Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

McNair Reflects and Reveals..........

Remind me not to mess with your granny. :)

O/T
Mama has gone to be with the Lord. We still have such fond memories of some of her antics. We still can start off with "remember when Mama," and start laughing before going on with the event.

All of this stuff is nice and everything but I would trade all of it in for a playoff team/SB winner.

It's pathetic that after 8 yrs we are still judged by the fan experience rather than the product/results on the field. IMHO

McNair did pick Capers and Casserly to start off with. So the coupling of a three four defensive head coach with a four three GM turned into a disaster of NFL biblical proportions. I mean just look at the tackles they select over the course of the first four years. And Caper's Babin deal for the Texans was a disaster. But it worked for Capers and the Pack with Clay Mathews III. So from that point it's just a function of how much you believe there was/was not a great deal of talent left for Kubiak and Smith after the Capers & Casserly disaster on the roster ? From my tree it was pretty bleak.

If they lose a couple of key guys once again early in the season, I would expect similar results. One of the keys to a deep playoff run is being lucky with injuries. You make a lot of your luck with how well you draft. What's the roster count now for turn over ? thirty guys ? thirty five guys out of fifty three ? I'd say Smith and Kubes are peddling as fast as they can. And for a rookie owner McNair is learning. He makes mistakes . But he hasn't made the same ones twice. What else can you ask of the man ? Had a good schedule last year. Won't be so friendly this year. SB ? They will have to earn it this season, indeed. It'll be shear force of will and football smarts.
Somewhere out there is a story on SB odds, We, the Texans, aren't bottom dwelling any more. And that is a good sign. Eventually tough this team needs to get on an eight game winning streak and slay the division dragon. And that is entirely up to the players. Championships, like wars are won in the will.

And from what I've seen and read Mr McNair has denied his officers nothing they have asked for. Nothing.

I did, we just found out my father in law has prostate cancer and is going to have a pretty rough year ahead of him.

But we all had a great time just being around each other enjoying laughing and joking together.

So sorry to hear this. You will be in my prayers. One of the reasons I left the church was because of this disease. Be positive and read up on it. Lot of great years left.

And Caper's Babin deal for the Texans was a disaster. But it worked for Capers and the Pack with Clay Mathews III.

When you say "it" worked out with Mathews III, are you saying they were similar situations? Can you explain?

What's the roster count now for turn over ? thirty guys ? thirty five guys out of fifty three ? I'd say Smith and Kubes are peddling as fast as they can. And for a rookie owner McNair is learning. He makes mistakes . But he hasn't made the same ones twice. What else can you ask of the man ? Had a good schedule last year. Won't be so friendly this year. SB ? They will have to earn it this season, indeed. It'll be shear force of will and football smarts.
Somewhere out there is a story on SB odds, We, the Texans, aren't bottom dwelling any more. And that is a good sign. Eventually tough this team needs to get on an eight game winning streak and slay the division dragon. And that is entirely up to the players. Championships, like wars are won in the will.

And from what I've seen and read Mr McNair has denied his officers nothing they have asked for. Nothing.

I'd say the roster turnover is much lower than that. Here's a list of guys that I felt like could be beaten out by a late round pick from some other post:

32 Bennett, Fred CB 6-1 200 South Carolina 4th
57 Bentley, Kevin LB 6-0 245 Northwestern 9th
50 Bing, Darnell LB 6-2 220 Southern California 3rd
10 Booty, John David QB 6-3 213 Southern California 2nd

3 Brown, Kris K 5-11 212 Nebraska 12th

99 Egboh, Pannel DE 6-6 276 Stanford 1st

75 Helms, Brett C 6-2 270 LSU 1st
27 Henry, Chris RB 5-11 230 Arizona 3rd

96 Jamison, Tim * DE 6-3 270 Michigan 2nd

38 Johnson, Jeremiah RB 5-9 210 Oregon 1st

28 Molden, Antwaun CB 6-1 202 Eastern Kentucky 3rd

72 Nading, Jesse DE 6-5 264 Colorado State 2nd
33 Nolan, Troy S 6-2 206 Arizona State 1st
97 Okam, Frank DT 6-5 338 Texas 2nd

38 Parson, Mark CB 5-10 192 Ohio University 1st

79 Stenavich, Adam T 6-4 308 Michigan 1st

53 Verdell, Toddrick

That's what 17, maybe 18 guys. Now at camp we're talking about 80 guys but as for the season roster itself the depth is to the point where you can expect your top 4 or 5 picks to make the team and then anything else is going to be pretty difficult.

I like your post by the way. Got me all riled up!

Back