Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Moulds Trade Official

O.G.

Waterboy
Just watched Sports Sunday on Fox 26 and The Texans are one of the teams Moulds either would like to be traded with or would like to sign with once released.

johnny_tlmn said:
And we're signin' DE Kaluae from the eagles thats so awesome:yahoo:

Thanks, I did fail to mention that. If we happen to pick up Moulds, I think that would be it for our free agency and we would address all other needs in the draft. I must say this has been our busiest offseason.

Kalu went to Rice, so I can see his reasons coming here.

Moulds would definitley make a perfect addition, but he's going to be really expensive.

Wait for him to be released. His contract this year is in the 8 million dollar range. Plus, he's also indicated he definitley wants out of Buffalo.

TEXANS84 said:
Wait for him to be released. His contract this year is in the 8 million dollar range. Plus, he's also indicated he definitley wants out of Buffalo.

I was looking at the same thing. I can't see us assuming his contract given his lenght of time in the league. He looks like he is on the down hill side. We are not cash and cap space rich at the present time. Again, besides beating us Buffalo didn't do much, so may be still has some left in the tank.

I kind of like what we already have and would only want to sign some one who is clearly heads and shoulders above everyone else at the present time. We are going to need quite a bit of money for the draft. If we can pick some one up just because they want to be a Texan, then we might get them at a better price.

TEXANS84 said:

My thought is to give up a second day pick for him. They know he can't be coveted for too much and if they want something out of the deal, most won't offer too much. Or the people that would, wouldn't be the teams he would be interested in. IMO

Do not see any, probably because it really is not newsworthy. Aside from him going to Rice, what is there to be excited about? 8 sacks in 2002 were nice.

Moulds is on the decline, he's 32 will be 33 when season starts. Teams will not throw money at him.

He will get Isaac Bruce money, 3 yr 15 million. No where near what Burleson got, Randel El, Givens, etc.

He will be a solid veteren number 2 receiver for us if he come at around that price. 55 receptions 700 yard type wr. But don't expect the Eric Moulds of old. If he come and shows longevity like Rod Smith in Denver, we would be getting a major steal. But i would offer him 3yr 15 million, anything more than that, i wouldn't take him.

ND Kalu would just add depth, nothing fancy, Depth is good. That mean for the Super Mario Fans, we will not be drafting him, sorry to burst your bubble, we simply would be carrying too many DE's.

Trapped said:
Moulds is on the decline, he's 32 will be 33 when season starts. Teams will not throw money at him.

He will get Isaac Bruce money, 3 yr 15 million. No where near what Burleson got, Randel El, Givens, etc.

He will be a solid veteren number 2 receiver for us if he come at around that price. 55 receptions 700 yard type wr. But don't expect the Eric Moulds of old.

ND Kalu would just add depth, nothing fancy, Depth is good. That mean for the Super Mario Fans, we will not be drafting him, sorry to burst your bubble, we simply would be carrying too many DE's.

hmm, hes still better than 55 for 700 those are gaffney type numbers. moulds can still put up 1100+ easy.

stevo3883 said:
hmm, hes still better than 55 for 700 those are gaffney type numbers. moulds can still put up 1100+ easy.
i don't know about 1100+ easily, somewhere between 700 and 1100. Happy now?

Trapped said:
i don't know about 1100+ easily, somewhere between 700 and 1100. Happy now?

not really, barring an injury.

1998- 67 for 1368
1999- 65 for 994
2000- 94 for 1326
2001- 67 for 904
2002- 100 for 1292
2003- 64 for 780
2004- 88 for 1043
2005- 81 for 816

if hes healthy, you can see he is a pro-bowl caliber WR. he missed time last year, and had arguably one of the worst qbs in the league throwing the ball, and still managed 80 grabs.

healthy + our offense should get him 80 catches and 1000+ yards easy

stevo3883 said:
not really, barring an injury.

1998- 67 for 1368
1999- 65 for 994
2000- 94 for 1326
2001- 67 for 904
2002- 100 for 1292
2003- 64 for 780
2004- 88 for 1043
2005- 81 for 816

if hes healthy, you can see he is a pro-bowl caliber WR. he missed time last year, and had arguably one of the worst qbs in the league throwing the ball, and still managed 80 grabs.

healthy + our offense should get him 80 catches and 1000+ yards easy
we can argue all day, but we will simply have too many playmakers too distrubute the ball, Andre, the president, Davis, Putzier, i see Moulds realistically getting 800 if he were to come here. Which is solid, but not all-pro.

don't you guys get it yet, for once, well let me restate that, the new team in charge namely Kubiac is addressing the Texans most critical needs one player at a time. I know its a shock, really unexpected after four years of doing the wrong things, the Texans have turned the corner, call it maturity. Moulds would be an excellent addition and clearly the #2 WR needed.

look at how Kubiac has addressed the needs with a strong side DE, former all-pro center with Super Bowl experience, a profiecent experienced TE, #3 possession, ball control WR, blocking/pass protection/receiving FB, a solid MLB & now in the hunt for a true #2 WR, although I think it will cost the Texans a 3rd rd. draft pick.

bottom line I really like the aggressive approach they are taking, this is a C/O on the fly.
:redtowel:

What about DD and a 5th round pick? I know the Bills do really need a running back, but this would clear some cap room signing Moulds. Just a thought.

bdiddy said:
What about DD and a 5th round pick? I know the Bills do really need a running back, but this would clear some cap room signing Moulds. Just a thought.
If we're going to trade DD for a player, I'd rather trade him for a younger one.

bdiddy said:

did they trade willis mcgahee?

DD will not be traded. He is 33% of our offense. As we learned last year, we need veteran leaders. Moulds could be one for the WR corps.

i havent really looked hard, but i checked the eagles site and espn.com and couldnt come up with career stats, so tell me...is kalu some great pass rusher or more of a run stuffer? will he be a starter or reserve behind babin/peek? i understand he has been in the league for 10 seasons.

A league official familiar with the negotiations said Sunday night that the Bills are asking for a fourth-round pick

Bills want a 4th rounder. They would probably take that 7 million he's due this year and turn it into a Flanagan-like three year deal. I don't know.... he's been very productive but he'll be 33 in July and most likely has only a year or two left.

Kalu opened the season as RDE starter opposite Kearse last year but he had some shoulder issues and eventually lost his spot to Trent Cole. In the offseason the Eagles picked up Darren Howard from the Saints to take over that position making Kalu expendable. I would expect Kalu to be Weaver's backup, but he could get a spot start now and then or even become a regular starter on the other side if the Peek/Babin experiment doesn't work. He's not a quick and explosive pass rusher but he does an adequate job defending the run.

A second Day pick as figured, 4th rounder and the contract should be restructured somewhere in the calibur of 3 years 15.5 million with a 3-5 million Dollar Signing Bonus. Again IMO.

Moulds is a fitness nut and stays in great shape. I think he'd be worth a 4th if he restructures his contract. I wouldn't let the 33 scare you too much.

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/14195503.htm

Eric Moulds has a wish list of five teams he'd like to play for, and guess who's at the tippy-top of it?

That's right. The Eagles.

"Every time I mention Philadelphia, Eric's ears perk up," said Greg Johnson, who represents the 32-year-old Bills wide receiver along with his partner, Harry Henderson. "He wants to go to Philadelphia. He really feels he could help them. He loves the idea of being an Eagle and playing with Donovan [McNabb]."

Moulds wants out of Buffalo, and the Bills, who will have to pay him $7.1 million in salary and bonuses this year if he's on the team, are only too happy to oblige him. They have put the word out that he can be had for a second-day pick in next month's draft.

But don't start visualizing him in an Eagles uniform quite yet.
Johnson said he talked to Eagles president Joe Banner last week. He said there is "some interest" in Moulds by the Eagles, which an organization source also acknowledged.

But as much as Moulds would love to catch passes from McNabb, he is not interested in doing it for free, or anything close to free.

According to a source from one of the five teams on Moulds' wish list, which also includes New England, Seattle, Kansas City and Denver, the wide receiver is looking for a contract similar to the one Isaac Bruce signed with the St. Louis Rams 2 weeks ago.

Kaiser Toro said:
http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/14195503.htm

But as much as Moulds would love to catch passes from McNabb, he is not interested in doing it for free, or anything close to free.

According to a source from one of the five teams on Moulds' wish list, which also includes New England, Seattle, Kansas City and Denver, the wide receiver is looking for a contract similar to the one Isaac Bruce signed with the St. Louis Rams 2 weeks ago.

Looks like he is just using the Texans to get a higher payday somewhere else.

If I remember correctly he's made some pretty selfish comments in the past when things haven't gone well. The new look Texans are bringing in high character guys and though Moulds hasn't exactly gotten headline news about it, he's caused some headaches for the Bills. I wouldn't give up anything for him or pay him more than 2 mil a year but that's just me. I would even go as far to say I think Walters will produce as much this year as Moulds will as Walters is on the verge of breaking out and will prove himself a steal of this offseason while Moulds will simply be average wherever he lands. When Henry went down against Pitt Walters was Kitna's go-to guy and showed he was more than capable of playing a large role. Yeah it was just one game but the guy can definitely play at a high level. I simply don't think that's a direction we should take if it means giving up a pick. I would much rather take a flier on Colston or Jennings in the fourth.

This morning on 610, McClain seemed pretty confident they'd be getting a trade done w/Bufallo for Moulds. As of late, i don't put a lot of stock into what McClain says though...

If any trade for Moulds involves draft picks..."Just say No!"

We're still to far away from decency to be trading potential depth/starters for over 30, whining, money hungry veterans; no mater what position they play.

Besides we've actually had alot of succes with fourth round picks, why waste one on a guy who'll be gone before we challenge for a playoff spot?

Hoth-Boy said:

We're still to far away from decency to be trading potential depth/starters for over 30, whining, money hungry veterans; no mater what position they play.

Besides we've actually had alot of succes with fourth round picks, why waste one on a guy who'll be gone before we challenge for a playoff spot?

I might say that for someone without a proven track record but he has over 9000 career yards, is looking for a 3 year 15 million contract. We pick up Moulds for our 4th rounder and we have nothing to do but sit back and wait for the draft.

They can't get a WR like Moulds in the fourth round of this draft. Do it right now, trade for Moulds and get your WR group set and then spend the first day of the draft getting Bush, an OT and some defensive help in my opinion.

jacquescas said:
I might say that for someone without a proven track record but he has over 9000 career yards, is looking for a 3 year 15 million contract. We pick up Moulds for our 4th rounder and we have nothing to do but sit back and wait for the draft.

how about trade Phillip Buchanon for Moulds thats like a 2nd & 3rd rounder :brickwall

Why in the !@#$ would you give up the 1st pick in the fourth round for a guy on the downside of his career and at best has 3 years left?

If we give up the 1st pick in the 4th round I am going to be pissed.

Mark my words.....Moulds, although great in his day, will not be in the league 3 years from now

Hoth-Boy said:

If we get Moulds we really are not that far from being a playoff contender.:redtowel:

Bsacamano said:
Why in the !@#$ would you give up the 1st pick in the fourth round for a guy on the downside of his career and at best has 3 years left?

If we give up the 1st pick in the 4th round I am going to be pissed.

Mark my words.....Moulds, although great in his day, will not be in the league 3 years from now

The Texans will probably give up a 5th. And not defending Moulds, but even last year, he was more productive that all of our 2nd receivers. 827 yrds if I remember correctly. Late round pick and a reasonable restructed contract for a few years of service, I can deal with.

Moulds would give you a #2 WR for a couple of seasons. His production last season wasn't exactly that bad. AJ/Moulds/Walter is a pretty good top 3 to start the season with and you'll have Mathis in the rotation as well as Bush to see time in the slot. Not bad.

el toro said:
Moulds would give you a #2 WR for a couple of seasons. His production last season wasn't exactly that bad. AJ/Moulds/Walter is a pretty good top 3 to start the season with and you'll have Mathis in the rotation as well as Bush to see time in the slot. Not bad.

Don't forget Putzier in the mix as well.

Back