Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Official Girls vs. Reggie Bush and those other guys thread

Sportscenter is hilarious.

Stuart Scott just said Bush was crazy.
Salsburry is talking about how great he is.
They also said he only had 4 carries tonight. I guess the 6 carries he had last week is considered a huge load.

21 total yards against the cowboys. 0 td's in two games.

They are talking about how much he does without touching the ball. Uh, have they noticed Williams being double teamed. Did they see Peek's sacks because of the oline watching Williams? Have they noticed the improvement on the Texans defense? Nope. Man I can't wait until the regular season. Keep it up Texans. Good luck against the broncos!!!!! :redtowel: :redtowel:

And he could...go...all ...the....way!!!! Bush with an amazing 9 yard scamper. They will be talking about this one for years to come.

A4toZ said:
Eh, 9-7 last year, Bledsoe was just behind Carr in last year's total sacks.... and I don't think they did anything to improve their O-line, did they?

Don't sweat it.

Before Flozelle got hurt, Bledsoe was one of the better protected QBs.

over the summer, they picked up Fabini, Rivera, and they got a guy they picked up but didn't play last year...... Columbo..... they let him get healthy on thier dime. Think they got him from Chicago.

A time to reflect.............The Saints had 2 good RBs........they have no QB, no OL, no DL no secondary and no STs..........but they drafted an RB at #2..........congratulations!

Did anyone else see sportscenter after the cowgirls game?? I wonder if we'll here from all of the mario doubters after a 4 rush attempts 7yds performance...an average of 1.8 yds/carry...2 receptions for 14yds...I wasnt very impressed with bush's performance tonight.

But you would have never guessed it with sportscenter highlights though...they made it seem like he took over the game and it was all bush...when in fact it was very little bush.

Oh well....what else can you expect from a network that is in love with USC and its alumni athletes.

Reggie wasn't good enough to watch the highlights twice in five minutes.......4 rushes, 7 yards; 2 catches, 14 yards. In Ben Stein's voice, "Wow."

:mario: :mario: :mario:

Oh good, ESPN just said that if you missed it, they will rerun those great Bush highlights again a little later...........quickly, call all your friends.

I think Stuart Scott's head would have exploded if Reggie Bush had been drafted by the Yankees or Red Sox.

Peldon said:
Oh and in case you missed the highlights "we'll show you some more later on in the show." :rolleyes:

Scott is so ridiculous...i had to laugh when i heard that...i love how they showed two plays out of the 9 he had....its really too bad they didnt show him getting no where in between the tackles and getting run out of bounds on the other....hilarious!

From wikipedia:

Stuart Scott was injured on April 3, 2002, at the New York Jets training camp while reporting for ESPN when a football hit him in the left eye, requiring him to undergo cornea surgery. [3]. This was the cause of his lazy eye.

sprtsfanatic said:
Scott is so ridiculous...i had to laugh when i heard that...i love how they showed two plays out of the 9 he had....its really too bad they didnt show him getting no where in between the tackles and getting run out of bounds on the other....hilarious!

I hope they reshow the play where he completely took the linebacker out of the play just by running toward him only to have a pass completed on the other side of the field.

yeah and i like our depth on the team, Plus Morency and Wali Lundy look good incase Davis cant go, So i think getting Mario Williams was the right choice. Plus bush cant go to the outside every play like he could in college !

swisher said:
From wikipedia:

Stuart Scott was injured on April 3, 2002, at the New York Jets training camp while reporting for ESPN when a football hit him in the left eye, requiring him to undergo cornea surgery. [3]. This was the cause of his lazy eye.

Dang, I thought that was a joke. Guess he pissed Pennington off about the coverage they were getting. :)

Peldon said:
I hope they reshow the play where he completely took the linebacker out of the play just by running toward him only to have a pass completed on the other side of the field.

Yeah, that was great. He was all over the linebackers all night. :ok:

Kaiser Toro said:
Now that we know Bledsoe's excuse for playing so well, what is DC's against defensive juggernauts KC and STL? Please answer in the form of the truth, not truthiness. :)

You are kidding right??

did you see how wide open those recievers were?? I'm not saying our guys don't work as hard as theirs, but more than likely we haven't played a defense as bad as NewOrleans.

There were a couple of good passes......... one of Bledsoe's early ones, where he threw it where only his taller reciever could get it.... they caught a lot of guys coming across the middle.

But Bill Parcells is a freakin Genius.... did you notice most of their big play catches were thrown behind the reciever..... the reciever has to turn around, and make a play on the ball..... usually the corner is leading him, so when the ball is underthrown on purpose like that, there is no way anyone can defend that when they are one on one. They must have been working on that in practice, because Bledsoe & Romo were doing it..

I hate Stuart Scott, I have nightmares where I hear, "as cool as the other side of the pillow", over and over. The guy is a tool.

Hookem Horns said:
Now Salisbury is piling on. This is a sick joke. OK, everything the Saints did right was because of Bush according to these idiots. Geez, why not say just the awe inspiring presence of Bush in the stadium led to Bledsoe's great game.

Well Newman did bite on that fake, and Joe Horn was wide open because of it. But that's what happens when you sell a play-action fake against an aggresive phisical corner like Tnewman.

Can we please not turn this into a DC thread, we have plenty of those, besides this ESPN Bush loving is just too funny, lets sit back and enjoy it.

ESPN will be like this most of the season, even if Bush has a crappy year, so get use to it. Hyping a 1.8 ypc outing is just the beginning. And don't expect Mario to get that kind of love, even if he starts sackin' fools by use of The Force.

I'm not impressed with Reggie Bush just yet. He had a nice run last week, but Pac-Man Jones shoulder-tackled him with ease and I have yet to see him put his head down and get after someone. He doesn't handle head-on contact very well, and the couple times i've seen him attempt to take a defender on he looked like an empty beer can.

I am sure he'll have his share of highlight reel plays this year but his numbers will probably be normal.

swisher said:
From wikipedia:

Way to keep your eye on the ball Stuart/:worm:

Someone needs to tell Stuart Scott that "filthy ridiculous" is not a cool thing to say.

This reminds me of when Michael Vick came back from his leg injury a couple years ago on SNF, and got jocked more than MJ and Tiger Woods. A cartoon surfaced a few days after it called "Mike Vick takes a dump" that was pretty funny. That guy needs to do another one this year for Reggie Bush.

Carr Bomb said:
Somebody Has To Tape These Highlights And Put Them On You Tube

I have them on DVR and I noticed my DVR has a USB outlet and records in MPEG. However, I haven't taken the time to figure out how to transfer those files to my PC. I assume I need some sort of USB to USB cable.

My favorite thing about all of this is.

ESPN expects Mario to come in and make a difference from day one or we made a mistake and he's a bust, but the MNF crew were saying at the end of the game, "Reggie gets a year pass".

Carr Bomb said:
Somebody Has To Tape These Highlights And Put Them On You Tube

Yeah. But don't title it "Reggie Bush Highlight" or anything like that.

Title it "Stuart Scott splodges all over Reggie Bush." Disclamer: Viewer Discretion Advised

Hookem Horns said:
I have them on DVR and I noticed my DVR has a USB outlet and records in MPEG. However, I haven't taken the time to figure out how to transfer those files to my PC. I assume I need some sort of USB to USB cable.

If you can do it, do it, that way I'll be able to watch it anytime I need a good laugh, especially if Bush falls on his face this season. It will be much appreciated.

I have to wonder if Stuart Scott had to hype Bush up after his lackluster performance though. Scott has been in sports a long time, and he should know a bad performance when he's seen one. ESPN in general is the one that's bashed the Texans for taking Williams. I think ESPN execs probably wouldn't like it much if Scott criticized Bush in Sportscenter's opening segment.

JackDizzle said:
ESPN will be like this most of the season, even if Bush has a crappy year, so get use to it. Hyping a 1.8 ypc outing is just the beginning. And don't expect Mario to get that kind of love, even if he starts sackin' fools by use of The Force.

I'm not impressed with Reggie Bush just yet. He had a nice run last week, but Pac-Man Jones shoulder-tackled him with ease and I have yet to see him put his head down and get after someone. He doesn't handle head-on contact very well, and the couple times i've seen him attempt to take a defender on he looked like an empty beer can.

I am sure he'll have his share of highlight reel plays this year but his numbers will probably be normal.

First, we need to be honest. We have a two guys who shared carries in both our preseason opener, one got 95 yards... we scored 24points the first night, 27points saturday...... bottom line, we didn't need ReggieBush.

But he was so close to breaking a big one on a couple of occasions tonight.... without a doubt, Reggie is going to make a lot of bad teams look really bad. And he is bound to break a big one against a good team.

if we are sitting around ready to make a bunch of noise everytime Reggie has a bad game(and being in a week NFC, there are more bad teams than not) what are we going to do when they come here, after Mario has a bad outing??

The fact is that Reggie can rush for 2000 yards, and add another 900 through the air...... as long as we are winning games, and scoring 27 points, how can anyone say we made a mistake??

Wow...... Rod Woodson just showed the play were Demarcus Ware yanked Bush off his feet with one hand, and gave Reggie his welcome to the NFL speech........

I'm impressed, haven't seen it on ESPN yet though.

Smash_Mouth_Mario said:
Speaking of Dallas. How do you think they feel about the "ESPN Bush Love" after the game they had? And how long do you think it will before the whole league gets sick of it?

ESPN is setting your team up...

You have a point. I'm sure the Cowboys were sick of it (hence the planting of him by Ware). Its only going to get worse. If he can backup the hype on the field it will eventually get better, but ESPN is really taking away from what other players are doing.

Wow Saint fan is really quiet tonight.

What happened to all the threads and posts pimping Bush, I mean that was definitely a 50 million dollar performance, considering the bang for our buck we're getting so far from our backs........(crickets)............

Am I the only one that sees Broussard is baiting people? Hes a troll... ignore him and he will go away.

BroussardSaint said:
Baiting people????? HOW????

It's understandable why you are here. It's been sooooo many years since the Saints have had a respectable team. So, you are surfing around on other teams forums to look for posters that "wanted" Reggie. It makes you feel good about your first team. I understand. But what you fail to realize is that not everybody wanted Reggie. And it is those fans that have deal with trolls and overly hyped press.

Back