Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Let's talk about Joe Mixon.

C’mon man y’all gotta quit it with the hate. you give Barkley Burrow/Chase, Higgins and Boyd to play off of, he’s putting up better numbers than Mixon.

Daniel Jones was THAT bad
For one im not hating on Barkley. I was hoping we got him as well. Finally I’ve already posted those numbers to back that up. So I’ll post them for you again. Them you can show me how’s Barkley supposedly be better. He was doing this before those guys as well. And you’re not factoring the horrible offensive line play either. Finally let’s not act like the Giants didn’t have talent either.
IMG_5284.pngIMG_5285.png

For one im not hating on Barkley. I was hoping we got him as well. Finally I’ve already posted those numbers to back that up. So I’ll post them for you again. Them you can show me how’s Barkley supposedly be better. He was doing this before those guys as well. And you’re not factoring the horrible offensive line play either. Finally let’s not act like the Giants didn’t have talent either.
View attachment 13781View attachment 13782

I see one back with the higher ceiling. Not “hating” it’s just how I feel about the two players. I think Mixon is an upgrade over Singletary, but I don’t think his “best” is as good as Barkley or Jacobs or Henry.

View attachment 13781View attachment 13782

Barkley was the Giants offense..everyone knew it & they had nothing close to what Mixon had to work off of in Cincy. And yet the numbers are STILL very much comparable. I myself would consider what Barkley was able to do with Daniel Jones as his qb much more impressive. & that’s just the stats..the explosive play ability isn’t at all close; it’s Barkley.

Last edited:
He has been playing in a similar running scheme with a stud QB and a bad OL.
I've seen that said about his OL a couple of times. I've watched the highlights (I know, highlights) but they were putting bodies on bodies & consistently getting him 3-5 free yards.

im going to have to watch one of their games to see what the deal is, but they looked pertgud in the highlights.

I see one back with the higher ceiling. Not “hating” it’s just how I feel about the two players. I think Mixon is an upgrade over Singletary, but I don’t think his “best” is as good as Barkley or Jacobs or Henry.
Gotcha but I don’t see a higher ceiling because they’re only a year apart. And last season Mixon had the better year. Plus he is more durable. Barkley missed three games last season.

I never said or even think you’re hating. I don’t use that word loosely like that either.

How does that change anything I've said over the past four pages?

Edit: This is my final statement on this topic:

If a man punches a woman in the face, he is almost always doing so out of anger, not self-defense*. A lady-punch is not a threat to a man*. That's the problem I have with the woman-puncher apologists. Anger does not justify the misuse of disproportionate strength.

*Yes, there are exceptions like the one mentioned previously where the woman used an object to do harm.
Just know like I said earlier that when hands are laid on a person things can go badly quickly. Sometimes hitting somebody can just be a reaction to getting hit. Like I said I've never hit a woman. But I have gotten in fights when I was a kid and hit a guy back two or three times without even thinking about it.

Honestly I think Mixon is exactly the type of back the Texans were looking for. A good, borderline elite, RB that wouldn't break the bank and could do his primary job of keeping defenses honest and giving CJ another weapon.

Would Barkley have been nice absolutely but not at that price because signing Barkley for that kind of money would have likely cost us Hunter. Fact is DeMeco is a defense coach so most of the big splashes would be on that side of the ball. You even look at the draft last year and yeah we drafted CJ but Anderson was actually the one we spend the most draft capital on to move up and get so again defense focus and I'm ok with that.

I think Nick will make sure CJ is as protected as we can realistically make him and give him a later round extra weapon or two so we don't end up in another "You're only target is X" situation like we were last year. Beyond that honestly I don't think CJ needs a big splash player to make something happen. I think Eagles went all in on Barkley because they aren't sure Hurts alone can get them over the finish line, at least not like Texans trust CJ to do it.

1bcbc41d65388939b7925510591e6203.jpg

Honestly I think Mixon is exactly the type of back the Texans were looking for. A good, borderline elite, RB that wouldn't break the bank and could do his primary job of keeping defenses honest and giving CJ another weapon.

Would Barkley have been nice absolutely but not at that price because signing Barkley for that kind of money would have likely cost us Hunter. Fact is DeMeco is a defense coach so most of the big splashes would be on that side of the ball. You even look at the draft last year and yeah we drafted CJ but Anderson was actually the one we spend the most draft capital on to move up and get so again defense focus and I'm ok with that.

I think Nick will make sure CJ is as protected as we can realistically make him and give him a later round extra weapon or two so we don't end up in another "You're only target is X" situation like we were last year. Beyond that honestly I don't think CJ needs a big splash player to make something happen. I think Eagles went all in on Barkley because they aren't sure Hurts alone can get them over the finish line, at least not like Texans trust CJ to do it.
Scoring 3 points in a playoff game says Stroud needs more weapons.

These numbers are misleading. 1 guy had Burrow/Chase/Higgins for part of his tenure. And in the other part, he had Dalton/Green…which is still was pretty good. Certainly better than Jones and whatever bum the giants were trotting out there at WR.

The 1 year Barkley had anything close to that was his rookie year with over the hill Eli Manning and OBJ and you see the numbers he put up. over 2000 yards from scrimmage. Mixon hasn’t come close to doing that in his career. But that was the only year he’s had weapons around him to take the pressure off.

he’s going to absolutely kill it in Philly.

These numbers are misleading. 1 guy had Burrow/Chase/Higgins for part of his tenure. And in the other part, he had Dalton/Green…which is still was pretty good. Certainly better than Jones and whatever bum the giants were trotting out there at WR.

The 1 year Barkley had anything close to that was his rookie year with over the hill Eli Manning and OBJ and you see the numbers he put up. over 2000 yards from scrimmage. Mixon hasn’t come close to doing that in his career. But that was the only year he’s had weapons around him to take the pressure off.

he’s going to absolutely kill it in Philly.
Did he have those guys his entire career in Cincy?
And why aren’t you factoring in what the Giants had in the beginning of his career in New York?

It’s like you’re cheer picking to tear down one players career versus the other. And you tried to ca me a hater.

Not necessarily true. That offensive line was not up for the task against the Ravens front. CJ wasn’t ready for those delayed blitz. And Slow wasn’t experienced enough to adjust to what the Ravens OC was doin the 2nd half.
Seemed to me that Stoud didn't have the other weapon to burn the Ravens defense. What the Ravens were doing was doubling Collins and running inside blitzes with Smith/Queen. A WR like Dell or Thomas would've made them pay for leving the middle of the field open. Metchie couldn't do this and neither could Hutch.

Mixon is a great start, but they need a guy to stretch the field and now that Armstead has decided to sign with the Jags, I hope Caserio spends some cash on a field stretcher like Brown and brings Diggs home. The money should be there to do this even with the Mixon extension.

Last edited:
Scoring 3 points in a playoff game says Stroud needs more weapons.

He needed more in that game for sure but by that point we basically had Collins and that was it. We can add depth in the later rounds in case starters go down again and Mixon already massively upgrades the run game which will also help. Reality is last year was fun but it was to early for us to be considered a real contender against teams like Ravens, Chiefs and 49ers. Spoiling things for Cleveland was our superbowl.

Not necessarily true. That offensive line was not up for the task against the Ravens front. CJ wasn’t ready for those delayed blitz. And Slow wasn’t experienced enough to adjust to what the Ravens OC was doin the 2nd half.
The Texans were dominated on both sides of the LOS by the Ravens. Nothing we want to see again. I know DeMeco doesn't want to see it.

Did he have those guys his entire career in Cincy?
And why aren’t you factoring in what the Giants had in the beginning of his career in New York?

It’s like you’re cheer picking to tear down one players career versus the other. And you tried to ca me a hater.

I laid it out up thread for u buddy. The only thing you can say about Mixon over Barkley is that he’s produced stats at a slightly better clip than Barkley. But that can be easily explained away simply by Mixon having the overall better set up more consistently than Barkley has thus far.

running the ball …catching the ball..Mixon hasn’t put up a season better than Barkley in any of those areas…explosiveness, tackle breaking…All Barkley.

Doesn’t mean Mixon can’t be effective for us, but he’s not better than Barkley..he’s as the poster upthread said a notch below.

The Texans were dominated on both sides of the LOS by the Ravens. Nothing we want to see again. I know DeMeco doesn't want to see it.
Exactly, dude didn’t have the time to find his receivers. And we killed our selves with those bone headed penalties.

The Texans are giving the Bengals their pick at 7.224 for Joe Mixon, leaving the Texans with "only" (3) 7th round picks.

I know many are relieved at this information.

RB Joe Mixon's acquisition from Cincinnati is for a seventh-round pick (No. 224), NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported Thursday, per a source.

Last edited:
He needed more in that game for sure but by that point we basically had Collins and that was it. We can add depth in the later rounds in case starters go down again and Mixon already massively upgrades the run game which will also help. Reality is last year was fun but it was to early for us to be considered a real contender against teams like Ravens, Chiefs and 49ers. Spoiling things for Cleveland was our superbowl.
I'm looking for difference makers. Thomas is a difference maker. He's worth 1-23, I've got him as a top 10 pick. Like I said before he might be better than Nabers. He scored 17 TD's last yr, think that might open the offense up for Stroud as well as help out with the RZ issues?

If Caseio has to solve the DT issues and Thomas was still on the board at 1-23 hopefully he picks Thomas and depending on what type of DT Ryans wants Caserio trades up in the 2nd for Either Sweat or Fiske. I would give up 2-59 and 3-85 for say 2-39 and a 5th rd pick.

I'm looking for difference makers. Thomas is a difference maker. He's worth 1-23, I've got him as a top 10 pick. Like I said before he might be better than Nabers. He scored 17 TD's last yr, think that might open the offense up for Stroud as well as help out with the RZ issues?

If Caseio has to solve the DT issues and Thomas was still on the board at 1-23 hopefully he picks Thomas and depending on what type of DT Ryans wants Caserio trades up in the 2nd for Either Sweat or Fiske. I would give up 2-59 and 3-85 for say 2-39 and a 5th rd pick.
I'd love to find a way to take BT and Blake Corum - both led the NCAAF in scoring.

Exactly, dude didn’t have the time to find his receivers. And we killed our selves with those bone headed penalties.
It was more of the WR's other than Collins inability to separate IMHO.

This is why at the combine Ryans said they were looking for WR's with the ability to separate.

I see Mixon as an 18-20 touch player. He’s a step above Singletary and a step down from Barkley/Jacobs/Henry.

He has been playing in a similar running scheme with a stud QB and a bad OL. Maybe this year’s OL will be the upgrade that he needs to hit his 2021 production ceiling?

You might want to look at my post on Barkley vs Mixon...the better stats might not be what you think. You can also Google other articles.

As for character. Cincy had no issues with him. He has been a model citizen for his time there. So, an incident 10yrs ago that was just he said she said that went her way. Let's just let it go and see what he does on the field and go from there. Just like the shock of stat comparison results, we might be very happy with the positives.

It was more of the WR's other than Collins inability to separate IMHO.

This is why at the combine Ryans said they were looking for WR's with the ability to separate.
They didn’t have time to get separation and the quarterback didn’t have time to go through his progressions. His first reads were either Collins or Dalton. Plus a lot drives were killed with those penalties.

People are reading too much into his answer. He was just talking about what they look for in these receivers coming out. He’s not about to show his hand. Nobody knows who they will draft either. But every coach would answer that question pretty much the same way.

They didn’t have time to get separation and the quarterback didn’t have time to go through his progressions. His first reads were either Collins or Dalton. Plus a lot drives were killed with those penalties.

People are reading too much into his answer. He was just talking about what they look for in these receivers coming out. He’s not about to show his hand. Nobody knows who they will draft either. But every coach would answer that question pretty much the same way.
Agreed about the penalties and that we dont know what their draft board looks like.

The OL was in no way prepared to stop what the Ravens defense was doing. When the OL can't stop the rush or blitz....Stroud has no time to make up the difference and the running game has no way of keeping the defense honest.

Get this OL and running game fixed.....Stroud and his receivers will take care of the rest.....regardless of the schedule.

C’mon man y’all gotta quit it with the hate. you give Barkley Burrow/Chase, Higgins and Boyd to play off of, he’s putting up better numbers than Mixon.

Daniel Jones was THAT bad
Was Daniel Jones that bad 2 yrs ago when they made the playoffs?

Jones was managed much better in 2022. Threw less than 30x per game and had his (then) lowest passing yards per game (200). Jones was encouraged to run and had over 700 rushing yards. Barkley had over 100 yards from scrimmage a game and carried the offense.

Reality set in for 2023. as teams forced Jones to win from the pocket. Now the Giants are stuck in no man's land. Drafting in the top 5, but can't get to one of the top 3 QBs in the draft. I will say the Giants have done no favors to Jones with easily the weakest receivers in the league. Just embarrassing.

Talks about strengths and weaknesses, from a fans perspective. Actually very well done and worth a watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jones was managed much better in 2022. Threw less than 30x per game and had his (then) lowest passing yards per game (200). Jones was encouraged to run and had over 700 rushing yards. Barkley had over 100 yards from scrimmage a game and carried the offense.

Reality set in for 2023. as teams forced Jones to win from the pocket. Now the Giants are stuck in no man's land. Drafting in the top 5, but can't get to one of the top 3 QBs in the draft. I will say the Giants have done no favors to Jones with easily the weakest receivers in the league. Just embarrassing.
Their ol sucked last year and was injured.

They've made some improvements in FA and I can see great improvement on the offensive side of the ball. MHJ or Nabers will give Jones a WR1 to go with Hyatt. Gotta find a TE though.

Their ol sucked last year and was injured.

They've made some improvements in FA and I can see great improvement on the offensive side of the ball. MHJ or Nabers will give Jones a WR1 to go with Hyatt. Gotta find a TE though.
The Giants aren't a QB away from a Super Bowl. Eventually, they will get their guy at QB. Whether Daboll is there to see it is another question.

The Giants aren't a QB away from a Super Bowl. Eventually, they will get their guy at QB. Whether Daboll is there to see it is another question.
This year is a building block yr. If Jones continues to suck they will be drafting a QB next year as well as adding to the talent they will add this yr.

Banks, Lawrence, Thinadeaux is a great start to building a good defense. I could see Schoen making the defense a priority with the rest of this yrs draft. LB, CB's. Then add a QB and more weapons for the new QB in 2025. The question is will Daboll survive another down yr next yr?

This year is a building block yr. If Jones continues to suck they will be drafting a QB next year as well as adding to the talent they will add this yr.
The Giants have to be a trade back candidate. There's some good players @ 1.6, but there are good players 10-12 down. They need to recoup that 2nd round pick and stockpile young talent.

The Giants have to be a trade back candidate. There's some good players @ 1.6, but there are good players 10-12 down. They need to recoup that 2nd round pick and stockpile young talent.
Agreed, if I was the GM trade back and pick either Q. Mitchell or Thomas at 1-12.

1. Mitchell
2. P. Wilson
3. Melton
4. Bishop

Put these guys together with Banks, Lawrence, Thinadeaux and you have a young fast defense.

Bring back Pugh as a swing OT and I would take my chances

yes. He was put in a high school offense and asked not to throw as much to help reduce his turnovers. That was NEVER gonna work long term and you don’t improve as a qb running those types of offenses.

yes. He was put in a high school offense and asked not to throw as much to help reduce his turnovers. That was NEVER gonna work long term and you don’t improve as a qb running those types of offenses.
We're going to find out.

He's played his entire career behind a bad OL.

Adding Runyan /Elemelour and moving Neal to LG with Thomas and Schmitz should be a solid OL.

May have been discussed already but I heard today why Texans gave up a pick for a guy Cinny was going to cut. It's because if they waited for him to be cut other teams could also negotiate with him and Texans might miss out. By trading a 7th, which Nick has shown he doesn't see as more than trade bait, they locked him down for at least his current contract and give themselves time to negotiate and extention which they ended up doing.

May have been discussed already but I heard today why Texans gave up a pick for a guy Cinny was going to cut. It's because if they waited for him to be cut other teams could also negotiate with him and Texans might miss out. By trading a 7th, which Nick has shown he doesn't see as more than trade bait, they locked him down for at least his current contract and give themselves time to negotiate and extention which they ended up doing.
And that was smart of Nick The Quick. They could not miss out on a three down back who is still pretty darn good.

Back