Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Let's talk about Joe Mixon.

What does consensual sparring have to do with getting violently attacked?

Lol.

I hope you never experience what I have experienced. I’ll say nothing more on this topic as -you- are definitely enabling their behavior with your logic. My PTSD says thanks but no thanks. Back to FOOTBALL, GDI!

You guys... really.

You said I don't know what it feels like yada yada, I said I did and I gave comparisons that did way more damage than multiple lady-punches did. You've chosen to take that personally, which tells me we're way off course from where this discussion should be.

You guys... really.

You said I don't know what it feels like yada yada, I said I did and I gave comparisons that did way more damage than multiple lady-punches did. You've chosen to take that personally, which tells me we're way off course from where this discussion should be.
“You guys…”

Your dismissive behavior really should be quiet.

Yes because it is so rare and unusual for women to be wearing rings. I guess that should have been my first clue she was going to attack when I saw her wearing rings.

Look you have your feelings on this based on your experiences and that's cool but please stop disregarding others experiences and trying to say this is a simple issue because it is very much not.

I'm sorry you had your experience. A woman should not have used her ring as a weapon on your eye. That's serious and I'm being sincere.

My position is that a grown man shouldn't full-bore clock a woman like she's also a grown man. If an exception should be made when she's seriously harming you with an object, then ok.

But that is usually not the case, and there is almost always a way to physically neutralize a situation without using the more dangerous and unfair advantage of a man's strength against a woman's brittle skull. It's a matter of responsibility with your strength advantage.

Last edited:
Ok. Then you believe breaking a woman's face is the proper way to respond to a woman going batsh!t. I happen to disagree.
Which is totally your right.

Good thing is she learned a lesson and will never do this again. Consequences came home to roost. Not saying Mixon was in the right.

I thought we settled this. You've already explained your justification of trucking a woman's face like Roy Jones Jr. I had no further argument.
Do you believe in forgiveness? There were no charges filed in this yrs stuff. Smart thing to do is to just leave Mixon alone.

I have to, almost cost me an eye because she had rings on and inch long finger nails. She wailed on me for a good 10 minutes and everyone around was just laughing because it was just a woman hitting a man. This idea that women can get away with hitting men just because men are physically stronger is very dangerous and has resulted in people accepting, and in some cases celebrating, abuse of men especially in domestic situations.

To your point no I would not walk up and hit Mike Tyson because I know he would rearrange my face so why did this woman feel safe in physically attacking someone that is clearly far stronger than her? Because she has been taught that it's ok for her to do that and there would be no consequences for it.

If he had thrown the first punch it would be a completely different story and I would be the first saying keep him away from he team. As it stands though I'm not going to condemn him for defending himself just because his attacker was a woman.
Brother my Aunt knocked a joker out for grabbing her butt I’m the club. It’s some women out there that are capable of beating up some men.

Now to his point, Brisco now pull up Barkley’s stats too. You’ll see practically the same career.

Brother my Aunt knocked a joker out for grabbing her butt I’m the club. It’s some women out there that are capable of beating up some men.

Now to his point, Brisco now pull up Barkley’s stats too. You’ll see practically the same career.

So we essentially got Barkley for a 7th round draft pick? And for only 7 million?

Who wouldn’t take that?

And I bet your aunt could kick my butt too.

If he had only slapped her. Ever watch some of those black and white movies on TCM where the woman slaps the man. And he slaps her right back.

I personally feel like Mixon's a bit of a turd but from a football perspective he's a fine addition to the team and will be worth what he's paid. Looking at his past he's got self-discipline issues and that's never a good thing but it's also something that can be kept in check on a team with a solid core and good leaders which I think we have at the moment. What's the worst that can happen here? He does something along the lines of the BS he's pulled from time to time in the past? If the Texans wanted to kick him to the curb for doing something how bad a hit would it be? Not too bad IMO. It's a done deal so we're going to live with it and hope for the best.

I still want to see other RB options added through the draft and UDFA's which seems to be a common feeling. I don't think Pierce is going to suddenly get it with this offense. I think it's just not what he does well. He's a wrecking ball (A glorious wrecking ball) and there's a place for him in the league but I don't think it will be here.

Here's the thing. Being from Cincinnati, and living 10 minutes at most from Mixons house. Some of y'all are just assuming what happened. Mixon never shot anyone. Mixon was in San Francisco at the time with his family. Mixon's bodyguard shot my friend. Our high school does Dart-Wars and my friend was pulling up on my other friend's house to try and get him out and Mixon's bodyguard thought it was a real gun and shot him in the foot. So, although it looks bad on Mixon it really had nothing to do with him other than his sister and bodyguard. Also, everyone in Cincinnati loved him. Going to the Texans game against Cincinnati, people went crazy when Mixon rushed a td against us. People chanting his name. He brought the energy, and I can't wait to see it in H-Town. I met him at my high school he came and took a picture with me. He was super super nice. Seriously think this man has changed. He's grown up since the Oklahoma incident.

Players have to be made to understand that they're making millions of dollars, are high profile....which makes them magnets/targets for stupid situations in public....and even bigger targets when alcohol is thrown into the mix.

Boys, you guys have won a financial lottery and changing the way you act and live will go a long ways towards securing your future after football. Why, that's a football paycheck that doesn't come with a lifetime of residual income or enough money to keep your lifestyle afloat if spending money like a pop or movie star is the way you started your NFL career.

Here's the thing. Being from Cincinnati, and living 10 minutes at most from Mixons house. Some of y'all are just assuming what happened. Mixon never shot anyone. Mixon was in San Francisco at the time with his family. Mixon's bodyguard shot my friend. Our high school does Dart-Wars and my friend was pulling up on my other friend's house to try and get him out and Mixon's bodyguard thought it was a real gun and shot him in the foot. So, although it looks bad on Mixon it really had nothing to do with him other than his sister and bodyguard. Also, everyone in Cincinnati loved him. Going to the Texans game against Cincinnati, people went crazy when Mixon rushed a td against us. People chanting his name. He brought the energy, and I can't wait to see it in H-Town. I met him at my high school he came and took a picture with me. He was super super nice. Seriously think this man has changed. He's grown up since the Oklahoma incident.
Thanks for this post.

Too many people talking out their butts, when they dont know what they're talking about.

I have mixed feelings about this signing regarding his character, but I trust Demico & Slowik. I didn't realize he is so big - 6'1", 220 bs. Here is an interview with him a few months ago.

Cincinnati Bengals RB Joe Mixon on Contract Speculation, 2023 Goals & MORE (youtube.com)
Yep there's some off-field concerns but I don't think they are anything real major, however it would
seem to indicate Texans' ownership is losseening up a bit and letting Nick & Demeco make
those kinds of calls.

Are we going back ten years for a nuanced incident that hasn't been repeated and going into character assassination mode? I get it—never hit a woman unless in strict self defense. But the details are murky at best, and it appears the young lady was the primary instigator. On top of that, the parties involved were still teenagers. So, we will now judge a man's life over one single incident when he's 18?

And the second incident? Look at LukeColley's post above. This is much ado about nothing, in my opinion. I'm all about law and order and yada yada yada. But young people make mistakes and deserve a second and third chance before we label them as troublemakers or bad characters. Hell, I'd even say that about a certain QB IF he's sincere and stays on the straight and narrow for the next decade.

Last point - he's likely a one year rental. Nick will draft a guy either this year or next that can take over the starting role and Mixon will move onto greener pastures. There's a small chance he is re-signed, but imho, 90% chance he is here for one year only.

Yep there's some off-field concerns but I don't think they are anything real major, however it would
seem to indicate Texans' ownership is losseening up a bit and letting Nick & Demeco make
those kinds of calls.
About time, it only took two decades.

Are we going back ten years for a nuanced incident that hasn't been repeated and going into character assassination mode? I get it—never hit a woman unless in strict self defense. But the details are murky at best, and it appears the young lady was the primary instigator. On top of that, the parties involved were still teenagers. So, we will now judge a man's life over one single incident when he's 18?

And the second incident? Look at LukeColley's post above. This is much ado about nothing, in my opinion. I'm all about law and order and yada yada yada. But young people make mistakes and deserve a second and third chance before we label them as troublemakers or bad characters. Hell, I'd even say that about a certain QB IF he's sincere and stays on the straight and narrow for the next decade.

Last point - he's likely a one year rental. Nick will draft a guy either this year or next that can take over the starting role and Mixon will move onto greener pastures. There's a small chance he is re-signed, but imho, 90% chance he is here for one year only.
I'm glad I'm not being judged by the things I did when I was 18 years old.

It's not a case of EITHER "He's in MS13" OR "He has to pray before he can step out of bed" and when it comes to athletes we watch play sports a few hours a week part of the year we're all ALWAYS talking out of our butts to some degree. I get what Lukecolley1011 said and sure, he wasn't even home? Much ado about nothing. Punching a woman in the face is a bad look. Always will be and I don't even care if the charges were dropped on the pulling a gun out on someone. If you're putting yourself in a position where you can find yourself charged with that then my money is on the side of "You screwed up somewhere".

What I do like is that this is a fair amount of time since young mister Mixon responded with his fists. He's not regularly making dumbass mistakes like that. This isn't Pacman or something where every year or two he's taking it up another notch. This is a much more manageable case of "Sometimes, rarely he gets a case of the dumbass" That's most of us really. This isn't Ray Rice where he thinks it over for a moment before he knocks out the woman he plans to marry. This is just a couple of cases of not thinking before he acted accompanied by the usual cloud of WTF? that follows that kind of decision making. He's probably never going to do anything like this crap again.

I think what's missing from one side of the conversation of men getting hit by women is the understanding that men always have a physical alternative. There are ways to physically neutralize a situation with a crazy woman without the irresponsible decision to strike her. I know from experience. If you do not understand this, just take a few grappling instructions. I promise that's all it takes. It's so easy for a man to subdue a woman it's almost unfair, yet infinitely more responsible than striking her.
Sure, everybody takes grappling training. In the heat of the moment, males and females react sometimes instantaneously and often regretfully later.

He was 18 and I don't know how old she was but I'm assuming approximately the same age. Both acted stupidly but you seem to be ignoring that she physically initiated everything. Being a female does not include having that as a privilege. It has been posted here that both have moved on.

It's absolutely not a privilege, I'll agree with you there.

But if I were there I'd have done something about him hitting her.

By something I mean I'd have something really mean & nasty with my inside voice.

I have to, almost cost me an eye because she had rings on and inch long finger nails. She wailed on me for a good 10 minutes and everyone around was just laughing because it was just a woman hitting a man. This idea that women can get away with hitting men just because men are physically stronger is very dangerous and has resulted in people accepting, and in some cases celebrating, abuse of men especially in domestic situations.
10 minutes?

Why didn't you just deck her & be done with it? Look, I don't know you, what you look like & I don't know that woman, & what she looked like. But if you looked like Joe Mixon & she looked like Olive Oil, you can't justify hitting her.

At the same time that does not justify her actions. Like badboy said, grown folk, even those just pretending, shouldn't come to blows in public places over anything.

The main thing that has me still questioning any of it is that none of his charity work is about violence against women or domestic abuse, or anything like that. With his situation, I would have thought something like that would have been a no brainer.

But what do I know?

Welcome to the board.

While I don't condone men putting their hands on women, I am sure glad that the "Not Texans Worthy" bs has been put to rest. I believe in second chances. But, most of all, I want the Toros to win a Super Bowl in my lifetime not 50+ years from now!

10 minutes?

Why didn't you just deck her & be done with it? Look, I don't know you, what you look like & I don't know that woman, & what she looked like. But if you looked like Joe Mixon & she looked like Olive Oil, you can't justify hitting her.

At the same time that does not justify her actions. Like badboy said, grown folk, even those just pretending, shouldn't come to blows in public places over anything.

I couldn't see her because I was blinded by the blood, also I was raised with the same idea of never hit women so when I did push her back, finally, it was against everything I had been taught and so it had to force myself to do it. Still caught crap from the people around because I pushed her even though I'm standing there covered in blood.

I really find this idea of "well he's bigger so he shouldn't hit her back" to be really bothersome. You said yourself her actions were not justified so how is him defending himself not justified? If this was a 100 pound guy who the closest he had been to a gym was driving past it would it be different? And if so why, it's still an overwhelming size difference and Mixon hitting him would be just as damaging.

I have a daughter that would likely stick up for her gay friends the same way Amelia Molitor did. I will not be a Texan fan or post on this board again as long as Joe Mixon is a member of the team.

By dropping racial slurs? (Yes, the young woman admitted to saying what we all think she did) Not sure that is something I would brag about, nor does it justify Mixon's actions; but I wouldn't want my children acting like either party in this scenario.

Last edited:
It's not a case of EITHER "He's in MS13" OR "He has to pray before he can step out of bed" and when it comes to athletes we watch play sports a few hours a week part of the year we're all ALWAYS talking out of our butts to some degree. I get what Lukecolley1011 said and sure, he wasn't even home? Much ado about nothing. Punching a woman in the face is a bad look. Always will be and I don't even care if the charges were dropped on the pulling a gun out on someone. If you're putting yourself in a position where you can find yourself charged with that then my money is on the side of "You screwed up somewhere".

What I do like is that this is a fair amount of time since young mister Mixon responded with his fists. He's not regularly making dumbass mistakes like that. This isn't Pacman or something where every year or two he's taking it up another notch. This is a much more manageable case of "Sometimes, rarely he gets a case of the dumbass" That's most of us really. This isn't Ray Rice where he thinks it over for a moment before he knocks out the woman he plans to marry. This is just a couple of cases of not thinking before he acted accompanied by the usual cloud of WTF? that follows that kind of decision making. He's probably never going to do anything like this crap again.
To clarify, Mixon wasn't charged with gun although he had one. His sister's boyfriend [I have heard him referred to as Joe's brother in law] fired ~10 rounds at teenagers who had nerf ball guns. Mixon was accused of giving bullets to that guy. He's one with $.

What's law got to do with it? We're talking about posting on a MB, not sentencing him to death.
Exactly! But even by law..............Here is an article I'll submit as FYI. It pretty much holds true in all states. There is consideration given to intent to do bodily harm (slap vs fist), severity of assault..........and in the case of retaliation, appropriately proportionate response.

Is It Ever Legal to Punch Someone in the Face?
By: Dave Roos |
Updated: Mar 28, 2022

Exactly! But even by law..............Here is an article I'll submit as FYI. It pretty much holds true in all states. There is consideration given to intent to do bodily harm (slap vs fist), severity of assault..........and in the case of retaliation, appropriately proportionate response.

Is It Ever Legal to Punch Someone in the Face?
By: Dave Roos |
Updated: Mar 28, 2022
Who gets to decide what's an appropriate response?

I guess we're getting off topic, gonna have to shut this thread down like the Derrick trade thread got shutdown. That's if the mods are interested in remaining consistent. (Looking at you Lucky)

Last edited:
To clarify, Mixon wasn't charged with gun although he had one. His sister's boyfriend [I have heard him referred to as Joe's brother in law] fired ~10 rounds at teenagers who had nerf ball guns. Mixon was accused of giving bullets to that guy. He's one with $.

Was this the one he wasn’t even home at the time for or the one where charges were dropped and the words “road rage” were being tossed around OR do I have one incident somehow confused into two (entirely possible)?

Can he help us win games? Nothing else matters....it's football

Sounds like Jim Crane trying to convince us that Roberto Osuna was going to help us win games and not be a distraction. Thankfully Mixon is nowhere near that level of potential distraction.

Who gets to decide what's an appropriate response?

What if Joe Mixon identified as a female when he hit the girl? Or did the girl automatically identify as a male when she hit a male? I always heard if you can hit like a man you better be ready to get hit like a man.

In today’s world things are much more complex and we can’t rush to judgement because it’s offensive.

it was against everything I had been taught and so it had to force myself to do it. Still caught crap from the people around because I pushed her even though I'm standing there covered in blood.
screw them, they're dumasses.

Defend yourself, I'm not (& I don't think anyone) is saying different.

I really find this idea of "well he's bigger so he shouldn't hit her back" to be really bothersome. You said yourself her actions were not justified so how is him defending himself not justified? If this was a 100 pound guy who the closest he had been to a gym was driving past it would it be different? And if so why, it's still an overwhelming size difference and Mixon hitting him would be just as damaging.

There's defending yourself, then there's "defending" yourself. His size & physique plays a huge role in my judgement of the situation. I'm constantly saying a guy his size & a woman a "avg woman" size. & for the record, a 100lb guy who's never been to the gym is still a lot stronger than most women. We're built different. Just the way it is.

I guarantee you I could grab that woman in the video by her neck, her arm, her hair, her shirt & I could control what she does & doesn't do from that point forward. I'm a big guy. Mixon is stouter than I am & more fit. I'm sure, no doubt in my mind he could have imposed his dominance without having to break her face. I don't condone an open handed slap, but I wouldn't have been so against what he did if he'd have slapped her. Then I'd be, "A guy should never hit a woman, but she was attacking him."

To go Mike Tyson on her... sorry, that was wrong. Way wrong.

This thread is getting entirely too NSZish

Yep, I dont really care, but if mods are going to shutdown a thread because it got a bit off topic like in the Derrick traded thread, then the same should apply in every thread.

If mods cant follow the rules then they shouldn't be allowed to be mods. IMHO

His sister's boyfriend was Mixon's bodyguard? Did not see that in any of the articles I've read about that incident in 2023.

Players have to be made to understand that they're making millions of dollars, are high profile....which makes them magnets/targets for stupid situations in public....and even bigger targets when alcohol is thrown into the mix.

Boys, you guys have won a financial lottery and changing the way you act and live will go a long ways towards securing your future after football. Why, that's a football paycheck that doesn't come with a lifetime of residual income or enough money to keep your lifestyle afloat if spending money like a pop or movie star is the way you started your NFL career.
True but with Mixon, he was 18 and NFL contracts were a dream. I understand that he has gone to anger management classes and hopefully this will not be a problem in 2024 for us.

Yep but to get facts correct; he did not pull a gun on anyone and was not accused of that. You quote lukecolley1011 but obviously didn't read his info. Mixon wasn't home. It was a guy at Mixon's house. Mixon's being sued because allegedly, he gave bullets to that guy sometime in the past. In 2023, I was given a box of 9 mm ammo and in turn gave it to a friend of mine. If he shot those at someone else I don't see why I should be held responsible for that. I suggest we wait until the legal process has completed.

Was this the one he wasn’t even home at the time for or the one where charges were dropped and the words “road rage” were being tossed around OR do I have one incident somehow confused into two (entirely possible)?
1. July 2014, at 18 the altercation with the female; blows were exchanged. He accepted an Alford plea claiming innocence but recognized evidence and received deferred sentence. This was before his freshman season, and he was suspended the entire season.
2. In 2016, tore a parking citation up and threw the pieces at the attendant. He was suspended one game. No charges.

3. 2023 while he was out of town, a man at his house allegedly fired 10 rounds while in an altercation with Mixon's next door neighbor who had teenagers in a Nerf gun war. That neighbor is suing Mixon and his sister and the guy whoever he was. As I stated earlier, it has been said that the guy was Joe's sister's boyfriend, also that he was Joe's brother-in-law and upstream by a guy who lived in Cincinnati and knows of the incident, as Joe Mixon's bodyguard.

Back