Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Random Thought of the Day

As per exactly what I learned and posted pre Draft.........Carter has had significant character problems dating back to HS.

Jalen Carter overcame not-great feedback from Georgia coaches to stay in top 10
Posted by Mike Florio on April 28, 2023, 9:15 AM EDT

College coaches who are asked about their former players often face a dilemma. Say nice things about the player who gave multiple years of unpaid service to the program, but who was may not have been an ideal soldier? Or tell the truth?

On one hand, the coaches feel compelled to show loyalty to their players. On the other hand, the coaches have to think about their credibility with NFL coaches and scouts.

When it comes to defensive tackle Jalen Carter, the word making the rounds before the draft was that the Georgia coaches did not have nice things to say. (We specifically decided not to mention any of that until after he was picked, so as not to participate in the pre-draft effort to get guys to fall.)

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media hinted at that last night after Carter became the ninth overall pick in the draft. We’ve heard it more bluntly and strongly. Members of the Georgia coaching staff are not Jalen Carter fans, and they weren’t bashful about saying so.

It’s one of various reasons why Carter — arguably the best player in the draft — slipped to No. 9. But he still landed in the top 10, and he ended up with one of the best teams in the NFL. Now, it’s up to him to write a better chapter in the next phase of his NFL career.

Awful news:

Indeed sad, awful news. The police are holding back details. But if his daughter was roaming around the pool area unattended for at least 4-5 minutes (which is the minimum time it takes to die from a drowning), this is essentially child neglect. Anyone with a small child and swimming pool should always have the pool totally enclosed by a self-locking gate/fence or a pool cover when not attended.

As per exactly what I learned and posted pre Draft.........Carter has had significant character problems dating back to HS.

Jalen Carter overcame not-great feedback from Georgia coaches to stay in top 10
Posted by Mike Florio on April 28, 2023, 9:15 AM EDT

College coaches who are asked about their former players often face a dilemma. Say nice things about the player who gave multiple years of unpaid service to the program, but who was may not have been an ideal soldier? Or tell the truth?

On one hand, the coaches feel compelled to show loyalty to their players. On the other hand, the coaches have to think about their credibility with NFL coaches and scouts.

When it comes to defensive tackle Jalen Carter, the word making the rounds before the draft was that the Georgia coaches did not have nice things to say. (We specifically decided not to mention any of that until after he was picked, so as not to participate in the pre-draft effort to get guys to fall.)

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media hinted at that last night after Carter became the ninth overall pick in the draft. We’ve heard it more bluntly and strongly. Members of the Georgia coaching staff are not Jalen Carter fans, and they weren’t bashful about saying so.

It’s one of various reasons why Carter — arguably the best player in the draft — slipped to No. 9. But he still landed in the top 10, and he ended up with one of the best teams in the NFL. Now, it’s up to him to write a better chapter in the next phase of his NFL career.
I would bet that Carter has a long and productive NFL career.

Prayer service is held for Kim Pegula’s ongoing recovery
Posted by Mike Florio on May 1, 2023, 11:02 AM EDT

Bills co-owner Kim Pegula suffered cardiac arrest last June 7, on her 53rd birthday. Her recovery is ongoing.

Over the weekend, a prayer service was held in the hopes of improving her condition. As explained by Tim O’Shei of the Buffalo News, “Kim Pegula has undergone extensive therapy to heal from the effects of brain damage.”

The only reason he's saying that now is because no team wants to give much for him and the money remaining on his contract is more than he is worth. The problem for the Cards is the cap hit or the dead money.

***********************************************************************************************

DeAndre Hopkins: Who Said I Wanna Go? Who Said I Wanna Leave?

***********************************************************************************************

1682975610822.png

I'll be very interested to hearing the details. A failed ACL surgery or procedure is not necessarily malpractice.............for malpractice to be determined, poor results would need to involve negligence (which could also result from inadequate "informed consent") and/or misconduct.

As a large part of my surgeries over the years have been secondary redo surgeries referred to me by other physicians, I have had to review many lawsuits for malpractice defense attorneys. To maintain my credibility, I never accepted moneys for the reviews (a "hired gun"), nor voluntarily agreed to testify in court for either side. I only testified as a fact witness as to my findings of the patient's condition and why the corrective surgeries were necessary, what the corrective surgeries entailed and what the most likely prognosis for the patient was. Most the lawsuits' basis were actually of poor results alone. Less often there was basis for actual malpractice. In most cases of patients who have come to me for redo surgery, they are very angry at their situation and the surgeon they feel put them there. Many in their anger speak of suing their surgeon. I usually have tried to first calm them down and explain to them that a malpractice lawsuit is more likely to change their life for the worse (especially with the endless involvement of long-term time and stress in depositions during the years leading up to court, if it ever even reaches that point) than for the better.

If Lewan's case has definite merit, I hope that he gets all that he deserves. If merit is not really found, I would hope that his anger does not blind him into greater mental trauma to go with the physical trauma he has already suffered.

PFT
Taylor Lewan says he is filing a lawsuit over his 2020 ACL surgery
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 2, 2023, 11:18 AM EDT

Taylor Lewan was released this offseason after a nine-year career with the Titans, and he says he will file a lawsuit over a knee injury that he thinks has negatively affected his career.

Lewan had surgery in 2020 to repair a torn ACL in his right knee, and he missed all but two games of 2022 with another right knee injury. Although Lewan offered few details, he suggested that a badly done surgery in 2020 led to the injury in 2022.

“I’m in an unfortunate circumstance where I have had to file a lawsuit against the people and entities that are involved with my surgery from October of 2020,” Lewan said in a video he posted on social media. “Since 2020, this has been — it’s sucked. It’s been tough.”

Lewan said he can’t divulge much about the lawsuit but hopes that all the information becomes public.

“When I can I will definitely share more, when I am able to,” he said. “We all know how lawyers work.”

The 31-year-old Lewan hasn’t said whether he will retire or try to keep playing, but after missing 30 games with knee injuries over the last three seasons, retirement seems likely. And Lewan believes that if he had received better medical care, that wouldn’t be the case.

• Sad
Reactions: JB
Henry Ruggs will plead guilty to DUI resulting in death, vehicular manslaughter
Posted by Josh Alper on May 2, 2023, 1:18 PM EDT

Former Raiders first-round pick Henry Ruggs will plead guilty to a pair of charges related to the November 2021 car crash that killed a woman in Las Vegas.

Ruggs’ lawyers waived the right to a preliminary hearing on Tuesday and said that their client will plead guilty to a felony charge of DUI resulting in death and a misdemeanor count of vehicular manslaughter. Ruggs’ lawyers and prosecutors agreed to a deal that calls for Ruggs to go to prison for three to 10 years, although that still needs to be approved by a judge.

“This resolution is conditioned upon the court accepting the stipulations of the parties,” defense attorney David Chesnoff said during the hearing, via the Las Vegas Review-Journal. “In the event that the court does not accept the stipulations, Mr. Ruggs will be permitted to withdraw his guilty plea, proceed to trial and litigate all issues.”

Ruggs is due to appear in front District Judge Jennifer Schwartz on May 10 to formally enter his plea.

************************************************************************************************
************************************************************************************************

Nevada law usually sets punishment for felony charge of DUI resulting with a death at 2-20 years in prison. Ruggs has agreed to this punishment to be adjusted to 3-10 years. The thing that is well known is that the Las Vegas convicted usually are released after the minimum sentence has be reached.

It's interesting to note that in Nov 2021 following the accident, Ruggs made bail and has been under house arrest with an ankle monitor ever since. Ruggs' attorneys have delayed the court dates for his hearing since his arrest. The original date of Ruggs' preliminary hearing was on December 16, 2021. It had been rescheduled to March 10, May 19 and September 7 in 2022, February 1 in 2023...........and now to May 10...............some busy attorneys at work! :shades:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: JB
Henry Ruggs will plead guilty to DUI resulting in death, vehicular manslaughter
Posted by Josh Alper on May 2, 2023, 1:18 PM EDT

Former Raiders first-round pick Henry Ruggs will plead guilty to a pair of charges related to the November 2021 car crash that killed a woman in Las Vegas.

Ruggs’ lawyers waived the right to a preliminary hearing on Tuesday and said that their client will plead guilty to a felony charge of DUI resulting in death and a misdemeanor count of vehicular manslaughter. Ruggs’ lawyers and prosecutors agreed to a deal that calls for Ruggs to go to prison for three to 10 years, although that still needs to be approved by a judge.

“This resolution is conditioned upon the court accepting the stipulations of the parties,” defense attorney David Chesnoff said during the hearing, via the Las Vegas Review-Journal. “In the event that the court does not accept the stipulations, Mr. Ruggs will be permitted to withdraw his guilty plea, proceed to trial and litigate all issues.”

Ruggs is due to appear in front District Judge Jennifer Schwartz on May 10 to formally enter his plea.

Nevada law usually sets punishment for felony charge of DUI resulting with a death at 2-20 years in prison. Ruggs has agreed to this punishment to be adjusted to 3-10 years. The thing that is well known is that the Las Vegas convicted usually are released after the minimum sentence has be reached.

It's interesting to note that in Nov 2021 following the accident, Ruggs made bail and has been under house arrest with an ankle monitor ever since. Ruggs' attorneys have delayed the court dates for his hearing since his arrest. The original date of Ruggs' preliminary hearing was on December 16, 2021. It had been rescheduled to March 10, May 19 and September 7 in 2022, February 1 in 2023...........and now to May 10...............some busy attorneys at work! :shades:

Sweetheart deal for both the sentence and the house arrest on bail.

Just an FYI (something that most dealing with him don't know/understand). There are few that would not argue that Brown is a sociopath/borderline psychopath (both are classified antisocial personality disorder).

1683141651691.png

With that in mind, studies have shown most people mellow out with age, but in the case of psychopaths and those suffering from similar antisocial personality disorders such as sociopaths, bad behavior tends to get worse with age. We certainly can see this playing out with Brown.

YouTube TV NFL Sunday Ticket Add-On: $249. YouTube TV NFL Sunday Ticket + NFL RedZone Add-On: $289. Primetime Channel NFL Sunday Ticket: $349. Primetime Channel NFL Sunday Ticket + NFL RedZone: $389.

My Dad has Youbtube TV. I'd be down with it at $149 or less. I just can't justify $249. I'm not poor, but I'm not wealthy either. $249 is a real investment for me. I'd love to sit back on Sundays and watch the games I prefer, but damn, that's expensive for 17 days out of the year. $15 per Sunday. I just can't make the logic work in my mind.

The only reason he's saying that now is because no team wants to give much for him and the money remaining on his contract is more than he is worth. The problem for the Cards is the cap hit or the dead money.

DeAndre Hopkins: Who Said I Wanna Go? Who Said I Wanna Leave?

View attachment 12029

If I was him, and I wanted a ring, I'd offer to tear up my existing deal and sign a new one...or an extension with way less money in it. Something that would make myself more palatable to a contender.

My Dad has Youbtube TV. I'd be down with it at $149 or less. I just can't justify $249. I'm not poor, but I'm not wealthy either. $249 is a real investment for me. I'd love to sit back on Sundays and watch the games I prefer, but damn, that's expensive for 17 days out of the year. $15 per Sunday. I just can't make the logic work in my mind.
Streaming is free

It’s one of various reasons why Carter — arguably the best player in the draft
I don't know why these draft "experts" continue to say this. If you don't play to the level of "the best player in the draft", how can you be considered the best player in the draft? Carter isn't even the player with the most potential. That would be Anthony Richardson.
I would bet that Carter has a long and productive NFL career.
Tigers don't change their spots. Or is it leopards don't change their stripes? Something like that. Carter will continue to be Carter.

What a horrendous 1st round that turned out to be for many teams. 4 players are out of the league. Half were drafted by Mike Mayock and Jon Gruden (since fired by the Raiders). One died in a car wreck, another is going to prison for killing someone in a car wreck. The other two were just complete morons after being given multiple chances by multiple teams. Pro Bowlers Jalen Hurts, Jonathan Taylor, and Trevon Diggs went in the 2nd round.

Last edited:
5 2023 1st rounders I don't see getting a 5th year option:

1. Anthony Richardson - The experiment will be over in 3 years.
2. Jalen Carter - Half arsing it won't get a 5th year option.
3. Emmanuel Forbes - Will become a nickel CB.
4. Mazi Smith - Just a rotational DT.
5. Bryan Bresee - Ditto.

I don't know why these draft "experts" continue to say this. If you don't play to the level of "the best player in the draft", how can you be considered the best player in the draft? Carter isn't even the player with the most potential. That would be Anthony Richardson.

Tigers don't change their spots. Or is it leopards don't change their stripes? Something like that. Carter will continue to be Carter.

Yeah....never sure a pot of gold makes them smarter.

I'm predicting a Thursday Night Texans vs Colts game. Stroud vs Richardson.

Just read this on the Youtube TV site

Will I be able to get NFL RedZone without NFL Sunday Ticket?

Yes, if you have YouTube TV Base Plan, you can also access NFL RedZone by purchasing Sports Plus on YouTube TV for a monthly fee.
If RedZone is what you want, this may be a cheaper alternative.

Chiefs reportedly will play consecutive years in Germany
Posted by Mike Florio on May 4, 2023, 9:25 AM EDT

Last year, Germany got the old GOAT. This year, and next year, Germany will be getting the new GOAT.
Via the Kansas City Star, the German newspaper Bild reports that the Chiefs will play in Germany not only in 2023 but also in 2024.

Per the report, they’ll host the Bears on November 12 or November 19 in Frankfurt — and then in 2024 they’ll face the Panthers in Munich.

Last year’s Seahawks-Buccaneers game in Germany, featuring Tom Brady in his final (for now) season, was a rousing success. The league already is speaking openly about the possibility of creating a four-team European division.

If/when that happens, two would be in London. At least one of the other two would land in Germany. If not both.

Yep, the best DT on 2 NC teams, Philly is betting a tiger doesn't change his spots.

Yep, the best DT on 2 NC teams
So what? Christian Barmore was the best DT on Bama's 2020 NC team. Much more productive (8 sacks) than Carter. What has he done in 2 years in the league? 4 sacks? That descriptor is meaningless. Carter is an underachiever and his college coaches warned the NFL about him. You could see the lack of effort with your own eyes.

So what? Christian Barmore was the best DT on Bama's 2020 NC team. Much more productive (8 sacks) than Carter. What has he done in 2 years in the league? 4 sacks? That descriptor is meaningless. Carter is an underachiever and his college coaches warned the NFL about him. You could see the lack of effort with your own eyes.

Philly seems to be doing quite well drafting the Georgia guys. I wish the Texans would follow suit.

The Georgia guys that the Eagles have drafted have yet to produce or contribute.

Yep, the Georgia experiment has yet to yield tangible results. Lucky for them, they have plenty of talent from other schools to compensate. Like that Alabama transfer at QB ;)

Kind of ridiculous interaction:

“The head coach was on me the second I got in there,” Skoronski said. “I was giving them generic answers to their questions, and he said, ‘You’re really boring me right now. Your answers are so boring.’ The whole meeting, he kept looking at his computer. I was kind of laughing to myself and said, ‘Sorry, I don’t know what you want me to do. I’m answering you honestly.’”

I'm predicting a Thursday Night Texans vs Colts game. Stroud vs Richardson.

Absoluetly. Either that or one of the Monday night doubleheders. I thought I heard there were going to be 3 of those?

If RedZone is what you want, this may be a cheaper alternative.

Unless you've got no other way to watch Texans games, I don't even know why anyone would bother with Sunday Ticket. I guess if you follow a 2nd team or whatever. Red Zone is THE way to watch the other games.

Absoluetly. Either that or one of the Monday night doubleheders. I thought I heard there were going to be 3 of those?

Unless you've got no other way to watch Texans games, I don't even know why anyone would bother with Sunday Ticket. I guess if you follow a 2nd team or whatever. Red Zone is THE way to watch the other games.
Or if you don't mind watching a day or two after the fact, you can go here and watch any NFL game back to 2019 and any NCAA football game. All free of charge if you have internet. Also XFL and USFL games

Peter Skoronski says Arthur Smith told him, “You’re really boring me” in Combine interview
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 4, 2023, 4:02 PM EDT

Former Northwestern offensive tackle Peter Skoronski was selected by the Titans with the 11th overall pick in the 2023 NFL draft. One team that passed on Skoronski was the Falcons, which may not have been a surprise given the interaction Skoronski had with the Falcons at a Combine interview.

Skoronski told Dan Pompei of TheAthletic.com that Falcons head coach Arthur Smith was openly unimpressed with him when the two talked at the Combine.

“The head coach was on me the second I got in there,” Skoronski said. “I was giving them generic answers to their questions, and he said, ‘You’re really boring me right now. Your answers are so boring.’ The whole meeting, he kept looking at his computer. I was kind of laughing to myself and said, ‘Sorry, I don’t know what you want me to do. I’m answering you honestly.’”

Skoronski also had an interview with Titans coach Mike Vrabel at the Combine, and he says he liked Vrabel’s energy. The feeling was apparently mutual, as the Titans chose the player who bored the Falcons’ coach.

:smiliepalm:

NFL suspends Amani Bledsoe for 17 weeks

The NFL has suspended free agent defensive end Amani Bledsoe for 17 weeks for violating the NFL’s policy on performance enhancing drugs.

Bledsoe began last season with a six-game suspension for PEDs.

He also was suspended by the NCAA for failing a PED test when he was at Oklahoma in 2016. He claimed at the time that he accidentally ingested the banned substance because it was in a tainted protein powder.

The Falcons signed Bledsoe to a futures contract after the 2022 season but waived him last month.

He did not see any action last season, though he did spend some time on the Falcons’ practice squad, and the latest suspension threatens his career.

Bledsoe, 25, played 14 games for the Bengals in 2020 and five with the Titans in 2021. In his career, he has 18 tackles and three passes defensed.

Lamar Jackson suffered a Grade 2 PCL tear that was a "borderline" Grade 3 injury last season and missed 5 of the last games and the playoffs. He opted for nonsurgical treatment. The knee remained unstable until at least March.H e now states that he was fully healed from his PCL injury "probably a month ago." Quite a long recovery for one that should have typically been completed by 16 weeks.

Some of these national NFL QB evaluators would probably take the Wonderlic and the S2 Cognition tests and score <10 on each...........after scoring <25 on the standardized IQ test. :hankpalm:

Breakdown of Scores on an IQ Scale
  • 1 to 24: Profound mental disability.
  • 25 to 39: Severe mental disability.
  • 40 to 54: Moderate mental disability.
  • 55 to 69: Mild mental disability.
  • 70 to 84: Borderline mental disability.
  • 85 to 114: Average intelligence.
  • 115 to 129: Above average or bright.
  • 130 to 144: Moderately gifted.

Back