Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Suggs with a big sack. I’m still wondering why the Texans didn’t sign him. Maybe I’m missing some key information of why he slipped past the Texans and to the Chiefs?

Well, well, well.....that dumbarse loss to the Broncos is looming pretty large at the moment. If the Texans had won that game, they could be playing for the 2 seed and a first round bye.
Its a non issue for mine - they still rest their injured warriors by virtue of clinching last week.

Wow. The 9ers Seahawks game lived up to the hype. Seahawks literally lost by an inch or less. Really could have went either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They had a really stupid delay of game penalty that probably cost them the game

Seahawks fans will be talking about the non-PI, or the receiver broke the plane of the goal line... but the Seahawks should control what they can. That delay of game was inexcusable. I think they win if it didn't happen.

Reactions: JB
Wow. The 9ers Seahawks game lived up to the hype. Seahawks literally lost by an inch or less. Really could have went either way.

Seahawks fans will be talking about the non-PI
And the Saints get indirectly screwed again by a NON PI call. Cost them a bye and the 2 seed.

Brandon Brooks was reported to have an A/C shoulder separation. But by description, it seems more like a severe dislocation with labrum pobably torn.......and possible fracture. Would not be surprised if it requires surgery and his season is over.

With no dog in the fight, that game was more exciting than any Texans game I've seen in the last couple of years or more.

With no dog in the fight, that game was more exciting than any Texans game I've seen in the last couple of years or more.

Saints game was pretty good, despite losing. Eagles last season as well. Unfortunately, why does it seem like we lose the exciting games?

The team doctor was checking the knee on the Chiefs #22...............looked like a positive drawer test where the tibia is moving abnormally forward from the femur while the knee is bent..............consistent with ACL.
MRI just confirmed that Thornhill suffered an ACL yesterday..................ACL #30.

Reactions: ROO
So we are now well below the average for ACLs in recent years and, I dunno what conclusions if any do you draw from that C&D ?
I answered this question (I believe posted by JB) a while back, but this search engine hasn't been cooperative in recovering it. Maybe you or someone else has the time to look for it.

Although the team has not identified the exact injury(ies), Brooks is booked for surgery rather than placed in a shoulder harness to play through the playoffs..........therefore, it tells me that the dislocation probably not only involved a torn labrum, but also a fracture of glenoid socket (shoulder socket) and/or a rotator cuff.............anywhere from a 6-9 month recovery will be announced following surgery if this is the case.

Glenoid fracture:

1577768826749.png

The rotator cuff is anatomically made up of a complex of muscles and tendons which serve to stabilize the shoulder joint by keeping the head (ball) of the humerus firmly in the socket of the shoulder:

1577769542216.png

You can see by the relationship of the rotator cuff to the shoulder joint, how a severe dislocation of the head of the humerus out of the socket would tear the rotator cuff muscles/tendons:

1577769286344.png

Steelers QB Mason Rudolph somehow thought he sustained a dislocated shoulder, when in fact he suffered a posterior sternoclavacular dislocation (similar to Tyreek Hill's injury which I described in the Injury report when we played the Chiefs)...........he had it reduced in the hospital when he remained for observation. The fact that he tried to play through it 2 more plays, things could have turned out fatal. Had he been hit in the chest once again, the clavicular segment could have been pushed pushed even more posteriorly puncturing his aorta, leaving him dead in a matter of seconds.

Last edited:
Unreal how some believe a long-term egocentric sociopath will turn it around.

Antonio Brown: Workout was a “publicity stunt” for the Saints
December 31, 2019, 11:57 AM EST

Antonio Brown has gotten so good at burning bridges he’s now burning bridges that have yet to be even built.
In a video posted to social media shot while getting in some cardio, Brown addressed his recent workout with the Saints, in a not-so-flattering way for the Saints.

“I know I got a really crusty tone lately,” Brown says. “But really I’m at peace. I just don’t like the lack of respect in the world. You know, everyone has deadlines. I guess the NFL don’t have a deadline for me, so. I appreciate Sean Payton and them guys for supporting me and bringing me out to work out. But I think it was a publicity stunt for them. Sean Payton know the feeling of being left behind, not being able to interact with his team. I don’t have a team. But it is what it is. We don’t seek comfort. We don’t make excuses. I’m [going to] just keep committing to be the difference. ‘Cause I know I’m the difference.”

It was hardly a publicity stunt for the Saints. They’re looking at options to get better. Indeed, they reportedly told Brown not to bring an entourage to the workout, in order to reduce the surrounding publicity. He brought an entourage anyway.

That being said, if so many vets/starters were being rested, why not Gipson our best secondary player and Joseph our oldest secondary player?
Just posting off the top of my head, if I have the exact number wrong, someone please correct. But league rules stipulate you can have only a limited number of players on the inactive list. I believe the number is 7. So it would come down to a choice of who should be rested.

Just posting off the top of my head, if I have the exact number wrong, someone please correct. But league rules stipulate you can have only a limited number of players on the inactive list. I believe the number is 7. So it would come down to a choice of who should be rested.
The number is 7 (It used to be 8 when the "third QB rule" was in play before the 2011 CBA). It was meant for players that may be too injured to play in that game, but not so injured that they need to be put on Injured Reserve and miss the rest of the season.........or players just not felt to be productive or need a rest. but it was theoretically meant to keep teams more balanced, so that one team having 1 injured player that cannot play does not have a significant advantage over a team that has 6 injured players that cannot play. There is an active roster of 46 out of 53 on the roster.

But these limits do not bar an injured player or a player felt to benefit from rest being on the game day active roster...........and be held out from playing. Players such as Gipson and Joseph could have been handled that way.

Just as a historical note, back in the day, the active roster limit of 45 had been in place a long time. The inactive list has been a more "recent" addition. It used to be 45 period. However teams were allowed to reactivate payers from the IR list back then. The number of reactivations was limited to around 5 for the season. The inactive list was a replacement of that system. It created a place to carry players with short term injures.

Bryan Broaddus who is well connected thinks Garrett will be fired today or tomorrow.
What is apparently not common knowledge in this equation is that Jerry on a personal level, has come to see himself as a very endearing father figure to Garrett..........something that will make firing Garret very difficult, especially without finding him another position in the Cowboys organization.

Yes, there's a finite number of inactives you can have, but that doesn't mean everyone suited up has to play. Hopkins was active Sunday because there was no more room on the inactive list, but he, of course, did not play. Those 7 snaps JJo played could have easily gone to someone else and no difference would have been made, other than having a healthy JJo this week.

Gipson, however, played 48 snaps (77%). Reid played 33!! I get that you can't hold everyone out because you still need bodies to play a game, but Adams and Moore played just 24 snaps combined.

pIIo1HD.jpg

Redskins introduce Ron Rivera as head coach, say he will have broad authority

In the final weeks
of the regular season,

By
Les Carpenter and
Scott Allen
Jan. 2, 2020 at 5:20 p.m. CST

Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder introduced his new head coach, Ron Rivera, on Thursday and said he was changing the way the team has been run. Power, he said, would no longer come from the team owner, president or general manager.

“We’re going to have one voice and one voice alone, and that’s going to be the coach’s,” Snyder said.

Rivera said Snyder told him in meetings over the past few weeks that he wanted the Redskins to be more like the New England Patriots, Kansas City Chiefs and Seattle Seahawks, franchises where the coach has much of the final say about which players to sign, draft, cut and play.

While Rivera tried to insist he wouldn’t be “omnipotent” and would work collaboratively with the other football executives, it was clear Snyder hired him to be the most powerful person in the team’s facility.

Rivera said Snyder has "explored the reasons why some teams win and some teams don’t.”
“He told me the common factor in that transitional success, of teams like the Patriots, the Seahawks and the Chiefs and some of the other ones, was the decision to take it and make it a coach-centered approach,” Rivera told reporters. “Not an owner-centered approach or a team president or a GM but a coach-centered approach.”

Loved the hire. Didn't think Rivera would be sitting at home lone.
I really loved when he said he would make a plan to develop Haskins into a franchise QB. But it won't happen over night, its a process.

I dunno why didn't he mention the Texans as an example of an NFL organization where the HC has most of the control ?
I like Rivera to but obviously no chance of him coming here now.

Back