Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

***Official Predictions/Eat Crow thread***

May I have a beer with my crow and give me a slice of Humble Pie! Today our Houston Texans were beaten by a Superior Philadelphia Eagle team. I hope we do not have to wait 4 years to play again!
:logo: :homer: and still Proud of it!

gg no re said:
No one predicted JP Losman would suck.

We do know that Donovan McNabb does not suck.

D-mac ticked me off today. He had guys open and then he pitter-pats his feet and then throws a dead ball. Ugh! First week rust... hopefully it shakes off for next week.... gonna beat those Gnats.

I'm sure its not much consolation to any Texans fans, but I'm glad the Eagles played them in week one rather than later in the season.

I'm here to eat my crow.

McNabb is awesome, of course, and Stallworth looks like a great addition. The combination is terrific.

I hope your team really is as good as they looked in Week One.

Congratulations and good luck!

Texan Asylum said:
Being a realist...I'm with Kaiser and corrosion on this...

Halftime...Hou-10 Phi-7

Final...Hou-17 Phi-14

The only other option I see is a one sided victory either way...
Didn't bank on Stallworth...

Here's to next week and the Colts...

I actually have more confidence in a Texans win at Indy than I did with the Eagles, go figure...

Good game Eagles, you deserved the win.

EaglesFanPhila said:
I was praying that we came back and won the battle. Your team look excellent on your first drive. I thought we would see that the whole game. The Eagles D made the changes to not get burned on the passes.

In saying this. I have no smore smack talk here and enjoyed being here for the week. You have a world class team, and please support your team to make a well deserved playoff run. I absolutely think your team will be there.

Thanks guys!!

As was I. Carr looked amazing on that first drive. And that pass to Moulds caught everyone offguard. Im not sure if Lewis was supposed to cover him or not.

We looked terrible, and you looked great. Had me scared to death early after our 3 and out :p

I know it's late, but I'm here for my serving of crow as well. Just finished watching the game since I was out of town for a couple of days. I guess I put my foot in my mouth with the comments I made about the Eagles. You guys still have a powerhouse team. I spoke without thinking, so I'm here to take my medecine.
Best of luck the rest of the way, especially against the Cowboys.

Now that my temporary ban has been lifted, I am here as I said I would be.

The better team won on Sunday. It seems that the emotional lift in the first quarter wore out for the Texans and the superior talent and greater chemistry of the Eagles prevailed.

Good luck from here on out Texans. You will only get better as the season progresses.

Good game and the crows not too bad either - :D

We looked good on the first drive and green the rest of the way. It was a tougher game than I had hoped for and our running game and defense forgot to show up making it a long day on both sides of the ball.

Hope to see you guys around again in the future when our team is clicking together a bit better for a better game.

Jerome_Brown_99 said:
Now that my temporary ban has been lifted, I am here as I said I would be.
That's news to me. When were you banned?

*edit - I see now. Welcome back!

Vinny said:
That's news to me. When were you banned?

The day before the game untill this morning.

I guess my smack talk was a bit too much for one of the mods. :crying:

In any case,your Texans came out firing. Good for them. Get Carr some protection, give your rooks a season to mature, and I expect to see you guys in the bowl 2-3 years from now.

Jerome_Brown_99 said:
The day before the game untill this morning.

I guess my smack talk was a bit too much for one of the mods. :crying:

In any case,your Texans came out firing. Good for them. Get Carr some protection, give your rooks a season to mature, and I expect to see you guys in the bowl 2-3 years from now.

JB99 must admit your guys realy put it to us in the second half. good luck on your season think y'all can take your div. this year again. Wash. seems to have a Off. problem right now and dal. has a QB battle brewing. NY Manning still not his older brother(yet). Again good luck.

:hunter: Eating crows not bad ... it taste like chicken . I think after week one , my hope is the Eagles are Super Bowl contenders and the Eagles ran with them .

Back