Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Official 2010 Training Camp Thread

I took 162 photos at camp this morning. I have a slow ass satellite internet connection, so bare with me. Here's a few to wet your whistle, I'll keep em' coming.

TexansTrainingCamp010.jpg

[
TexansTrainingCamp020.jpg

TexansTrainingCamp079.jpg

TexansTrainingCamp080.jpg

TexansTrainingCamp104.jpg

TexansTrainingCamp107.jpg

I can't give rep to cjeremy, but want to say "Thanks" for the pics and notes.

Thanks to the other people who have supplied info, too.

Man - I'd hate to think that I had to line up across from AJ every day in practice.

If I was a young DB it would be the best education you could ever get. Best WR in the league and a nice enough guy that he would probably give you some tips and tricks along the way.

Just went over to the 'official' message boards to see if I could get anymore reports on TC, and it was a ghost town..... sad face.

Hadn't logged in over there since 09-03-2008 and now I remember why.

I am really having trouble printing out my tickets. I got my confirmation emails but nothing is telling me how to print them so can someone walk me through?

I am so pumped about tomorrow. Cant wait to see the guys in action.

Where's Owen Daniels by the way?

He was there, but not in uniform. He's still expected to be ready by the start of the season though. I've got a pic with him in it, I'll try to find it and post it.

I have some thoughts but you'll have to deal with me because it's not as easy to see being I am in a wheelchair. Also, the players kept changing fields and it's not as easy for me to run back and forth when they break up the team on two different fields. Matt and AJ looked great going six yards deep endzone pass that was beastly IMO. I think Chris Henry is really pushing to make the roster but it's going to be tough with three guys ahead of him at least. We'll have to wait and see how he does this preseason though. Maybe a nice surprise to look foward to but only time will tell. Who knows? I also have to say Chris Myers really held his own out there to my surprise. Foster seem to have picked up where he left off last season and Slaton looked healthy but not as sharp which is to be exspected coming off an injury. Tate looked ok for his first day at NFL camp ever. I don't see a roster spot in the making for Frank Okam he just does not seem to have the want but that has always been the story with him and it's still early on in camp. Matt was the best of all the QB's as he should be since he is the starter but it looked to me like possibly JDB had a little edge over Dan O. There is a very nice battle shaping up among all running backs on the roster. Pollard continued to bring his A game and knock the piss out of people. Mitchell and the other DT rookies looked awesome as well for their first day. And Cushing did look somewhat different in person to me but my eyes could have been fooling me. Thats about all I have for right now. I also chatted with Eric Winston and the O line at the autograph table that was fun. By the way, did anyone else see the Cowboys fan get thrown out for bothering the players during practice? Lol.

Last edited:
Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but Chris Henry is known for looking amazing in practice, but can't translate it to the field. Hope it transitions for him.

I have some thoughts but you'll have to deal with me because it's not as easy to see being I am in a wheelchair. Also, the players kept chaning fields and it's not as easy for me to run back and fourth when they break up the team on two different fields. Matt and AJ looked great going six yards deep endzone pass that was beastly IMO. I think Chris Henry is really pushing to make the roster but it's going to be tough with three guys ahead of him at least. We'll have to wait and see how he does this preseason though. Maybe a nice surprise to look foward to but only time will tell. Who knows? I also have to say Chris Myers really held his own out there to my surprise. Foster seem to have picked up where he left off last season and Slaton looked healthy but not as sharp which is to be exspected coming off an injury. Tate looked ok for his first day at NFL camp ever. I don't see a roster spot in the making for Frank Okam he just does not seem to have the want but that has always been the story with him and it's still early on in camp. Matt was the best of all the QB's as he should be since he is the starter but it looked to me like possibly JDB had a little edge over Dan O. There is a very nice batt;e shaping up among all running backs on the roster. Pollard continued to bring his A game and knock the piss out of people. Mitchell and the other DT rookies looked awesome as well for their first day. And Cushing did look somewhat different in person to me but my eyes could have been fooling me. Thats about all I have for right now. I also chatted with Eric Winston and the O line at the autograph table that was fun. By the way, did anyone else see the Cowboys fan get thrown out for bothering the players during practice? Lol.

I saw the cops and heard the booing, but I wasn't too sure what exactly happened.

I have some thoughts but you'll have to deal with me because it's not as easy to see being I am in a wheelchair. Also, the players kept chaning fields and it's not as easy for me to run back and fourth when they break up the team on two different fields. Matt and AJ looked great going six yards deep endzone pass that was beastly IMO. I think Chris Henry is really pushing to make the roster but it's going to be tough with three guys ahead of him at least. We'll have to wait and see how he does this preseason though. Maybe a nice surprise to look foward to but only time will tell. Who knows? I also have to say Chris Myers really held his own out there to my surprise. Foster seem to have picked up where he left off last season and Slaton looked healthy but not as sharp which is to be exspected coming off an injury. Tate looked ok for his first day at NFL camp ever. I don't see a roster spot in the making for Frank Okam he just does not seem to have the want but that has always been the story with him and it's still early on in camp. Matt was the best of all the QB's as he should be since he is the starter but it looked to me like possibly JDB had a little edge over Dan O. There is a very nice batt;e shaping up among all running backs on the roster. Pollard continued to bring his A game and knock the piss out of people. Mitchell and the other DT rookies looked awesome as well for their first day. And Cushing did look somewhat different in person to me but my eyes could have been fooling me. Thats about all I have for right now. I also chatted with Eric Winston and the O line at the autograph table that was fun. By the way, did anyone else see the Cowboys fan get thrown out for bothering the players during practice? Lol.

Just gave you rep, and it boosted you 15 points. You deserve it! Thank you for filling us in on what you saw. And...you gave us a description of what went down with the cops (An unruly Cowboys fan! Bah! Away with him!).

Keep up the good work.

TexansTrainingCamp045.jpg

My shout out to Gary. Their camera crapped out, so I told them I'd post some pics.
TexansTrainingCamp047.jpg

TexansTrainingCamp061.jpg

To the poster who asked about Owen, he's in the blue long sleeve shirt and wearing the white headband.
TexansTrainingCamp100.jpg

TexansTrainingCamp093.jpg

TexansTrainingCamp096.jpg

I wonder if Reliant needs to go FieldTurf.

That's a whole 'nuther topic, though.

Thanks for the pics Jeremy. Have you posted the catch yet?

Thanks for the pics Jeremy. Have you posted the catch yet?

Which one? The one where Andre caught the TD and the crowd went wild? If that's the one you're talking about, I didn't get it. I got caught up watching everything and didn't even grab the dang camera. I watched the play go down though, but I would have liked to have gotten that pic.

Here's my training camp writeup for FanHouse:

Youthful Texans Open Camp With Optimism, Questions

Nothing in it is likely things that you don't already know--For the AOL audience, I'm mostly writing for a national audience--particularly fantasy football types. It's hard to shift gears to write for non-diehards.

I got the feeling that Foster felt very comfortable with what he was doing and Tate was not. Because of the contract negotiations, he didn't even know if he was going to practice today. He's mostly focusing on the playbook.

Back