Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Let's talk about Joe Mixon.

Lots of chatter about Caserio working on a trade for Mixon. I assume the reason is to prevent free agency from inflating Mixon's price. That would suggest Caserio is preparing a big contract for someone, possibly Queen. I just hope we don't give up anything higher than a 4th for Mixon.

EDIT: As Zshawn's post above indicates, the deal is done. No details yet on what we're sending the Bengals.

Ok, i guess we're doing this Mixon thing...Not thrilled with it, but i also wasn't thrilled with the Singletary pick last year. Lets see if a change of scenery will do him some good.

Mixon is a dual threat - he had 52 receptions last year. His receiving skills are top notch. MJD just mentioned on NFL Total Access that he could be a 1k yard rushing and 1k yard receiving guy in our system. And his contract is only $5.7M.
I still expect to draft a RB though.
Has he ever been close?

I'm googling it right now, just wanted to make sure this post got here.

Who hasn't wanted to do this? I'm sure the paper hurt the attendant. How long ago was this?

I don't like parking attendants either. I have also never physically threatened someone for doing their job.

I simply have trouble rooting for someone who has crossed boundaries that I couldn't imagine myself crossing. If anyone believes that's judgmental, ask yourself how many men you choose to associate with who have close-fist punched a woman with full force. That number is likely zero. The woman required reconstructive surgery.

I've turned off the NFL twice in the past. I want to be entertained, not morally conflicted.

Guys, it's not the end of the world.
Mixon is a slight upgrade over Singletary, but I definitely don't think he is the last RB Texans add to this team.
Mixon to me will be the bell cow and I believe they will bring in a young buck from the draft - possibly a Bucky Irving type to add the lightning to Mixons thunder.

Guys, it's not the end of the world.
Mixon is a slight upgrade over Singletary, but I definitely don't think he is the last RB Texans add to this team.
Mixon to me will be the bell cow and I believe they will bring in a young buck from the draft - possibly a Bucky Irving type to add the lightning to Mixons thunder.

There's also the strong possibility Pierce figures things out. It's not like his rookie performance behind a bad O-line was a fluke.

I do not want Mixon. I don't like his off-field issues, and he relies heavily on the O-line to give him opportunities. You'd might as well rely on Pierce for that. Mixon was a non-factor in three of his seven seasons with the Bengals.
So if a man slaps you and shoves you.. you cool with that? A woman acts like a man, she gets treated like a man. I am not for anyone hitting anyone but once a blow is offered it's pretty much game on in my opinion.

The upside is that Mixon is a really good receiver.

Except for receiving parking tickets. He'll threaten to run you over.

Documents detail altercation between OU’s Joe Mixon and parking attendant | KFOR.com Oklahoma City
the article did not include all the information concerning the woman he punched hitting him first and second before he retaliated. I wonder how much the parking attendant info left out? I am not trying to excuse this guy but we need to have all the facts before we try to judge him.

I don't like parking attendants either. I have also never physically threatened someone for doing their job.

I simply have trouble rooting for someone who has crossed boundaries that I couldn't imagine myself crossing. If anyone believes that's judgmental, ask yourself how many men you choose to associate with who have close-fist punched a woman with full force. That number is likely zero. The woman required reconstructive surgery.

I've turned off the NFL twice in the past. I want to be entertained, not morally conflicted.
Again I ask you Why you don't mention the woman attacking him first?

the article did not include all the information concerning the woman he punched hitting him first and second before he retaliated. I wonder how much the parking attendant info left out? I am not trying to excuse this guy but we need to have all the facts before we try to judge him.
It was also said she called him the N word too.

None and with these circumstances I'm not morally conflicted.

He hasn't gotten in trouble in years.

It was also said she called him the N word too.

I knew all those facts too. Yes, women and parking attendants can drive a man crazy. So what should we do about it, blow up her face like Mike Tyson?

Try getting hit in the face by a woman. I have. It's cute.

I'm not trying to sway anyone's opinion of Mixon. I'm just explaining mine.

Also know that I didn't start this thread, it was a comment I made in the transaction thread. The mod split it off into a thread, which I'm perfectly fine with, but I need to mention it for context.

Wonderful then.

To clarify, two incidents last year. One he was charged but later that charge was dropped. Another I just found out about was involved in his home I think against his sister and sister's husband including gunfire. Here is an article that I have not completed.

What do yall have against parking attendants? I parked cars for 12 years. It was a great experience. I got to meet everybody and drive everything. Never really had a sour experience with customer other than drunkenness. I mean… I even wrecked Sam Cassel’s Ferrari but he was cool about it. I don’t get y’all’s hate.

To clarify, two incidents last year. One he was charged but later that charge was dropped. Another I just found out about was involved in his home I think against his sister and sister's husband including gunfire. Here is an article that I have not completed.

I completely forgot about this. Someone, initially assumed to be Mixon, fired a gun from Mixon's home toward some teens who had been horseplaying out front with Nerf guns.

I remember telling a friend at the time, "Sooner fans can talk all the trash they want about UT, but none of our players have ever tried to shoot a child."

Who knows if it was actually Mixon or the bro-in-law who was guilty, but it was Mixon's gun.

Again, these are situations none of us would find ourselves in. I'm sure Mixon is just misunderstood though.

To me it doesn't matter. It's situations like these that separate the men from the punks.

I need to look into the parking attendant thing, don't know much about it. & I'm willing to forget the punching the woman way back when. People change. But as to the principal of the matter, a man should be able to handle those situations without losing his sht.

I completely forgot about this. Someone, initially assumed to be Mixon, fired a gun from Mixon's home toward some teens who had been horseplaying out front with Nerf guns.

I remember telling a friend at the time, "Sooner fans can talk all the trash they want about UT, but none of our players have ever tried to shoot a child."

Who knows if it was actually Mixon or the bro-in-law who was guilty, but it was Mixon's gun.

Again, these are situations none of us would find ourselves in. I'm sure Mixon is just misunderstood though.
Not to complicate it but the way I read the evidence, it was not Mixon's gun but he provided bullets for the gun that was owned by the other guy.

It may be that Joe is the "deep pockets" as it was his yard gun fire came from?

To me it doesn't matter. It's situations like these that separate the men from the punks.

I need to look into the parking attendant thing, don't know much about it. & I'm willing to forget the punching the woman way back when. People change. But as to the principal of the matter, a man should be able to handle those situations without losing his sht.
Agree with everything you say but legally; based only upon what I know now, he seemed to be defending himself against an attacker; man or woman it's still the same. And for another poster who mentioned getting tickled by getting hit in the face by a woman, well I know some women that would knock him on his ass no matter how big he is.
I think I would walk away from a punch. I know I did from a soon to be ex that shoved me so hard she fell down. She even told her dad that I had pushed her down and then did admit that she lied. You should've see the look on his face!

I have a daughter that would likely stick up for her gay friends the same way Amelia Molitor did. I will not be a Texan fan or post on this board again as long as Joe Mixon is a member of the team.

For the record, I condemn Mixon’s actions. With that out of the way, you are ok with your daughter being the physical instigator and both shoving and slapping someone else? Someone much bigger and stronger than herself to boot? Where do you stand regarding woman on man violence?

For the record, I condemn Mixon’s actions. With that out of the way, you are ok with your daughter being the physical instigator and both shoving and slapping someone else? Someone much bigger and stronger than herself to boot? Where do you stand regarding woman on man violence?

He just said he wasn't going to post on this board as long as Mixon is a Texans. Why you going to ask him questions?

I have a daughter that would likely stick up for her gay friends the same way Amelia Molitor did. I will not be a Texan fan or post on this board again as long as Joe Mixon is a member of the team.
And I want a winning football team, I'll be watching and supporting.

It don't even need to be like that.

I was among the people who thought this kid shouldn't have been drafted & I would have been fine had he been blackballed out of the NFL. But, they drafted him, he's been in the NFL for a while. Done his job... He hasn't been a model citizen, but we don't know that he's the same person he was back then.

However, it is important to remember that Mixon has not been officially connected to the incident, and it is unfair to jump to conclusions or make assumptions without all the facts. It is also important to remember that Mixon has served his punishment for the incident in 2014, and he has expressed remorse for his actions. He has also been involved in community service and charity work, which shows that he is trying to make amends for his past mistakes.

My fault, no doubt. But I didn't think much about that 2014 incident when he was a Bengal, I'm not going to think much about it now that he's a Texans. But that's me.

Come on Doc, you are better than that! You should at least include that he hit her in self-defense whether he should have or not; give at least a touch of both sides of the story.
But it’s perfectly fine to constantly show women on TV and in the movies to be kicking guys in the balls and face while completely manipulating their environment.

But it’s perfectly fine to constantly show women on TV and in the movies to be kicking guys in the balls and face while completely manipulating their environment.
Yeah, I'm going to compare TV with real life ! Anyway, I never said it would be okay. No one should be hitting anyone but we need to state the facts of what happened not pick a side and choose what we post.
We get enough of that in politics everyday.

I have a daughter that would likely stick up for her gay friends the same way Amelia Molitor did.
I posted an article earlier today that Mixon and Molitor met up later and resolved their differences. She accepted Mixon's apology (and probably some of his money). If Molitor can forgive Mixon, I guess I can too.

Yeah, I'm going to compare TV with real life ! Anyway, I never said it would be okay. No one should be hitting anyone but we need to state the facts of what happened not pick a side and choose what we post.
We get enough of that in politics everyday.
It does bother me that TV/Movies glorify these types of actions. Probably somewhat contributes to these terrible actions.

Back