Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Official 2010 Training Camp Thread

Looks like Tate hasn't earned the right to be called by his first name
by Kubes. If Kubiak is saying your first name, you know you're alright.

Tate recently graduated from "The Kid from Auburn" to "Tate."
Let's see if he can earn a "Ben" Saturday night.
:lol:

Yes I was in a daze when I typed that and did not proof read my post.

I heard Kubiak discuss in an interview early in the offseason that he wanted to figure a way for them to avoid the slow start. Tired Legs I think he said. So I think Kubiak has come up some ways to get the team off to a better start.

In the past, this team was one of league leaders with guys on the IR, so replacing the strength coach and backing off on the teams practices appear to be related. But I am also using huge reading of the tea leaves and inferring something.

Hope this is more clear
Gotcha, thanks!

How about Polk, the safety from Indiana, anybody noticed him so far?

Good catch! :bravo:

Actually he called him "Ben" in this article:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7151658.html

and I quote ""I've been hard on Ben because he's going to be a big part of what we do," Kubiak said. "He's going to work with the second group, but that'll include some starters in the offensive line."

and that's from yesterday...I'm reading that Tate will get most of the reps on Saturday. I'll have to DVR and watch the replay on Monday but I'll be watching him closely. With Jackson out, he's the rookie I'm most interested in right now folowed closely by Holliday.

Not a bad read, but it has lots of inaccuracies

The biggest one of which is David Anderson's Ricky Hatton impression. I never knew Hatton was part-cockney, part-Australian. Shocking.

Nice to know that signing for Seattle counts as having your career ended too. Poor Chester Pitts...

The biggest one of which is David Anderson's Ricky Hatton impression. I never knew Hatton was part-cockney, part-Australian. Shocking.

Nice to know that signing for Seattle counts as having your career ended too. Poor Chester Pitts...

Yep. And all the experience Wade Smith got last year filling in for Brisiel.

It is interesting to find out that Jacoby Jones has tiny hands though.

I'm still wondering how he made THIS catch!!

116ozh3.jpg

I know not really TC related but both Ben Tate and Tim Bulman placed on Injured Reserve. DE James Wyche signed

Saints perspective from this morning:

The New Orleans Saints and Houston Texans are holding a pair of practices together today.

WWL's Bobby Hebert says the morning work out was more lively than many of the previous training camp sessions.

"It's a lot more intense... a lot more physical," The Cajun Cannon said on the sideline.

He says, however, there weren't any fights in the first set of drills. Hebert noted that over all his years as a player and now a broadcaster, there have always been some scuffles in camp. "This might be the first training camp where I haven't seen one fight."

Hebert says the Texans exposed weaknesses on both sides of the ball for the Saints.

"I still have some concerns about the run defense. They did a running period and the Texans were able to gash the Saints," Hebert observed. He says the Saints offense also struggled against one of the best defensive ends in the game. "We just ran a bootleg with Drew Brees and he wouldn't have had a snowball's chance in hell of getting that pass off, Mario Williams would have sacked him for a loss of about 8 yards. They had him on both sides, going against Bushrod and Stinchcomb, and he's definitely gotten the best of them."

On the bright side, Hebert noted that Brees found ways to move the ball when he was protected. "Drew Brees had a big play up the sideline to Lance Moore for about 35 yards. You see him continually connecting to Colston for seven or eight yard gains to keep the chains moving."

The Saints and Texans play in the preseason Dome opener Saturday night.

http://www.wwl.com/Bobby--Texans-exploit-Saints-weaknesses/7938587

Since apparently McGobbler can't put his 5th burger down, I decide to do some perusing the net for news of this mornings practice. Unfortunately, everything was from Saints reporters or fans. Anywho, it's sound like we definitely held our own. Almost every report had something about Mario beasting it up this morning.

Here are tidbits I found interesting.

The practice this morning was rather intense and seemed much more physical than those against the New England Patriots from last week. At least this year though, all fights have been avoided between these two teams.

The Saints are going to need to do some extra work in order to stop players like DeMario Williams. Williams seemed to be in the offensive backfield for half of the day and he would have had a sack too if this were a real game. There aren't many like the beast Williams in the NFL, but the Saints must learn to tighten up the protection in order to keep Brees safe
Demario? Seriously?

http://www.examiner.com/new-orleans...g-sharper-holliday-brees-and-more-slideshow-1

Overall in the running game drill the Texans got the best of the Saints defense with big runs from #24 Jeremiah Johnson, Arian Foster and RB Chris Henry.

In other team action Texans DE Mario Williams slipped past OT Jon Stinchcomb and Williams would have taken Drew Brees down hard in a real game.

http://www.wwl.com/Deke--Texans-RB-s-get-best-of-Saints-D/7939506

Thanks for posting that Hou-Tex! The only thing I have seen so far is the small bit by Kuharsky.

Yup, it's sad. Our local guys suck and I know there are a few there

We need a campaign to lobby the Texans to recognize at least some bloggers with press credentials like AJ and Texans Chick. They would provide timely reporting with an eye on actual football. McGobbler just gabs throughout practice and then asks someone what happened so he can regurgitate it.

We need a campaign to lobby the Texans to recognize at least some bloggers with press credentials like AJ and Texans Chick. They would provide timely reporting with an eye on actual football. McGobbler just gabs throughout practice and then asks someone what happened so he can regurgitate it.

Ha, that's true. I might be off-base here, but I think the Texans kind of restrain their blogger/reporters from expressing their own opinions. AJ used to give detailed opinions on practices and games.

Ha, that's true. I might be off-base here, but I think the Texans kind of restrain their blogger/reporters from expressing their own opinions. AJ used to give detailed opinions on practices and games.

Well AJ is with the Examiner now. I don't know if the Texans pressured him while he was writing for them. Keith from houtonprofootball now inthebullseye had a pass for a while and they got upset with him for providing too much detail on formations and plays. I do think there is an understanding with reporters that they shouldn't provide too much detail on that kind of stuff. Still be nice to have someone just reporting who is running with the 1's, etc. and on individual performance.

Well AJ is with the Examiner now. I don't know if the Texans pressured him while he was writing for them. Keith from houtonprofootball now inthebullseye had a pass for a while and they got upset with him for providing too much detail on formations and plays. I do think there is an understanding with reporters that they shouldn't provide too much detail on that kind of stuff. Still be nice to have someone just reporting who is running with the 1's, etc. and on individual performance.

I couldn't agree more. They should know some fans chomp at the bit for info like that

Texans QB Matt Schaub was 6-for-7 and a touchdown vs. the #Saints' 1s on the opening 2-minute drill. Even worse, the Texans sat their two best players, Mario Williams and Andre Johnson, for the afternoon practice.

NickScurfield :

Texans just finished their second practice with the Saints. They practiced in the Saints' indoor facility- no pads

Matt Schaub and the Texans' 1st-string offense were lighting it up. Kevin Walter showed some speed w/ a long TD catch in 11-on-11s

Rookie LB Darryl Sharpton made a leaping interception w/ the 2nd-team defense. Big plays a recurring theme for number 51

Dan Orlovsky looking inconsistent out there. Not good in the morning, ok in the afternoon. John Lopez says Booty playing better than Dan. fwtw

LONG TIME NO SEE

Former Texans running back Jonathan Wells watched practice from the stands. Wells looks as if he could still play. - John McClain

hahaha, strange.

LONG TIME NO SEE

Former Texans running back Jonathan Wells watched practice from the stands. Wells looks as if he could still play. - John McClain

hahaha, strange.

So he still looks like he can turn around and back into a tackler?

Back