Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Official Girls vs. Reggie Bush and those other guys thread

This is the total yds I hope to gain this season.........before I get killed. BTW, cool it, they never told me I couldn't wear it while on the sidelines.

rbush4.jpg

I agree with Grid, we are just angry with ESPN. I think Bush is a good kid. More power to him. I just wish they would give the Texans and Mario some love too.

CloakNNNdagger said:
I don't know how many times I've posted same........the speed of the NFL does not readily allow the outside option, and the strength of the NFL players are not of bamboo commonly seen in college. Either route, Bush is likely to get killed before too long..........if the Saints want to hasten the process, they ought to feel free to place him on the return team.:twocents:
He is very talented, but they've got to figure out how to use him. I dunno, you hate to pay so much for a specialty player, a third down back but its
difficult to see how you've got him in the game as a Tailback on downs one
and two ?
All reports had Bush as the most highly ranked player on the majority of NFL teams Boards, yet apparently neither us or the Saints got a "godfather" offer
from any team. Between us and the Saints, I just wonder what was the best offer made for the rights to Bush ?

Kaiser Toro said:
It was actually directed at Jerek, but thanks for playing the part of the patsy. :)

Well in the future if ya dont want other people to chime in, ya may want to not have the conversation in a very busy thread on a public forum

:shoot:

Based on what both Mario and Bush have done so far, I think they oughta be getting about....zero, zip, nada coverage on ESPN. I think Morency, Brees, and C. Johnson oughta be put in their place.

Grid said:
I think you are mistaking distaste for jealousy.

Like, for example, if people were saying

"The Saints are the biggest freaking idiots in the league! Can you beleive they let Aaron Brooks go? What are they thinking? Say hello to another 40 years of bottom feeding you freaking morons!"

And then you saints fan would sit around in your forum and watch Raider games and laugh at Aaron Brooks playing terribly.. and yall would say "Haha! see! Look at how much better Brees is doing? Why isnt ESPN talking about how much Brooks sucks now??"

But then the Raider fans show up, beating thier chest and proclaiming "Hah hah! We stole Brooks from you! We are going to the superbowl!.. We find it hilarious that you sit here and act bitter over your loss blah blah blah..."

etc..etc..etc..

See what I mean? That was a really long example hehe..

ill put it more simply.

Its not that we are jealous.. we just like pointing out how stupid the talking heads on ESPN are for blindly supporting Bush when he hasnt proven anything yet, and ignoring Williams when he does well.

Well said!

HowBoutThemCowboys! said:
lol same problem here! It's hard to hear anything positive about other teams from these Texan fans! :)

Emmith Smith was a better overall-back than Barry Sanders! (I'm serious).

Happy? Now back to the "Girls vs Reggie Bush" thread...

Am I the only person who cannot stand Jerry Jones? I have no problem with the Cowboys. I cheered for them before the Texans were formed (Or reformed depending how you look at it).

HJam72 said:
Based on what both Mario and Bush have done so far, I think they oughta be getting about....zero, zip, nada coverage on ESPN. I think Morency, Brees, and C. Johnson oughta be put in their place.

Speaking of which.. bit off topic but I was watching the fantasy football draft on ESPN before the game.

Steve Young took Domanick Davis in the 2nd round, no one really talked about it.

on the one hand, it was nice seeing DD taken so high.. on the other, I found it hilarious that they had no idea what was going on with the Texans. A smarter move would have been skipping on DD and grabbing Morency in the final round.

BroussardSaint said:
yea they are so insecure about their team that they try to divert attention and would rather spend their time talking about other players on teams..
but i do like to come here and read other opinions about REGGIE.. These fans are really funny.

Dont feed the trolls :cowboy1:

I would like to say that I love when we play the Cowboys. I hate that we have to wait so long between those games. It should be a yearly thing =(

:fieldgoal

Grid said:
Speaking of which.. bit off topic but I was watching the fantasy football draft on ESPN before the game.

Steve Young took Domanick Davis in the 2nd round, no one really talked about it.

on the one hand, it was nice seeing DD taken so high.. on the other, I found it hilarious that they had no idea what was going on with the Texans. A smarter move would have been skipping on DD and grabbing Morency in the final round.

I can't believe they didn't take AJ till late in the draft. Thats ok, Ditka (sp?) was smart enough to take him, everyone else will be sorry. :shades: :fireball: :bowser: :shades:

yah.. after the game in 2002, we didnt really see any Cowboy fans until well into the 2003 season.

It was very peaceful. We need more opportunities to smack em around.

RiotCommander said:
I would like to say that I love when we play the Cowboys. I hate that we have to wait so long between those games. It should be a yearly thing =(

:fieldgoal

I think our division should include the Cowboys and Saints. I think all the divisions should be more geographical like that.

BroussardSaint said:
yea they are so insecure about their team that they try to divert attention and would rather spend their time talking about other players on teams..
but i do like to come here and read other opinions about REGGIE.. These fans are really funny.

Actually, we are very critical of our team. Not all Texans fans like Carr. Not all Texan fans like Mario. Not all fans like either of them and would prefer Vince Young. And we know about or O-line and D-line and secondary. So, I assure you that we are not "insecure." We are critical and realistic about our team; i.e. we haven't proven anything yet.

I'd say that EPSN is only helping N.O. fans be more delusional. Am I wrong? Or do you think that Reggie Bush is Jesus too?

Texansfan36 said:
I can't believe they didn't take AJ till late in the draft. Thats ok, Ditka (sp?) was smart enough to take him they everyone else will be sorry.

Yah when he picked AJ I thought about last season when he totally tore us a new one during the preseason. He basicly said we were going nowhere and we wouldnt go anywhere until we changed our attitude.

That really ticked me off at the time, but man was he right.

Hopefully his picking AJ means we are good to go this year :D

I'm scared guys........ I know it's just the preseason........ & I know it's the saints, but the Cowboys are lighting them up. CharlesGrant & Will Smith haven't even sniffed the backfield, and Bledsoe is shredding their secondary.

I believe our secondary is better than the Saints...... but damn....

Eh.. we havent exactly played terrible ourselves.

By the time we play the Boys, we should be a little more settled on Defense.

Honestly I think we could be two different teams by the time the game rolls around.

thunderkyss said:
I'm scared guys........ I know it's just the preseason........ & I know it's the saints, but the Cowboys are lighting them up. CharlesGrant & Will Smith haven't even sniffed the backfield, and Bledsoe is shredding their secondary.

The Cowboys are a playoff team that has a chance to get to the Superbowl. At least thats how I view them. I think they sold their souls getting T.O., that doesnt change the fact that they are solid on both sides of the ball.

RiotCommander said:
The Cowboys are a playoff team that has a chance to get to the Superbowl. At least thats how I view them. I think they sold their souls getting T.O., that doesnt change the fact that they are solid on both sides of the ball.

This is why I don't like pre-game videos that call out the Cowboys and us screaming 19-10 a little too often. Sooner or later, the Cowboys are going to rip us a new one. In the greater scheme of things, they are going to embarrass us in some game eventually. We can hate them all we want, but a little respect would be prudent.

RiotCommander said:

Yea they should have at least a year before TO tears them apart. I still don't see them getting to the SB though, they play in one heck of a division and Carolina is looking really good this year.

thunderkyss said:

If we can't beat Bledsoe, then we certainly can't beat the Manning. I'm not scared. Our D is better than this.

Wow, they just admitted that Bush didn't have a spectacular night. Now off to Sportscenter. Let's see if they start with a Bush highlight. I bet the catch for 9 yards.

RiotCommander said:

Eh, 9-7 last year, Bledsoe was just behind Carr in last year's total sacks.... and I don't think they did anything to improve their O-line, did they?

Don't sweat it.

Hookem Horns said:
Wow, they just admitted that Bush didn't have a spectacular night. Now off to Sportscenter. Let's see if they start with a Bush highlight. I bet the catch for 9 yards.

LOL, close. They started with one of Bush's runs but didn't show the end result or lack of yardage.

Hookem Horns said:

Close, they opened with a comment about LAST WEEK'S 44 yard run.

edit.... or ditto what hookem said

Dig the excitement in the voice, "BUSH, FOUR carries for NINE yards." But hey, let's do an analysis on 9 yards. :rolleyes:

A4toZ said:
Eh, 9-7 last year, Bledsoe was just behind Carr in last year's total sacks.... and I don't think they did anything to improve their O-line, did they?

Don't sweat it.

Was thinking about their O-line too. They do have holes there, but offically we do as well. I would like to see our line hold up all year and not be the joke of the NFL again. Lets face it, every year we hear jokes cracked about how much DC gets sacked.

"Before you thought about changing channels...Did you see Reggie Bush's 44-yard ridiculous-yo-I used to do this at USC and apparenly I can still do this in the NFL run... in his first preseason game!? -- -- Stuart Scott"

"That's a CRAZY 9 yard run! -- Stuart Scott"

"I done seen enough! -- Stuart Scott"

LOL!!!!! Of course you did Stuart. That was all he did.

Well ESPN does it again. They can't find any thing good about Bush's performance, so they lavish on the praise for his "donations" of $50,000 and Hummers for the NO causes......."of his own money." It is well known that his endorsement sponsors "donated" theses "gifts." One Bush is single handedly responsible for Katrina, the other single handedly for the rebuilding

LOL, he just said in reference to Bush "I have seen it all!" ... and then says Bush ended the night with "seven yards". WTH??

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! ESPN has officially lost it and they are insulting America's intelligence. I contemplating turning ESPN off for good. This is rediculous.

They go out of their way to make Bush look good and go out of their way to make Mario look bad.

BAM that is a rediculous 9 run gain.........please what a joke.

OMG......... these ESPN clowns.......

I've been holding back my judgement of these guys, but they are going gaga over a 9 yard run, and 12 yard screen........

I like SuzyKolber though, "how does it feel when you're getting stuffed by a great NFL defense??"

Why didn't they show the play where Reggie tried that cutback on Demarcus Ware, and he grabed him with one hand, and slamed him to the ground??

Kaiser Toro said:
Now that we know Bledsoe's excuse for playing so well, what is DC's against defensive juggernauts KC and STL? Please answer in the form of the truth, not truthiness. :)

I'm not really trying to invent excuses for Carr, but IMO there is a difference in degrees of craptastic between NO and STL and KC. STL put up some strong blitzes against DC ... KC had a lot of elite players running a decidedly Fangio-esque system. NO might well be the worst defensive unit in the NFL this year; bad players + bad playcalls ... JMO and don't take that too far. Like I say, not really trying to invent things here, but NO is really, really bad.

FWIW I'm rewatching the Texans game right now. Carr did look pretty sloppy those first few series. After that he looked quite crisp; made good, quick decisions. The Broncos will be a real test for Carr, and I am still confident that he will get to a point this season (soon) where he doesn't come out jittery. Hopefully.

Will be interesting to see how he continues to do when forced to work inside the pocket.

Actually, Reggie did contribute a lot of his own money (with his sponsors also co-contributing), and he conditioned some of his sponsorships on their contributions to Katrina recovery. He's done a lot of good down there, and he's drawn in sponsors to help. No need to hate on that.

Now Salisbury is piling on. This is a sick joke. OK, everything the Saints did right was because of Bush according to these idiots. Geez, why not say just the awe inspiring presence of Bush in the stadium led to Bledsoe's great game.

The play I'm really impresed (kidding) with is how he took the linebacker out of the play just by running toward him on the playaction. They didn't mention that the quarterback threw it 15 yards to the other side of the field for a completion.

Reggie Bush is so good it's no wonder he ran all over Texas while leading USC to the National Championship....oh wait....never mind.

HJam72 said:
This is why I don't like pre-game videos that call out the Cowboys and us screaming 19-10 a little too often. Sooner or later, the Cowboys are going to rip us a new one. In the greater scheme of things, they are going to embarrass us in some game eventually. We can hate them all we want, but a little respect would be prudent.

I don't know..... I think we should get ours while we can.......

19-10............ How 'bout them Cowboys??????

Back