Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Moulds Trade Official

Iroquois Joe said:
Hall of Famer is a bit of a reach at this point. If he had consistancy behind centre in Buffalo his years there, he'd be a likely candidate.
If he has 4 good years and the Texans go deep into the playoffs or even to the SB with him being a factor, he'll be on the list, but he's not a shoe-in now.

True, he's not a shoe-in, but if he has 3-5 more very productive years he will be in the top 10 in just about every receiving category. It is a lot harder to get into the football HOF compared to other sports. I'm amazed that receivers like Cris Carter, Irving Fryar and Art Monk haven't made it, looking at their numbers.

Trade 3rds, in that round I think the Bills have the 11th and the texans the 3rd pick. Then give the 5th. It's a better deal for you than the 4th and the Bills save face and walk away happy.
I should be on the negotiating team, why did'nt anyone call me?!?!?

the wonger need food said:
I can't believe that people are questioning this move. He is the first guaranteed (for the most part) Hall of Famer to consider playing for this organization. If he plays another 5-7 years here and gets some playoff wins he could possibly go in as a Texan.

Let's not forget, this is his last contract (major one anyway) he can strike payday on. We will be lucky if he plays more than 2 years here. The $5 million signing bonus is what is attracting him here to Houston. Don't get me wrong, he is deserving of it for what he can bring here.

The problem is not with Moulds, the problem is with Levy thinking he is in a position to get the moon. he should jsut settle for the clouds and take the Highest 5th pick he will ever receive from any team.

The part I am a bit scared about is if they happen to squash the deal because of Levy in Buffalo and they do release him because they cannot take him any longer. Texans will not be in a position for a bidding war to get him. there will be too many other teams that have mega cap space still and will still have more waiting for that June 1st cut date.

GIT R DUN!!!

If we're still refusing to give up that #4 pick, we need to just do it. It's not just like having a #3. It's just like having the first pick in the fourth round is what it is. He's worth more than that. I'm afraid we're going to blow this deal by being cheap.

HJam72 said:
If we're still refusing to give up that #4 pick, we need to just do it. It's not just like having a #3. It's just like having the first pick in the fourth round is what it is. He's worth more than that. I'm afraid we're going to blow this deal by being cheap.
We will agree to disagree on this point. The 1st pick of the 2nd day is a very valuable pick. There will most likely be quite a few teams that are willing to trade up to this spot to get the guy that slipped through the 1st day. Don't get me wrong, I like Moulds, but I think that 1st pick in the 4th round, is too valuable to give up at this point.

HJam72 said:

I agree with you on that but the Bills are either going to have a 5th round draft pick or no draft pick.

HJam72 said:

I disagree. Hold out and make the Bills sweat it a little bit. They will cave and accept the 5th round pick. There is no chance he returns to the Bills and no other team has shown the interest we have. So if they don't take it they will lose him for nothing.

And the first pick of the 4th round is a NICE pick. You get to go home and evaluate day one and everyone left. Many times you find someone who has slipped down that is a STEAL.

Don't forget DD was a 4th round pick...

vtech9 said:
We will agree to disagree on this point. The 1st pick of the 2nd day is a very valuable pick. There will most likely be quite a few teams that are willing to trade up to this spot to get the guy that slipped through the 1st day. Don't get me wrong, I like Moulds, but I think that 1st pick in the 4th round, is too valuable to give up at this point.

Will not. We will disagree to agree to disagree on this point. :)

No, the truth is I've never really followed drafts at all, so I don't know much. I'm just frustrated because I heard way back on Thursday (when people exptected it to happen any minute) that this would be done sometime Monday. I still think he's worth more than that, but what do I know. :idonno:

We need to stand our ground with the 5th. In these types of trades, the actual player is the one driving the deal. If we only offer a 5th and Moulds does not work a deal with another team, the Bills will either have to take our offer or cut the player inwhich the get nothing and still have to pay Moulds any signing bonus still owed. No other team will offer the Bills anything close to our offer if they can not rework his deal.

i also think Moulds sounds like a professional, he wants to get in and start working with a team. If he is released i doubt he wants to go through a lengthy free agency. I figure he just signs the contract and goes forward.

Bearfan Blue and Orange said:
LWe will be lucky if he plays more than 2 years here.

IMO there is every chance he could play out a 4 year contract. WR's who stay in shape are playing later and later. Joey Galloway at 35 had almost 1300 yds last year. Donald Driver 31, Marvin Harrison 33, Terry Glenn 32, Rod Smith 36, Eddie Kennison 33, Derrick Mason 32, and Jimmy Smith 37 were all top 20 WR's last year--that's 8 out of the top 18 over 30 years old.

If Warren Moon was worth a 3rd rounder, then it stands to reason that Eric Moulds would be worth a 5th rounder.

First aren't they one of the "poor" teams that we have to pay welfare money to? They should give us a BREAK!!!

At least compromise. Switch fourths and trade the 5th.

Don't mess things up by injecting logic into it.

It's funny reading the Moulds saga on the Bills pages. They believe that they are in the driver's seat and if we don't offer a 3rd that they'll just keep him. On our end of the world it's an argument between the 4th and the 5th. In their end of the world it's between the 3rd and the 4th. There is no way the Texans give up a 3rd. I'm happy they are standing pat with the 5th. The Bills are against the wall. Moulds doesn't want to stay. He's been asked to divert salary/take a pay cut for 3 straight years (I think) and the team really hasn't done much to improve itself. This year he refused. The Bills don't want to pay him the $10 million this year so what purpose would it serve them to keep him? I don't see him in their plans with Reed, Parrish, and Evans. If any other team was going to give a 4th round pick they would have swooped in already. This type of trade is what separates the adults from the children. The Bills stole a 3rd from the Tacks for Travis Henry. Let's hope they don't rob us of a 4th.

[[Gary Kubiak]] said:
Hahah and I would be Charley Casserly, LMAO while beating you with a lead pipe!

All in Good fun Iraqious!!! :redtowel: :redtowel:
Lead pipe?
How about dueling it it out with apples on whippy sticks!

I just read about Moulds becomming a free agent and signing him then from one poster.

With no need to give up a valuable pick, maybe the Eagles or some other contender will decide to bid for his services, y'all could be out of the running.

But then, he may have signed an agreement, but I suppose that is contingent on whether or not Marv Levy and company agree.

TexanBacker93 said:
If any other team was going to give a 4th round pick they would have swooped in already. This type of trade is what separates the adults from the children. The Bills stole a 3rd from the Tacks for Travis Henry. Let's hope they don't rob us of a 4th.

Yeah they're being greedy considering they already have an extra 3rd. Must have gone to their head or something because they won't take a 5th over squadush. Just because Floyd Reese got duped doesn't mean we should give up a relatively high pick when no one else in the league is even willing to come close to our offer.

Ultimately, it's going to come down to who is willing to make a sacrifice. I think Levy looks worse if he releases Moulds and gets nothing for him than Casserly does for holding his position. Yeah, the Texans might not be able to get him if he's a free agent, but I'd rather have that 4th round pick right now.

On ESPNEWS Hotlist, their headlines just had 'Moulds traded to Texans'
I havent found it anywhere else yet, and the report has not come on yet to know what we gave buffalo. i will post it when i see it.

i didnt want to add this to the other moulds post because more people would probably see it as a new thread.

dhaNim said:
On ESPNEWS Hotlist, their headlines just had 'Moulds traded to Texans'
I havent found it anywhere else yet, and the report has not come on yet to know what we gave buffalo. i will post it when i see it.

i didnt want to add this to the other moulds post because more people would probably see it as a new thread.

Unfortunately, we still don't know if it's the 4th or 5th.

This is the ESPN article..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2396697

"I knew Andre Johnson and always wanted to play with him," Moulds said Tuesday. "He's an up and coming receiver, and I felt like the team is on a rise. This is a chance to start new, and an opportunity to play close to home where I grew up."

Sounds like he will be willing to take AJ under his wing.

I dunno which signing I like better.. Moulds or Flanagan or Weaver. This has been an awesome offseason so far. The draft is gonna be icing on the cake.

I've officially flip-flopped from my trade down position the power of Reggie brings in players who know we're about to be bustin'. We have to take Reggie to oblige these guys in their twilight.

Bills | Moulds traded to Texans
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:05:13 -0700

ESPNews reports the Houston Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds has been traded to the Houston Texans. Details of the trade are still unknown.

Texans | Team acquires Moulds
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 11:56:50 -0700

ESPNews reports the Houston Texans have traded for Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds. Details of the trade are still unknown.
Per KFFL.com:yahoo:

Best move of the off-season!

Flanagan at Center is a close 2nd.

why didn't they fill those two glaring holes years ago ?

Its nice to see them finally going after guys that will upgrade us, and right away.

Welcome to the Texans E-Moulds, I hope you and AJ kick some serious ***** together

throwANDREtheBALL said:
Best move of the off-season!

Flanagan at Center is a close 2nd.

why didn't they fill those two glaring holes years ago ?

Its nice to see them finally going after guys that will upgrade us, and right away.

Welcome to the Texans E-Moulds, I hope you and AJ kick some serious ***** together

They gave Bradford way too much credit for what he was capable of instead of seeing that he couldn't be counted on too actually do it. McKinney staying at center baffled me. I really don't know what they were thinking.

KFFL said:
Texans | Team might have traded fourth- or fifth-round draft choice
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:30:45 -0700

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the HT are believed to have given a second day draft choice, either a fourth- or fifth-round pick, to the Buffalo Bills in exchange for WR Eric Moulds.

Bills | Team might have received fourth- or fifth-round draft choice
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:30:03 -0700

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Buffalo Bills are believed to have received a second day draft choice, either a fourth- or fifth-round pick, in exchange for Houston Texans WR Eric Moulds.

That's good to hear :)

This trade for us is comparable to the TO trade for Dallas. They have a guy that will have an impact and matches their mold and now so do we. In some ways I like our deal better. We have spent a lot less and gotten may be just as much if not more. All indications are Mould is a team player and will help us improve people like AJ and others. This also helps given the fact that our WR coach is very young. I've worried about that, but I think the Moulds signing helps us in that regard to.

Again, I can't wait to see the next piece to the puzzle. Our coaches, Casserly and McNair all seem to be on the same page and it really is exciting. I hope Moulds says and does what he says. He stated he wanted to get here and start working out. I would love all of our receivers and Carr throwing as much as they can every day and getting to know each other like the back of their hands. Getting use to each others speeds and quirks. That's what makes the great combinations, not training camp.

TexanFan881 said:
as long as it's not a third (which is very unlikely) I'm happy.

ESPN says that it is a second day draft pick. either a 4th or 5th round.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2396697

The timing was perfect because Moulds was already in Houston. He reached an agreement on a four-year, $14 million contract that includes a $5 million signing. Terms of the trade weren't known but it is believed to a second day draft choice, either a fourth- or a fifth round in 2006.

GREAT JOB CHARLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:redtowel: :redtowel:

Ibar_Harry said:
This trade for us is comparable to the TO trade for Dallas. They have a guy that will have an impact and matches their mold and now so do we. In some ways I like our deal better. We have spent a lot less and gotten may be just as much if not more. All indications are Mould is a team player and will help us improve people like AJ and others. This also helps given the fact that our WR coach is very young. I've worried about that, but I think the Moulds signing helps us in that regard to.

Again, I can't wait to see the next piece to the puzzle. Our coaches, Casserly and McNair all seem to be on the same page and it really is exciting. I hope Moulds says and does what he says. He stated he wanted to get here and start working out. I would love all of our receivers and Carr throwing as much as they can every day and getting to know each other like the back of their hands. Getting use to each others speeds and quirks. That's what makes the great combinations, not training camp.

Good post, and I agree especially about the part of working out together with Carr. This is exciting stuff.

I think we are going to get Bush in the draft, I have always wanted to trade down, but I am starting to change my mind ever so slightly. After FA and Bush's pro day, I am really starting to like the idea. And we got the draft STILL, We need one or two more OL and a CB.:yahoo:

Back