Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

***Official Predictions/Eat Crow thread***

I've heard a lot of smack talk from you Houston fans, both here and over at the EMB. Most of it has been pointless drivel based on nothing but pure optimism or some reference to a Denver game from last year.

So here is your chance - make your predictions here, and if you are right, I'll come back and eat my words.

If I'm right however, I'll expect you all to come back and eat your crow.

For the record:

EAGLES WIN, 33 to 17

David Carr - zero sacks with 3 TD passes
Texans Defense - 1 turnover (preferably an interception)
Texans RB's - combined 150 yrds.
Kris Brown - zero misses.

Do this and I am happy win or lose. (I'd rather have a win though)

Man, as much as I'll be screaming my head off for the Texans and hoping with all my heart and soul that they win this one, I'm still skeptical that we can beat a veteran Eagles team when we're starting five rookies in a new system with a new staff. Our o-line is going to have it's hands full no matter how well they play, and my jury eagerly anticipates the evidence presented that we have a legit NFL QB.

That being said, my predictions:

Realist: Eagles 27 Texans 18

Koolaidist: Texans 24 Eagles 17

Eagles 24

Texans 13

However, if we see some improvement on both sides of the ball (solid protection and an effective pass rush), I will be thrilled!

Jerome_Brown_99 said:
I've heard a lot of smack talk from you Houston fans, both here and over at the EMB. Most of it has been pointless drivel based on nothing but pure optimism or some reference to a Denver game from last year.

So here is your chance - make your predictions here, and if you are right, I'll come back and eat my words.

If I'm right however, I'll expect you all to come back and eat your crow.

Well, I'll bet it is really going to hurt when your great team loses to our lousy one this weekend...better buckle up buttercup :hunter:

Starting 5 rookies in critical positions like left tackle, running back, and middle linebacker isn't good. Those guys will make mistakes but it's important for the rest of the team to play better. With that said we have an excellent rookie class whom we will be depending on heavily throughout the season. It's going to be a tough test and Eagles are a good team.

Eagles 17
Texans 10.

I hope wholeheartedly I'm wrong though.

Texans 20
Eagles 17

David Carr does not sack himself or have a turnover and commands a late drive to put Kris Brown in position for a chip shot for the game ending field goal.

If that happens this season will look a lot different than 6-10. All it takes is one spark when you have a support system and a coherent method of operation in place such as Kubiak's.

I think this will be a close , low scoring game , the winner probably will not surpass 17 points . :hides:

Double Barrel said:
Man, as much as I'll be screaming my head off for the Texans and hoping with all my heart and soul that they win this one, I'm still skeptical that we can beat a veteran Eagles team when we're starting five rookies in a new system with a new staff. Our o-line is going to have it's hands full no matter how well they play, and my jury eagerly anticipates the evidence presented that we have a legit NFL QB.

That being said, my predictions:

Realist: Eagles 27 Texans 18

Koolaidist: Texans 24 Eagles 17

Nice! :shades:

Eagles: 24
Texans: 17

I say Eagles 14 Texans 10

It goes down to the last 2 minutes of the game and is a good game. I think we have a chance to win but with so many rookies I don't know if we can withstand the eagles veteran leadership.

Texans 70
Eagles 03

Our second team takes over at the half.

ESPN declares it the year of the mighty Texans and spends the following week playing Texans highlights from the game and discussing their favorite Texans players and plays.

Reggie Bush writes "Wish I was a Texan" on his golden cleats with a Sharpie during a press conference.

Peyton Manning spends 24 hours a day watching Texans film for the next week because he is worried and trying to avoid those scary Mario is coming to get me nightmares that make him wake up in a cold sweat screaming audibles.

axman40 said:
Texans 24
Eagles 20

Over the past 5 years I see the Eagles opening day record is 1-4.
I think Kubes can exploit your defense see last years Denver game where the score was 49-21, now Texans are not as talented as the Broncos YET!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5IXVYdmki0
:logo: :homer: and PROUD of it!

During the vid 1:46, the Texans score was posted and, so ironic, we won against the browns 19-16. That is obviously a divine sign from a higher being.

19-Texans
16-Eagles

:fans: :homer: We grow stronger everyday.

Being a realist...I'm with Kaiser and corrosion on this...

Halftime...Hou-10 Phi-7

Final...Hou-17 Phi-14

The only other option I see is a one sided victory either way...

Texans will start off better than in the past and have the potential of becoming a high scoring offense.

I'm gonna go with:

Eagles - 24
Texans - 27

Eagles - 20
Texans - 10

Carr turns the ball over 2 or more times and is sacked 3 or more times. Kubiak starts to have second thoughts about whether or not he can fix this 'Carr'. The defense begins to look like a squad with heart with DeMeco, Smith, and Peek leading the way. Basically our inability to go downfield and convert 3rd down dooms the team to another opening game loss.....

Oh but let me make the lead pipe lock prediction...I predict that the homers on the board come back with a littany of excuses for Carr and his inability to play the QB position.....but I have to admit it didnt take much Nostradamus-like skills to predict that....

OT P.S. OMFG those Rascall Flats dudes are horrible. Was KC and the Sunshine band booked already? Does anyone over 14 actually listen to that type of garbage? It sounded like the group Hanson after puberty...well its just par for the course for pregame and halftime performances....at least Jessica and Britney have other 'assets'

doug ftw

:logo: 23-17 Texans.

battleredkoolaid.jpg

Texans 16
Eagles 10

I think this will be a game will be decided with penalties. We will jave more penalites, but I think there will be a game changing penality that will lead to a Texan TD. The only TD of the game. Kris will hit 4 out of 5. Donavan will rally back with a late game TD but on his second rally, his new WR makes a critical drop that could have won the game.

Second Honeymoon said:
Eagles - 20
Texans - 10

Carr turns the ball over 2 or more times and is sacked 3 or more times. Kubiak starts to have second thoughts about whether or not he can fix this 'Carr'. The defense begins to look like a squad with heart with DeMeco, Smith, and Peek leading the way. Basically our inability to go downfield and convert 3rd down dooms the team to another opening game loss.....

Oh but let me make the lead pipe lock prediction...I predict that the homers on the board come back with a littany of excuses for Carr and his inability to play the QB position.....but I have to admit it didnt take much Nostradamus-like skills to predict that....

OT P.S. OMFG those Rascall Flats dudes are horrible. Was KC and the Sunshine band booked already? Does anyone over 14 actually listen to that type of garbage? It sounded like the group Hanson after puberty...well its just par for the course for pregame and halftime performances....at least Jessica and Britney have other 'assets'

doug ftw

Doug, your lack of faith is disturbing.
21-20 Texans, that's my :homer: prediction.

southtexan said:
Doug, your lack of faith is disturbing.
21-20 Texans, that's my :homer: prediction.

super kudos for the Vader reference and I think 21-20 is a shrewd prediction rather than a :homer: prediction :) I hope your right and we can start off the Kubiak era with a big win.

doug

Second Honeymoon said:
super kudos for the Vader reference and I think 21-20 is a shrewd prediction rather than a :homer: prediction :) I hope your right and we can start off the Kubiak era with a big win.

doug
You're right about the homer prediction, I will never cheer for another team. I really don't have a choice.

Second Honeymoon said:

doug
I guess that you're referring to the guy in star wars, to this day I've never watched any science fiction movie, drama is more up me alley.

wow and that is one of Vaders famous line

guess If I have to eat crow, I will crow this

You don't know the power of the Texans side

20-17 Texans

it will be bittersweet. I wish I could put a block on the TV though

N.o. plays powerhouse Cleveland... here is to that defense:challenge

southtexan said:
Football season is here, time to get excited, can't wait till Sunday.

QFT = Quoted For Truth

Yeah, I am definitely not Mr.Positive around here lately, but I need a big win to get the 2-14 taste out of my mouth. The preseason has shown signs from everyone on the team except Carr, that is the chief reason for my negativity. Personally, I think the guy regressed in the offseason. Especially his release, it has gotten really bad. It's a football not a freakin javelin Carr.

keeping it positive,
Doug

Second Honeymoon said:
QFT = Quoted For Truth

Yeah, I am definitely not Mr.Positive around here lately, but I need a big win to get the 2-14 taste out of my mouth. The preseason has shown signs from everyone on the team except Carr, that is the chief reason for my negativity. Personally, I think the guy regressed in the offseason. Especially his release, it has gotten really bad. It's a football not a freakin javelin Carr.

keeping it positive,
Doug

So let me get this straight ...... you don't like Carr, think he's a failure as an NFL QB, and don't think he'll ever amount to anything ....

I wasn't sure after reading your last 50 posts ....

Wolf said:
it will be bittersweet. I wish I could put a block on the TV though

N.o. plays powerhouse Cleveland... here is to that defense:challenge

If Bush as a great game and Mario has an average game, I'll probably wont watch ESPN all of next week.

southtexan said:
If Bush as a great game and Mario has an average game, I'll probably wont watch ESPN all of next week.

honestly I dont' know if it would matter, Espn probably has it taped already and has the cliche's going for El Presidente

Heres to Mario getting a sack and Bush stays out of the endzone :yahoo:

Wolf said:
honestly I dont' know if it would matter, Espn probably has it taped already and has the cliche's going for El Presidente

Heres to Mario getting a sack and Bush stays out of the endzone :yahoo:
Shaun Salsaberry has a man crush on Bush.

Back