Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

Official Girls vs. Reggie Bush and those other guys thread

Hookem Horns

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, on that first carry for Bush I was having USC vs. Texas Rose Bowl flashbacks. He lost yards dancing around in the backfield.
 

Hookem Horns

Administrator
Staff member
I am rooting for the Saints here but rooting against Reggie Bush (thanks to those classless Saints fans that just had to troll our boards).

I just think this guy is going to be another Eric Metcalf. He will have a highlight reel run here and there but when it is all said and done not a guy that will carry a team like everyone thinks.
 

Wolf

100% Texan
I think reggie will be good, but none of us are Nostradamos. I choose to wait and see failure than to say it now :heh:
 

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod
Bledsoe looks great. Why can't our QB show that type of poise and throw those type of passes? Rhetorical question no need to answer.
 

Hookem Horns

Administrator
Staff member
Sweet catch there. The Girls are going up and down the field on these guys. This game is making the Titans look even worse since they did little vs NO.
 

Hookem Horns

Administrator
Staff member
Kaiser Toro said:
Bledsoe looks great. Why can't our QB show that type of poise and throw those type of passes? Rhetorical question no need to answer.
Because Carr hasn't had a chance to develop yet, his line hasn't protected him, his coaching staff hasn't given him chance ... ...:blah:
 

jerek

Pro Hobbyist
Kaiser Toro said:
Bledsoe looks great. Why can't our QB show that type of poise and throw those type of passes? Rhetorical question no need to answer.
Because Bledsoe has an offensive line ... oh wait, so does Carr now. :homer: Bledsoe has T.O. to throw to ... oh wait, he's biking the tour de France right now ... um ... okay dude, I've got nothing for you.

Give Carr a little time?
 

nunusguy

Hall of Fame
Please somebody, let me know as soon as the Catskill stand-up comic brings
something to MNF in the way of football. Funny guy maybe, but no wonder Theisman gives his opinion such little cred. When it comes to NFL football, I dunno if TK has a clue ?
 
Through 2 pre-season games, 3 total points from opposing offenses. The 3-4 D is looking sharper than ever.

Offense is slicing through N.O like a hot knife through butter.. and this is without Terrell.
 

aj.

All Pro
I've been wanting to get this off my chest for a while and this may be the right time.

Adam Schefter and Suzy Kolber HAVE to be one of those separated birth cases.

Appearance and dialect (and interest in the NFL) are stunningly similar.
 

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod
aj. said:
I've been wanting to get this off my chest for a while and this may be the right time.

Adam Schefter and Suzy Kolber HAVE to be siblings. Appearance and dialect.
Tony Kornheiser is their Father. Hopefully he will develop into the lovable idiot, rather than just an idiot. I am a TK fan.
 

Mr. White

H-Town Beatdown
HowBoutThemCowboys! said:
Through 2 pre-season games, 3 total points from opposing offenses. The 3-4 D is looking sharper than ever.

Offense is slicing through N.O like a hot knife through butter.. and this is without Terrell.
So....starting out the season with Chris Palmer running the offense AND a 3-4 defense?

I think I know already know the punchline to this one.
 

Hookem Horns

Administrator
Staff member
jerek said:
Because Bledsoe has an offensive line ... oh wait, so does Carr now. :homer: Bledsoe has T.O. to throw to ... oh wait, he's biking the tour de France right now ... um ... okay dude, I've got nothing for you.

Give Carr a little time?
Carr has only had 4 years to develop, some of you guys need to show a little patience.
 

OzzO

.. and then?
pssst.... Suzie... there's a game being played. You can stop your "reporter on the spot" segement.
 

Grid

All Pro
A little league team could cut through the N.O. defense like butter. You could bring Aikman, Irving, and Smith out of retirement and cut through the N.O. defense like butter (even without an offensive line).

If you want to know what Drew Bledsoe and the Cowboys starting offense looks like against second and third stringers, watch the first half of this game.
 

jerek

Pro Hobbyist
Gotta love the dufus who wrote Tony to bring up the plaaaaaaayyed out Reggie Bush and Michael Jordan comparison?
 

Speedy

Yeller Dweller
It took almost to the end of the half to start the "I can't believe the Texans passed on Bush" BS.
 

Hookem Horns

Administrator
Staff member
Luv_ya_blue said:
No offense Hookem...but I think that many of us have shown MORE than a "little patience" in dealing with DC.

I mean it's not like anyone is suggesting a lynching...

..."get a rope"

You do know I was being sarcastic right? I have been holding that rope since the middle of last season. :)
 

edo783

Hall of Fame
So, looks like about 7-8 carries so far and what 12 yards or so. Yup, so far that's worth 50 mill. All they talk about is Bush is going to make one (1) big play and that is all he needs to do.......WHAT?
 

aj.

All Pro
I just heard Theismann say "you can see how special Reggie Bush is."

So I just checked his stats and he has 4 carries for 7 yards.

And there you have it from ESPN25
 
Speedy said:
It took almost to the end of the half to start the "I can't believe the Texans passed on Bush" BS.
Let them...


jerek said:
Gotta love the dufus who wrote Tony to bring up the plaaaaaaayyed out Reggie Bush and Michael Jordan comparison?
Ah, yes. The old "Micheal Jordan comparison" curse.
 

texan279

Hall of Fame
I guess all those critics were right about us being wrong taking Mario and that Bush would have made our offense so much better. How many points do the Saints have? Zero? How much total offense do they have? 85 yards? Bush has how many yards? Seven yards on four carries? :francis:
 

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod
aj. said:
I just heard Theismann say "you can see how special Reggie Bush is."

So I just checked his stats and he has 4 carries for 7 yards.
You must have over looked all of his kickoff/punt return and receiving stats. When you talk about RB it is the total package. ;)
 

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
I've never seen so much *** kissing of a rook. They overrate every run, 4 att. 7 yards, WOW I can't believe we passed on Reggie either:blah:
 
texan279 said:
How old are you six...nevermind...
Lame dude..


Don't knock on the Saint's D, they were a solid 15th ranked in team defense, beefed up by a season of off-season moves. Both of the Texan's opponents, Chiefs (24th) and Rams (30th), don't exactly have the best Ds either.
 

Texansfan36

Waterboy
texan279 said:
I guess all those critics were right about us being wrong taking Mario and that Bush would have made our offense so much better. How many points do the Saints have? Zero? How much total offense do they have? 85 yards? Bush has how many yards? Seven yards on four carries? :francis:
Yep I still can't believe we didn't take the greatest player to ever grace a football field.:crying: Doesn't look like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread to me. I will take what our backs have done over what he has done for the saints anyday.
 

edo783

Hall of Fame
Not sure those NFL.com numbers are right. Shows 4 carries for 7 yards, but longest was 9??? Must have been a lose on one. I thought I saw those numbers up on the screen and that he made a couple of other plays after that. Maybe I'm thinking of the pass plays. Oh well, still pretty dismal.
 

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
HowBoutThemCowboys! said:
Lame dude..


Don't knock on the Saint's D, they were a solid 15th ranked in team defense, beefed up by a season of off-season moves. Both of the Texan's opponents, Chiefs (24th) and Rams (30th), don't exactly have the best Ds either.
They'll get their chance to face off this season, until then.........................19-10.
 

OzzO

.. and then?
HowBoutThemCowboys! said:
Lame dude..


Don't knock on the Saint's D, they were a solid 15th ranked in team defense, beefed up by a season of off-season moves. Both of the Texan's opponents, Chiefs (24th) and Rams (30th), don't exactly have the best Ds either.
Well, if we're talking "last year's stats" - Houston was 30th overall offense, so I think the poster has a right to knock their D if we're happy with some of THIS year's pre-season adjustments.
 
Carr Bomb said:
I've never seen so much *** kissing of a rook. They overrate every run, 4 att. 7 yards, WOW I can't believe we passed on Reggie either:blah:

Yeah. I heard that. All they are waiting for is just a "highlight" run. That's it. They are overlooking the integration of Reggie within the offense. I mean, I can understand this from the fans. But not the NFL analyst and former player who should know better. All this will hurt N.O. in the long run. Once reality hits them they will realize that they can't play the game this way (one-man offense) the hype will wear off.

It's just a novelty right now. :bananasplit:

I still stand by my comparison: Reggie is more like Marcus Allen than Barry Sanders. Although he does have juke skills like Sanders. He more an open field RB like Allen.
 

texan279

Hall of Fame
is Wedgie going to play in the second half? I heard it is raining on the field, that oughta be a show to see. Is Wedgie wearing his gold cleats?
 

edo783

Hall of Fame
Did you just hear Kornhole just say how Bush had shown what he is and that's "Mr Excitment"......What game is he watching?
 
Bush has a lot of potential, but ESPN has basicly jumped on his bandwaggon. Don't expect even if he gets all of 10yards for them to change their stance. Mario however is considered a bust until proven all-pro. :shoot:
 

aj.

All Pro
edo783 said:
Not sure those NFL.com numbers are right. Shows 4 carries for 7 yards, but longest was 9??? Must have been a lose on one. I thought I saw those numbers up on the screen and that he made a couple of other plays after that. Maybe I'm thinking of the pass plays. Oh well, still pretty dismal.
Two of Bush's 4 rushes were for loss. (-4 yards total on those two)
 


Top