
-If it plays out on & don’t get Caserio, they’ll stick with what they have. (O’Brien personnel; Easterby football operations; Olsen cap/contracts; Jamey Roots administrative side)
-They’re pulling out all the stops to keep him from leaving
-Does NFL rule they have to let him interview? If so, he’s coming & Texans will get him as their new GM
-Would give up a 3rd round pick; Patriots will wait & hold out for a 1/2, Patriots will stall & hold out as long as they can
-Caserio is worth a draft pick, wouldn’t give up a 1st or 2nd
-If Caserio didn’t want to leave, he’d just say no. If Caserio didn’t want to interview, he’d just say no. He wants the job.
-Lots of teams have tried to get Caserio & failed. It’ll be a lot of fun to see how this plays out. If a guy wants to go, been here since 2001, I want to go there & be GM, do they really want to force him to stay?
-(What if they did tamper?) They can be fined, lose draft choices. KC tampered with Jeremy Maclin. Chiefs lost 3rd/5th round picks, Reid fined $75K, Dorsey $25K
-Two of his best friends(O’Brien/Easterby) has a lot to do with him wanting to go.
-(Why would NE settle for a 3rd if they tampered and why would Houston give up anything if they did nothing?) If they don’t want to wait to see, and I don’t think they’ll take a 3, I can see the Texans offering it to make it go away. Patriots will go to the end & tie them up. They should offer a 3.
-(How will it end?) He wants to leave & come to Houston. I don’t think they can block him based on the way the rules are written. The Texans can still be found guilty of tampering and be fined/lose a draft choice or two. I’ll say Caserio ends up here.
-(Timetable?) If they don’t get Caserio, won’t hire a GM until next year. Not necessary they hire someone else.
-(Discrimination suit?) Brian Gaine being fired had nothing to do with that.

Giving up a 3rd for NE scraps makes me sick to my stomach. Such a waste of a pick. Just sign someone else and keep that pick or stay as is. Caserio isnt the only smart football guy out there for Christ's sakes.

John McClain's chat: Will Nick Caserio be Texans' next GM? https://t.co/V6loVMQkpF

— John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) June 13, 2019

-Caserio wants to take this job; they’re trying to prevent him from interviewing
-Would have full control as Brian Gaine, Rick Smith & Charlie Casserly did
-Tight will Bill O’Brien; Tight with Jack Easterby
-Patriots trying to say Easterby tampered last week at ring ceremony
-Texans not giving up number one draft choice
-Could end any day with a settlement or could play out
-If it plays out on & don’t get Caserio, they’ll stick with what they have. (O’Brien personnel; Easterby football operations; Olsen cap/contracts; Jamey Roots administrative side)
-They’re pulling out all the stops to keep him from leaving
-Does NFL rule they have to let him interview? If so, he’s coming & Texans will get him as their new GM
-Would give up a 3rd round pick; Patriots will wait & hold out for a 1/2, Patriots will stall & hold out as long as they can
-Caserio is worth a draft pick, wouldn’t give up a 1st or 2nd
-If Caserio didn’t want to leave, he’d just say no. If Caserio didn’t want to interview, he’d just say no. He wants the job.
-Lots of teams have tried to get Caserio & failed. It’ll be a lot of fun to see how this plays out. If a guy wants to go, been here since 2001, I want to go there & be GM, do they really want to force him to stay?
-(What if they did tamper?) They can be fined, lose draft choices. KC tampered with Jeremy Maclin. Chiefs lost 3rd/5th round picks, Reid fined $75K, Dorsey $25K
-Two of his best friends(O’Brien/Easterby) has a lot to do with him wanting to go.
-(Why would NE settle for a 3rd if they tampered and why would Houston give up anything if they did nothing?) If they don’t want to wait to see, and I don’t think they’ll take a 3, I can see the Texans offering it to make it go away. Patriots will go to the end & tie them up. They should offer a 3.
-(How will it end?) He wants to leave & come to Houston. I don’t think they can block him based on the way the rules are written. The Texans can still be found guilty of tampering and be fined/lose a draft choice or two. I’ll say Caserio ends up here.
-(Timetable?) If they don’t get Caserio, won’t hire a GM until next year. Not necessary they hire someone else.
-(Discrimination suit?) Brian Gaine being fired had nothing to do with that.

The craziest thing about this is it is being reported that someone is best friends with O’Brein.

Back