Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Nick Caserio - New GM

There is no amount of draft picks worth giving up a franchise QB. Drafts are a bit overrated. They're good for rebuilding but teams like New England and Seattle haven't had high draft picks in nearly a decade and they spent the last decade always in playoffs or Super Bowls. Now the Chiefs are the top team and won't be drafting high for a decade plus and they'll most likely be winning the division every year at minimum.

So we can't afford to lose Deshaun. Unless you want another 15 years of 3rd round busts, career back ups etc we gotta protect our investment for the time being. Rebuilds don't work at least not soon. It took Cleveland 20 years to get back to the playoffs, Lions are a joke, Oakland hasn't done a thing since 2002 and so on. So I'm not entertaining anything short of how do we fix this situation and put the best possible team around him
The concern was being forced into a trade by Dashaun whom has a no trade clause that he can waive. We have already seen high profile profootballers make things uncomfortable for their team until the player was moved. If Watson insists on a move we need to get the most that we can for him or any player. I think Caserio would do that better than you know who. Suggestions out there already (if) #4 insists are Jets 1.2 plus 1.27 to start with; another has Darnold coming to Texans with the 1.2 and other picks.

As I do James Harden I prefer Dashaun remain but it is interesting to discuss options that might occur.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Two sides to every story...<br><br>Source tells me the Texans tried to get in touch with QB Deshaun Watson, prior to the Caserio hire.<br><br>He hasn&#39;t returned or replied to their multiple reach outs.</p>&mdash; Benjamin Allbright (@AllbrightNFL) <a href=" "
wouldnt surprise me he is on vacation

If you use a completely objective approach like many of the media guys who don't have a dog in this hunt, you wouldn't approach this from a position of denial. Whether you like him or not Florio is well connected. When Florio says SEVERAL of Watson's teammates have said that Watson has told them he wants to be traded, there is really no reason NOT to believe him. There is some real smoke here.

Mike Florio is a human turd and professional troll. I don't put much weight into anything he says.

“Nick Caserio is one of the hardest working, dependable and team-oriented people I have worked with and his ability to handle a wide array of responsibilities is unique,” Belichick said. “Nick’s contributions came on a daily basis and ultimately led to years of success and six championships, for which I am very appreciative. He did an excellent job for us and is extremely deserving of the opportunity to be a general manager.”

Lol it has nothing to do with my "love" of Watson & more to do with not wholeheartedly accepting the crap that's being spoon fed to me by a known troll. I get that you so want to believe that there's alot to this b/c its probably what you think they should do anyway, but if anyone's being biased its you. You're putting the credibility of this dude over what the actual facts are....which only Cal & DW4 are the only 1's who really know. The truth is it looking more & more like there isn't any more to this than DW4 wanting to be more included in the selection process. No trade request was ever imminent and the Texans never had any intentions of trading him anyway so....

A guy like Florio isn't connected inside the locker room like that, he's more connected to agents and local media types who purport to be connected on the inside... & for how large his platform is, he isn't & has never been on the level of guys like Glazer and Schefter......guys who really do have their ears to the ground. But even with them, they still have a tendency to overreach sometimes...At least Schefter had the compunction to roll his initial story back once he got real intel on the situation. Florio doesn't have the stones to do as much.

Don't confuse longevity in the business with credibility. McClain has been in the business for over 30 years yet you continously poop on any proclamations he puts out there about the Texans(& rightfully so), but are wholeheartedly ready to endorse a troll's story like Florio's b/c "he's been around a long time". Which is it bud, either it matters or it doesn't.
When Florio interviews players on his show and blows a bit of smoke up their hiney he's then connected inside the locker room. DON"T KID YOURSELF. How many players have you interviewed on a national platform? How many players telephone numbers do you have on your speed dial?

I have no idea what is going to happen. I'm not naïve enough to think that national media types are clueless and have no one they can talk to.

John McClain is a treasure and the city of Houston is lucky to have him. A professional's professional. John is one of the most respected sports writers in his field. You've me confused with someone else pooping on John's comments.

Oh, and I'm not the one who is mad.

Ugh. I'm hoping that was just a political reply, but Texans history tends to support it.

That said, if Caserio is picking his own HC, I'd expect them to have group decisions to be in. . .a l i g n m e n t. . . :friends:
It does sound like: McNair, party of four, your boardroom table is now ready for seating.
Where have we heard that before?........Some things never change.

To be honest that is all Cal has ever known. It's the only way he knows how to do business. Will continue to be that way until the McNairs no longer own the team.

Last edited:
Mike Florio is a human turd and professional troll. I don't put much weight into anything he says.
I don't like him either. I thought he was really low class the way he went after Easterby, who I am also not fond of also. Doesn't change the fact that Florio does have connections throughout the league.

Last edited:
When Florio interviews players on his show and blows a bit of smoke up their hiney he's then connected inside the locker room. DON"T KID YOURSELF. How many players have you interviewed on a national platform? How many players telephone numbers do you have on your speed dial?

I have no idea what is going to happen. I'm not naïve enough to think that national media types are clueless and have no one they can talk to.

John McClain is a treasure and the city of Houston is lucky to have him. A professional's professional. John is one of the most respected sports writers in his field. You've me confused with someone else pooping on John's comments.

Oh, and I'm not the one who is mad.

Lol, him interviewing guys on his show means d*&^....its a nationally syndicated show/podcast, he's probably got interns or some other low level employee with NBC credentials helping him track dudes down to get them on....which is basically the same set up as your local sports radio personalities who helps coordinate guests on their show. He's likely no more "connected" than Seth Payne, Wade Smith or Cecil Shorts or some other former player of the Texans who really know guys & people inside that locker room and FO.

He's pretty much a joke and as DB said, his primary objective is to keep himself & his podcast/show/website relevant in a sea of opinions by putting out crap that with the help of social media can spread like wildfire very quickly & drive traffic to his site.

Nick Caserio on personnel decisions: 'Any personnel decisions to be made, will be made as a group. As it pertains to football decisions, those are ultimately my decisions in conjunction with the head coach.'

My last corporate decision-making culture signature needed updating...just for reference...press conference worth it

McNair said finding the new quarterback will be a group decision.... McNair, vice chairman Cal McNair, general manager Rick Smith and coach Bill O’Brien will “reach a consensus.”

Lol, him interviewing guys on his show means d*&^....its a nationally syndicated show/podcast, he's probably got interns or some other low level employee with NBC credentials helping him track dudes down to get them on....which is basically the same set up as your local sports radio personalities who helps coordinate guests on their show. He's likely no more "connected" than Seth Payne, Wade Smith or Cecil Shorts or some other former player of the Texans who really know guys & people inside that locker room and FO.

He's pretty much a joke and as DB said, his primary objective is to keep himself & his podcast/show/website relevant in a sea of opinions by putting out crap that with the help of social media can spread like wildfire very quickly & drive traffic to his site.
One thing I'm very sure about is you are not locked in, are uniformed about how media really works and don't have one NFL connection you can call.

These are the last two guys that we want to hear from right now but I respect John Harris' football knowledge like few others and I like what he says about NC on this video.

TL;DR version: This guy is very hands-on and knows every aspect of how to run an organization.

They both get a Houston Texans paycheck so what you will hear from them is going to be ALL positive about the Houston Texans all of the time. AKA LOTS OF SPIN

Last edited:
I don't like him either. I thought he was really low class the way he went after Easterby, who I am also not fond of. Doesn't change the fact that Florio does have connections throughout the league.

I read profootballtalk more than most here, and honestly think that Florio's continued attack on Easterby sounds "more to the story" personal. Nobody really cared one way or the other (significantly) when he came out swinging and that was follow by non-Florio negative article (SI I think).

Except I never made any wild claims about media operations and how people are connected. AKA LOTS OF SPIN.

the fact that you’re holding Florio in high regard b/c he has a nationally syndicated podcast and he “blows smoke up players butts” ....so that apparently means he’s connected.....all I need to know about your train of thought from that totally rational thought process.

the fact that you’re holding Florio in high regard b/c he has a nationally syndicated podcast and he “blows smoke up players butts” ....so that apparently means he’s connected.....all I need to know about your train of thought from that totally rational thought process.

and I ain’t made claims about anything other than
I mentioned several times how I don't like the guy but I'm not dumb enough to think Florio can't pickup a phone and call almost anyone he wants in the NFL. .....I think we're done.

Last edited:
The concern was being forced into a trade by Dashaun whom has a no trade clause that he can waive. We have already seen high profile profootballers make things uncomfortable for their team until the player was moved. If Watson insists on a move we need to get the most that we can for him or any player. I think Caserio would do that better than you know who. Suggestions out there already (if) #4 insists are Jets 1.2 plus 1.27 to start with; another has Darnold coming to Texans with the 1.2 and other picks.

As I do James Harden I prefer Dashaun remain but it is interesting to discuss options that might occur.
Well, maybe the plan all along was to piss Watson off enough for him to waive his no trade clause and demand a trade so Caserio could start rebuilding the Texans in the Patriots image. Considering the season he just had, Watson's value has never been higher than it is right now.

Caserio could come in and orchestrate, with Watson's full approval, a trade involving Watson while gaining all the picks O'Brien and Easterby squandered and traded away over the last two years. Watt would leave. I think he's as good as gone anyway. Dump as many bad contracts as he can. Start completely all over again with a brand new team. I won't be watching that team but the McNair's and Caserio don't care about that. They'll have plenty of fans left. They'll continue to make money. Which is fine by me, I just won't feel at all connected to their new team.

I read profootballtalk more than most here, and honestly think that Florio's continued attack on Easterby sounds "more to the story" personal. Nobody really cared one way or the other (significantly) when he came out swinging and that was follow by non-Florio negative article (SI I think).
You're right it was a coordinated character assassination on Easterby by PFT/SI/NBC all because JE fired Amy Palcic whom they are liked very much. They were all pissed because she was fired for being openly supportive of Biden. Now I'm not a Biden fan but if this is so, this really worries me about the culture that is infiltrating Kirby Drive. Reminiscent of Scott Pioli's Gestapo Gulag at KC when he was running the show over there.

I mentioned several times how I don't like the guy but I'm not dumb enough to think Florio can't pickup a phone and call almost anyone he wants in the NFL. .....I think we're done.

And I’m not dumb enough to think he doesn’t have some level of connection...just not to the level you apparently think he does b/c he kisses players’ asses on his podcast.

you’re right we’re done, you ain’t changing my mind about him and I’m damn sure not changing yours.

Speaking of someone with connections to the Patroits, Eric Mangini had a pretty horrific idea for the next HC and his coordinators..
"I think it’s Josh McDaniels’ job. I can see Josh McDaniels going there — him and Nick [Caserio] played college football together," he said. "He brought Nick into the league. I could see Matt Patricia being the defensive coordinator, Adam Gase being the offensive coordinator — they worked together at Michigan St. You’ve already got the system in place because it’s been the Patriots system. You’ve got Romeo Crennel there. To me, this is the ideal job for Josh McDaniels because he’s there with a guy he’s absolutely aligned with, who has a six-year contract and you’ve got a quarterback.”

link

That sounds fun, right?

Speaking of someone with connections to the Patroits, Eric Mangini had a pretty horrific idea for the next HC and his coordinators..

link

That sounds fun, right?

man, that would be horrific...but then that’s why Mangini isn’t coaching anywhere right now.

I'm on that site everyday, however admittedly I rarely read Florio's drivel. Just the headlines and immediately to the comments. The comments section is what entertains me.

You're right it was a coordinated character assassination on Easterby by PFT/SI/NBC all because JE fired Amy Palcic whom they are liked very much. They were all pissed because she was fired for being openly supportive of Biden. Now I'm not a Biden fan but if this is so, this really worries me about the culture that is infiltrating Kirby Drive. Reminiscent of Scott Pioli's Gestapo Gulag at KC when he was running the show over there.

Except Florio was on Easterby's butt well before Amy was fired.

October 5, 2020: A question emerges about Jack Easterby’s NFL biography
October 5, 2020: The Bill O’Brien firing puts a spotlight on Jack Easterby

Nov 11, 2020: Houston Texans fire VP of communications Amy Palcic

And just to clarify:

BELIEVE Florio when he's talking about Deshaun Watson rumors.

DO NOT BELIEVE Florio when he's talking about Jack Easterby.

Right? :um:

I think the city would throw a parade for NC if he tu

link

That sounds fun, right?

No wonder he was fired and can’t get another HCing gig. Yuck

Except Florio was on Easterby's butt well before Amy was fired.

October 5, 2020: A question emerges about Jack Easterby’s NFL biography
October 5, 2020: The Bill O’Brien firing puts a spotlight on Jack Easterby

Nov 11, 2020: Houston Texans fire VP of communications Amy Palcic

And just to clarify:

BELIEVE Florio when he's talking about Deshaun Watson rumors.

DO NOT BELIEVE Florio when he's talking about Jack Easterby.

Right? :um:

To be fair I don’t believe Florio on either. :)

yeah its going to take us 3 years to rebuild this mess and by the end of the 3 years watson is gone anyways

so u kinda have to roll the dice keep watson and lets go !!!!! or trade watson and get a NEW QB with draft stock..????

i would only trade with the jags or jets BTW 2 get there pick

Exactly

Was there ever anything official saying Watson was on the search committee?

I'm not question you, I honestly don't know.

Also from what I gather he was on the HC committee. I don't recall if he was on the GM committee.
For the life of me I can't figure out what a player would even look for in a GM and why he would be particularly interested in that hire. It's not as if they will be working together daily like they would with a HC.

Did the new gm really say he doesn't like barbecue?

I've been trying to hold it together but that might be the tipping point.
I don't like or understand him disliking bbq.
However, I'm glad he was straight up about it and didn't coach speak it.
He's been in New England for the last 20 years. Where's he going to get good BBQ there? I probably wouldn't like it either if I had to eat NE BBQ.

How he builds the roster, manages the cap, evaluates talent, sees the draft and free agency, etc. Is he in win now mode? Does he want to build for the future? Acquire more picks or free capspace?

He said he's building for the future. He had a whole analogy for it actually.

Nonetheless he's gonna explain the details of all of that in one barely 1 hour introductory press conference?

When no one even asked any of it?

Back