Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Let's talk about Joe Mixon.

"Nuanced."

1710358537072.png

She slapped his neck. He re-enacted Muhammed Ali's knockout of Liston.

I know, I know. 10 years ago. Stupid teenage mistakes. Breaking four bones in a woman's face because of a neck slap is just what teenagers do. Like shoplifting, right? We certainly have no reason to be suspicious of character flaws in this person.

As I said earlier, I'm not here to change people's minds about Mixon, only to clarify my own. That results in exploring some facts. In that interest, this is a decent source: Joe Mixon punched a woman, and it's on video. Here's the full timeline

If you read that, you'll probably suspect it was fiction that these two made up like everything was cool. Somehow, she got paid to go away.

I do hope Mixon is changed and develops into the kind of person who'd be considered a Walter Payton candidate. But if anyone has concerns about his character, it's not because they're just Puritans clutching their pearls as some comments above suggest. We've seen these flaws in people before.

Dude you're the one that brought up a boxer and how you enjoy taking punches from women.

I see you intend to pull me back into this by stawmanning my point.

I mentioned taking punches from women as a direct response to this:

1710386845202.png

Are you able to connect those dots? Or should I quote every comment with detailed footnotes?

I also mentioned getting punched by a boxer for comparison. That was to clarify my own point. The reader can take it or leave it, but you chose to be dishonest with it.

Last edited:
Here's the thing. Being from Cincinnati, and living 10 minutes at most from Mixons house. Some of y'all are just assuming what happened. Mixon never shot anyone. Mixon was in San Francisco at the time with his family. Mixon's bodyguard shot my friend. Our high school does Dart-Wars and my friend was pulling up on my other friend's house to try and get him out and Mixon's bodyguard thought it was a real gun and shot him in the foot. So, although it looks bad on Mixon it really had nothing to do with him other than his sister and bodyguard. Also, everyone in Cincinnati loved him. Going to the Texans game against Cincinnati, people went crazy when Mixon rushed a td against us. People chanting his name. He brought the energy, and I can't wait to see it in H-Town. I met him at my high school he came and took a picture with me. He was super super nice. Seriously think this man has changed. He's grown up since the Oklahoma incident.

I hope all of this is true and I would like to be wrong about the man. I've just known too many people who've behaved similarly to him, so I remain suspicious.

Speaking of, I do have to slightly question the judgement of you Cinci folks because of your love for Skyline chili.

I hope all of this is true and I would like to be wrong about the man. I've just known too many people who've behaved similarly to him, so I remain suspicious.

Speaking of, I do have to slightly question the judgement of you Cinci folks because of your love for Skyline chili.
Dude how many years was this? And have to seen the lasted interview at his camp? The man had over 400 kids at his camp. His teammates talk’s very highly of him. His coaches talked highly of him as well. And you’re hoping he changed. Get out the got darn past and let this crap go already.

and in the case of retaliation, appropriately proportionate response.

Hey Cloak. I didn’t read the article and I am pretty sure that you’re just offering data related to the subject for our better understanding. Nothing personal here.

Amazing how we can determine the appropriately proportionate response for a person being victimized. This whole idea is ridiculous. How can a rational person in the midst of being in a non victimized state determine how a victim should respond to his/her assailant? As soon as one person DECIDES to victimize the other, the victim’s response is entirely unpredictable.

If you choose to physically assault another person, you’re choosing to accept and deal with whatever response your victim reacts with. Nobody knows exactly how the victim was physically or psychologically effected, let alone how they perceived that specific threat in that specific situation.

When you become a victim, you may also become irrational as a result and therefore react in a way that others would call an overreaction or a disproportionate response. Victims can be unpredictable.

I have four daughters. Of course I speak with them about abusive relationships and not allowing themselves to remain with a man that would hit them. I also warn them that as soon as they decide to strike a man, they are willing to accept whatever the response their victim may have. That’s harsh but it’s reality.

I liked the Singletary signing last year and stated that here. I’m sorry to see him go. I’m not big on Joe Mixon. But we got him at a very reasonable cost, our line should be an improvement over Cinci’s and he may do very well here. Go Joe.

Hey Cloak. I didn’t read the article and I am pretty sure that you’re just offering data related to the subject for our better understanding. Nothing personal here.

Amazing how we can determine the appropriately proportionate response for a person being victimized. This whole idea is ridiculous. How can a rational person in the midst of being in a non victimized state determine how a victim should respond to his/her assailant? As soon as one person DECIDES to victimize the other, the victim’s response is entirely unpredictable.

If you choose to physically assault another person, you’re choosing to accept and deal with whatever response your victim reacts with. Nobody knows exactly how the victim was physically or psychologically effected, let alone how they perceived that specific threat in that specific situation.

When you become a victim, you may also become irrational as a result and therefore react in a way that others would call an overreaction or a disproportionate response. Victims can be unpredictable.

I have four daughters. Of course I speak with them about abusive relationships and not allowing themselves to remain with a man that would hit them. I also warn them that as soon as they decide to strike a man, they are willing to accept whatever the response their victim may have. That’s harsh but it’s reality.

I liked the Singletary signing last year and stated that here. I’m sorry to see him go. I’m not big on Joe Mixon. But we got him at a very reasonable cost, our line should be an improvement over Cinci’s and he may do very well here. Go Joe.

She slapped his neck. He broke her nose and her sinus.

Safe to say that's inappropriately disproportionate.

Being suspicious is one thing. Judging who he is now for something he did as a kid is another, even if it was a shit thing he did.

Look, I don’t think anybody’s going out and buying a bunch of Texans jerseys with Mixon on the back. Dude will be here for a year and move on. And I think the culture that DeMeco brings will keep him in line at least for that long even if he is still a punk. Of course there’s the chance he’s not that 18 year old punk anymore and things will be fine anyway.

I see you intend to pull me back into this by stawmanning my point.

I mentioned taking punches from women as a direct response to this:

View attachment 13776

Are you able to connect those dots? Or should I quote every comment with detailed footnotes?

I also mentioned getting punched by a boxer for comparison. That was to clarify my own point. The reader can take it or leave it, but you chose to be dishonest with it.
No dishonesty on my part you said what you said. Moving on

Unless you’re being slapped upside the neck right now. That’s a perfectly rational response.

Holy sht dude. I know you don't mean that. If it's a woman in your family, are you going to be "Meh, she deserved it."? When her nose is pouring blood and she has to get reconstructive surgery, will you say to yourself she had it coming?

Last edited:
But you are impacting a person's character. Pretty much gossip in my opinion as people continue to alter what we know as facts.
That's not the way it works. My description (opinion) of his character can not change it. If I say that mean cat is mean,it's not because I said it was mean that it is mean.

His character is on that video for all to see. & I haven't changed one fact.

Hmpfh...

I told my daughters to call me.

Different strokes...

Hmpfh...

I told my daughters to call me.

Different strokes...
Call you? So if they attack me… I’m defending myself against them -and- you? Gotcha, daddy. Didn’t you once threaten a member here and incite him to meet you on 1960?

Lol.

Yeah… how about you just lead by example and teach your daughters not to hit people in the first place.

#shittyhumanswillbeshittyhumans

Dude how many years was this? And have to seen the lasted interview at his camp? The man had over 400 kids at his camp. His teammates talk’s very highly of him. His coaches talked highly of him as well. And you’re hoping he changed. Get out the got darn past and let this crap go already.
I would love to comment but my posts would just get deleted again.

1. July 2014, at 18 the altercation with the female; blows were exchanged. He accepted an Alford plea claiming innocence but recognized evidence and received deferred sentence. This was before his freshman season, and he was suspended the entire season.
2. In 2016, tore a parking citation up and threw the pieces at the attendant. He was suspended one game. No charges.

3. 2023 while he was out of town, a man at his house allegedly fired 10 rounds while in an altercation with Mixon's next door neighbor who had teenagers in a Nerf gun war. That neighbor is suing Mixon and his sister and the guy whoever he was. As I stated earlier, it has been said that the guy was Joe's sister's boyfriend, also that he was Joe's brother-in-law and upstream by a guy who lived in Cincinnati and knows of the incident, as Joe Mixon's bodyguard.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. Much obliged!

This is a very valid point.

Two things I wanted when I went up that way. To try White Castle and Skyline Chili. White Castle was bad (at the location I sampled) but Skyline Chili was so much worse. It literally kicked the WC's butt and left me rotten on the inside for days. I was tasting that crap all through Indiana. Fast food is bad for you. Yankee fast food is potentially fatal.

Good. Now run away from your own attempt to strawman my argument. I don't blame you, you were approaching Uncle Rico level irrationality.

You dropping this and the "nuanced" post above are a touch hypocritical when you portray what happen as simply "she slapped his neck and he reenacted Ali v Liston."

I am in no way defending Mixon, just somewhat indifferent on the actions of 18 yr olds a decade ago; but for clarity let's not forget the whole sequence of events:
1 - Mixon and co entered the establishment and exchange words with the table the girl is at. Mixon drops a homophobic slur at one of the table's occupants.
2 - The girl enters the argument with the one racial slur you shouldn't say to an African American male.
3 - Mixon confronts her, things get heated.
4 - Mixon walks away, and the young woman gets up a slaps Mixon from behind.
5 - Mixon fires back and breaks four bones in her face.

Does this justify Mixon? Not really, but it certainly explains why the deal was reached and both sides apologized to the other. You may think that under no circumstance should Mixon have swung and that's fine. I agree with you, but this sequence of events isn't as simplistic as you have been presenting them as.

You dropping this and the "nuanced" post above are a touch hypocritical when you portray what happen as simply "she slapped his neck and he reenacted Ali v Liston."

I am in no way defending Mixon, just somewhat indifferent on the actions of 18 yr olds a decade ago; but for clarity let's not forget the whole sequence of events:
1 - Mixon and co entered the establishment and exchange words with the table the girl is at. Mixon drops a homophobic slur at one of the table's occupants.
2 - The girl enters the argument with the one racial slur you shouldn't say to an African American male.
3 - Mixon confronts her, things get heated.
4 - Mixon walks away, and the young woman gets up a slaps Mixon from behind.
5 - Mixon fires back and breaks four bones in her face.

Does this justify Mixon? Not really, but it certainly explains why the deal was reached and both sides apologized to the other. You may think that under no circumstance should Mixon have swung and that's fine. I agree with you, but this sequence of events isn't as simplistic as you have been presenting them as.

You clearly didn't watch the video. The punch happened exactly as I said.

Joe Mixon Assault Surveillance Video - YouTube

So your first point is inaccurate (he was alone) and your fourth point is entirely false.

The next day she said this to the local news: "He punched me one time," she said. "He broke my face in four places ... my nose, my sinuses ... they're broken."

Does that sound like they had a make-up sesh? Mixon didn't apologize for two years, likely due to legal advice.

You said I misrepresented the events when I'm the only person who bothered to post the timeline. Joe Mixon punched a woman, and it's on video. Here's the full timeline - SBNation.com

She slapped his neck. He broke her nose and her sinus.

Safe to say that's inappropriately disproportionate.
That's not the way it works. My description (opinion) of his character can not change it. If I say that mean cat is mean,it's not because I said it was mean that it is mean.

His character is on that video for all to see. & I haven't changed one fact.
That's not what I'm talking about and I think you know it. Your verbal opinions of people can change the view of others. I even think there are a couple of things called slander and libel that would also render your point of view incorrect.

I saw an article on Mixon. Basically, he had the same or better stats to this point in his career as did Barkley. Don't get me wrong I wanted Barkley, but if he has no issues and plays at a high level...I'll take it. I'll see if I can find the Barkley vs Mixon comparison.

Here is one:

Maybe draft a RB of the future?

That's not what I'm talking about and I think you know it. Your verbal opinions of people can change the view of others. I even think there are a couple of things called slander and libel that would also render your point of view incorrect.

Slander & libel would not make my view incorrect. That's not how that works. My comments may be slanderous, my comments may be libelous, they may even be incorrect, but they aren't incorrect because they are slanderous or libelous.

Yes, my opinion may sway the other opinion of others, I state the case for why I believe what I believe. Others are free to agree, disagree, or even hold a similar opinion for their own reasons.

But my point is that the law doesn't matter here since we are not trying to convict him, I don't think I've seen the opinion that he should have been incarcerated or fined. We're stating our opinions of an incident based on what we believe are facts. That the woman instigated the situation doesn't, imo (as stated several times) does not warrant his response as seen in the video.

You clearly didn't watch the video. The punch happened exactly as I said.

Joe Mixon Assault Surveillance Video - YouTube

So your first point is inaccurate (he was alone) and your fourth point is entirely false.

The next day she said this to the local news: "He punched me one time," she said. "He broke my face in four places ... my nose, my sinuses ... they're broken."

Does that sound like they had a make-up sesh? Mixon didn't apologize for two years, likely due to legal advice.

You said I misrepresented the events when I'm the only person who bothered to post the timeline. Joe Mixon punched a woman, and it's on video. Here's the full timeline - SBNation.com
I notice you didn't reply to if you call a guy the N word and slap/hit him, that you're taking your chances that things can go wrong very quickly.

Exactly. Reality is women take advantage of interactions like this. This is b/c Lots of women and even men of older generations still teach their girls very early that they should expect that a male not react in kind b/c well...... they're girls/women......& a "real" man would never...****'s outdated as hell. Teach your girls to keep their hands to themselves like everyone else. You can't be advocating and fighting for women to be considered equals with men in everything....then pull out the "but i'm a woman & thereby weaker than you"excuse in situations like these...

Can't tell you how many times i've seen a chick start something physical with a guy and either get her ass handled...or get her guy handled b/c he felt compelled to come to her honor....or b/c the guy attacked felt like he'd absolutely destroy the woman so he goes at her guy when he had NOTHING to do with it. Hell, most of the instances I've personally witnessed, the guy was trying to reel in the chick & instead caught an ass-whipping for her actions.

Sage advice & i teach my daughters the same thing.

As for Mixon...Look, you can never really know what or if someone has changed, but the incident in discussion happened 10 years ago. Gotta believe the guy has grown some..but he's been

I dont wonder what she said to him It's been well documented.
I again suspect she experienced a blond rage after getting fed up with the racist sexist comments they are exposed to. UT hired a coach to made it his priority to clean up the way the Texas football players treated females on campus. The culture of gangbanger actors is not only a college issue but a society issue as well.

I again suspect she experienced a blond rage after getting fed up with the racist sexist comments they are exposed to. UT hired a coach to made it his priority to clean up the way the Texas football players treated females on campus. The culture of gangbanger actors is not only a college issue but a society issue as well.

"blonde rage" or not, keep your hands to yourself & you won't be on camera getting slumped with 4 broken bones in your face.

I notice you didn't reply to if you call a guy the N word and slap/hit him, that you're taking your chances that things can go wrong very quickly.

How does that change anything I've said over the past four pages?

Edit: This is my final statement on this topic:

If a man punches a woman in the face, he is almost always doing so out of anger, not self-defense*. A lady-punch is not a threat to a man*. That's the problem I have with the woman-puncher apologists. Anger does not justify the misuse of disproportionate strength.

*Yes, there are exceptions like the one mentioned previously where the woman used an object to do harm.

Last edited:
Slander & libel would not make my view incorrect. That's not how that works. My comments may be slanderous, my comments may be libelous, they may even be incorrect, but they aren't incorrect because they are slanderous or libelous.

Yes, my opinion may sway the other opinion of others, I state the case for why I believe what I believe. Others are free to agree, disagree, or even hold a similar opinion for their own reasons.

But my point is that the law doesn't matter here since we are not trying to convict him, I don't think I've seen the opinion that he should have been incarcerated or fined. We're stating our opinions of an incident based on what we believe are facts. That the woman instigated the situation doesn't, imo (as stated several times) does not warrant his response as seen in the video.

Defamation, what slander and libel fall under, are very hard to prove in a civil case and almost impossible in a criminal case. This is made even more so if the person that is being spoken about is a public figure, like a professional athlete, as the courts have ruled many times that public figures do not have the same reasonable expectation of privacy that non-public figures do. Basically to win any defamation case you have to prove that you were harmed in some manner, such as the loss of a job, directly due to the statements made. In other words as long as no one is threating physical harm to Mixon, which is a whole different can of worms, nothing said one way or another on this board falls under defamation.

Yes you are correct she should have accepted the gangbanger hate as it is the norm now. Charlie Strong tried to curb the culture but you are with the winning side of just accept and walk away if you are able.

Here's the thing the courts, all the way up to the supreme court, have ruled that even things considered hate speech are allowed under the first amendment. This is because words are just words and they can not physically harm you. No one ever went to the hospital and got medical treatment because someone said something they don't like to them. Getting physical, however, is not protected. I'm not defending what Mixon said as that to was wrong but fact is he didn't hit her because of what she said he hit her after she hit him. If she had stood there and cussed him out all day and called him every name under the sun then that is protected, she might face punishment from the college just like him but not from the legal system. However, the moment she turned it physical then it became a whole different ballgame.

I think everyone has chimed in on the Mixon incident of 10 years ago. I think everyone knows where everyone else stands on the issue. No minds are being changed.

So, let's talk about where the Texans stand with Mixon, now. He's a known commodity, good for 1300+ scrimmage yards for a full season. There's no wondering about upside, Mixon is what he is. Ryans knows Bengal coaches James Casey and Frank Pollard from their days with the Texans. I'm sure he got a recommendation from them as to Mixon's character, on and off the field. And if Ryans did not feel good about this acquisition, it would not have happened.

Concerns? Well, the Bengals did give up on Mixon, whose contract was far from onerous. They're going with Zach Moss, Chase Brown, and possibly a rookie from the upcoming draft. Do they know something the Texans don't? We'll see.

Let's move on. Nothing left to say until Mixon hits the field.

"blonde rage" or not, keep your hands to yourself & you won't be on camera getting slumped with 4 broken bones in your face.
How hard is that to understand? My mother told my sister the same thing. You hit a man, more and likely he’ll hit you back. So keep your darn hands to yourself.

When I was 20 my girlfriend at the time hit me in the back of the head with an air freshener can. I didn’t punch her in the face but I did jacked her ash up against the wall.

I see Mixon as an 18-20 touch player. He’s a step above Singletary and a step down from Barkley/Jacobs/Henry.

He has been playing in a similar running scheme with a stud QB and a bad OL. Maybe this year’s OL will be the upgrade that he needs to hit his 2021 production ceiling?

I see Mixon as an 18-20 touch player. He’s a step above Singletary and a step down from Barkley/Jacobs/Henry.

He has been playing in a similar running scheme with a stud QB and a bad OL. Maybe this year’s OL will be the upgrade that he needs to hit his 2021 production ceiling?
Brother he’s produced better numbers than Barkley. How’s Barkley a step above him?

Back