Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

***Official Predictions/Eat Crow thread***

pawpaw67 said:
get ready Houston fans for another losing season under head coach Mike Sherman. It's so sad that the NFL wasted an expansion on Houston. But go ahead and contribute to those losers by spending a couple hundred dollars apiece on Sunday walking for an hour to the RELIANT FIASCO just to get humiliated again.

Now THAT'S funny! Thanks for the humor on a rainy day. :francis:

pawpaw67 said:
get ready Houston fans for another losing season under head coach Mike Sherman. It's so sad that the NFL wasted an expansion on Houston. But go ahead and contribute to those losers by spending a couple hundred dollars apiece on Sunday walking for an hour to the RELIANT FIASCO just to get humiliated again.

The rest of your post got negated by the fact that you think Mike Sherman is our head coach. Doesn't matter anyway, you don't make much sense. I didn't know they were letting mental patients access to football messageboards these days. Oh well..Goodluck and have a nice weekend. :tease:

All I am saying is we have a chance, but you make it sound like it is already set in stone that you will win, but anything can happen. Yes are D is young, but all i can see is just 2 rookies starting for us Mario and Ryans, and ryans and mario have looked good so far. Plus you might say preseason is just preseason, but when our #1s where on the field with the othern teams #1s we looked pretty good. So don't over look us. I still see us winning 21-17, and this we probably be the last time i argue on this subject becuase this is getting old and fast.

TFL said:
All I am saying is we have a chance, but you make it sound like it is already set in stone that you will win, but anything can happen. Yes are D is young, but all i can see is just 2 rookies starting for us Mario and Ryans, and ryans and mario have looked good so far. Plus you might say preseason is just preseason, but when our #1s where on the field with the othern teams #1s we looked pretty good. So don't over look us. I still see us winning 21-17, and this we probably be the last time i argue on this subject becuase this is getting old and fast.

You want to talk about preseason?

Our 1st team offense scored on every possetion, except one. Our 1st team defense surrendered a TOTAL of 3 points.

Look, if the stars align, and Zeus shoots lightning bolts out of his arse to smite McNabb, and Jim Brown becomes 25 years old again and signs with the Texans, and Kubiac sells his soul to Satan himself, then the Texans might win.

Get ready to eat your heaping plate of crow around 4:30 tomorow. :wild: :wild:

Even though this thread has long since crossed the line into being ridiculous, I'll throw out my prediction. The Eagles will probably take an early lead 7-3 after the 1st quarter but won't score another TD, our defense is solid when they get their backs to the wall and the Eagles one dimensional offense won't be able to punch the ball in the endzone on the ground and will have to settle for a few FGs, meanwhile the Texans offense will settle in, put up 120+ rushing yards on the day and Carr will do enough passing the ball to move the chains and put up some points. McNabb will have the better day statistically but our DLine will pressure him into one big mistake that will help turn the tide.

Texans win 17-16, anyone predicting much higher of a score in this game is either drastically overestimating one or both of the offenses or is completely unaware of the defenses that are going to be playing.

Nawzer said:
The rest of your post got negated by the fact that you think Mike Sherman is our head coach. Doesn't matter anyway, you don't make much sense. I didn't know they were letting mental patients access to football messageboards these days. Oh well..Goodluck and have a nice weekend. :tease:

put down your crayon and have someone read this to you. Kubes thinks he is ready for the big show as boss. He hires a former boss ( Sherman ) to assist him. Kubes allows Sherman to bring his flabby baggage (Flannagan) with him, and also allows him to pick his final roster. Now if and when Kubes has any success with this team of misfits, all credit will go to Sherman. However if things go amuck, as they are sure to do, then Kubes will get all the credit or notoriety if you will. Can you say no-to-ri-ety ? But y'all goodoboys go drank them beers and burn them briskets and fool yourself into thinking that these TEXANS can win. I would also like to thank coach McNair for all those wonderful, dry chicken strips at the preseason post game receptions. By the way all you football gurus out there answer me this.. could you not see Hodgdon blow the calls in preseason? We have no depth. Do you know what depth is? Well its not the thickness of that stuff down there in your barnyard. The Not For Long is a business, don't tease yourself with "loyalty" just go spend all your hard earned money on Sunday afternoon, you've got all week to cry in your longneck!

pawpaw67 said:
put down your crayon and have someone read this to you. Kubes thinks he is ready for the big show as boss. He hires a former boss ( Sherman ) to assist him. Kubes allows Sherman to bring his flabby baggage (Flannagan) with him, and also allows him to pick his final roster. Now if and when Kubes has any success with this team of misfits, all credit will go to Sherman. However if things go amuck, as they are sure to do, then Kubes will get all the credit or notoriety if you will. Can you say no-to-ri-ety ? But y'all goodoboys go drank them beers and burn them briskets and fool yourself into thinking that these TEXANS can win. I would also like to thank coach McNair for all those wonderful, dry chicken strips at the preseason post game receptions. By the way all you football gurus out there answer me this.. could you not see Hodgdon blow the calls in preseason? We have no depth. Do you know what depth is? Well its not the thickness of that stuff down there in your barnyard. The Not For Long is a business, don't tease yourself with "loyalty" just go spend all your hard earned money on Sunday afternoon, you've got all week to cry in your longneck!

Youze guys are going down . Youze will be crying over cheese steaks and rot gut vino while the Campbells kid shows why youze guys booed when they drafted him and not Ricky Williams . Go watch Rocky reruns ... he put youze guys on the map .

Honoring Earl 34 said:
Youze guys are going down . Youze will be crying over cheese steaks and rot gut vino while the Campbells kid shows why youze guys booed when they drafted him and not Ricky Williams . Go watch Rocky reruns ... he put youze guys on the map .

Badda-Bing Badda-Boom!

pawpaw67 said:
Can you say no-to-ri-ety ? But y'all goodoboys go drank them beers and burn them briskets and fool yourself into thinking that these TEXANS can win.

And you goombahs keeping on rockin' your satin jogging suits and your gold chains and spiral-perm mullets. Long live the IROC!

P.S. let me know when you move out of your mother's basement.

Erratic Assassin said:
And you goombahs keeping on rockin' your satin jogging suits and your gold chains and spiral-perm mullets. Long live the IROC!

:rofl: GB fan torn up about loosing Flanigan and MS

Erratic Assassin said:

Got no basements here south of Houston

BattleRedToro said:
Yeah sure you are. They were both so terrible. Winning all of those games together, including the Super Bowl as an Offeensive Coordinator for Mike Sherman, and making Pro Bowls. That must have been a tragedy to have to watch that.

very true and his beloved Brett Favre was petitioning to keep Sherman..

Well I am here to eat my crow Stallworth was in sync with Mcnabb, and they tore us up along with Westbrook Good Job Eagles and good luck for the rest of the season. Our Pass D needs to get better, but or D will get better with Time. Running Game needs to get alot better, but David Carr did not look bad he actually looked pretty good. Well anyways good job eagles and good luck for the rest of the season.

The Pencil Neck said:
Good game. Where's the link to the Eagles board where I need to go eat some crow?

Meh, seriously though it was a good game. Texans are looking somewhat like a real team, work in progress, but I'll admit I was a little worried in the beginning. Good luck the rest of the way to you guys.

No O-line (both running and passing) for the Texans! Eagles dominate! Although we didn't win by as much as I thought...I think I said 35-9...

Where was your "Super Mario"? Where was this Peek fellow you all were speaking of? The only sack on McNabb was the one where he slid! HaHa! Good luck with the Colts next week...seriously.

The Texans do look somewhat improved though and will get better throughout the season. Good luck the rest of the way.

How come the Eagle fans who know me on here didn't help me out at least a little when I was on your MB, I never said anything about the Eagles, and yet you (Who I thought were my friends) snuffed me! ... jk :bananasplit: Good game.

Good game, Eagles - you guys looked good.

I was disappointed in our performance. We came out looking good and just couldn't keep it together. Carr may not have stunk as bad as last year, but he didn't come through in key moments. We have a lot of work to do.

E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:
No O-line (both running and passing) for the Texans! Eagles dominate! Although we didn't win by as much as I thought...I think I said 35-9...

Where was your "Super Mario"? Where was this Peek fellow you all were speaking of? The only sack on McNabb was the one where he slid! HaHa! Good luck with the Colts next week...seriously.

The Texans do look somewhat improved though and will get better throughout the season. Good luck the rest of the way.

Man, Williams is GOOD! :yawn:

I mean, he had all of two tackles! LOL

:cowboy1: :cowboy1:

Your first score had your confidence high for about 7 minutes. However, my Eagles should have never allowed your team to score period. I want you suckas to feel this loss after all of the junk you talked for the last couple of weeks. My Eagles are serious, mean, and the best team in the NFC and you felt it today baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:superman:

Cmon now, we talked the talk, now its time to walk the walk. We played a good first half and should have been leading at the break, but after that the Eagles were certanly the better team. Good luck to ya the rest of the season, and give Peyton some bruises.

I said the Texans would win and they didn't. Ah well. It's all good. Kudos to the Eagles on the win.

-Peace

And I'll be lookin' forward to the Cowboys owning y'all this season. Have a good rest of the season.

EaglesFanPhila said:
Your first score had your confidence high for about 7 minutes. However, my Eagles should have never allowed your team to score period. I want you suckas to feel this loss after all of the junk you talked for the last couple of weeks. My Eagles are serious, mean, and the best team in the NFC and you felt it today baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rock on, man. Good luck with the rest of the season. Just beat the Cowgirls twice this year, and we'll call it even. :)

run-david-run said:
Cmon now, we talked the talk, now its time to walk the walk. We played a good first half and should have been leading at the break, but after that the Eagles were certanly the better team. Good luck to ya the rest of the season, and give Peyton some bruises.
Thanks. My smack talk stop here. Please ignore the thread I made after your post. I apologize.

HoustonFan said:
I said the Texans would win and they didn't. Ah well. It's all good. Kudos to the Eagles on the win.

-Peace

And I'll be lookin' forward to the Cowboys owning y'all this season. Have a good rest of the season.
Here's your crow with some bacon and potatos on the side!

HoustonFan said:

-Peace

T.O. Who? You keep looking! :brickwall

Good win Eagles, Your O-line kept us from Mcnabb, and our secondary could not match a flaming hot Mcnabb. Grats on the win, keep winning now! :)

EaglesFanPhila said:

You can start with being a gracious winner and by being a little more humble. And enjoy your victory with some damn class. If that isn't too much of a stretch for you.

Hardcore Texan said:
You can start with being a gracious winner and by being a little more humble. And enjoy your victory with some damn class. If that isn't too much of a stretch for you.
Look at my post above.

You guys obviously have a better team than us. However, I don't think you can criticize us for talking smack, even after coming off a 2-14 season. Fans are supposed to be optimistic. The Eagles played a great game. May they go on and lose to the Cowboys. And Giants. But you can beat the Redskins. :)

I predicted the Texans would win, the Eagles were the better team today. Stallworth looked great, McNabb and Westie looked great, and you absolutely beat us up in the trenches. Good game and good luck to the Eagles. Try and beat the cowpies for us please.

Hardcore Texan said:

A Philly fan gracious and humble?

The same fans that cheered when Michael Irvin got his career ending injury in their home stadium as he was carted off the field?

An Eagles fan with class?

Are you from Mars? :woot2

It was nothing surprising. The Eagles, IMO, are a legit Super Bowl contender and the Texans are learning a complex system under a rookie head coach. Kudos, though I'm sure my Giants will get revenge. :spy:

houstonhurricane said:
Eagles 24

Texans 13

However, if we see some improvement on both sides of the ball (solid protection and an effective pass rush), I will be thrilled!

Sadly, I was pretty close on the score but extremely disappointed as to our protection and pass rush...

TheCD said:
A Philly fan gracious and humble?

The same fans that cheered when Michael Irvin got his career ending injury in their home stadium as he was carted off the field?

An Eagles fan with class?

Are you from Mars? :woot2

Yeah because every one of us did that. Don't make ridiculous blanket statements please.

Dawkins said:
Yeah because every one of us did that. Don't make ridiculous blanket statements please.

Don't take it seriously buddy...I was just making a joke, didn't mean to offend.

I was praying that we came back and won the battle. Your team look excellent on your first drive. I thought we would see that the whole game. The Eagles D made the changes to not get burned on the passes.

In saying this. I have no smore smack talk here and enjoyed being here for the week. You have a world class team, and please support your team to make a well deserved playoff run. I absolutely think your team will be there.

Thanks guys!!

Back