Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Wonder if the Texans can make a trade for picks?
This last dislocation was lateral.

1660138088839.png

With it, he avulsed a medial chip of patellar [kneecap] bone which is attached to the medial patellofemoral ligament [MPFL] is a part of the complex network of soft tissues that stabilize the knee. The MPFL attaches the medial [inside] part of the patella (the middle 1/3 border) to the long bone of the thigh [femur].

1660137360067.png

This chip will usually be removed and MPFL will be reattached to the patella using an anchor.

1660137004681.png

In a orthopedic study published in the Dec 2007 issue of KNEE, all patients receiving this treatment returned to their pre-injury activity level without any episodes of recurrent dislocation or subluxation at the final follow up (av. 31 months).

Everyone is excited that Godwin was not placed on PUP, and is now practicing. He suffered an ACL week 15 last season. He is not going to be ready for prime time anytime soon. If you look carefully, you will see him wearing a knee brace...........not a compressive soft brace, but a heavy, clunky metal articulated brace. No WR can function effectively with such a brace. He is unlikely to cast it aside soon and participate in contact action [for which this brace offers limited protection anyway]. This seems little more than a photo op. I don't expect Godwin to be out there and playing to whatever decent level he is expected to play before the 2nd half of the season.

Last edited:
Everyone is excited that Godwin was not placed on PUP, and is now practicing. He suffered an ACL week 15 last season. He is not going to be ready for prime time anytime soon. If you look carefully, you will see him wearing a knee brace...........not a compressive soft brace, but a heavy, clunky metal articulated brace. No WR can function effectively with such a brace. He is unlikely to cast it aside soon and participate in contact action [for which this brace offers limited protection anyway]. This seems little more than a photo op. I don't expect Godwin to be out there and playing to whatever decent level he is expected to play before the 2nd half of the season.
oops, I think you pasted the wrong link here

Anyone catch the 1st Qtr Patriots/Giants? How did Mac Jones look? Any evidence of “struggling” that’s been reported?

Malik Willis had some highlights & at least one wow throw running to his left with a defender in his face

This is great! Aidan Hutchinson on Hard Knocks doing Billie Jean for the team as a rookie.

SB Nation: Aidan Hutchinson’s ‘Billie Jean’ karaoke on ‘Hard Knocks’ was so good a teammate ripped off his clothes.

That is awesome! The team looks like they are building chemistry!! The teammates joining in on the chorus and everything.

Looks familiar. Country Club at its finest. Pro sports do a great job of non inclusion. Not critical of your post, but they let Jerry Jones use charge cards to purchase the Cowboys and the wealthiest black man in america who would be the 4th wealthiest owner in the nfl can't get a sniff.

Just out of sheer curiosity I googled that .... (Wealthiest black man in America).

I got a kinda conflicting answer:

• Aliko Dangote, $13.5 billion. Nigeria
  • Mike Adenuga, $9.1 billion. Nigeria
  • Robert Smith, $5 billion.
  • David Steward, $4 billion.
  • Abdul Samad Rabiu, $3.2 billion. Nigeria
  • Kanye West, $3.1 billion.
  • Oprah Winfrey, $2.7 billion.
  • Strive Masiyiwa, $2.4 billion. Zimbabwe
But the bolded aren't American, they are either Nigerian or Zimbabwean

That would place Smith @ #14 just ahead of Tampa Bay Buccaneers Glazer family with a net worth: $4.7 billion.
NFL's richest owners ranked from 32 to 1 (Updated 2022) (profootballnetwork.com)

I didn't realize that Kanye was that wealthy .... thought Oprah was closer to the top.

Not at all to knock your point, I was simply curious ..... and thought I'd share what I found.

That's not NFLPA's job. They're there to protect their members, and they're not trying to hide it.

That's not completely true.

They are there to protect the best interest of "the collective", not particularly individual players.

The collective's interests don't always line up with those of specific individuals and or individual cases.

I don't see them sticking their collective necks out too far for Watson who was clearly outside of not only their code of conduct but any decent human being's code.

On July 26, Joe Burrow underwent a routine appendectomy. Something must have gone wrong, as he ended up with a PICC line (a special intravenous line placed for the purpose of delivering serious antibiotic treatment). Antibiotics today are hardly ever used in routine appendectomies. Cases like this are typically a result of the surgical technique. Aggressive handling of the appendix or when the appendix was tied off and cut, it was done in such a way to allow leakage of bacterial-ladenbowel contents. Hopefully, he does not experience a delayed postoperative intra-abdominal abscess.

1660323758526.png

Joe Burrow's appendectomy [July 26] apparently did have a significant hitch. He required 9 days of intravenous antibiotic treatments via a picc line following his surgery. Antibiotics are not routinely a part of an appendectomy regimen. His conditioning will be the limiting factor now. But, barring any additional problems, week 1 should still be a reasonable target.

Just out of sheer curiosity I googled that .... (Wealthiest black man in America).

I got a kinda conflicting answer:

• Aliko Dangote, $13.5 billion. Nigeria
  • Mike Adenuga, $9.1 billion. Nigeria
  • Robert Smith, $5 billion.
  • David Steward, $4 billion.
  • Abdul Samad Rabiu, $3.2 billion. Nigeria
  • Kanye West, $3.1 billion.
  • Oprah Winfrey, $2.7 billion.
  • Strive Masiyiwa, $2.4 billion. Zimbabwe
But the bolded aren't American, they are either Nigerian or Zimbabwean

That would place Smith @ #14 just ahead of Tampa Bay Buccaneers Glazer family with a net worth: $4.7 billion.
NFL's richest owners ranked from 32 to 1 (Updated 2022) (profootballnetwork.com)

I didn't realize that Kanye was that wealthy .... thought Oprah was closer to the top.

Not at all to knock your point, I was simply curious ..... and thought I'd share what I found.
Them Yeezy's and his investments did wonders for him along with Tidal. Dude is a mad genius

Reactions: JB
Great news for those suffering.

As much money the NFL makes that can give more to the ones who made the as great as it is sometimes - the retired referees and players. They gave their bodies and minds to this entertainment.
Yeah, a couple of my buddies are still in good shape ,just aches and pains of aging. Those old guys with the true 2 a days that played in the 60s,70,80s,and somewhat 90s are so good. I was at a golf tourney with Lamar Lathon, dude looks like he still can go get the qb. Andre Ware looks great also.

Looking at video, Zach Wilson looks to have suffered an ACL. Reported as a "knee injury." Will await confirmation.
Hope your Friday night was better than Zach Wilson’s
Jets’ QB suffers non-contact injury during scramble in preseason game, MRI scheduled for Saturday
By Sean Beckwith
35 minutes ago

Zach Wilson was injured during the Jets preseason gamePhoto: AP

Zach Wilson may have avoided serious disaster after leaving Friday’s preseason game with a pronounced limp from a non-contact injury. Head coach Robert Saleh said the franchise’s young quarterback will undergo an MRI today, but sources are saying he reinjured his PCL and could miss only a few weeks.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Again by the above video, this injury was sustained non-contact while running..........classic mechanism for an ACL injury.

A PCL is not typically a non-contact injury. The PCL in football is typically injured when the player falls forward and lands hard on a bent knee, many times with the extra weight of another player on top of him. This is the same type of injury that occurs in a car accident when the fron of the bent knee is driven into the dashboard.

Here is a video of Wilson's previous 2021 PCL tear, which perfectly demonstrates the classic PCL injury mechanism.

Personal thought…..Jets experiment with Zach Wilson will come to a end during or after the 2022 season. They will be in a QB hunt when the 2023 NFL Draft kicks off.

Great news for those suffering.

As much money the NFL makes that can give more to the ones who made the as great as it is sometimes - the retired referees and players. They gave their bodies and minds to this entertainment.
Agreed and I'm glad they're going to get their money.

But questions I have is how many of these guys would've gotten dementia anyways?

Are we all created equal mentally coming out of the womb?

Did the players know the risk of banging heads 16-20 times a year since they were probably 12 yrs old? Or should they have known these risks?

Zach Wilson has been reported to have a significant bone bruise with a meniscus tear. The teams is reporting that he will undergo arthroscopic "meniscus trim" resulting in only a 2-4 week recovery. The mechanism for ACL rupture was definitedly there, but the turf on the field was loose enough for Wilson's foot being able to avoid being stuck and his knee twisted. That's the only thing that saved him from an ACL.

Two to four weeks is a very optimistic prognosis. Depending on the severity of the bone bruise alone, at least 1-2 months can be expected before healing. As far as the meniscus trim, this is how Clowney's "journey" began. Until the arthroscopic is performed the exact extent of the meniscus damage will not be known. Likewise, the presence or absence of articular damage may not be determined acccurately until then.

But questions I have is how many of these guys would've gotten dementia anyways?

Did the players know the risk of banging heads 16-20 times a year since they were probably 12 yrs old? Or should they have known these risks?
Its not so much of not knowing the risk as it is the nfl denying it to be such a thing. Kinda like tobacco and the asbestos thing. For years, tobacco swore up and down nicotine wasn't addictive. Then the study shows otherwise its addictive and they had to pay money.

Player agent Todd France of Athletes First is in hot water. The U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals ruled this week that France “committed fraud” during a previous arbitration of a claim by agent Jason Bernstein over receiver Kenny Golladay’s switch from Bernstein to France in 2019 while with the Detroit Lions. That was first reported by Jason Morrin of Conduct Detrimental. Bernstein was suspicious because of an autograph signing Golladay had participated in — and Bernstein had not arranged — three days prior to the termination of their relationship. France denied during arbitration that he’d been involved in the autograph signing, but the circuit court found that he was behind it. People in the league are curious what discipline France could possibly face with the grievance going back to the NFL Players’ Association. He is a major player in the player representation space. …

Its not so much of not knowing the risk as it is the nfl denying it to be such a thing. Kinda like tobacco and the asbestos thing. For years, tobacco swore up and down nicotine wasn't addictive. Then the study shows otherwise its addictive and they had to pay money.
People knew the risks of smoking too. At least my dad did.

So if you know the risk even though the NFL/Tabacco people deny it, who's really at fault?

Reactions: JB
Trevor Simeon looked good today. & Nathan Peterman… dude looks like a QB, crying shame an NFL coach can’t make a starter out of him.

We are not created equally coming out of the womb. But that isn’t because of race you are born into. The test implied that. Which is probably illegal.

That’s the issue.

People knew the risks of smoking too. At least my dad did.

So if you know the risk even though the NFL/Tabacco people deny it, who's really at fault?

No, for the longest time people didn't really know the risks of smoking. They were told by big tobacco that it was harmless, beneficial in fact. And people only in recent years have begun to really understand the longer term effects of sustained head trauma, in particular CTE. The latter of which no on could've known about when the guys being discussed here were active participants.

So between suppressing the truth and flat out making fraudulent claims otherwise both big tobacco and the nfl were deemed liable, and because well duh.

No, for the longest time people didn't really know the risks of smoking. They were told by big tobacco that it was harmless, beneficial in fact. And people only in recent years have begun to really understand the longer term effects of sustained head trauma, in particular CTE. The latter of which no on could've known about when the guys being discussed here were active participants.

So between suppressing the truth and flat out making fraudulent claims otherwise both big tobacco and the nfl were deemed liable, and because well duh.
Yep. The used to call it seeing stars, but in fact it was a concussion. Dude gets laid out, damn near dead, medical staff give a dude smelling salt, whatever that was, and he's back in the game. When those older players started having problems in their brain and presented it to the nfl, they brushed it off like it wasn't possible.

Not the truth when it comes to smoking and my family.

If people don't think that getting in multiple car wrecks 16-20 weeks out of the yr won't cause CTE or even worse injures, then maybe they weren't that bright to begin with. Did they also know that taking anabolic steroids would be detrimental to their health? Mensa candidates.

Nope they played ball and took drugs to get stronger/faster for the money. Now that the chickens are coming home to roost they want to get paid for their issues. BTW, I do believe ex players that have played 4-5 years should get medical benefits.

Yep. The used to call it seeing stars, but in fact it was a concussion. Dude gets laid out, damn near dead, medical staff give a dude smelling salt, whatever that was, and he's back in the game. When those older players started having problems in their brain and presented it to the nfl, they brushed it off like it wasn't possible.

Like they didn't know they were damaging their brains. If not, they only had 1/2 a brain to begin with.

Like they didn't know they were damaging their brains. If not, they only had 1/2 a brain to begin with.
If everyone knew you could get cancer from 2nd hand smoke, why did they allow it on airplanes? In the 80s, nobody knew about the long term damage of football, especially to the brain when they taught to use your head alot. That doesn't mean guys wouldn't play, especially the ones from impoverished backgrounds. The issue again is the nfl denied it when the knew better.

#1 (J.C. Jackson) and #6 (Kenny Moore) were both UDFAs picked up by the Patriots in 2017/2018. Pretty impressive UDFA scouting… would have been even more impressive had the Pats held onto Moore instead of trying to sneak him on the practice squad for Colts to snatch:

#1 (J.C. Jackson) and #6 (Kenny Moore) were both UDFAs picked up by the Patriots in 2017/2018. Pretty impressive UDFA scouting… would have been even more impressive had the Pats held onto Moore instead of trying to sneak him on the practice squad for Colts to snatch:

I think JC Jackson benefitted from the Hoodie effect. All those cb's played alot better under Hoodie than anywhere else. Malcolm Butler falls into this also. I mean, that's his area of strength, that's where he cut his teeth. My cousin was drafted in the 5th rd last year and I told him he couldn't have went to a better situation as a db.

Not the truth when it comes to smoking and my family.

If people don't think that getting in multiple car wrecks 16-20 weeks out of the yr won't cause CTE or even worse injures, then maybe they weren't that bright to begin with. Did they also know that taking anabolic steroids would be detrimental to their health? Mensa candidates.

Nope they played ball and took drugs to get stronger/faster for the money. Now that the chickens are coming home to roost they want to get paid for their issues. BTW, I do believe ex players that have played 4-5 years should get medical benefits.
You're looking at it from hindsight 20/20 my friend. Every law has a name on it for a reason. You're talking like new information has been here from them the outset. Why you think kids don't ride in the back of pickup trucks anymore? Why you think there are full belts across the shoulders vs lap belts. The car wrecks you speak of with the collisions where not spoken of in the 70s and 80s. It wasn't until guys started committing suicide because they had these terrible headaches and they couldn't remember their kids names.There is a reason youth football participation is down from normal numbers. Even when the new claims came in, nfl denied it like it wasn't possible or didn't happen.

I think JC Jackson benefitted from the Hoodie effect. All those cb's played alot better under Hoodie than anywhere else. Malcolm Butler falls into this also. I mean, that's his area of strength, that's where he cut his teeth. My cousin was drafted in the 5th rd last year and I told him he couldn't have went to a better situation as a db.

Bledsoe, S, in the 6th round of 2021?

Back