Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nick Caserio - New GM

IT WAS OBVIOUS TO EVERYONE AND THEIR DOG the team would suck…..& they actually you know, suck. What I don’t understand is why so many fans feel the need to complain about the suck they’re seeing, or worse, come at other fans for having an optimistic view of what could happen. Ive heard of misery loving company, but some of you guys in here just wanna complain. No way anyone should be as upset about how this team/franchise has performed given what we all knew was coming. It is what it is.

FIFY.

I know they suck. I knew they were going to suck. I optimisticly hoped they would be competitive especially against bad teams.

I don’t think we were competitive against the Jets. They were clearly the better team. I absolutely did not expect that this late in the season. We’ve been treading water. The Jets have been swimming upstream. Struggling. Slowly. But they’re moving upstream.

The Jags too. They looked like crap earlier this season. They’re a better team. We have as little chance to beat them as we do the Colts.

My hope has moved on to 2022

I am in the 2023 camp for this team to be competitive.

Wake me when it is here.

I hear you.

But I said my hope was that we would be competitive against bad teams. In 2021 we’re not. I’m hoping that changes in 2022.
But why? In the end, 2-9 and being competitive is no different than the 2-9 they are now. The 0-10-1 Lions lost 3 games on time expiring FGs. And one took an NFL record 1000 yard Gus the mule kick to beat them. Competitive in those games, but it doesn't change that they're the worst team in football.

I get from an aesthetic standpoint and not wanting to look like the bumbling train wreck that they are, but it's still 2-9. Anyone who saw this team being assembled this offseason, knew the results weren't going to be good. And most of us saw it that way. I too, had hope that they'd at least look better, o-line without Devlin, actually thought Lindsay was a good add, but still expected them to struggle to get to 4 or 5 wins. And being competitive in these games or not, that's still where they're at.

I know they suck. I knew they were going to suck. I optimisticly hoped they would be competitive especially against bad teams.

I don’t think we were competitive against the Jets. They were clearly the better team. I absolutely did not expect that this late in the season. We’ve been treading water. The Jets have been swimming upstream. Struggling. Slowly. But they’re moving upstream.

The Jags too. They looked like crap earlier this season. They’re a better team. We have as little chance to beat them as we do the Colts.

My hope has moved on to 2022
The Texans were/are tearing down this year. I do think it was realistic to expect more than the two wins we currently have, with the makeshift short term veterans put together, but this was derailed by injuries. The rebuild will begin this next draft.

But why? In the end, 2-9 and being competitive is no different than the 2-9 they are now. The 0-10-1 Lions lost 3 games on time expiring FGs. And one took an NFL record 1000 yard Gus the mule kick to beat them. Competitive in those games, but it doesn't change that they're the worst team in football.
Baby steps. The Lions will probably win 9 games next year because they’ll probably be competitive against good teams & beat bad teams.

thats where the Texans have been in their hay day.

The Texans will still be struggling for six wins, losing to bad teams

pretty much. I came into this season thinking that there were 7-8 winnable games on our schedule…..but that was with EVERYTHING breaking right for them. Realistically I knew that wasn’t going to happen, but even if it did, 7-10 still isn’t a very good team. So even with my optimistic hopeful some would say pie in the sky view, I, like most everyone figured they’d still suck…the only question really was how bad they would. Their record will likely end up worse than last year’s, but I personally don’t think they’re much worse.

So in watching them these days, the pressure is off. I watch mainly just to keep track of what’s going on with the team lol.

If you predicted the team would suck…..& they actually you know, suck, then you were right. What I don’t understand is why so many fans feel the need to complain about the suck they’re seeing, or worse, come at other fans for having an optimistic view of what could happen. Ive heard of misery loving company, but some of you guys in here just wanna complain. No way anyone should be as upset about how this team/franchise has performed given what we all knew was coming. It is what it is.
To be fair. You can expect the team to suck however when they are not even competitive, it's another level of suck that is unexpected. For example, your team sucks and you understand that. But an NFL team having less than 50 yards in a half is beyond suck. When an NFL team gets the ball with 40 seconds left in the half, going against a prevent defense and still punts the ball with 20 seconds left, that is just another level of suck that no one can or should anticipate.

What it proves again is that a franchise QB needs help and is not the sole reason for winning games. Last year, the offense averaged 24 PPG, but the defense gave up 29 PPG. This year, the offense is only scoring 14 PPG and the defense is giving up 26 PPG.

The 2020 defense was one of the worst I’ve seen. The 2021 offense is one of the worst I’ve seen. Whether your QB is a supposed franchise QB or not, if your offense or defense is ranked 29th or worst, you are not winning many games.
I think this years defense would be ranked a little lower if we fielded an actual professional offense. So far this year the defense has been on the field more than any other teams defenses. The freaking offense has had several games in which they couldn't even get past the 50 yard line.

Last edited:
If you predicted the team would suck…..& they actually you know, suck, then you were right. What I don’t understand is why so many fans feel the need to complain about the suck they’re seeing, or worse, come at other fans for having an optimistic view of what could happen. Ive heard of misery loving company, but some of you guys in here just wanna complain. No way anyone should be as upset about how this team/franchise has performed given what we all knew was coming. It is what it is.
Because one would've thought they would at least be competitive. They don't even look like a professional team out there.

Because one would've thought they would at least be competitive. They don't even look like a professional team out there.

they were competitive early on until injuries…We’re at that stage of the season where the real contenders begin to separate, the pretenders fall off, and the bad teams begin to check out..happens every year around the league & I can’t say that I’m surprised the players have checked out

Is it to defend the trade or defend the contract restructure? I don’t believe they need to defend the trade anymore. That guy who did it is gone.

Is he really, though? :hmmm:

"Texans executive Vice President Jack Easterby pushed the team to trade star wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins last offseason, Sports Illustrated's Jenny Vrentas and Greg Bishop report. Four sources told Sports Illustrated that Easterby was the first, and most persistent, advocate for the team dealing the star receiver." ~ Source

They aren’t good because they put a roster together that wasn’t going to be good, i.e. tanking. Amazing that you can’t wrap your head around that.

Then why beat the jags who they were inevitably in contention for the #1 pick with?

Then why beat the jags who they were inevitably in contention for the #1 pick?
That's not at all what Speedy said. He referred to roster construction. Not a team conspiracy to lose.

Culley: Hey guys. I love being around you. But, we gotta lose today. So we can get better players to replace you in the next draft.

Players: Sure thing, Coach Culley. We're going to make it look like we're trying. Sometimes. Maybe accidentally win a couple of games.

Culley: I love you guys. Except the guys I'm gonna have to suspend later.

That's not at all what Speedy said. He referred to roster construction. Not a team conspiracy to lose.

Culley: Hey guys. I love being around you. But, we gotta lose today. So we can get better players to replace you in the next draft.

Players: Sure thing, Coach Culley. We're going to make it look like we're trying. Sometimes. Maybe accidentally win a couple of games.

Culley: I love you guys. Except the guys I'm gonna have to suspend later.

Tanking is a pretty damn strong allegation. I'm gonna have to see a Lil more then "we have a bad roster."

You're in for a long nap.
If the recent history of Caserio draft blunders, trade fiascos, restructuring of contracts, fiscal mismanagement and the attempted recreation of Stalag Belichick continues, then this will be a 5-year plan in losing, while also setting new lows for ineptitude along the way.

About a quarter of the teams in the league have miserable rosters. Are they all tanking?
There are instances. The 2020 Jags dumped about every decent vet player on their roster for draft choices. The 2021 Lions traded their vet QB for draft choices and a failed #1 overall QB. The Browns in 2017 traded for Brock Osweiler's salary for a 2nd round pick. No one trades for that salary and is trying to win.

Some of many situations where teams sacrifice the present for the future. The 90's Cowboys and the Herschel Walker trade? Maybe you've heard of that? It happens.

There are instances. The 2020 Jags dumped about every decent vet player on their roster for draft choices. The 2021 Lions traded their vet QB for draft choices and a failed #1 overall QB. The Browns in 2017 traded for Brock Osweiler's salary and a 2nd round pick. No one trades for that salary and is trying to win.

Some of many situations where teams sacrifice the present for the future. The 90's Cowboys and the Herschel Walker trade? Maybe you've heard of that? It happens.

FIFY

Questions from team employees, not actual journalists. Must be nice being a sports executive in Houston. Never under fire.
I dunno for sure but I think that NC makes weekly "appearances" on 610 radio with Seth & Sean.
Hey Lucky given the opportunity what's the one question you'd ask Cesario ?

No, that's what it is. "Tanking" and "Throwing games" are not the same thing.
I don't believe Caserio is tanking. I think he made the best team he could given the circumstances he had to deal with.

He went to the restructure well to many times to make cap space for decent players.

If he were tanking he'd have just ate the bad contracts & brought in as many league minimum UDFAs.

He went to the restructure well to many times to make cap space for decent players.

If he were tanking he'd have just ate the bad contracts & brought in as many league minimum UDFAs.
Caserio made cap space for mediocre players that would have no impact. Just as if he brought in younger vets and UDFAs. I've criticized these moves many times. But, I've also said that they were made for an audience of one. Caserio felt he had to rebuild (or tank), while leading Kyle to believe the team was trying to compete. An impossible and ridiculous tight rope necessitated by working for a moronic owner/team president.

Maybe the rebuild can start in earnest in 2022. Maybe. Caserio has 5 years and $30 million left on his deal. He has the power. He needs to wield it.

Why do you have such a deep dislike for Caserio ? Clearly it's personal.
Oh, so you think this is personal. If this was personal, I wouldn't be attacking the Preacher, Game Boy and the Kirby Boardroom with the same vitriol. If this was personal, I wouldn't have gone to all the trouble of posting several comments that chronologically list a dozen or more items of poor decision making, an absence of logic and common sense, fiscal irresponsibility and clearly illustrating all of the above. And how this triumvirate are all in over their head and do not know what they're doing. You can start by reviewing posts #2198 and #2206.
I see the Houston Texans trying to reinvent the Scott Pioli and the Kansas City Chiefs under a false illusion they are recreating Bill Belichick. Which they will never be able to do.

Last edited:
Is he really, though? :hmmm:

"Texans executive Vice President Jack Easterby pushed the team to trade star wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins last offseason, Sports Illustrated's Jenny Vrentas and Greg Bishop report. Four sources told Sports Illustrated that Easterby was the first, and most persistent, advocate for the team dealing the star receiver." ~ Source

The same SI that did a hit piece on Easterby? This article should surprise exactly nobody.

The guy who did, or at least was heavily involved in trades and negotiating contracts is very much still in the building.

Depends on how much you think he was heavily involved. I think Janice and Deann were much more heavily involved than Easterby was. But hey, that's my opinion.

Not me. I want something concrete and I have yet to see it. I'm all ears though.

You will see it by the end of the yr.

Mills starting should be a sign. They're looking to see what they have in Mills the rest of the yr.

If the recent history of Caserio draft blunders, trade fiascos, restructuring of contracts, fiscal mismanagement and the attempted recreation of Stalag Belichick continues, then this will be a 5-year plan in losing, while also setting new lows for ineptitude along the way.

What draft blunders?

What real damage has been done. There will be plenty of cap space for the 2023 season and that's all that really matters.

Last edited:
Caserio made cap space for mediocre players that would have no impact. Just as if he brought in younger vets and UDFAs. I've criticized these moves many times. But, I've also said that they were made for an audience of one. Caserio felt he had to rebuild (or tank), while leading Kyle to believe the team was trying to compete. An impossible and ridiculous tight rope necessitated by working for a moronic owner/team president.

Maybe the rebuild can start in earnest in 2022. Maybe. Caserio has 5 years and $30 million left on his deal. He has the power. He needs to wield it.

Agreed and the bad contracts will be gone by 2022. Plus a full compliment of 2 yrs of high draft picks. This is what a tank and draft strategy looks like. It's painful but necessary steps.

Back